|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened in the first 14 chapters?
2. Who does the author meet after joining a couple of organizations?
3. When does the author feel she really commits herself to Jesus?
4. Has Hermanito ever failed during a surgery?
5. Who dies in the section, Exodus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to many Christian and community leaders?
2. How does Johanna determine that her old beliefs are incorrect?
3. What must all people study according to Johanna?
4. How is this chapter different from the rest of the book?
5. How did Pachita and Hermanito first come together into their practice?
6. As the chapter "Signs and Wonders" begins, what worries Johanna's father?
7. What does Johanna see in Hermanito's eyes in the section entitled "The Beautiful Side of Evil?"
8. Why does arguing with the author seem useless?
9. Is Johanna the only person who believes there is evil lurking in Hermanito's work?
10. What triggers Johanna into her feeling of uncertainty about the Mind Control group?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ultimately, Johanna comes to believe that the theater is related to occult-like behavior.
1. How do Johanna's personal experiences in theaters, cause her to draw this conclusion?
2. Describe two specific events that Johanna has in theaters.
3. Who else from the book would agree with Johanna's assertions?
Essay Topic 2
1. Compare the author's birth parents to Os Guinness and Shelia Bird.
2. How do the two couples impact Johanna's life?
3. How does accepting Os and Shelia into her life, forever change Johanna's relationship with her parents?
Essay Topic 3
Good versus evil has been the subject of many books throughout history. Find a book that considers this subject and compare it to Johanna's arguments. Does the author present his arguments differently than Johanna or similarly?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)