|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of school did the author attend?
(a) Catholic School.
(b) A public Mexican school.
(c) A Jewish Day School.
(d) Johanna was home schooled.
2. Who is Dr. Carlos?
(a) Mind Control researcher.
(b) Powerful psychic and psychologist.
(d) A respected doctor, priest, and supporter of Mind Control.
3. Who is Mephistopheles?
(a) A statue given to the author by her Mother.
(b) Another name for God.
(c) A town in Mexico.
(d) An evil force present in Johanna's life.
4. At the beginning of "The Encounter," why is the author frustrated?
(a) She has just lost her boyfriend.
(b) She failed a test.
(c) She lost a bet.
(d) She is late for a meeting with Pachita.
5. What does Beck help the author through?
(a) Horrifying experiences with evil spirits.
(b) Discovering God.
(c) Her thesis project.
(d) Recovery from her attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theater was the author performing in DC?
2. What does the reader have a clear understanding of at the end of Chapter 9?
3. Where does her faith and roots of Christianity come from?
4. What do her encounters with spirits mean for the author?
5. What is the atmosphere of the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. As she discovers the powers of being near the theater, what spirits does Johanna meet?
2. Who else does Johanna meet and become fast friends with?
3. What did Johanna rely on while being attacked by other school children?
4. How does mind control help humanity?
5. As the book begins, what business is the author undertaking?
6. What is situated on Pachita's alter?
7. What happens to be the real truth concerning Pachita's work?
8. By not mentioning more of her parents actions in the book, what conclusion does the reader draw?
9. What does the author seem to be searching for at the beginning of the novel?
10. As Johanna grows up and attends college, what interests her?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)