|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gulliver do with the snail he finds in the trains?
(a) Put it in his pocket.
(b) Eats it.
(c) Throws it out of the window.
(d) Steps on it.
2. What city do Jean and Duncan live in?
3. Who does Tamar invite for tea in this section?
(a) Father McAlister.
4. Who is typing up Crimond's book?
(c) A typing agency.
(d) A publisher.
5. Which two characters have adopted Tamar?
(a) Lily and Gulliver.
(b) Gideon and Pat.
(c) Gerard and Rose.
(d) Duncan and Jean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of mistake does Crimond tell Jean he wants to avoid?
2. Who does Duncan think should take responsibility of Jenkin's death?
3. What do Jean and Duncan promise to help each other work towards?
4. Who does Tamar confess her secret to?
5. From who does Duncan unexpectedly receive a letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Duncan hear from Crimond?
2. What news does Jean hear about Duncan from Tamar?
3. What do Rose and Gerard regret when they leave each other?
4. In what way is Jean and Duncan's marriage doomed?
5. How does Duncan react to Jenkin's death?
6. How does Jenkin die?
7. What does Crimond's treatment of Jean and his proposal to Rose say about his character?
8. Why are Duncan and Jean finding life together difficult?
9. Why is Jean happy Duncan has been unfaithful to her?
10. Why does Tamar decide to reconcile with her mother?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)