|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Taoists think about organized religion?
(a) It should be respected.
(b) It should be made suspect.
(c) It should be law.
(d) It should be required.
2. Okakura could be brilliant but also ________________; visionary but suffering from cultural myopia, arrogant and pedantic but sentimental.
3. Lu Wu could be considered what?
(a) "Our tea Jesus."
(b) "Our tea man."
(c) "Our first apostle of tea."
(d) "Our god of tea."
4. There are many similarities between Taoism and Zennism, including the emphasis on the individual and what?
(a) The community.
5. Many Japanese treated heirlooms and traditional art as what?
(a) Everyday items.
(b) Little more than junk.
(c) Family jewels.
(d) Precious treasures.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Boiled Tea era used tea as what?
2. Taoism is concerned with what time?
3. Tea was known in China since when?
4. What did some people call tea?
5. What does the "religion of aestheticism" celebrate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the history of Taoism and tea?
2. How is the vacuum used in another art form?
3. What happened during the Mongol invasion of China?
4. What are Taoist beliefs? How did this affect the feelings toward authority and laws?
5. What are the three main tea eras? How are these eras significant?
6. What is the chief contribution of Taoism to Asiatic life? Describe this.
7. How did tea begin?
8. When did tea first arrive in the Western world? Who brought it?
9. For what is tea known?
10. Did all Japanese accept modern, Western attitudes and behaviors? How do you know this?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)