|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of the chapter, what is she solely focusing on?
2. What is the title Exodus reminiscent of?
3. What is the eternal question we are asked as the book closes?
4. What is the first step to freeing one's self from the occult?
5. What important part of the plot happens during this section of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Johanna continues to work with Pachita, who does Johanna feel she is having difficulty connecting with?
2. What must all people study according to Johanna?
3. How is this chapter different from the rest of the book?
4. What is the "inner witness" that the author present to the reader?
5. What makes Pachita's healing amazing to the people that witness them?
6. How did Pachita and Hermanito first come together into their practice?
7. Is Johanna the only person who believes there is evil lurking in Hermanito's work?
8. Why is the title of the section, "Exodus," symbolic?
9. What does Johanna see in Hermanito's eyes in the section entitled "The Beautiful Side of Evil?"
10. What important character is Johanna introduced to after she joins the Light and Power House?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Johanna attempts to establish Hermanito as an evil, angered, and manipulative entity. How does Hermanito manipulate the following people below?
Essay Topic 2
Good versus evil has been the subject of many books throughout history. Find a book that considers this subject and compare it to Johanna's arguments. Does the author present his arguments differently than Johanna or similarly?
Essay Topic 3
Johanna attempts to present herself as a true prophet by giving the reader several ways in which he can rid himself from occult-like practices.
1. List the suggested methods.
2. Do you believe their is validity in this method?
3. By giving the reader these guidelines, what is Johanna professing knowledge of?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)