|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author what does Pachita attempt to disguise her work as?
(a) God's work.
(d) Pagan rituals.
2. Why does Johanna become depressed?
(a) Her sister has run away from home.
(b) Darker spirits are very attracted to her and will not leave her be.
(c) Her mother has died.
(d) Damon does not return her feelings.
3. After her second encounter with Professor Koch, who does the author begin to see?
(a) Professor Amelia.
(b) Damon because he comforts her.
(c) The Little People.
(d) Beck because he comforts her.
4. Who is Johanna's second mentor?
(b) Her father.
(d) Dr. Carlos.
5. Who dies of occult like circumstances in "The Intruder?"
(a) Johanna's boyfriend.
(b) A friend's father.
(c) A bishop's son.
(d) Johanna's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author believe her parents are responsible for?
2. What does the author eventually think of Pachita's "true work?"
3. What are the names of Johanna's two new male friends?
4. What does Damon get the author to do?
5. What makes the young author's life difficult?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the overall tone and feeling of Johanna's childhood?
2. As she discovers the powers of being near the theater, what spirits does Johanna meet?
3. Who else does Johanna meet and become fast friends with?
4. Where do the majority of Johanna's fretful experiences with spirits occur?
5. As the book begins, what business is the author undertaking?
6. What type of schooling did Johanna receive?
7. What are the two forms that Jesus appears to Johanna?
8. Who does Johanna become very close to as a young girl?
9. What two colleges does the author attend?
10. What happens to be the real truth concerning Pachita's work?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)