|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Schools of Tea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lu Wu prefer blue tea cups?
(a) So they could blend with the green of the tea.
(b) Because blue is the most expensive glaze.
(c) So they could contrast the best with the green color of the tea.
(d) Because blue is the color of the sea.
2. Modernization came with a price, namely, the destruction of what?
(a) The welfare system in Japan.
(b) The health of the Japanese people.
(c) The 'old' or traditional way of Japanese living.
(d) The power of the empire.
3. In 1890 the two split, perhaps due to what, and the fact that Okakura was outdoing his master?
(a) Different life paths.
(b) Differing beliefs.
(c) Strong egos in both men.
4. Have Asians in turn developed the same for this culture?
(a) At first.
(c) Not at first.
5. Who brought the tea to Europe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been beneficial to this "religion of aestheticism?"
2. What are these eras?
3. Would the state fund Okakura's school?
4. Who has developed a whole host of bizarre and incorrect stereotypes for Asians?
5. Did anyone oppose tea?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)