|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gets the author through her childhood and adulthood?
(a) The feeling of comfort from the crucifix.
(b) Her close group of friends.
(c) Her family's support.
(d) Her fascination with acting.
2. What does the reader have a clear understanding of at the end of Chapter 9?
(b) Who the author is and what is important to her.
(c) A major shift will happen in Johanna's life.
(d) That something bad is lurking in the future.
3. How did the nuns treat the author?
(a) The nuns are in different towards Johanna.
(b) The nuns shun Johanna because she is not Catholic.
(c) The nuns are extremely strict.
(d) The nuns were very caring.
4. Where does her faith and roots of Christianity come from?
(a) Her husband.
(b) It appeared spontaneously.
(c) Her Catholic school.
(d) Her parents.
5. What does the author believe her parents are responsible for?
(a) Verbal abuse toward her and her sister.
(b) Darkness that is present during her early years.
(c) Exposing her to adult behavior.
(d) Allowing bad influences of other people to be present.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Mind Control program advertise itself to the public?
2. What are Tim's honest intentions in regards to the Mind Control program?
3. Why does Johanna end her relationship with Beck?
4. What is the only true source of inspiration for true faith?
5. What makes the young author's life difficult?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Johanna think of Pachita's home?
2. As she discovers the powers of being near the theater, what spirits does Johanna meet?
3. As the book begins, what business is the author undertaking?
4. What is situated on Pachita's alter?
5. What are the two forms that Jesus appears to Johanna?
6. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
7. As Johanna grows up and attends college, what interests her?
8. What does the author seem to be searching for at the beginning of the novel?
9. Growing up, what did many townspeople consider Johanna to be?
10. How does mind control help humanity?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)