|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean say Tamar's shoes look like?
2. Like what does the author say the moon is crumbly?
3. What does Jean say Tamar's mother wants to do to her?
(a) Marry her off.
(b) Support her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Isolate her.
4. What has Tamar's cashmere shawl been used to clean up?
(b) Red wine.
(c) Cigarette ash.
5. What is Crimond writing about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What drink does Jean offer Rose?
2. What does Gulliver think Tamar lacks?
3. Where does Jean's father live?
4. What does Jenkin see Gerard as?
5. Who is the first speaker at the ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Duncan and Jean reconcile?
2. Why are the group worried about Jean?
3. What impassioned spech does Jean give about her and Crimond's relationship?
4. What do the Gesellschaft group decide when they meet to discuss Crimond and his book?
5. What reason does Crimond give for alienating his Oxford friends?
6. What is the matter with Tamar at the reading party?
7. What happens at Lily's house when first Tamar and then Gulliver visits her?
8. What does Crimond want to do now he has completed his book?
9. What does Tamar confess to Jenkin?
10. How do Tamar and Duncan end up sleeping together?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)