|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Taoism and Zennism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tea began as what and only gradually grew into a beverage?
(a) A lotion.
(b) A poison.
(c) A drug.
(d) A medicine.
2. Many did not accept efforts of modernization. There are several _________________________ documented from this time period, and many more scholars and others who attempted to preserve the old culture resisted modernization.
3. Lu Wu, in this book, describes what aspects of tea?
4. What represents a harmonious synthesis of these personalities?
(a) The Tea Tale.
(b) The Tea Story.
(c) The Book of Tea.
(d) The Tale of Tea.
5. What did some claim about tea?
(a) It was expensive.
(b) It was dirty.
(c) It cured health problems.
(d) It caused health problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. He studied at an English-language university, and was fluent in what three languages?
2. What does Taoism say about right and wrong?
3. In 1890 the two split, perhaps due to what, and the fact that Okakura was outdoing his master?
4. Have Asians in turn developed the same for this culture?
5. Have Westerners embraced tea fully?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)