|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the author looks at Pachita, what does she feel she is really seeing?
(a) A sinister satanic demon.
(b) Evil forces.
(c) The presence of God.
(d) A mentor and teacher.
2. What does she discover at Chapel Hill's theater?
(a) She is an amazing actress.
(b) A desire to write plays.
(c) A conspiracy theory.
(d) A friendly spirit named Professor Koch.
3. What are the names of Johanna's two new male friends?
(a) Tom and Carlos.
(b) Damon and Beck.
(c) Stanley and Tom.
(d) Eric and Jason.
4. What do her encounters with spirits mean for the author?
(a) Her dead aunt's way of staying in touch.
(b) She feels as though she is going insane.
(c) Evil spirits looking to ruin her life.
(d) Manifestations of her connection with the spirit world.
5. What is the author's focus at the end of "Angry Shadows?"
(a) Repenting for her powers.
(b) Atonement for past sins.
(c) Her gifts are a manifestation of God's spirit.
(d) The author understands that her gifts may be from Satan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in Washington D.C.?
2. What is the last part of the entire book about?
3. In "Mind Control," the author sees Jesus with a monstrous face. What does the author realize about this face?
4. Who are Johanna and Tom confronted by as they pull up to the house they are to visit?
5. What is the metaphorical meaning of her pet snake?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author's relationship with Beck suddenly come to an end?
2. What reckless friend does Johanna meet in college?
3. What is the overall tone and feeling of Johanna's childhood?
4. Why does Johanna decide to marry Beck?
5. What is situated on Pachita's alter?
6. At the beginning of Chapter 1, why is Dr. Carlos angry with Tom?
7. What does the first chapter serve as for the rest of the book?
8. What are the two forms that Jesus appears to Johanna?
9. What type of schooling did Johanna receive?
10. How does mind control help humanity?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)