|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What member of Lily's family does she say possessed a power over snails?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father,
(d) Her grandfather.
2. What does Tamar say she feels responsible for doing?
(a) Ruining Crimond's concentration.
(b) Losing Gerard his job.
(c) Undermining her mother's confidence.
(d) Destroying Duncan's marriage.
3. Who rescues Jean?
4. From who does Duncan unexpectedly receive a letter?
5. What does Tamar resume in this section?
(a) Her job.
(b) Her relationship with Conrad.
(c) Her relationship with her father.
(d) Her studies.
6. What do Jean and Duncan promise to help each other work towards?
7. What is the only information Jean will give Rose?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) Her car id damaged.
(c) Her relationship with Crimond is finished.
(d) Crimond has finished his book.
8. Who does Duncan accidentally shoot instead of Crimond?
9. Whose sister recognizes Gerard in the park?
(a) Clyde Regent's.
(b) Peter Manson's.
(c) David Crimond's.
(d) Gordon Smith's.
10. Who does Tamar confess her secret to?
11. Who does Jenkin say gave him his plant?
12. Who does Jenkin say thinks he is a fool?
13. What does Crimond tell Jean there is no logic in fearing?
(a) Each other.
14. Who does Crimond write a short note to?
15. What does Crimond tell Jean he wants instead of toast?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Crimond used to put over his knee when he wrote?
2. What does Lily think snails have the ability to do?
3. Who does Duncan go to meet in this section?
4. What kind of poetry had Crimond been reading earlier to Jean?
5. Who are experiencing problems with their relationship?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)