|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author meet after joining a couple of organizations?
2. What does the author believe to be the absolute word of God?
3. As the chapter ends, what is Johanna richer with?
4. While clearing her life of the occult, what does Johanna also clear her life of?
5. What does Johanna reveal herself to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are demons particularly happy to offer to humans?
2. As Johanna opens herself into learning more about Christianity, who does she distance herself from?
3. Is Johanna the only person who believes there is evil lurking in Hermanito's work?
4. What other advice does the author offer to people who are lost and seeking God?
5. How should believers test their community leaders and religious leaders?
6. How does Johanna determine that her old beliefs are incorrect?
7. Who suggests that Johanna go abroad to take time for herself? What does she find on her travels?
8. As the chapter "Signs and Wonders" begins, what worries Johanna's father?
9. What is the "inner witness" that the author present to the reader?
10. How is this chapter different from the rest of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Johanna attempts to present herself as a true prophet by giving the reader several ways in which he can rid himself from occult-like practices.
1. List the suggested methods.
2. Do you believe their is validity in this method?
3. By giving the reader these guidelines, what is Johanna professing knowledge of?
Essay Topic 2
Good versus evil has been the subject of many books throughout history. Find a book that considers this subject and compare it to Johanna's arguments. Does the author present his arguments differently than Johanna or similarly?
Essay Topic 3
1. In order to become closer to God, Johanna believes she must give up many things. Name some of the things that Johanna gives up.
2. Why does she think it is essential for her to give up things she enjoys. In her mind, how does it make her closer to God?
3. Do you agree with Johanna's new beliefs? Why or Why not?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)