|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Johanna's tone change in the last section of the book?
2. What is Johanna's ultimate purpose that will be revealed later in the novel?
3. What has happened in the first 14 chapters?
4. What is Johanna attempting to profess knowledge of?
5. Where does the story pick back up in Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Compare the author's birth parents to Os Guinness and Shelia Bird.
2. How do the two couples impact Johanna's life?
3. How does accepting Os and Shelia into her life, forever change Johanna's relationship with her parents?
Essay Topic 2
There are extremely distinct style and tone shifts throughout Johanna's narrative.
1. State the four different styles that Johanna shifts between.
2. What sections have which tones associated with them?
3. How does Johanna weave her tale but also concisely change the tone of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
1. Explain the Mind Control program.
2. Who runs the program and what characters are vital to the organizations?
3. Discuss the dual nature of the name "Mind Control."
4. Does the name of the group lead the reader to assume they have other interests than helping humanity?
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)