|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dr. Carlos?
(a) Powerful psychic and psychologist.
(b) A respected doctor, priest, and supporter of Mind Control.
(d) Mind Control researcher.
2. What is missing about the author's upbringing?
(b) Lots of friends.
(c) The presence of religion.
(d) A close family unit.
3. In "The Intruder," what does the author hear to alert her of the being that follows her?
(a) Grating, grinding noises.
(b) Sinister laughing.
(d) Shuffling feet.
4. How is Pachita's home described by Johanna?
(a) Dirty, messy, and decorated in dead roses.
(b) A large mansion.
(c) Spotless and clean.
(d) A small shack.
5. What does the author insist is important in leading a long and good life?
(a) Adhering firmly to Christian faith.
(b) Spending time with family.
(c) A balanced, healthy diet.
(d) Quality time with friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do her encounters with spirits mean for the author?
2. What happens in Washington D.C.?
3. What happens to Johanna at the end of college?
4. Eventually, who does the author believe is really controlling the minds of the mind control group?
5. This _____ is the story of experiences with the ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What literary device is prevalent during the first part of the book?
2. As a part of the program, practitioners are given two mentors. Who are Johanna's mentors?
3. Who else does Johanna meet and become fast friends with?
4. As the book begins, what business is the author undertaking?
5. Growing up, what did many townspeople consider Johanna to be?
6. Where do the majority of Johanna's fretful experiences with spirits occur?
7. What happens to be the real truth concerning Pachita's work?
8. What does Johanna think of Pachita's home?
9. What are the two forms that Jesus appears to Johanna?
10. What did Johanna rely on while being attacked by other school children?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)