|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters have agreed to marry?
(a) Duncan and Jean.
(b) Lily and Gulliver.
(c) Tamar and Conrad.
(d) Rose and Gerard.
2. Who does the brotherhood believe killed Jenkin?
3. Who does Jenkin say gave him his plant?
4. Where does Crimond like to escort Jean to when he has finished his book?
(a) The television studios.
(b) The park.
(c) The university.
(d) The shops.
5. Which two characters visit Duncan?
(a) Crimond and Jenkin.
(b) Gerard and Jenkin.
(c) Rose and Jean.
(d) Lily and Tamar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tamar say she feels responsible for doing?
2. What does Crimond propose to Rose?
3. Who does Duncan accidentally shoot instead of Crimond?
4. What does Crimond tell Jean he does not want to have to explain?
5. What city does Gulliver decide to catch a train to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Duncan hear from Crimond?
2. Why are Duncan and Jean finding life together difficult?
3. How does Duncan react to Jenkin's death?
4. Why does Gulliver decide to leave Lily?
5. Why does Tamar decide to reconcile with her mother?
6. What do Gerard and Rose say about Crimond's book?
7. Why does Rose refuse to marry Crimond?
8. In what way is Jean and Duncan's marriage doomed?
9. What is Crimond's real reason for challenging Duncan to a game of Russian Roulette?
10. Why does Gerard vow to take care of Rose?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)