|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 (through page 216).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gulliver study at university?
2. What had Tamar's father been addicted to?
3. What does Violet suggest Tamar attends instead of Oxford University?
(a) Evening classes.
(b) Day release college.
(c) Open university.
(d) Cambridge University.
4. What does Gulliver think Tamar lacks?
(c) A smile.
5. Why does Tamar not want Jean to see her mother?
(a) Her mother would be angry at her.
(b) Her mother would fly into a rage.
(c) Her mother is against Jean.
(d) Her mother is angry at the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose say Jean once stood on her head in?
2. What does Violet say Oxford University is turning her daughter into?
3. Which two leaders does Gulliver describe as wicked?
4. What country is Conrad from?
5. What kind of school did Jean's father send her to?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)