|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Johanna's opinion, what must all Christians do?
2. What is Johanna's father concerned about at the beginning of Chapter 10?
3. Name one presence of the occult in our everyday lives?
4. How does the author feel that modern day Christian preachers and theologians treat life and teaching?
5. Why has Hermanito chosen Pachita?
Essay Topic 1
1. What is the definition of occult and occult-like activities? How does this definition support or differ from Johanna's views?
2. Describe activities that you enjoy that Johanna would consider to be a part of the occult.
3. Defend your activities and explain why they are not related to the occult.
4. How would Johanna counter your explanation?
Essay Topic 2
The struggle between God and Satan are two major parts of Christianity and the focus of the book.
1. How does the author characterize Satan?
2. How is God characterized?
3. Explain how God and Satan are balancing forces at work throughout the universe everyday.
Essay Topic 3
A theme of deception and disguise has a very powerful presence throughout the book. Choose two of the characters below and describe how they successfully or unsuccessfully mask their true selves.
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)