|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is a new bookshop located?
(d) Saxford Tye.
2. Who thinks that the book Lolita will never be sold in Hardborough?
(a) General Gamart.
(b) Violet Gamart.
(c) Milo North.
(d) Mrs. Gipping.
3. After calculating her profits from the sale of Lolita during the first week of December, which word describes Florence's feelings?
4. Where does Florence receive the invitation for tea at Mr. Brundish's house?
(a) The Oyster Hut.
(b) The lending library.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The bookshop.
5. How does Florence feel as she leaves the town at the end of the book?
6. Who delivers copies of Lolita to Flintmarket station?
(a) Hardborough's train service.
(b) Mr. Raven.
(c) The London Flyer.
(d) British Railways.
7. Which church does Florence attend?
(a) The Vicar.
(b) Community Church.
(c) The Church of England.
(d) St. Edmunds.
8. After church Florence stops by Mrs. Gipping's house. What is Mrs. Gipping doing?
(a) Sitting on the porch.
(b) Pruning her holly bushes.
(c) Tending her celery.
(d) Talking to Christine.
9. Who falls over in the street and dies?
(a) Mrs. Gamart.
(c) Mr. Keble.
(d) Mr. Brundish.
10. How do the other customers react to Christine's knuckle rapping?
(a) They ignore the situation.
(b) They are appalled.
(c) They scream.
(d) They start to laugh.
11. After Florence leaves Mrs. Gipping, who is the first customer of the day at The Bookshop?
(a) Violet Gamart.
(b) Mr. Raven.
(c) Mr. Brundish.
(d) Milo North.
12. What transportation does Florence take to Liverpool Street?
(b) A trolley.
(c) The train.
(d) The bus.
13. What do the onlookers say about Christine after she uses the ruler?
(a) Christine is a defiant brat.
(b) Christine has too much authority.
(c) Christine should be taught some manners.
(d) Christine should be fired.
14. Who delivers an invitation to Florence for tea at Mr. Brundish's house?
(a) Mr. Brundish.
(b) Milo North.
(c) Mrs. Gipping.
15. What is Florence delivering to the Women's Institute?
(a) Wildflower handbooks.
(b) Women's magazines.
(c) Herbal recipe books.
(d) Church hymnals.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8 who does Florence meet at an old estate for the first time?
2. What is the center of the discussion at tea with Mr. Brundish?
3. Who is a judge for the costume contest?
4. Who carries Florence's heavy luggage?
5. What does Mrs. Gipping offer Florence to drink?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)