|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city do Jean and Duncan live in?
2. Who does Rose meet at the Boyars?
3. Which two characters have agreed to marry?
(a) Rose and Gerard.
(b) Lily and Gulliver.
(c) Tamar and Conrad.
(d) Duncan and Jean.
4. Who is typing up Crimond's book?
(a) A publisher.
(b) A typing agency.
5. Who does Jenkin say has never liked him?
6. Who does Crimond write a short note to?
7. What does Crimond propose to Rose?
(b) A job.
(c) A holiday.
8. What does Jean feel about Duncan's affair with Tamar?
9. Who does Duncan think should take responsibility of Jenkin's death?
10. What does Gerard find under his train seat?
(a) A slug.
(b) A snail.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A book.
11. What creature does Lily tell Rose she believes is magical?
12. What are the color of Crimond's eyes?
13. What religion has Tamar decided to take up?
14. Whose house does Duncan agree to drive to to see Jean?
15. From who does Duncan unexpectedly receive a letter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tamar resume in this section?
2. What does Tamar say she feels responsible for doing?
3. What does Jean swerve into?
4. Which two characters visit Duncan?
5. Who does Crimond accuse Jean of loving?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)