|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has the Bible been manipulated by human hands?
2. What do demons disguise their power as?
3. How close should we be to our inner witness?
4. At the end of the book, what has the author abandoned?
5. Why is the very last section called "The Means of Freedom?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Who suggests that Johanna go abroad to take time for herself? What does she find on her travels?
2. What important character is Johanna introduced to after she joins the Light and Power House?
3. As Johanna opens herself into learning more about Christianity, who does she distance herself from?
4. How did Pachita and Hermanito first come together into their practice?
5. While with the Mind Control group, what does Johanna think that Hermanito's surgeries are?
6. What does Johanna see in Hermanito's eyes in the section entitled "The Beautiful Side of Evil?"
7. What must all people study according to Johanna?
8. Why does arguing with the author seem useless?
9. What triggers Johanna into her feeling of uncertainty about the Mind Control group?
10. Is Johanna the only person who believes there is evil lurking in Hermanito's work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Compare the author's birth parents to Os Guinness and Shelia Bird.
2. How do the two couples impact Johanna's life?
3. How does accepting Os and Shelia into her life, forever change Johanna's relationship with her parents?
Essay Topic 2
In her travels, apprenticeship and studies, Johanna encounters many individuals who believe that their abilities and psychic abilities are good for humanity.
1. Because Johanna now believes that most of these powers were given by Satan, does she hold the unlikely physic or healer at fault?
2. Is it hypocritical for her to hold these individuals accountable?
3. Does Johanna try to confront her old friends with the truth she believes she now possesses?
Essay Topic 3
A theme of deception and disguise has a very powerful presence throughout the book. Choose two of the characters below and describe how they successfully or unsuccessfully mask their true selves.
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)