|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only information Jean will give Rose?
(a) Crimond has finished his book.
(b) Her relationship with Crimond is finished.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) Her car id damaged.
2. What does Crimond tell Jean he does not want to have to explain?
(b) His life.
(c) His family.
(d) His book.
3. Whose house does Duncan agree to drive to to see Jean?
4. Who has Tamar's new found faith helped her to oppose?
5. Where has Gerard just left when he rings Jenkin at lunchtime?
(a) The Natural History Museum.
(b) The British museum.
(c) The Met Office.
(d) The National Gallery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Crimond accuse Jean of loving?
2. What kind of poetry had Crimond been reading earlier to Jean?
3. What member of Lily's family does she say possessed a power over snails?
4. What city do Jean and Duncan live in?
5. Who does the brotherhood believe killed Jenkin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Crimond's treatment of Jean and his proposal to Rose say about his character?
2. What news does Duncan hear from Crimond?
3. How does Duncan react to Jenkin's death?
4. How has Christianity helped Tamar?
5. Why does Gulliver decide to leave Lily?
6. What news does Jean hear about Duncan from Tamar?
7. What is Crimond's real reason for challenging Duncan to a game of Russian Roulette?
8. How does Jenkin die?
9. How has Duncan's character changed?
10. What do Rose and Gerard think about past events?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)