|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Schools of Tea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. 1898, Okakura resigned his official post in a state institution to found what?
(a) The East Asian School of Art.
(b) The Asian Art Institute.
(c) The Chinese Art School.
(d) The Japanese Art Institution.
2. As with vintage and concern with years with wine in Europe, different tea periods can tell us what about Japan?
(a) Its different eras.
(b) Its different technological advances.
(c) Its different interests.
(d) Its different soil types.
3. Many Japanese treated heirlooms and traditional art as what?
(a) Precious treasures.
(b) Little more than junk.
(c) Everyday items.
(d) Family jewels.
4. Tea was known in China since when?
(a) Four decades ago.
(b) Modern times.
(c) Several decades ago.
(d) Ancient times.
5. Who has developed a whole host of bizarre and incorrect stereotypes for Asians?
(a) The North.
(b) The West.
(c) The South.
(d) The East.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lu Wu insists that what kind of water is the best tea to brew with?
2. Many did not accept efforts of modernization. There are several _________________________ documented from this time period, and many more scholars and others who attempted to preserve the old culture resisted modernization.
3. What did some claim about tea?
4. What are these eras?
5. What is one of these sides?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)