|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johanna think that the operations are?
2. What has Johanna removed from her life as New Foundation ends?
3. How does Satan disguise himself?
4. What of the author's shift in this section?
5. What is the second step to freeing one's self from the occult?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who suggests that Johanna go abroad to take time for herself? What does she find on her travels?
2. What does Johanna see in Hermanito's eyes in the section entitled "The Beautiful Side of Evil?"
3. As the book closes, what does the author ultimately claim to know?
4. What makes Pachita's healing amazing to the people that witness them?
5. While with the Mind Control group, what does Johanna think that Hermanito's surgeries are?
6. What other advice does the author offer to people who are lost and seeking God?
7. How should believers test their community leaders and religious leaders?
8. According to Johanna, why is it so easy for many people to be misled by occultism.
9. How does Johanna determine that her old beliefs are incorrect?
10. As the chapter "Signs and Wonders" begins, what worries Johanna's father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Pachita and Hermanito. How do the two entities share one body?
Do they seem to get along with one another?
How are the two entities like minded but also confused about their existence within one another?
Essay Topic 2
There are extremely distinct style and tone shifts throughout Johanna's narrative.
1. State the four different styles that Johanna shifts between.
2. What sections have which tones associated with them?
3. How does Johanna weave her tale but also concisely change the tone of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
It seems as though it is very difficult for Johanna to become close to men. Finally, after meeting her husband, she finds peace in a relationship. Describe her relationships with the following men below:
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)