|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Johanna reveal herself to be?
(a) A prophet.
(b) The wife of a powerful man.
(c) God's child.
(d) A believer of the Occult.
2. Was was the author's childhood friend's name?
3. Has Hermanito ever failed during a surgery?
(a) No, never.
(b) Yes, but only with David.
(c) Yes, but not many times.
(d) Yes, but only a couple of times.
4. What does the author beg of the reader?
(a) Pray to God.
(b) To remember there is a beautiful side of evil.
(c) To accept Jesus.
(d) Join Christian groups.
5. Why does the author resent her parents?
(a) Her parents condemn Johanna for her beliefs.
(b) They refuse to help her financially.
(c) Their support for Pachita.
(d) They sent her sister away from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of the chapter, what is she solely focusing on?
2. What is the importance of the title "New Foundation?"
3. While clearing her life of the occult, what does Johanna also clear her life of?
4. What has happened in the first 14 chapters?
5. What does the author believe to be the absolute word of God?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Johanna the only person who believes there is evil lurking in Hermanito's work?
2. What must all people study according to Johanna?
3. How does the tone shift in this section of the novel?
4. How can the inner witness be infallible?
5. How is this chapter different from the rest of the book?
6. Who suggests that Johanna go abroad to take time for herself? What does she find on her travels?
7. How does Johanna determine that her old beliefs are incorrect?
8. Upon returning to the United States, what groups does Johanna begin to join?
9. While with the Mind Control group, what does Johanna think that Hermanito's surgeries are?
10. What are demons particularly happy to offer to humans?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)