|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does the author have many happy memories of being with her family as a child?
(a) No, her parents were very cruel to their children.
(b) Yes she does but she feels as though something is missing.
(c) Yes, but only with her sister.
(d) No, she could not stand being around her sister.
2. What is the author's focus at the end of "Angry Shadows?"
(a) Her gifts are a manifestation of God's spirit.
(b) Repenting for her powers.
(c) Atonement for past sins.
(d) The author understands that her gifts may be from Satan.
3. At first, what does Johanna think the Mind Control program does?
(a) Teaches people to tap into their Alpha Wave powers.
(b) Rejects the teachings of Jesus.
(c) Controls the minds of members.
(d) Enhances spiritual healing techniques.
4. Where does her faith and roots of Christianity come from?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her Catholic school.
(d) It appeared spontaneously.
5. What are Tim's honest intentions in regards to the Mind Control program?
(a) Helps participants become aware of their potential for helping the community.
(b) Heal people and invite them into the program.
(c) He would like the program to grow and help millions.
(d) To do community service in the community.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is chosen to be Johanna's first mentor?
2. What are the names of Johanna's two new male friends?
3. Why does Johanna become depressed?
4. Who is really in control of the minds working within the Mind Control group?
5. On a narrative level, what does chapter one serve as for the rest of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. By not mentioning more of her parents actions in the book, what conclusion does the reader draw?
2. What important character is Johanna introduced to after she joins the Light and Power House?
3. As the book begins, what business is the author undertaking?
4. Who suggests that Johanna go abroad to take time for herself? What does she find on her travels?
5. Who else does Johanna meet and become fast friends with?
6. What does Johanna see in Hermanito's eyes in the section entitled "The Beautiful Side of Evil?"
7. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
8. As Johanna grows up and attends college, what interests her?
9. What reckless friend does Johanna meet in college?
10. What is situated on Pachita's alter?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)