|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who convinces Johanna to travel to Europe?
2. What is Johanna finally confronted with during book?
3. What does she feel her parents do not support her in?
4. In Johanna's opinion, what must all Christians do?
5. According to the author, what do members of the Pentecostal or Evangelical churches really experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. What other advice does the author offer to people who are lost and seeking God?
2. What triggers Johanna into her feeling of uncertainty about the Mind Control group?
3. What happens to many Christian and community leaders?
4. According to Johanna, why is it so easy for many people to be misled by occultism.
5. How did Pachita and Hermanito first come together into their practice?
6. Upon returning to the United States, what groups does Johanna begin to join?
7. How does the tone shift in this section of the novel?
8. Why does arguing with the author seem useless?
9. How should believers test their community leaders and religious leaders?
10. As Johanna continues to work with Pachita, who does Johanna feel she is having difficulty connecting with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Pachita and Hermanito. How do the two entities share one body?
Do they seem to get along with one another?
How are the two entities like minded but also confused about their existence within one another?
Essay Topic 2
1. Explain the Mind Control program.
2. Who runs the program and what characters are vital to the organizations?
3. Discuss the dual nature of the name "Mind Control."
4. Does the name of the group lead the reader to assume they have other interests than helping humanity?
Essay Topic 3
It seems as though it is very difficult for Johanna to become close to men. Finally, after meeting her husband, she finds peace in a relationship. Describe her relationships with the following men below:
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)