|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flowers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are a massive amount of flowers used and then tossed out, with no appreciation or consideration for the sacrifice of the flower?
(a) In the West.
(b) In the South.
(c) In the North.
(d) In the East.
2. Okakura relates what Taoist tale?
(a) Taming of the Harp.
(b) The Harpist.
(c) Taming of the Shrew.
(d) The Musician.
3. For whom did tea became a favorite?
(a) Kings and Queens.
(b) Villagers and farmers.
(c) Emperors and their courts.
(d) Monks and priests.
4. The tea room is primarily derived in spirit from what?
(a) The Zen monastery.
(b) The Hindu monastery.
(c) The Catholic monastery.
(d) The Buddhist monastery.
5. Tea requires who to bring out its "noblest qualities?"
(a) A tea chef.
(b) A tea leader.
(c) A tea master.
(d) A tea artist.
Short Answer Questions
1. A typical Westerner might see in the tea ceremony a certain ____________________________ that he would then equate to the entire culture of Japan and its people.
2. How is the music described?
3. If something is ancient, is it art?
4. How does Okakura feel about modern art appreciation?
5. When asked how he mastered the harp, how did the harpist respond?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)