|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johanna's writing lack in this last section?
2. What is the title Exodus reminiscent of?
3. What is Johanna finally confronted with during book?
4. Was was the author's childhood friend's name?
5. What is the 3rd test in confirming whether or not someone is an occultist?
Short Essay Questions
1. How should believers test their community leaders and religious leaders?
2. How is this chapter different from the rest of the book?
3. As Johanna opens herself into learning more about Christianity, who does she distance herself from?
4. How does the tone shift in this section of the novel?
5. What important character is Johanna introduced to after she joins the Light and Power House?
6. Who suggests that Johanna go abroad to take time for herself? What does she find on her travels?
7. How can the inner witness be infallible?
8. How does Johanna determine that her old beliefs are incorrect?
9. Is Johanna the only person who believes there is evil lurking in Hermanito's work?
10. What makes Pachita's healing amazing to the people that witness them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Compare the author's birth parents to Os Guinness and Shelia Bird.
2. How do the two couples impact Johanna's life?
3. How does accepting Os and Shelia into her life, forever change Johanna's relationship with her parents?
Essay Topic 2
Ultimately, Johanna comes to believe that the theater is related to occult-like behavior.
1. How do Johanna's personal experiences in theaters, cause her to draw this conclusion?
2. Describe two specific events that Johanna has in theaters.
3. Who else from the book would agree with Johanna's assertions?
Essay Topic 3
Johanna attempts to establish Hermanito as an evil, angered, and manipulative entity. How does Hermanito manipulate the following people below?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)