|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author beg of the reader?
2. During her travels abroad, what does Johanna frequently experience?
3. Why has Hermanito chosen Pachita?
4. At first, how does Johanna think that Hermanito's surgeries can help others?
5. What Christian organizations does she join?
Short Essay Questions
1. What important character is Johanna introduced to after she joins the Light and Power House?
2. Why is the title of the section, "Exodus," symbolic?
3. Upon returning to the United States, what groups does Johanna begin to join?
4. How does Johanna determine that her old beliefs are incorrect?
5. What is the "inner witness" that the author present to the reader?
6. How can the inner witness be infallible?
7. As Johanna opens herself into learning more about Christianity, who does she distance herself from?
8. As the book closes, what does the author ultimately claim to know?
9. What triggers Johanna into her feeling of uncertainty about the Mind Control group?
10. What does the author believe is a sign of the End of Times?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Johanna attempts to establish Hermanito as an evil, angered, and manipulative entity. How does Hermanito manipulate the following people below?
Essay Topic 2
There are extremely distinct style and tone shifts throughout Johanna's narrative.
1. State the four different styles that Johanna shifts between.
2. What sections have which tones associated with them?
3. How does Johanna weave her tale but also concisely change the tone of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Johanna attempts to present herself as a true prophet by giving the reader several ways in which he can rid himself from occult-like practices.
1. List the suggested methods.
2. Do you believe their is validity in this method?
3. By giving the reader these guidelines, what is Johanna professing knowledge of?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)