|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What quickly happens to the lending library?
(a) It has a new librarian.
(b) It closes temporarily.
(c) It receives more books.
(d) It closes permanently.
2. Who flatters Florence at the society party?
(a) The banker.
(b) Mr. Raven.
(c) Mrs. Gamart.
(d) Milo North.
3. What lesson does nature teach Mrs. Green?
(a) She needs to listen to advice.
(b) She has taken on too much.
(c) She has the ability to succeed.
(d) She is too old to start again.
4. Which two modern products were among those mentioned in Chapter 3?
(a) Nescafe and television.
(b) Paperback books and Kleenex.
(c) Typewriters and telephones.
(d) Radios and automobiles.
5. In what decade does the story begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Green assist on her way home in Chapter 1?
2. What property is given as an alternative site for the book store?
3. Where does Hardborough's upper class go for cultural events?
4. What is the significance of "Muller's in Wigmore?"
5. What does Florence use to dry the tears of the child in the schoolyard?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)