|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of poetry had Crimond been reading earlier to Jean?
(a) Latin poetry.
(b) French poetry.
(c) Greek poetry.
(d) American poetry.
2. Where does Gerard want go on holiday with Jenkin?
3. Who rescues Jean?
4. Who does Jenkin say thinks he is a fool?
5. What does Jean feel about Duncan's affair with Tamar?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean swerve into?
2. Which two characters have agreed to marry?
3. Who does Crimond write a short note to?
4. Why does Crimond want to break up with Jean?
5. What does Tamar resume in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Crimond's treatment of Jean and his proposal to Rose say about his character?
2. What have Duncan and Jean promised each other they will try to achieve?
3. What news does Duncan hear from Crimond?
4. How has Tamar's life taken a turn for the better since Gideon and Pat adopted her?
5. What news does Jean hear about Duncan from Tamar?
6. What do Rose and Gerard think about past events?
7. What are Jean and Duncan keeping from each other?
8. What is Crimond's real reason for challenging Duncan to a game of Russian Roulette?
9. Why does Gulliver decide to leave Lily?
10. How has Christianity helped Tamar?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)