|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Florence meet first at the society party?
(a) The mayor of Hardborough.
(b) General Gamart.
(c) Mr. Raven
(d) Milo North.
2. At the end of Chapter 3, what events take place?
(a) Neighbors come and offer to help Florence move.
(b) Florence unpacks boxes and places furniture.
(c) Shelves are set up and the walls are painted white.
(d) Mr. Keble surprises Florence with a visit.
3. What does Mr. Deben say to Florence at the kissing-gate?
(a) He wants to offer her a job.
(b) He wants to negotiate the sale of his shop.
(c) He is glad that she is in Hardborough.
(d) He wants to help her move.
4. Who wants to use the Old House as an arts center?
(a) Milo North.
(b) Mr. Keble.
(c) Florence Green.
(d) Violet Gamart.
5. Who is working at the Old House at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) An electrician.
(b) A roofer.
(c) A gardener.
(d) A plumber.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Deben?
2. In Chapter 1, what situation is causing Florence concern?
3. At the beginning of the story, what does Hardborough lack?
4. What adjective describes the society party's guests?
5. What property is given as an alternative site for the book store?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)