|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hermanito breaks down in tears, what does he call himself?
2. Who does the author meet after joining a couple of organizations?
3. Where does the manifestation of God's power really come from?
4. How does Johanna test her new beliefs?
5. Name one more presence of the occult in everyday lives.
Short Essay Questions
1. How can the inner witness be infallible?
2. How does Johanna determine that her old beliefs are incorrect?
3. As the book closes, what does the author ultimately claim to know?
4. According to Johanna, why is it so easy for many people to be misled by occultism.
5. While operating on Johanna's friend, David, what happens to Hermanito?
6. What does the author believe is a sign of the End of Times?
7. What are demons particularly happy to offer to humans?
8. How did Pachita and Hermanito first come together into their practice?
9. As the chapter "Signs and Wonders" begins, what worries Johanna's father?
10. What must all people study according to Johanna?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Examine the author's sister, Kim. How does the character change throughout the novel?
2. What prompts her to be judgmental of Johanna?
3. Later on, how does she change?
Essay Topic 2
1. Explain the Mind Control program.
2. Who runs the program and what characters are vital to the organizations?
3. Discuss the dual nature of the name "Mind Control."
4. Does the name of the group lead the reader to assume they have other interests than helping humanity?
Essay Topic 3
1. In order to become closer to God, Johanna believes she must give up many things. Name some of the things that Johanna gives up.
2. Why does she think it is essential for her to give up things she enjoys. In her mind, how does it make her closer to God?
3. Do you agree with Johanna's new beliefs? Why or Why not?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)