|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is crying in the schoolyard?
(a) Christine Gipping.
(b) Melody Gipping.
(c) Kattie Brundish.
(d) Violet Gamart.
2. What is Milo North carrying under his arm when he visits the Old House in Chapter 5?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A walking cane.
(c) A book.
(d) An umbrella.
3. Who is the resident of the the Old House?
(a) Florence Green.
(b) Violet Garmet.
(c) Milo North.
(d) Mr. Brundish.
4. Which two modern products were among those mentioned in Chapter 3?
(a) Nescafe and television.
(b) Typewriters and telephones.
(c) Paperback books and Kleenex.
(d) Radios and automobiles.
5. What was Mr. Green's job when his future wife first met him?
(d) Poetry buyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Green assist on her way home in Chapter 1?
2. Where does the society party take place?
3. Who has driven screws into the wall of the library?
4. Which book causes a stir among the women?
5. Who visits the bookstore the day before its opening?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)