|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has assumed that Florence will not be staying at the Old House?
(a) The teacher.
(b) The fish monger.
(c) The next door neighbor.
(d) The mayor.
2. What was Mr. Green's job when his future wife first met him?
(d) Poetry buyer.
3. Who does Mrs. Green encounter on the way home from the bank?
(a) Her minister.
(b) The marshman.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The town gossip.
4. Where does Hardborough's upper class go for cultural events?
(c) Nearby towns.
5. Who does Mr. Raven mention in Chapter 4 to Florence as a possible shop helper?
(b) Milo North.
(c) Mr. Raven.
(d) One of the Gipping girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the resident of the the Old House?
2. What lesson does nature teach Mrs. Green?
3. Why do the town people warm up to Florence in Chapter 2?
4. Where does the society party take place?
5. How many town people sign up for the lending library on the first day?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)