|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem do Rose and Gerard try to solve?
(a) Jean and Duncan's love.
(b) Tamar's abortion.
(c) Jenkin's death.
(d) Crimond's disappearance.
2. What kind of game does Crimond propose him and Duncan play?
(c) Russian Roulette.
(d) Strip Poker.
3. What religion has Tamar decided to take up?
4. Where does Crimond like to escort Jean to when he has finished his book?
(a) The television studios.
(b) The park.
(c) The university.
(d) The shops.
5. Which two characters visit Duncan?
(a) Crimond and Jenkin.
(b) Rose and Jean.
(c) Lily and Tamar.
(d) Gerard and Jenkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city do Jean and Duncan live in?
2. Who does Jenkin say gave him his plant?
3. What does Lily think snails have the ability to do?
4. What does Gulliver do with the snail he finds in the trains?
5. Who visits Jean to talk about Duncan?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Jean and Duncan's marriage doomed?
2. Why does Gulliver decide to leave Lily?
3. What are Jean and Duncan keeping from each other?
4. How has Tamar's life taken a turn for the better since Gideon and Pat adopted her?
5. How does Tamar confront her mother?
6. What have Duncan and Jean promised each other they will try to achieve?
7. Why does Tamar decide to reconcile with her mother?
8. What does Lily confide in Rose about snails?
9. Why are Duncan and Jean finding life together difficult?
10. How has Duncan's character changed?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)