|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the author feel she really commits herself to Jesus?
2. What is propaganda?
3. What does the author list in "The Means of Freedom?"
4. Are many of the author's points absolute?
5. While clearing her life of the occult, what does Johanna also clear her life of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does arguing with the author seem useless?
2. What does the author believe is a sign of the End of Times?
3. Why is the title of the section, "Exodus," symbolic?
4. What does Johanna see in Hermanito's eyes in the section entitled "The Beautiful Side of Evil?"
5. As the book closes, what does the author ultimately claim to know?
6. As Johanna opens herself into learning more about Christianity, who does she distance herself from?
7. Is Johanna the only person who believes there is evil lurking in Hermanito's work?
8. Upon returning to the United States, what groups does Johanna begin to join?
9. How is this chapter different from the rest of the book?
10. How did Pachita and Hermanito first come together into their practice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Good versus evil has been the subject of many books throughout history. Find a book that considers this subject and compare it to Johanna's arguments. Does the author present his arguments differently than Johanna or similarly?
Essay Topic 2
Johanna attempts to establish Hermanito as an evil, angered, and manipulative entity. How does Hermanito manipulate the following people below?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, the author uses various tones to discuss her spiritual journey. Choose two different sections of the book and analyze the tone. How does the author's voice change between the two sections?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)