|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the brotherhood believe killed Jenkin?
2. What does Gulliver do with the snail he finds in the trains?
(a) Eats it.
(b) Throws it out of the window.
(c) Put it in his pocket.
(d) Steps on it.
3. What religion has Tamar decided to take up?
4. Who does Duncan go to meet in this section?
5. What city do Jean and Duncan live in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are experiencing problems with their relationship?
2. What does Gulliver think he has come to rely on Lily for?
3. What is Jenkin drinking when Gerard arrives at his house?
4. Who visits Jean to talk about Duncan?
5. What does Duncan feel no remorse for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Duncan's character changed?
2. What do Rose and Gerard think about past events?
3. What does Crimond's treatment of Jean and his proposal to Rose say about his character?
4. How has Tamar's life taken a turn for the better since Gideon and Pat adopted her?
5. Why are Duncan and Jean finding life together difficult?
6. How does Jenkin die?
7. What does Lily confide in Rose about snails?
8. Why does Tamar decide to reconcile with her mother?
9. What do Rose and Gerard regret when they leave each other?
10. Why does Rose refuse to marry Crimond?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)