|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the author is around Hermanito, who does she feel is protecting her?
(a) Her father.
(b) A spirit from God.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her sister, Kim.
2. During Johanna's friend's operation, how does Hermanito save him?
(b) A heart replacement.
(c) Conjuring more powerful spirits to heal him.
(d) By conducting a blood transfusion.
3. What does the author fail to do as her stay begins to move away from being strictly narrative?
(a) Stay positive.
(b) Stay strong.
(c) Keep objectivity.
(d) Change her mind.
4. What has happened in the first 14 chapters?
(a) The author tells her story.
(b) Resolution for her cause.
(c) A change of heart.
(d) Exposition of her true situation.
5. Who is Hermanito?
(a) The spirit who takes control of Pachita's body.
(b) Pachita' s lover.
(c) Tom's partner in Mind Control.
(d) One of the evil spirits working against Johanna.
Short Answer Questions
1. How close should we be to our inner witness?
2. How does Johanna test her new beliefs?
3. What is Satan's influence like?
4. Does Johanna ever see Pachita again after visiting Europe?
5. Why is the very last section called "The Means of Freedom?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Johanna see in Hermanito's eyes in the section entitled "The Beautiful Side of Evil?"
2. What makes Pachita's healing amazing to the people that witness them?
3. As the chapter "Signs and Wonders" begins, what worries Johanna's father?
4. Why is the title of the section, "Exodus," symbolic?
5. Is Johanna the only person who believes there is evil lurking in Hermanito's work?
6. What are demons particularly happy to offer to humans?
7. What important character is Johanna introduced to after she joins the Light and Power House?
8. How is this chapter different from the rest of the book?
9. Who suggests that Johanna go abroad to take time for herself? What does she find on her travels?
10. What does the author believe is a sign of the End of Times?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)