|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the bank manager?
(a) Mr. Raven.
(b) Mr. Brundish.
(c) Mrs. Gamart.
(d) Mr. Keble.
2. Where does Milo North work?
(a) BBC in London.
(b) Hardborough Town Hall.
(c) The bookshop.
(d) The Stead.
3. Why does Florence hire Christine?
(a) She needs a personal secretary.
(b) She needs a housekeeper.
(c) She needs a cook.
(d) She needs a shop helper.
4. In Chapter 1, how is Old House described?
5. What is Florence's attitude about attending the social party in Chapter 2?
(a) Florence does not want to go.
(b) Florence does not care one way or the other.
(c) Florence sees the party a chance to meet people.
(d) Florence is more than eager to attend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hardborough's upper class go for cultural events?
2. Who does Mrs. Green encounter on the way home from the bank?
3. Who flatters Florence at the society party?
4. What brand of coffee is offered to Florence at the cottage?
5. Why do the town people warm up to Florence in Chapter 2?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)