|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jenkin say laughs at him?
2. Who is Jenkin thinking about while Tamar confesses her secret?
3. What kind of mistake does Crimond tell Jean he wants to avoid?
(a) A terrible mistake.
(b) A silly mistake.
(c) A nothing mistake.
(d) A bourgeis mistake.
4. What does Gulliver do with the snail he finds in the trains?
(a) Put it in his pocket.
(b) Steps on it.
(c) Eats it.
(d) Throws it out of the window.
5. Who does the brotherhood believe killed Jenkin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters have agreed to marry?
2. What does Gerard find under his train seat?
3. What does Crimond tell Jean there is no logic in fearing?
4. Why does Crimond want to break up with Jean?
5. What does Duncan feel no remorse for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Duncan's character changed?
2. What do Gerard and Rose say about Crimond's book?
3. What news does Duncan hear from Crimond?
4. Why does Rose refuse to marry Crimond?
5. What does Crimond's treatment of Jean and his proposal to Rose say about his character?
6. What is Crimond's real reason for challenging Duncan to a game of Russian Roulette?
7. What are Jean and Duncan keeping from each other?
8. In what way is Jean and Duncan's marriage doomed?
9. How does Duncan react to Jenkin's death?
10. How has Christianity helped Tamar?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)