|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the manifestation of God's power really come from?
(a) Faith in the religion's leaders.
(c) Inside believers.
(d) The belief from followers.
2. At first, how does Johanna think that Hermanito's surgeries can help others?
(a) She would be able to learn from him and spread the knowledge throughout the world.
(b) She thinks academic medicine can learn from Hermanito.
(c) She knows that true medicine is not what Hermanito practices.
(d) Hermanito is not willing to share is knowledge.
3. What of the author's shift in this section?
4. Who dies in the section, Exodus?
5. What has Johanna removed from her life as New Foundation ends?
(a) All evil.
(b) Her own ideas.
(c) Her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this last section, what is the author's writing style?
2. What is Johanna's ultimate purpose that will be revealed later in the novel?
3. Name another presence of the occult in everyday lives.
4. What is the 3rd test in confirming whether or not someone is an occultist?
5. When does the author feel she really commits herself to Jesus?
Short Essay Questions
1. While operating on Johanna's friend, David, what happens to Hermanito?
2. As the book closes, what does the author ultimately claim to know?
3. Why does arguing with the author seem useless?
4. How does the tone shift in this section of the novel?
5. As the chapter "Signs and Wonders" begins, what worries Johanna's father?
6. What important character is Johanna introduced to after she joins the Light and Power House?
7. What does Johanna see in Hermanito's eyes in the section entitled "The Beautiful Side of Evil?"
8. What does the author believe is a sign of the End of Times?
9. How does Johanna determine that her old beliefs are incorrect?
10. As Johanna continues to work with Pachita, who does Johanna feel she is having difficulty connecting with?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)