|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cup of Humanity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is something that Westerners have invested in in excess?
2. Modernization came with a price, namely, the destruction of what?
(a) The power of the empire.
(b) The welfare system in Japan.
(c) The 'old' or traditional way of Japanese living.
(d) The health of the Japanese people.
3. Did anyone oppose tea?
(a) Yes, some.
(c) Yes, many.
(d) Yes, all.
4. Mankind is well known for investing great care in __________ things.
5. The Japanese under ______________________in the second half of the 19th century were pursuing efforts to modernize.
(a) Emperor Suizei.
(b) Emperor Jimmu.
(c) Emperor Itoku.
(d) Emperor Meiji.
Short Answer Questions
1. What represents a harmonious synthesis of these personalities?
2. Why were they referred to in this way?
3. Beyond curating, he wrote several books, lectured extensively, and submitted articles to _______________ journals.
4. Would the state fund Okakura's school?
5. A typical Westerner might see in the tea ceremony a certain ____________________________ that he would then equate to the entire culture of Japan and its people.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)