|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes the antagonist for the book?
2. How does Satan disguise himself?
3. What does Johanna's test prove?
4. How has the Bible been manipulated by human hands?
5. What does Johanna's writing lack in this last section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is this chapter different from the rest of the book?
2. How does the tone shift in this section of the novel?
3. What must all people study according to Johanna?
4. What triggers Johanna into her feeling of uncertainty about the Mind Control group?
5. As Johanna opens herself into learning more about Christianity, who does she distance herself from?
6. Is Johanna the only person who believes there is evil lurking in Hermanito's work?
7. While operating on Johanna's friend, David, what happens to Hermanito?
8. Why is the title of the section, "Exodus," symbolic?
9. How did Pachita and Hermanito first come together into their practice?
10. What does the author believe is a sign of the End of Times?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Pachita and Hermanito. How do the two entities share one body?
Do they seem to get along with one another?
How are the two entities like minded but also confused about their existence within one another?
Essay Topic 2
1. Compare the author's birth parents to Os Guinness and Shelia Bird.
2. How do the two couples impact Johanna's life?
3. How does accepting Os and Shelia into her life, forever change Johanna's relationship with her parents?
Essay Topic 3
The author presents herself to the reader in two different ways.
1. In the first half of her book, what role does Johanna seem to play? How does she identify herself in this role?
2. Now, answer the same questions for the second half of the book.
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)