Essay Topics/Writing Assignments
These 20 essay questions can be used as essay questions on a test, or as stand-alone essay topics for a take-home or in-class writing assignment. Students should have a full understanding of the text in order to answer these questions. They ask for a thorough analysis of the text.
1. Stereotyping is a motif in The Bookshop. Discuss at least two instances where stereotyping appears. Who does it affect? How does the stereotyping in that part of the story drive the plot?
2. Mr. Raven befriends Florence Green throughout the story.
1) Discuss specific events in the story that demonstrate his role as Florence's friend.
2) Do conversations between Florence and Raven affect her actions? Support with details.
3) Is Raven sometimes meddlesome in Florence's affairs? Support with details.
3. Mr. Brundish and Violet Gamart are both influential citizens of...
This section contains 706 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)