|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cup of Humanity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was tea first brought to Europe?
(a) The late-1200s.
(b) The late-1300s.
(c) The late-1400s.
(d) The late-1500s.
2. What is another side?
(a) The sentimentalist.
(b) The knowing one.
(c) The self-assured.
(d) The friend.
3. What did some claim about tea?
(a) It caused health problems.
(b) It cured health problems.
(c) It was expensive.
(d) It was dirty.
4. Are stereotypes breaking down with modernization?
(a) Only slightly.
(d) Only at first.
5. Okakura was born in 1862 to whom?
(a) A professor.
(b) A silk merchant.
(c) A factory worker.
(d) A potter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of these sides?
2. A typical Westerner might see in the tea ceremony a certain ____________________________ that he would then equate to the entire culture of Japan and its people.
3. Is it appropriate for Westerners to learn tea's origins and how tea is used elsewhere?
4. America's own __________________ shows the power of tea.
5. Many Japanese treated heirlooms and traditional art as what?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)