|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brainwashing is ________.
(a) A coercive technique used to change beliefs.
(b) Changing your mind of your own free will.
(c) Flushing your brain with fluids.
(d) A spiritual meditation.
2. What does the author eventually think of Pachita's "true work?"
(a) She wants to worship Pachita.
(b) Pachita's true work is evil.
(c) She wishes to be apart of Pachita's work.
(d) She wishes to heal as Pachita does.
3. What happens to Johanna at the end of college?
(a) Travels abroad.
(b) She gets an internship with a friend of the family.
(c) Returns to Mexico.
(d) She realizes that the theater is not safe for her.
4. What is the author's search for Pachita representative of?
(a) A search for truth.
(b) The vileness of evil.
(c) Fleeing away from evil.
(d) The search for justice.
5. Is Johanna excited about the Mind Control program?
(a) No, she thinks it is a gimmick and wants to discover the truth.
(b) No, but she feels pressured by her father to complete the program.
(c) Yes, it is a way to escape her father.
(d) Yes, she sees it as a way to be helpful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the atmosphere of the beginning of the book?
2. What does the author introduce Damon to in the chapter, Damon?
3. Does the author have many happy memories of being with her family as a child?
4. What or who is Teresias?
5. How does the author feel after the drugs have worn off?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
2. What is the double meaning for the words "Mind Control."
3. Pachita goes by two different names. What are those names?
4. What does the first chapter serve as for the rest of the book?
5. What happens to be the real truth concerning Pachita's work?
6. As the book begins, what business is the author undertaking?
7. Growing up, what did many townspeople consider Johanna to be?
8. Why does Johanna decide to marry Beck?
9. How does mind control help humanity?
10. What are the two forms that Jesus appears to Johanna?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)