|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How close should we be to our inner witness?
(a) It should be pushed away.
(b) As close as we are to are family.
(c) Our inner witness is a part of the occult.
(d) We should experience ultimate intimacy.
2. At first, how does Johanna think that Hermanito's surgeries can help others?
(a) She knows that true medicine is not what Hermanito practices.
(b) She thinks academic medicine can learn from Hermanito.
(c) Hermanito is not willing to share is knowledge.
(d) She would be able to learn from him and spread the knowledge throughout the world.
3. How did another well known author feel about Hermanito/ Pachtia?
(a) She also felt as though she was around evil.
(b) She wished for Hermanito to die.
(c) She was mesmerized by Hermanito.
(d) She believed too much in Hermanito's ability to heal.
4. Where does Kim suggest Johanna go visit while on her journey through Europe?
5. What does the author beg of the reader?
(a) Join Christian groups.
(b) To remember there is a beautiful side of evil.
(c) Pray to God.
(d) To accept Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the very last section called "The Means of Freedom?"
2. Was was the author's childhood friend's name?
3. What is "the blood of the lamb?"
4. Has Hermanito ever failed during a surgery?
5. What is one of the virtually impossible surgeries that Hermanito completes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Johanna determine that her old beliefs are incorrect?
2. What does the author believe is a sign of the End of Times?
3. What does Johanna see in Hermanito's eyes in the section entitled "The Beautiful Side of Evil?"
4. As the chapter "Signs and Wonders" begins, what worries Johanna's father?
5. Upon returning to the United States, what groups does Johanna begin to join?
6. Is Johanna the only person who believes there is evil lurking in Hermanito's work?
7. How did Pachita and Hermanito first come together into their practice?
8. Why does arguing with the author seem useless?
9. As the book closes, what does the author ultimately claim to know?
10. How can the inner witness be infallible?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)