|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Green encounter on the way home from the bank?
(a) The town gossip.
(b) Her minister.
(c) The marshman.
(d) Her husband.
2. How many town people sign up for the lending library on the first day?
3. In Chapter 1, what situation is causing Florence concern?
(a) Accepting a job.
(b) Opening a restaurant.
(c) Returning to school.
(d) Using inheritance money.
4. At the end of Chapter 3, which of the following describes Florence's attitude towards the Old House?
(a) She is resolved to remain at the Old House.
(b) She is frightened and regrets the purchase.
(c) She realizes that it is not suitable for her bookshop.
(d) She is selling the property as soon as possible.
5. What brand of coffee is offered to Florence at the cottage?
(b) Earl Grey.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Florence, which two creatures have struggles similar to her own?
2. Who flatters Florence at the society party?
3. At the end of Chapter 3, what events take place?
4. Who visits the bookstore the day before its opening?
5. What quickly happens to the lending library?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)