|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flowers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is something that Westerners have invested in in excess?
2. Many did not accept efforts of modernization. There are several _________________________ documented from this time period, and many more scholars and others who attempted to preserve the old culture resisted modernization.
3. With what is Taoism is mostly concerned?
(a) "Earthly change" and spiritual growth.
(b) "Cosmic change" and the infinite nature of the universe.
(c) "Personal change" and what takes place in the self.
(d) "Conformity of the group" and unity within a community.
4. Flowers selected in this manner are placed on what?
(a) The "toyota."
(b) The "tokonoma."
(c) The "tutenkamun."
(d) The "tokoyoko."
5. Lu Wu is associated with what era?
(a) The Steamed Tea.
(b) The Boiled Tea.
(c) The Burnt Tea.
(d) The Black Tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. The tea room not only contrasts Western architecture, it is quite different from what?
2. Tea requires who to bring out its "noblest qualities?"
3. Early tea rooms were connected to what?
4. Tea is ________.
5. What cannot be disputed is that, in his time, he was one of the greatest _____________ scholars, and his knowledge of this art was unparalleled.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)