|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Mind Control," the author sees Jesus with a monstrous face. What does the author realize about this face?
(a) The face is a projection of fear.
(b) It is an evil spirit.
(c) It is the true face of Satan impersonating Jesus.
(d) She does not think it is Jesus.
2. What does Johanna envision her mind laboratory to be like?
(a) Her childhood bedroom.
(b) An indoor park.
(c) The theater at Chapel Hill.
(d) A luxurious room full of crystal.
3. How does the author feel when Jesus appears to her?
(c) Scared and confused.
4. Eventually, who does the author believe is really controlling the minds of the mind control group?
(b) By Satan.
(c) A man.
(d) An ancient God.
5. What do her encounters with spirits mean for the author?
(a) She feels as though she is going insane.
(b) Manifestations of her connection with the spirit world.
(c) Evil spirits looking to ruin her life.
(d) Her dead aunt's way of staying in touch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flourished during the author's time at Wesleyan?
2. What is the only true source of inspiration for true faith?
3. Because Johanna and Tom are late to the meeting, what does she miss?
4. What is the author's focus at the end of "Angry Shadows?"
5. At first, what did Mind Control mean to Johanna?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the majority of Johanna's fretful experiences with spirits occur?
2. What did Johanna rely on while being attacked by other school children?
3. What type of schooling did Johanna receive?
4. What happens to be the real truth concerning Pachita's work?
5. As Johanna grows up and attends college, what interests her?
6. From an early age, what often distracted and bothered Johanna?
7. What two colleges does the author attend?
8. What is the double meaning for the words "Mind Control."
9. Who discovers the Mind Control program and what is it?
10. At the beginning of Chapter 1, why is Dr. Carlos angry with Tom?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)