|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Name one presence of the occult in our everyday lives?
(c) Television and film.
(d) Romantic movies.
2. Why is the last section called "Test the Spirits?"
(b) Johanna's marriage is being tested.
(c) Spirits begin to test Johanna's resolve.
(d) Johanna wants all people to test occult-like spirits and practices.
3. By the end of the chapter, what is she solely focusing on?
(a) Her new marriage.
(b) Her new relationship with God.
(c) Ending her relationship with her lover.
(d) Her fractured relationship with her parents.
4. How does the author feel that modern day Christian preachers and theologians treat life and teaching?
(a) They care too much for their own advice.
(b) They are too self righteous in their teachings.
(c) They do not listen to God.
(d) She thinks they downplay the wonderous nature of Jesus.
5. What is propaganda?
(a) Mean, evil pictures.
(b) A mode of communication used to influence attitudes.
(c) Manic posters, and pop culture.
(d) Hurtful words used to bring negative feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. After one operation, what could the author see in Hermanito?
2. What does Johanna's test prove?
3. What is the second step to freeing one's self from the occult?
4. How has the Bible been manipulated by human hands?
5. What is the most infallible test?
Short Essay Questions
1. How should believers test their community leaders and religious leaders?
2. Upon returning to the United States, what groups does Johanna begin to join?
3. Who suggests that Johanna go abroad to take time for herself? What does she find on her travels?
4. What must all people study according to Johanna?
5. While with the Mind Control group, what does Johanna think that Hermanito's surgeries are?
6. As Johanna continues to work with Pachita, who does Johanna feel she is having difficulty connecting with?
7. As the book closes, what does the author ultimately claim to know?
8. Why does arguing with the author seem useless?
9. How can the inner witness be infallible?
10. What makes Pachita's healing amazing to the people that witness them?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)