|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From who does Duncan unexpectedly receive a letter?
2. What member of Lily's family does she say possessed a power over snails?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father,
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her grandfather.
3. What does Jean feel about Duncan's affair with Tamar?
4. What does Tamar begin to question in this section?
5. Where does Crimond like to escort Jean to when he has finished his book?
(a) The television studios.
(b) The shops.
(c) The university.
(d) The park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of game does Crimond propose him and Duncan play?
2. Who does Crimond tell Jean is his weakness?
3. Who does Crimond accuse Jean of loving?
4. What do Jean and Duncan promise to help each other work towards?
5. Which two characters have agreed to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Jean hear about Duncan from Tamar?
2. How has Christianity helped Tamar?
3. Why does Gulliver decide to leave Lily?
4. What news does Duncan hear from Crimond?
5. Why are Duncan and Jean finding life together difficult?
6. What does Crimond's treatment of Jean and his proposal to Rose say about his character?
7. How has Duncan's character changed?
8. How does Duncan react to Jenkin's death?
9. Why have Jean and Duncan left for France?
10. What do Gerard and Rose say about Crimond's book?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)