|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Crimond say Tamar came as?
(a) A spy.
(b) A traitor.
(c) A lover.
(d) A trap.
2. Which character has Tamar fallen in love with?
3. What kind of company did Gulliver work for for four weeks?
(a) A printer.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A fashion designer.
4. Who does Crimond think sent Tamar?
5. What does Violet say Oxford University is turning her daughter into?
(a) A prig.
(b) A whore.
(c) A pervert.
(d) A snob.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say Jenkin could be better described as?
2. What does Rose say Crimond wants to destroy?
3. What kind of world does Jean accuse Rose of living in?
4. Where does Jean's father live?
5. What faith is Jean's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impassioned spech does Jean give about her and Crimond's relationship?
2. What happens at Lily's house when first Tamar and then Gulliver visits her?
3. Why are the group worried about Jean?
4. Why does Tamar finally agree to give up her studies?
5. How do Jenkin and Gerard plan to persuade Jean to return to Duncan?
6. What reason does Crimond give for alienating his Oxford friends?
7. Why do the group decide to support Crimond?
8. What does Crimond want to do now he has completed his book?
9. How does Rose help Jean when she arrives at her house injured?
10. What does Gerard and Crimond discuss during their meeting about Crimond's book?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)