|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean say she is living upon while she is with Crimond?
2. What is the one thing Jean says her and Crimond rarely discuss?
(a) Crimond's feelings.
(b) Crimond's past.
(c) Crimond's book.
(d) Crimond's problems.
3. What does Rose say Jean once stood on her head in?
(a) A truck.
(b) A car.
(c) A punt.
(d) A raft.
4. How does the author describe the color of Gulliver's eyes?
(a) River blue.
(b) Golden brown.
(c) Hell red.
(d) Glade green.
5. Who does Jean promise Crimond she won't see again?
6. What does Crimond want Jean to study?
(b) A science.
(d) A language.
7. What country does Jean want to live in with Crimond?
(c) South Africa.
8. What does Gulliver say is appealing about Rose Curtland?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her waist.
(c) Her legs.
(d) Her nose.
9. What does Rose fear Lily regards her as?
10. What does Crimond say Tamar came as?
(a) A trap.
(b) A traitor.
(c) A lover.
(d) A spy.
11. What does Rose say Crimond wants to destroy?
12. What kind of world does Jean accuse Rose of living in?
(a) One that is random.
(b) One that is dependable.
(c) One that is dreary.
(d) One that is dangerous.
13. What does the author say Jean's hair glows like when she enters the room?
(a) An exotic bird.
(b) A lion's mane.
(c) A hollywood star.
(d) South African diamond.
14. What world does Jean say she lives in with Crimond?
(a) The real world.
(b) Her world.
(c) The dream world.
(d) The fun world.
15. What drink does Jean offer Rose?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the doctor in Rose's village?
2. Who was Violet trying to get away from when she left school at 16?
3. Who is the college orchestra playing?
4. What subject does Jenkin teach?
5. What is Crimond writing about?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)