|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what situation is causing Florence concern?
(a) Returning to school.
(b) Using inheritance money.
(c) Opening a restaurant.
(d) Accepting a job.
2. Who strengthens Florence resolve to buy the Old House?
(a) The rapper.
(b) Mr. Keble.
(c) The marshman.
(d) Milo North.
3. What does Milo North purchase for Kattie?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A popular novel.
(c) A coloring book.
(d) A diary.
4. What is Milo North carrying under his arm when he visits the Old House in Chapter 5?
(a) An umbrella.
(b) A walking cane.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A book.
5. How old is the "Old House?"
(a) 100 years.
(b) 500 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 1000 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Wally?
2. At the beginning of the story, what does Hardborough lack?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 5, who tells Florence that one of the Gipping girls will be visiting the shop?
4. In Chapter 1, how is Old House described?
5. Who believes that Mrs. Green has the "ability to chance some 'unlikely' things"?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)