|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beck help the author through?
(a) Recovery from her attack.
(b) Her thesis project.
(c) Horrifying experiences with evil spirits.
(d) Discovering God.
2. What gets the author through her childhood and adulthood?
(a) The feeling of comfort from the crucifix.
(b) Her family's support.
(c) Her close group of friends.
(d) Her fascination with acting.
3. Where does the author usually encounter fretful spirits?
(a) In her home town.
(b) At school.
(c) In graveyards.
(d) In theater buildings.
4. What happens to Johanna at the end of college?
(a) She gets an internship with a friend of the family.
(b) She realizes that the theater is not safe for her.
(c) Returns to Mexico.
(d) Travels abroad.
5. What does the author believe her parents are responsible for?
(a) Darkness that is present during her early years.
(b) Allowing bad influences of other people to be present.
(c) Verbal abuse toward her and her sister.
(d) Exposing her to adult behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Johanna's father find the mind control program?
2. What is her snake's names?
3. Who is chosen to be Johanna's first mentor?
4. In "The Encounter," what literary device is used many times?
5. What are these beings?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the book begins, what business is the author undertaking?
2. What does Jesus' appearance mean for Johanna?
3. What does the first chapter serve as for the rest of the book?
4. What did Johanna rely on while being attacked by other school children?
5. How does mind control help humanity?
6. At the beginning of Chapter 1, why is Dr. Carlos angry with Tom?
7. What happens to be the real truth concerning Pachita's work?
8. What literary device is prevalent during the first part of the book?
9. What does the author seem to be searching for at the beginning of the novel?
10. What does Johanna think of Pachita's home?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)