|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the metaphorical meaning of her pet snake?
(a) Nothing. Johanna enjoys her pet snake.
(b) It makes Johanna powerful.
(c) Snakes have long been aligned with God.
(d) The snake is evil. It is the embodiment of Satan.
2. Chapters 2-9 mostly dealt with _______, setting a background for the story.
3. According to the author, what is the true quality of the occult practice?
(c) Deceptive nature.
4. What does the author eventually think of Pachita's "true work?"
(a) Pachita's true work is evil.
(b) She wishes to be apart of Pachita's work.
(c) She wants to worship Pachita.
(d) She wishes to heal as Pachita does.
5. Who dies of occult like circumstances in "The Intruder?"
(a) Johanna's boyfriend.
(b) A friend's father.
(c) Johanna's brother.
(d) A bishop's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author believe she has found after so many years of darkness?
2. What type of school did the author attend?
3. What does the author's interest in the occult do to her social life?
4. What does Johanna envision her mind laboratory to be like?
5. What is Tom's philosophy in teaching Mind Control?
Short Essay Questions
1. From an early age, what often distracted and bothered Johanna?
2. As the book begins, what business is the author undertaking?
3. As she discovers the powers of being near the theater, what spirits does Johanna meet?
4. As Johanna grows up and attends college, what interests her?
5. What happens to be the real truth concerning Pachita's work?
6. Why does Johanna decide to marry Beck?
7. Who discovers the Mind Control program and what is it?
8. What does Jesus' appearance mean for Johanna?
9. What is the double meaning for the words "Mind Control."
10. What does the author seem to be searching for at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)