|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johanna think that the operations are?
2. Why is the very last section called "The Means of Freedom?"
3. How does the author feel that modern day Christian preachers and theologians treat life and teaching?
4. What is Johanna's ultimate purpose that will be revealed later in the novel?
5. Who dies in the section, Exodus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What must all people study according to Johanna?
2. Is Johanna the only person who believes there is evil lurking in Hermanito's work?
3. What happens to many Christian and community leaders?
4. What does Johanna see in Hermanito's eyes in the section entitled "The Beautiful Side of Evil?"
5. While with the Mind Control group, what does Johanna think that Hermanito's surgeries are?
6. According to Johanna, why is it so easy for many people to be misled by occultism.
7. How does the tone shift in this section of the novel?
8. What makes Pachita's healing amazing to the people that witness them?
9. What are demons particularly happy to offer to humans?
10. Who suggests that Johanna go abroad to take time for herself? What does she find on her travels?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. What is the definition of occult and occult-like activities? How does this definition support or differ from Johanna's views?
2. Describe activities that you enjoy that Johanna would consider to be a part of the occult.
3. Defend your activities and explain why they are not related to the occult.
4. How would Johanna counter your explanation?
Essay Topic 2
It seems as though it is very difficult for Johanna to become close to men. Finally, after meeting her husband, she finds peace in a relationship. Describe her relationships with the following men below:
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Pachita and Hermanito. How do the two entities share one body?
Do they seem to get along with one another?
How are the two entities like minded but also confused about their existence within one another?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)