|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tamar invite for tea in this section?
(c) Father McAlister.
2. What does Crimond propose to Rose?
(a) A holiday.
(c) A job.
3. What does Tamar reveal to Jean?
(a) She wrote Crimond's book.
(b) She had an affair with Duncan.
(c) Duncan abused her.
(d) She had an affair with Crimond.
4. Who is typing up Crimond's book?
(a) A typing agency.
(c) A publisher.
5. What kind of poetry had Crimond been reading earlier to Jean?
(a) French poetry.
(b) Greek poetry.
(c) American poetry.
(d) Latin poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gulliver do with the snail he finds in the trains?
2. What does Tamar begin to question in this section?
3. Who does Jenkin say is upset about something?
4. What does Jean feel about Duncan's affair with Tamar?
5. What do Jean and Duncan promise to help each other work towards?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gerard vow to take care of Rose?
2. Why are Duncan and Jean finding life together difficult?
3. What are Jean and Duncan keeping from each other?
4. How has Tamar's life taken a turn for the better since Gideon and Pat adopted her?
5. What do Rose and Gerard regret when they leave each other?
6. What do Gerard and Rose say about Crimond's book?
7. Why does Tamar decide to reconcile with her mother?
8. How does Tamar confront her mother?
9. Why is Jean happy Duncan has been unfaithful to her?
10. Why does Rose refuse to marry Crimond?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)