1. The Japanese under ______________________in the second half of the 19th century were pursuing efforts to modernize.
2. Modernization came with a price, namely, the destruction of what?
3. Many did not accept efforts of modernization. There are several _________________________ documented from this time period, and many more scholars and others who attempted to preserve the old culture resisted modernization.
4. Okakura was born in 1862 to whom?
5. He studied at an English-language university, and was fluent in what three languages?
This section contains 3,790 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)