|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Florence hire Christine?
(a) She needs a cook.
(b) She needs a personal secretary.
(c) She needs a housekeeper.
(d) She needs a shop helper.
2. Why has Florence been invited to the society party?
(a) She has plans for the bookshop.
(b) She is a dear friend of the host.
(c) She is liked by everyone.
(d) She can help Mrs. Gamart's cultural center.
3. At the end of Chapter 3, which of the following describes Florence's attitude towards the Old House?
(a) She is resolved to remain at the Old House.
(b) She is selling the property as soon as possible.
(c) She realizes that it is not suitable for her bookshop.
(d) She is frightened and regrets the purchase.
4. Who thinks that the bookstore is a circulating library?
(b) Mr. Brundish.
(c) General Gamart.
(d) Mr. Keble.
5. Who does Mrs. Green encounter on the way home from the bank?
(a) The town gossip.
(b) The marshman.
(c) Her minister.
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has not yet visited the shop according to Milo North?
2. How does the bank manager react to Mrs. Green's loan request?
3. What color dress does Florence order?
4. What does Florence do on a break from the shop?
5. How many other customers are in the shop while Milo is there?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)