|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of "Muller's in Wigmore?"
(a) Mrs. Green inherited that mansion.
(b) Mrs. Green was born on that estate.
(c) Mrs. Green worked at that restaurant.
(d) Florence Green gained work experience in that book shop.
2. What does Mr. Brundish send to Florence Green?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A check for $5000.00
(c) A handwritten note of congratulations.
(d) An invitation for a party.
3. Who wants to use the Old House as an arts center?
(a) Mr. Keble.
(b) Milo North.
(c) Florence Green.
(d) Violet Gamart.
4. Who has assumed that Florence will not be staying at the Old House?
(a) The fish monger.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The next door neighbor.
(d) The teacher.
5. What does Florence install in The Bookshop to mask the tapping?
(a) Music system.
(d) A cash register with a bell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florence do on a break from the shop?
2. Who services the lending library?
3. What alerts Florence to a storm?
4. How many town people sign up for the lending library on the first day?
5. Who has not yet visited the shop according to Milo North?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Gill elaborate about his connection to Violet Gamart in his letter to Florence?
2. The heron and the eel are in a struggle for survival in mid-air. How does this struggle relate to Florence Green's inner conflict?
3. Florence Green is facing a major decision about using her inheritance to open the bookshop. What factors must she consider before she decides the action she should take?
4. What happens during "ten minutes on a Tuesday morning the the end of March?"
5. What does Florence realize at the beginning of Chapter 5?
6. Names are sometimes symbolic. How is Hardborough, the town's name, used as a symbol?
7. How does Mrs. Gamart try to persuade Florence to rethink her decision to establish the shop?
8. Why is Milo North glad that Florence is visiting him?
9. According to Ivy Welford, what is the purpose of a business ledger? What effect does Ivy's comment have on Florence?
10. How does Hardborough's geographical location contribute to its citizens' views?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)