|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theater was the author performing in DC?
(a) Shakespeare Theater Company.
(b) Ford's Theatre.
(c) The Met.
(d) JFK Performing Arts Center.
2. What or who is Teresias?
(a) Johanna's first boyfriend.
(b) A special doll from her childhood.
(c) Johanna's one and only friend.
(d) A statue.
3. What is present on Pachita's alter?
(a) The Virgin Mary.
(b) St Joseph.
(c) Cuauhtemoc, an Aztec warrior.
(d) A picture of her mother.
4. What does the author introduce Damon to in the chapter, Damon?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother and father.
(c) Tiresias and Mephistopheles.
(d) Her friend Beck.
5. What is the last part of the entire book about?
(a) A warning against the occult.
(b) A call to arms for God's people.
(c) Unity of mind controllers.
(d) The occult's winnings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is truly at the core of Pachita's work?
2. What is Cuauhtemoc?
3. Who is Mephistopheles?
4. While the rest of the book will be dark, what does the author give the reader a glimpse of at the end of the chapter?
5. What is another and more sinister meaning of mind control?
Short Essay Questions
1. Growing up, what did many townspeople consider Johanna to be?
2. As Johanna opens herself into learning more about Christianity, who does she distance herself from?
3. What is the overall tone and feeling of Johanna's childhood?
4. Upon returning to the United States, what groups does Johanna begin to join?
5. What does the author believe is a sign of the End of Times?
6. What important character is Johanna introduced to after she joins the Light and Power House?
7. According to Johanna, why is it so easy for many people to be misled by occultism.
8. Why does the author's relationship with Beck suddenly come to an end?
9. What reckless friend does Johanna meet in college?
10. Why does Johanna decide to marry Beck?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)