|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tamar confess her secret to?
2. Which two characters visit Duncan?
(a) Rose and Jean.
(b) Crimond and Jenkin.
(c) Gerard and Jenkin.
(d) Lily and Tamar.
3. What does Crimond tell Jean he does not want to be a slave of?
4. What kind of game does Crimond propose him and Duncan play?
(a) Russian Roulette.
(b) Strip Poker.
5. What newspaper is Gerard reading in the park?
(a) The Independent.
(b) The Times.
(c) The Sun.
(d) The Guardian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Crimond want to break up with Jean?
2. What does Duncan feel no remorse for?
3. What kind of poetry had Crimond been reading earlier to Jean?
4. What does Gerard tells Rose has impressed him?
5. Who has helped Tamar find God?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gerard vow to take care of Rose?
2. Why does Gulliver decide to leave Lily?
3. What do Gerard and Rose say about Crimond's book?
4. In what way is Jean and Duncan's marriage doomed?
5. Why does Tamar decide to reconcile with her mother?
6. How has Christianity helped Tamar?
7. What does Crimond's treatment of Jean and his proposal to Rose say about his character?
8. What do Rose and Gerard think about past events?
9. How has Tamar's life taken a turn for the better since Gideon and Pat adopted her?
10. Why is Jean happy Duncan has been unfaithful to her?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)