|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Florence hire Christine?
(a) She needs a cook.
(b) She needs a housekeeper.
(c) She needs a shop helper.
(d) She needs a personal secretary.
2. What lesson does nature teach Mrs. Green?
(a) She needs to listen to advice.
(b) She has taken on too much.
(c) She has the ability to succeed.
(d) She is too old to start again.
3. According to Florence, which two creatures have struggles similar to her own?
(a) A robin and a worm.
(b) An eagle and a sparrow.
(c) A heron and an eel.
(d) A parrot and an owl.
4. Who delivers copies of Lolita to Flintmarket station?
(a) British Railways.
(b) Hardborough's train service.
(c) Mr. Raven.
(d) The London Flyer.
5. Who delivers an invitation to Florence for tea at Mr. Brundish's house?
(a) Mr. Brundish.
(b) Milo North.
(d) Mrs. Gipping.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Green encounter on the way home from the bank?
2. What animal is being cared for in Chapter 1?
3. Who has not yet visited the shop according to Milo North?
4. At the end of Chapter 3, what events take place?
5. At the end of Chapter 3, which of the following describes Florence's attitude towards the Old House?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)