|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
(a) An evil priestess.
(b) Pachita's relative.
(c) A woman famous for her spiritual powers.
(d) Simply Johanna's aunt.
2. What is missing about the author's upbringing?
(b) A close family unit.
(c) The presence of religion.
(d) Lots of friends.
3. What gets the author through her childhood and adulthood?
(a) Her family's support.
(b) The feeling of comfort from the crucifix.
(c) Her fascination with acting.
(d) Her close group of friends.
4. What stories concerning her family is Johanna missing?
(a) Going to church.
(b) Spending quality time.
(c) Buying a family dog.
(d) Going on vacations.
5. How do most occult practices present themselves?
(a) As a Godly, Christly influence.
(c) Safe and helpful.
(d) Dark and evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do her encounters with spirits mean for the author?
2. What other of Johanna's powers have improved?
3. In "Mind Control," the author sees Jesus with a monstrous face. What does the author realize about this face?
4. What happens to Johanna at the end of college?
5. Who is Dr. Carlos?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of schooling did Johanna receive?
2. Why does the author's relationship with Beck suddenly come to an end?
3. What are the two forms that Jesus appears to Johanna?
4. Growing up, what did many townspeople consider Johanna to be?
5. What two colleges does the author attend?
6. At the beginning of Chapter 1, why is Dr. Carlos angry with Tom?
7. Where do the majority of Johanna's fretful experiences with spirits occur?
8. By not mentioning more of her parents actions in the book, what conclusion does the reader draw?
9. As the book begins, what business is the author undertaking?
10. What happens to be the real truth concerning Pachita's work?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)