|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author feels overwhelmingly ____________ while making her points.
2. What is the most infallible test?
(a) Reading the Bible.
(b) A person's inner witness.
(c) Asking the Pope for advice.
(d) Believing on yourself.
3. During Johanna's friend's operation, how does Hermanito save him?
(a) A heart replacement.
(b) By conducting a blood transfusion.
(c) Conjuring more powerful spirits to heal him.
4. How has the Bible been manipulated by human hands?
(a) People try to destroy Bibles.
(b) This assertion is wrong. It is the true word of God.
(c) The Bible has undergone several edits and revisions.
(d) Humans wrote the Bible.
5. Who was the author unable to connect with?
(a) The healing spirit.
(c) The spirit of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author think was the real cause of healings?
2. Where does the story pick back up in Chapter 10?
3. What Christian organizations does she join?
4. Was was the author's childhood friend's name?
5. What does Johanna's writing lack in this last section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Johanna the only person who believes there is evil lurking in Hermanito's work?
2. How does the tone shift in this section of the novel?
3. According to Johanna, why is it so easy for many people to be misled by occultism.
4. Who suggests that Johanna go abroad to take time for herself? What does she find on her travels?
5. What is the "inner witness" that the author present to the reader?
6. Why is the title of the section, "Exodus," symbolic?
7. What triggers Johanna into her feeling of uncertainty about the Mind Control group?
8. How should believers test their community leaders and religious leaders?
9. How did Pachita and Hermanito first come together into their practice?
10. What important character is Johanna introduced to after she joins the Light and Power House?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)