|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the author unable to connect with?
2. In Johanna's opinion, what must all Christians do?
3. Where does the manifestation of God's power really come from?
4. What important part of the plot happens during this section of the book?
5. Where does Kim suggest Johanna go visit while on her journey through Europe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How should believers test their community leaders and religious leaders?
2. What does Johanna see in Hermanito's eyes in the section entitled "The Beautiful Side of Evil?"
3. How is this chapter different from the rest of the book?
4. Is Johanna the only person who believes there is evil lurking in Hermanito's work?
5. What must all people study according to Johanna?
6. As the chapter "Signs and Wonders" begins, what worries Johanna's father?
7. What makes Pachita's healing amazing to the people that witness them?
8. What triggers Johanna into her feeling of uncertainty about the Mind Control group?
9. As Johanna continues to work with Pachita, who does Johanna feel she is having difficulty connecting with?
10. While with the Mind Control group, what does Johanna think that Hermanito's surgeries are?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The struggle between God and Satan are two major parts of Christianity and the focus of the book.
1. How does the author characterize Satan?
2. How is God characterized?
3. Explain how God and Satan are balancing forces at work throughout the universe everyday.
Essay Topic 2
1. Compare the author's birth parents to Os Guinness and Shelia Bird.
2. How do the two couples impact Johanna's life?
3. How does accepting Os and Shelia into her life, forever change Johanna's relationship with her parents?
Essay Topic 3
Johanna attempts to establish Hermanito as an evil, angered, and manipulative entity. How does Hermanito manipulate the following people below?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)