|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important part of the plot happens during this section of the book?
2. What does she feel her parents do not support her in?
3. What is the title Exodus reminiscent of?
4. Name one presence of the occult in our everyday lives?
5. What is Johanna attempting to profess knowledge of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Johanna the only person who believes there is evil lurking in Hermanito's work?
2. What does Johanna see in Hermanito's eyes in the section entitled "The Beautiful Side of Evil?"
3. As the book closes, what does the author ultimately claim to know?
4. What is the "inner witness" that the author present to the reader?
5. While with the Mind Control group, what does Johanna think that Hermanito's surgeries are?
6. How can the inner witness be infallible?
7. How does Johanna determine that her old beliefs are incorrect?
8. As Johanna continues to work with Pachita, who does Johanna feel she is having difficulty connecting with?
9. How should believers test their community leaders and religious leaders?
10. As Johanna opens herself into learning more about Christianity, who does she distance herself from?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author presents herself to the reader in two different ways.
1. In the first half of her book, what role does Johanna seem to play? How does she identify herself in this role?
2. Now, answer the same questions for the second half of the book.
Essay Topic 2
1. Examine the author's sister, Kim. How does the character change throughout the novel?
2. What prompts her to be judgmental of Johanna?
3. Later on, how does she change?
Essay Topic 3
It seems as though it is very difficult for Johanna to become close to men. Finally, after meeting her husband, she finds peace in a relationship. Describe her relationships with the following men below:
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)