|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cup of Humanity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Japanese under ______________________in the second half of the 19th century were pursuing efforts to modernize.
(a) Emperor Jimmu.
(b) Emperor Itoku.
(c) Emperor Meiji.
(d) Emperor Suizei.
2. Modernization came with a price, namely, the destruction of what?
(a) The power of the empire.
(b) The 'old' or traditional way of Japanese living.
(c) The health of the Japanese people.
(d) The welfare system in Japan.
3. Okakura used tea as a symbol for what in East Asia?
4. When was tea first brought to Europe?
(a) The late-1200s.
(b) The late-1500s.
(c) The late-1400s.
(d) The late-1300s.
5. He studied under a Harvard-educated American, Ernest Fenollosa, who was instrumental in _________________ Westernization in Japan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has developed a whole host of bizarre and incorrect stereotypes for Asians?
2. What has been beneficial to this "religion of aestheticism?"
3. Okakura went to America with many _____________________ to sell to Americans.
4. How did tea grew in popularity?
5. What did some claim about tea?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)