1. In what decade does the story begin?
2. According to Florence, which two creatures have struggles similar to her own?
(a) A robin and a worm.
(b) A heron and an eel.
(c) A parrot and an owl.
(d) An eagle and a sparrow.
3. Which adjectives are used to describe the citizens of Hardborough?
(a) Kind, but stubborn.
(b) Cautious, but interested.
(c) Uneducated, but hard working.
(d) Arrogant, but helpful.
4. Who is the bank manager?
(a) Mr. Raven.
(b) Mr. Keble.
(c) Mrs. Gamart.
(d) Mr. Brundish.
5. What is the significance of "Muller's in Wigmore?"
(a) Mrs. Green inherited that mansion.
(b) Mrs. Green was born on that estate.
(c) Mrs. Green worked at that restaurant.
(d) Florence Green gained work experience in that book shop.
6. In Chapter 1, how is Old House described?
7. How does the bank manager react to Mrs. Green's loan request?
(a) With surprise.
This section contains 3,550 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)