|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Gideon spend most of his time in?
(c) New York.
2. What kind of books does Rose say Gerard recommends?
(a) Biographical books.
(b) History books.
(c) Mass market books.
(d) Political books.
3. What kind of course did Violet do to get a better job?
(a) A speaking course.
(b) A writing course.
(c) A computer course.
(d) A typing course.
4. Which character makes Tamar feel ill at ease?
5. Who does Crimond think sent Tamar?
6. What is Gideon's occupation?
(a) Art dealer.
7. What does Rose think Violet looks like when she puts on her glasses?
(a) A librarian.
(b) A matron.
(c) An office woman.
(d) A doctor.
8. What does Jean tell Tamar she must learn to do?
9. What does Gull say Utopian Marxism leads to?
(b) Economic meltdown.
10. What part of London does Jenkin live in?
(a) Kensington Gardens.
(c) Notting Hill.
(d) Shepherd's Bush.
11. What do the brotherhood think Crimond's book excuses?
12. What did Jean study at university?
13. Like what does the author say the moon is crumbly?
14. What kind of marriages does Jean's father disapprove of?
(a) Arranged marriages.
(b) Mixed marriages.
(c) Open marriages.
(d) Broken marriages.
15. What did Gulliver study at university?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose say Jean once stood on her head in?
2. Who found Tamar a job?
3. What faith is Jean's father?
4. What does Rose say Crimond wants to destroy?
5. What is the name of the doctor in Rose's village?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)