|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is typing up Crimond's book?
(a) A publisher.
(c) A typing agency.
2. Who are experiencing problems with their relationship?
(a) Gulliver and Lily.
(b) Crimond and Rose.
(c) Jean and Duncan.
(d) Gerard and Jenkin.
3. What country do Duncan and Jean move to?
4. What kind of poetry had Crimond been reading earlier to Jean?
(a) Greek poetry.
(b) Latin poetry.
(c) French poetry.
(d) American poetry.
5. What are the color of Crimond's eyes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tamar resume in this section?
2. What does Tamar reveal to Jean?
3. Who does Tamar confess her secret to?
4. Who does Jenkin say gave him his plant?
5. Who is Tamar attempting to reconcile with in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tamar confront her mother?
2. What does Lily confide in Rose about snails?
3. Why does Tamar decide to reconcile with her mother?
4. How does Jenkin die?
5. Why does Rose refuse to marry Crimond?
6. What news does Jean hear about Duncan from Tamar?
7. Why are Duncan and Jean finding life together difficult?
8. What does Crimond's treatment of Jean and his proposal to Rose say about his character?
9. How has Tamar's life taken a turn for the better since Gideon and Pat adopted her?
10. How has Duncan's character changed?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)