|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What property is given as an alternative site for the book store?
(a) The Oyster Shed.
(b) The Stead.
(c) The community center.
(d) The wet fish shop.
2. In Chapter 1, what situation is causing Florence concern?
(a) Using inheritance money.
(b) Returning to school.
(c) Accepting a job.
(d) Opening a restaurant.
3. Who is opening drawers and cupboards at the society party?
(a) Florence Green.
(b) General Gamart.
(c) The butler.
(d) Mr. Raven.
4. Who does Florence visit after learning about Mrs. Gamart's intentions?
(a) Mr. Raven.
(b) Violet Gamart.
(c) Mr. Keble.
(d) Milo North.
5. At the end of Chapter 3, what events take place?
(a) Shelves are set up and the walls are painted white.
(b) Florence unpacks boxes and places furniture.
(c) Neighbors come and offer to help Florence move.
(d) Mr. Keble surprises Florence with a visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what decade does the story begin?
2. Who let the visitor(s) into the Old House?
3. How old is the "Old House?"
4. Who is the resident of the the Old House?
5. Why do the town people warm up to Florence in Chapter 2?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)