|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other of Johanna's powers have improved?
(a) Brainwashing ability.
(b) Mind reading ability.
(c) Her ability to mentally communicate across physical distances.
(d) Future telling.
2. Who is Johanna's second mentor?
(b) Her father.
(c) Dr. Carlos.
3. What is Cuauhtemoc?
(a) An Aztec prince.
(b) A god that Pachita worships.
(c) Tom's foreign cousin.
(d) Johanna's guardian.
4. Where does the author usually encounter fretful spirits?
(a) At school.
(b) In her home town.
(c) In theater buildings.
(d) In graveyards.
5. While the rest of the book will be dark, what does the author give the reader a glimpse of at the end of the chapter?
(a) The vitality of youth.
(c) The evil that lurks within us all.
(d) Faith is a forgotten feeling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the author's focus at the end of "Angry Shadows?"
2. How did the evil being that lives in Johanna's house effect Johanna's life?
3. After her second encounter with Professor Koch, who does the author begin to see?
4. What flourished during the author's time at Wesleyan?
5. At first, what does Johanna think the Mind Control program does?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the tone shift in this section of the novel?
2. Who else does Johanna meet and become fast friends with?
3. From an early age, what often distracted and bothered Johanna?
4. Pachita goes by two different names. What are those names?
5. As Johanna grows up and attends college, what interests her?
6. What makes Pachita's healing amazing to the people that witness them?
7. Upon returning to the United States, what groups does Johanna begin to join?
8. How does mind control help humanity?
9. What is the overall tone and feeling of Johanna's childhood?
10. What are demons particularly happy to offer to humans?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)