|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important part of the plot happens during this section of the book?
(a) The exposition.
(b) The climax.
(c) The resolution.
(d) The introduction.
2. How does Johanna's faith grow deeper?
(a) Talking about it with friends.
(b) It is actually shaky.
(c) Through studying the Bible.
(d) Condemning others.
3. What does Johanna's writing lack in this last section?
4. Where does the manifestation of God's power really come from?
(a) The belief from followers.
(b) Faith in the religion's leaders.
(c) Inside believers.
5. Has Hermanito ever failed during a surgery?
(a) No, never.
(b) Yes, but only with David.
(c) Yes, but only a couple of times.
(d) Yes, but not many times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Name one presence of the occult in our everyday lives?
2. What does the author list in "The Means of Freedom?"
3. Was was the author's childhood friend's name?
4. What is Johanna finally confronted with during book?
5. How has the Bible been manipulated by human hands?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is this chapter different from the rest of the book?
2. Why does arguing with the author seem useless?
3. What happens to many Christian and community leaders?
4. As Johanna continues to work with Pachita, who does Johanna feel she is having difficulty connecting with?
5. What must all people study according to Johanna?
6. What are demons particularly happy to offer to humans?
7. Upon returning to the United States, what groups does Johanna begin to join?
8. How does the tone shift in this section of the novel?
9. What triggers Johanna into her feeling of uncertainty about the Mind Control group?
10. Is Johanna the only person who believes there is evil lurking in Hermanito's work?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)