|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the importance of the title "New Foundation?"
(a) Johanna has found a new foundation for her love of cats.
(b) The roots of Johanna and Randolph's relationship are being established.
(c) Pachita's run-down home needs renovation.
(d) It represents the new foundation of the Christian Church.
2. As the chapter ends, what is Johanna richer with?
(a) Book options.
(b) Family ties.
3. During Johanna's friend's operation, how does Hermanito save him?
(a) By conducting a blood transfusion.
(c) Conjuring more powerful spirits to heal him.
(d) A heart replacement.
4. What is a pseudonym?
(a) A disguise.
(b) A fake name.
(c) Someone you aspire to be.
(d) A change in personality.
5. Name one more presence of the occult in everyday lives.
(c) Horoscopes and astrology.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hermanito breaks down in tears, what does he call himself?
2. The author feels overwhelmingly ____________ while making her points.
3. What disease did the author's childhood friend have?
4. Name one presence of the occult in our everyday lives?
5. Who dies in the section, Exodus?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Johanna continues to work with Pachita, who does Johanna feel she is having difficulty connecting with?
2. What important character is Johanna introduced to after she joins the Light and Power House?
3. Is Johanna the only person who believes there is evil lurking in Hermanito's work?
4. What happens to many Christian and community leaders?
5. What makes Pachita's healing amazing to the people that witness them?
6. What does the author believe is a sign of the End of Times?
7. How did Pachita and Hermanito first come together into their practice?
8. How is this chapter different from the rest of the book?
9. How does Johanna determine that her old beliefs are incorrect?
10. Why does arguing with the author seem useless?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)