|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Johanna's friend's operation, how does Hermanito save him?
(a) By conducting a blood transfusion.
(b) A heart replacement.
(d) Conjuring more powerful spirits to heal him.
2. According to the author, what do members of the Pentecostal or Evangelical churches really experience?
(a) Out of body experiences.
(b) Evil spirited gatherings.
(c) The true power and grace of God.
(d) Occult-like events.
3. Name another presence of the occult in everyday lives.
4. What is the most infallible test?
(a) A person's inner witness.
(b) Asking the Pope for advice.
(c) Believing on yourself.
(d) Reading the Bible.
5. Why is the last section called "Test the Spirits?"
(a) Spirits begin to test Johanna's resolve.
(b) Johanna wants all people to test occult-like spirits and practices.
(c) Johanna's marriage is being tested.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hermanito?
2. How does Johanna test her new beliefs?
3. While clearing her life of the occult, what does Johanna also clear her life of?
4. What important part of the plot happens during this section of the book?
5. What do demons disguise their power as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What other advice does the author offer to people who are lost and seeking God?
2. What does Johanna see in Hermanito's eyes in the section entitled "The Beautiful Side of Evil?"
3. What happens to many Christian and community leaders?
4. Why is the title of the section, "Exodus," symbolic?
5. As the book closes, what does the author ultimately claim to know?
6. What is the "inner witness" that the author present to the reader?
7. How does Johanna determine that her old beliefs are incorrect?
8. As Johanna continues to work with Pachita, who does Johanna feel she is having difficulty connecting with?
9. As the chapter "Signs and Wonders" begins, what worries Johanna's father?
10. How can the inner witness be infallible?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)