|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters have agreed to marry?
(a) Lily and Gulliver.
(b) Rose and Gerard.
(c) Duncan and Jean.
(d) Tamar and Conrad.
2. What does Gerard tell Rose he has decided to write?
(a) A novel.
(b) A film.
(c) A biography.
(d) A critique.
3. What are the color of Crimond's eyes?
4. Where does Crimond like to escort Jean to when he has finished his book?
(a) The shops.
(b) The university.
(c) The park.
(d) The television studios.
5. What does Duncan feel no remorse for?
(a) Tamar's abortion.
(b) His affair with Tamar.
(c) His wife's affair.
(d) Crimond's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily think snails have the ability to do?
2. Who visits Jean to talk about Duncan?
3. Which two characters have adopted Tamar?
4. What does Gerard find under his train seat?
5. Who does the brotherhood believe killed Jenkin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why have Jean and Duncan left for France?
2. What does Lily confide in Rose about snails?
3. How has Christianity helped Tamar?
4. Why are Duncan and Jean finding life together difficult?
5. Why is Jean happy Duncan has been unfaithful to her?
6. Why does Gerard vow to take care of Rose?
7. How does Tamar confront her mother?
8. What does Crimond's treatment of Jean and his proposal to Rose say about his character?
9. Why does Gulliver decide to leave Lily?
10. Why does Tamar decide to reconcile with her mother?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)