|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Johanna's second mentor?
(c) Her father.
(d) Dr. Carlos.
2. In "The Encounter," what literary device is used many times?
3. What gets the author through her childhood and adulthood?
(a) Her fascination with acting.
(b) Her family's support.
(c) The feeling of comfort from the crucifix.
(d) Her close group of friends.
4. What is Tom's philosophy in teaching Mind Control?
(b) Not everyone is gifted enough to practice.
(c) Participants can become aware of their potential to protect humanity.
(d) It is an art.
5. Eventually, who does the author believe is really controlling the minds of the mind control group?
(a) An ancient God.
(c) A man.
(d) By Satan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stories concerning her family is Johanna missing?
2. Who is chosen to be Johanna's first mentor?
3. What do Damon and Beck's names resemble?
4. What are these beings?
5. What is the atmosphere of the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to be the real truth concerning Pachita's work?
2. Growing up, what did many townspeople consider Johanna to be?
3. How does mind control help humanity?
4. What two colleges does the author attend?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 1, why is Dr. Carlos angry with Tom?
6. What is situated on Pachita's alter?
7. What is the overall tone and feeling of Johanna's childhood?
8. What does Johanna think of Pachita's home?
9. What does the author seem to be searching for at the beginning of the novel?
10. What is the double meaning for the words "Mind Control."
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)