|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cup of Humanity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of these sides?
(a) The great student.
(b) The great scholar.
(c) The great painter.
(d) The great artisan.
2. Have Westerners embraced tea fully?
(a) Yes, as a beverage and a social event.
(b) No, not fully.
(c) Yes, as a beverage.
(d) No, not at all.
3. Did anyone oppose tea?
(a) Yes, many.
(b) Yes, all.
(c) Yes, some.
4. In 1890 the two split, perhaps due to what, and the fact that Okakura was outdoing his master?
(a) Different life paths.
(b) Strong egos in both men.
(c) Differing beliefs.
5. Many Japanese treated heirlooms and traditional art as what?
(a) Precious treasures.
(b) Little more than junk.
(c) Everyday items.
(d) Family jewels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What represents a harmonious synthesis of these personalities?
2. Why were they referred to in this way?
3. What did some people call tea?
4. Who brought the tea to Europe?
5. Fenollosa left to curate what museum?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)