|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does the author have many happy memories of being with her family as a child?
(a) Yes, but only with her sister.
(b) No, she could not stand being around her sister.
(c) Yes she does but she feels as though something is missing.
(d) No, her parents were very cruel to their children.
2. What gets the author through her childhood and adulthood?
(a) The feeling of comfort from the crucifix.
(b) Her close group of friends.
(c) Her family's support.
(d) Her fascination with acting.
3. At the beginning of "The Encounter," why is the author frustrated?
(a) She failed a test.
(b) She lost a bet.
(c) She has just lost her boyfriend.
(d) She is late for a meeting with Pachita.
4. How do most occult practices present themselves?
(a) Safe and helpful.
(c) As a Godly, Christly influence.
(d) Dark and evil.
5. How does the Mind Control program advertise itself to the public?
(a) It offered relief from mental troubles and improved mental capacity.
(b) A religion.
(c) A way to join forces with God.
(d) A new way of thinking about life.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the rest of the book will be dark, what does the author give the reader a glimpse of at the end of the chapter?
2. Who is Dr. Carlos?
3. Where does Johanna's father find the mind control program?
4. What other of Johanna's powers have improved?
5. What type of neighborhood does Johanna live in as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the majority of Johanna's fretful experiences with spirits occur?
2. What literary device is prevalent during the first part of the book?
3. What happens to be the real truth concerning Pachita's work?
4. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
5. What is situated on Pachita's alter?
6. Pachita goes by two different names. What are those names?
7. What does Jesus' appearance mean for Johanna?
8. As a part of the program, practitioners are given two mentors. Who are Johanna's mentors?
9. What are the two forms that Jesus appears to Johanna?
10. What does Johanna think of Pachita's home?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)