Short Answer Key
1. In what decade does the story begin?
2. According to Florence, which two creatures have struggles similar to her own?
A heron and an eel.
3. Which adjectives are used to describe the citizens of Hardborough?
Cautious, but interested.
4. Who is the bank manager?
5. What is the significance of "Muller's in Wigmore?"
Florence Green gained work experience in that book shop.
6. In Chapter 1, how is Old House described?
7. How does the bank manager react to Mrs. Green's loan request?
8. Who does Mrs. Green encounter on the way home from the bank?
9. Who believes that Mrs. Green has the "ability to chance some 'unlikely' things"?
10. Who does Mrs. Green assist on her way home in Chapter 1?
11. In Chapter 1, what situation is causing Florence...
This section contains 2,072 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)