1. In what decade does the story begin?
2. According to Florence, which two creatures have struggles similar to her own?
(a) A robin and a worm.
(b) A parrot and an owl.
(c) An eagle and a sparrow.
(d) A heron and an eel.
3. Which adjectives are used to describe the citizens of Hardborough?
(a) Uneducated, but hard working.
(b) Kind, but stubborn.
(c) Cautious, but interested.
(d) Arrogant, but helpful.
4. Who is the bank manager?
(a) Mr. Raven.
(b) Mr. Keble.
(c) Mrs. Gamart.
(d) Mr. Brundish.
5. What is the significance of "Muller's in Wigmore?"
(a) Mrs. Green was born on that estate.
(b) Mrs. Green inherited that mansion.
(c) Florence Green gained work experience in that book shop.
(d) Mrs. Green worked at that restaurant.
6. In Chapter 1, how is Old House described?
7. How does the bank manager react to Mrs. Green's loan request?
(a) With surprise.
This section contains 3,550 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)