|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hardborough's upper class go for cultural events?
(a) Nearby towns.
2. How long has The Bookshop been open in Chapter 5?
(a) One year.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three months.
3. How many town people sign up for the lending library on the first day?
4. Who believes that Mrs. Green has the "ability to chance some 'unlikely' things"?
(a) Her Husband.
(b) The marshman.
(c) Mrs. Garmet
(d) The banker.
5. Who is the bank manager?
(a) Mr. Brundish.
(b) Mr. Keble.
(c) Mr. Raven.
(d) Mrs. Gamart.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the story, what does Hardborough lack?
2. Why has Florence been invited to the society party?
3. Who wants to use the Old House as an arts center?
4. Who is the resident of the the Old House?
5. What does Mr. Deben say to Florence at the kissing-gate?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)