|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does the author seem to love her family?
(a) No, she feels trapped by them.
(b) Yes, but with reservations.
(c) Yes, but only her sister.
(d) She loves her parents but does not get along with her sister.
2. What other of Johanna's powers have improved?
(a) Her ability to mentally communicate across physical distances.
(b) Brainwashing ability.
(c) Future telling.
(d) Mind reading ability.
3. What gets the author through her childhood and adulthood?
(a) Her family's support.
(b) The feeling of comfort from the crucifix.
(c) Her fascination with acting.
(d) Her close group of friends.
4. In "Mind Control," the author sees Jesus with a monstrous face. What does the author realize about this face?
(a) It is the true face of Satan impersonating Jesus.
(b) She does not think it is Jesus.
(c) It is an evil spirit.
(d) The face is a projection of fear.
5. In "The Encounter," what literary device is used many times?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only true source of inspiration for true faith?
2. What is Tom's philosophy in teaching Mind Control?
3. What is truly at the core of Pachita's work?
4. What do her encounters with spirits mean for the author?
5. What type of neighborhood does Johanna live in as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Johanna rely on while being attacked by other school children?
2. While operating on Johanna's friend, David, what happens to Hermanito?
3. Pachita goes by two different names. What are those names?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 1, why is Dr. Carlos angry with Tom?
5. What does the author seem to be searching for at the beginning of the novel?
6. As she discovers the powers of being near the theater, what spirits does Johanna meet?
7. Where do the majority of Johanna's fretful experiences with spirits occur?
8. What reckless friend does Johanna meet in college?
9. What is the "inner witness" that the author present to the reader?
10. Who discovers the Mind Control program and what is it?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)