|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first, what did Mind Control mean to Johanna?
(a) A way to make Damon love her again.
(b) A way to control her family.
(d) A way to control one's own mind.
2. Brainwashing is ________.
(a) Changing your mind of your own free will.
(b) A spiritual meditation.
(c) A coercive technique used to change beliefs.
(d) Flushing your brain with fluids.
3. What leads her to accept Beck's marriage proposal?
(a) Beck's continued comfort.
(b) She feels lost without Beck.
(c) Her friends push her to accept it.
4. What is the author's focus at the end of "Angry Shadows?"
(a) The author understands that her gifts may be from Satan.
(b) Atonement for past sins.
(c) Her gifts are a manifestation of God's spirit.
(d) Repenting for her powers.
5. In "The Encounter," what literary device is used many times?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author believe she has found after so many years of darkness?
2. Is Johanna excited about the Mind Control program?
3. What was present in the author's family situation before she was born?
4. While the rest of the book will be dark, what does the author give the reader a glimpse of at the end of the chapter?
5. What do Damon and Beck's names resemble?
Short Essay Questions
1. From an early age, what often distracted and bothered Johanna?
2. Where do the majority of Johanna's fretful experiences with spirits occur?
3. As she discovers the powers of being near the theater, what spirits does Johanna meet?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 1, why is Dr. Carlos angry with Tom?
5. As a part of the program, practitioners are given two mentors. Who are Johanna's mentors?
6. What does the first chapter serve as for the rest of the book?
7. What did Johanna rely on while being attacked by other school children?
8. What reckless friend does Johanna meet in college?
9. What type of schooling did Johanna receive?
10. What is situated on Pachita's alter?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)