|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Crimond write a short note to?
2. What does Crimond tell Jean he wants instead of toast?
3. What does Jean feel about Duncan's affair with Tamar?
4. What problem do Rose and Gerard try to solve?
(a) Jenkin's death.
(b) Crimond's disappearance.
(c) Jean and Duncan's love.
(d) Tamar's abortion.
5. Who does Duncan go to meet in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What member of Lily's family does she say possessed a power over snails?
2. What does Gulliver think he has come to rely on Lily for?
3. What kind of poetry had Crimond been reading earlier to Jean?
4. What does Crimond propose to Rose?
5. Who does Duncan accidentally shoot instead of Crimond?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Jean hear about Duncan from Tamar?
2. What is Crimond's real reason for challenging Duncan to a game of Russian Roulette?
3. What do Gerard and Rose say about Crimond's book?
4. Why is Jean happy Duncan has been unfaithful to her?
5. Why have Jean and Duncan left for France?
6. In what way is Jean and Duncan's marriage doomed?
7. What have Duncan and Jean promised each other they will try to achieve?
8. What do Rose and Gerard think about past events?
9. How has Duncan's character changed?
10. Why are Duncan and Jean finding life together difficult?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)