|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rose say skates very well?
2. Why does Gulliver detest Crimond?
(a) He never gave him back a loan.
(b) He told him his poetry was awful.
(c) He ruined his father.
(d) He snubbed him at a meeting.
3. What is the one thing Jean says her and Crimond rarely discuss?
(a) Crimond's past.
(b) Crimond's problems.
(c) Crimond's book.
(d) Crimond's feelings.
4. What does Jean say Tamar's mother wants to do to her?
(a) Isolate her.
(b) Support her.
(c) Marry her off.
(d) Kill her.
5. Who was Violet trying to get away from when she left school at 16?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her step father.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her sisters.
6. What material is Tamar's shawl made from?
7. What is Gideon's occupation?
(b) Art dealer.
8. Who is the college orchestra playing?
9. What does Jenkin see Gerard as?
(a) A younger brother.
(b) A lover.
(c) An older brother.
(d) A father figure.
10. What kind of animal does Rose hear bark in the night?
(a) A cougar.
(b) A dog.
(c) A fox.
(d) A wolf.
11. What kind of democracy does Crimond say they have at the moment?
12. What kind of business does Gerard find Tamar a job in?
(a) A cobblers.
(b) A map makers.
(c) A printers.
(d) A publishers.
13. What does Violet say Oxford University is turning her daughter into?
(a) A snob.
(b) A whore.
(c) A prig.
(d) A pervert.
14. How does the author describe the color of Gulliver's eyes?
(a) Glade green.
(b) Golden brown.
(c) River blue.
(d) Hell red.
15. Like what does the author say the moon is crumbly?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean say Tamar's shoes look like?
2. What did Gulliver study at university?
3. What kind of system does Gerard tell Crimond can change itself?
4. Who does Rose want to ask her to dance?
5. What drink does Jean offer Rose?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)