|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease did the author's childhood friend have?
(d) Untreatable cancer.
2. What is "the blood of the lamb?"
(a) A violent practice involving murder.
(b) Jesus Christ's blood from the cross after he was crucified.
(c) A symbol for the occult.
(d) A slaughtered lamb's blood.
3. How does Johanna's faith grow deeper?
(a) Talking about it with friends.
(b) Through studying the Bible.
(c) Condemning others.
(d) It is actually shaky.
4. According to the author, what does the occult's growing influence and presence represent?
(a) A new wave of evil in the world.
(b) God's blessings.
(c) Satan's presence.
(d) It is a sign that the End of Times is near.
5. What do demons disguise their power as?
(a) In books.
(b) It is present in our friends and family.
(c) They do not truly disguise anything, it is what we choose to see or not see.
(d) It is coming from God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Name one more presence of the occult in everyday lives.
2. Are many of the author's points absolute?
3. Who becomes the antagonist for the book?
4. Why has Hermanito chosen Pachita?
5. What is a pseudonym?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the book closes, what does the author ultimately claim to know?
2. As Johanna opens herself into learning more about Christianity, who does she distance herself from?
3. Upon returning to the United States, what groups does Johanna begin to join?
4. How should believers test their community leaders and religious leaders?
5. What other advice does the author offer to people who are lost and seeking God?
6. What does the author believe is a sign of the End of Times?
7. What triggers Johanna into her feeling of uncertainty about the Mind Control group?
8. What important character is Johanna introduced to after she joins the Light and Power House?
9. Who suggests that Johanna go abroad to take time for herself? What does she find on her travels?
10. How does the tone shift in this section of the novel?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)