|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hardborough's upper class go for cultural events?
(c) Nearby towns.
2. Who wants to use the Old House as an arts center?
(a) Mr. Keble.
(b) Violet Gamart.
(c) Florence Green.
(d) Milo North.
3. At the end of Chapter 3, which of the following describes Florence's attitude towards the Old House?
(a) She realizes that it is not suitable for her bookshop.
(b) She is frightened and regrets the purchase.
(c) She is resolved to remain at the Old House.
(d) She is selling the property as soon as possible.
4. Who let the visitor(s) into the Old House?
(a) Milo North.
(b) General Gamart.
(c) Mr. Raven.
(d) Mr. Keble.
5. Who orders The Messiah?
(a) Violet Gamart.
(b) The fishmonger.
(d) Mr. Raven.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what situation is causing Florence concern?
2. Why do the town people warm up to Florence in Chapter 2?
3. At the beginning of the story, what does Hardborough lack?
4. Who does Florence visit after learning about Mrs. Gamart's intentions?
5. How old is the "Old House?"
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)