|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pachita keep on her alter?
(a) A statue of the devil.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A clock.
(d) A crucifix.
2. Does the author have many happy memories of being with her family as a child?
(a) Yes, but only with her sister.
(b) Yes she does but she feels as though something is missing.
(c) No, her parents were very cruel to their children.
(d) No, she could not stand being around her sister.
3. Where does the author usually encounter fretful spirits?
(a) In theater buildings.
(b) At school.
(c) In graveyards.
(d) In her home town.
4. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
(a) A woman famous for her spiritual powers.
(b) Simply Johanna's aunt.
(c) An evil priestess.
(d) Pachita's relative.
5. Where is Chapel Hill?
(a) At the University of North Carloina.
(b) In Canada.
(c) In California.
(d) A part of the Art Institute of Boston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Johanna and Tom confronted by as they pull up to the house they are to visit?
2. What does the author eventually think of Pachita's "true work?"
3. Brainwashing is ________.
4. Chapters 2-9 mostly dealt with _______, setting a background for the story.
5. What do Damon and Beck's names resemble?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
2. What is the double meaning for the words "Mind Control."
3. What reckless friend does Johanna meet in college?
4. What is situated on Pachita's alter?
5. As a young student, Johanna tampers with a Ouija Board. What does she believe about the board?
6. What happens to be the real truth concerning Pachita's work?
7. What did Johanna rely on while being attacked by other school children?
8. How does mind control help humanity?
9. What literary device is prevalent during the first part of the book?
10. Who does Johanna become very close to as a young girl?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)