|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flowers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A typical Westerner might see in the tea ceremony a certain ____________________________ that he would then equate to the entire culture of Japan and its people.
(a) Peace and acceptance.
(b) Quaintness and childishness.
(c) Strangeness and rigidity.
(d) Respect and quiet.
2. What is the place of honor?
(a) The "toyota."
(b) The "tutenkamun."
(c) The "tokoyoko."
(d) The "tokonoma."
3. Have Asians in turn developed the same for this culture?
(b) Not at first.
(d) At first.
4. How might the flower be memorialized?
(a) With a song.
(b) With a poem.
(c) With a monument.
(d) With a prayer.
5. Who has developed a whole host of bizarre and incorrect stereotypes for Asians?
(a) The North.
(b) The South.
(c) The West.
(d) The East.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the host appear?
2. Many tried to play the harp--could it be mastered?
3. The viewer is drawn to what about the artist?
4. It is said that a man named Kwanyin presented to his master Lao Tzu tea in what?
5. Okakura uses this tale to illustrate what?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)