|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How close should we be to our inner witness?
(a) As close as we are to are family.
(b) It should be pushed away.
(c) We should experience ultimate intimacy.
(d) Our inner witness is a part of the occult.
2. What does the author allow her parents to participate in?
(a) Some of Pachita's operations.
(b) Spells and rituals.
(c) Her life with her husband.
(d) Her school plays.
3. According to the author, what does the occult's growing influence and presence represent?
(a) A new wave of evil in the world.
(b) It is a sign that the End of Times is near.
(c) God's blessings.
(d) Satan's presence.
4. While clearing her life of the occult, what does Johanna also clear her life of?
(a) Her new religious friends.
(b) Her lovers.
(c) Unhealthy ways of living.
(d) Her parents.
5. What of the author's shift in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Johanna attempting to profess knowledge of?
2. Why has Hermanito chosen Pachita?
3. At first, how does Johanna think that Hermanito's surgeries can help others?
4. How does Satan disguise himself?
5. At the end of the book, what has the author abandoned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Pachita's healing amazing to the people that witness them?
2. Is Johanna the only person who believes there is evil lurking in Hermanito's work?
3. What are demons particularly happy to offer to humans?
4. What happens to many Christian and community leaders?
5. How can the inner witness be infallible?
6. How is this chapter different from the rest of the book?
7. As Johanna continues to work with Pachita, who does Johanna feel she is having difficulty connecting with?
8. According to Johanna, why is it so easy for many people to be misled by occultism.
9. Who suggests that Johanna go abroad to take time for herself? What does she find on her travels?
10. What does Johanna see in Hermanito's eyes in the section entitled "The Beautiful Side of Evil?"
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)