|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which month does Florence receive the invitation for tea at Mr. Brundish's house?
2. Who is a judge for the costume contest?
(a) Mrs. Gipping.
(b) Milo North.
(c) Mrs. Gamart.
(d) Mr. Brundish.
3. According to Mr. Thornton's response to Florence in Chapter 8, what has prevented him from visiting The Bookshop?
4. What color is the biscuit tin that is used at the tea in Chapter 5?
5. Who reads Bunty?
(a) Ivy Welford.
(c) Milo North.
(d) The Sea Scouts.
6. All EXCEPT who of the following is hostile towards Florence?
(a) Mr. Welford.
(b) Mr. Gill.
(c) Mr. Raven.
(d) Mr. Deben.
7. What does Mrs. Gipping offer Florence to drink?
(b) Marrow wine.
(c) Earl Grey tea.
(d) Spring water.
8. In Chapter 8, what would shake Florence's sense of security if she stopped to think about her surroundings?
(a) Milo North's frequent shop visits.
(b) Mr. Raven's hostility.
(c) Hostility from her alliances.
(d) Mrs. Gamart's sudden friendliness.
9. Who has brought artwork to the shop?
(a) General Gamart.
(b) Mrs. Gipping.
(c) Mr. Keble.
(d) Mr. Gill.
10. What is Florence delivering to the Women's Institute?
(a) Wildflower handbooks.
(b) Church hymnals.
(c) Herbal recipe books.
(d) Women's magazines.
11. Which church does Florence attend?
(a) Community Church.
(b) The Church of England.
(c) St. Edmunds.
(d) The Vicar.
12. In what year and season is The Bookshop closed?
(a) Winter, 1960.
(c) Spring, 1960.
(d) Summer, 1960.
13. In Chapter 8 who does Florence meet at an old estate for the first time?
14. What is Mrs. Gipping drinking while she talks to Florence Green?
(a) Vegetable marrow.
(b) Red wine.
(c) Cherry Brandy.
15. What is the name of the fancy dress costume?
(a) Good-bye 1959.
(b) Welcome 1960.
(c) Meet and Greet 1959.
(d) It's a New Year!
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the solicitors change their minds about helping to save the shop?
2. How do the other customers react to Christine's knuckle rapping?
3. In Florence's opinion who spends less time regretting decisions?
4. After Florence leaves Mrs. Gipping, who is the first customer of the day at The Bookshop?
5. Who is having tea at the beginning of Chapter 6?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)