|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "the blood of the lamb?"
(a) A symbol for the occult.
(b) A violent practice involving murder.
(c) A slaughtered lamb's blood.
(d) Jesus Christ's blood from the cross after he was crucified.
2. What is Johanna finally confronted with during book?
(a) Satan's true face.
(b) Her love for Beck and Damon.
(c) Hermanito's true evil.
(d) The choice between Satan and God and good and evil.
3. What is propaganda?
(a) Hurtful words used to bring negative feelings.
(b) A mode of communication used to influence attitudes.
(c) Mean, evil pictures.
(d) Manic posters, and pop culture.
4. What Christian organizations does she join?
(a) Light and Power House.
(b) The Good Faith Church.
(c) The Church of Mary and Jesus.
(d) Fellowship of the Sun.
5. What is Satan's influence like?
(a) Disguised as comforting.
(b) Johanna is not sure.
(c) All knowing.
(d) Disguising and confusing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she feel her parents do not support her in?
2. Where does the manifestation of God's power really come from?
3. Where does the story pick back up in Chapter 10?
4. As the chapter ends, what is Johanna richer with?
5. What has happened in the first 14 chapters?
Short Essay Questions
1. While operating on Johanna's friend, David, what happens to Hermanito?
2. Is Johanna the only person who believes there is evil lurking in Hermanito's work?
3. How should believers test their community leaders and religious leaders?
4. Who suggests that Johanna go abroad to take time for herself? What does she find on her travels?
5. How does the tone shift in this section of the novel?
6. How can the inner witness be infallible?
7. What happens to many Christian and community leaders?
8. What does the author believe is a sign of the End of Times?
9. Upon returning to the United States, what groups does Johanna begin to join?
10. What does Johanna see in Hermanito's eyes in the section entitled "The Beautiful Side of Evil?"
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)