Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dr. Carlos?
(a) Powerful psychic and psychologist.
(b) Mind Control researcher.
(d) A respected doctor, priest, and supporter of Mind Control.
2. What makes the young author's life difficult?
(a) She does not have many friends.
(b) She is beaten by her parents.
(c) She is not an attractive girl.
(d) She hears voices and sees evil beings.
3. What frightening encounter does she have at the theater at Wesleyan?
(a) A person attacks her while working late at night.
(b) A male spirit haunts her.
(c) She falls in a trap door.
(d) A female spirit haunts her.
4. What is the metaphorical meaning of her pet snake?
(a) Snakes have long been aligned with God.
(b) It makes Johanna powerful.
(c) The snake is evil. It is the embodiment of Satan.
(d) Nothing. Johanna enjoys her pet snake.
5. Who is really in control of the minds working within the Mind Control group?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author insist is important in leading a long and good life?
2. After her second encounter with Professor Koch, who does the author begin to see?
3. What does she discover at Chapel Hill's theater?
4. Because Johanna and Tom are late to the meeting, what does she miss?
5. Who is Johanna's second mentor?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Johanna, why is it so easy for many people to be misled by occultism.
2. By not mentioning more of her parents actions in the book, what conclusion does the reader draw?
3. What must all people study according to Johanna?
4. What does the first chapter serve as for the rest of the book?
5. How should believers test their community leaders and religious leaders?
6. What does Jesus' appearance mean for Johanna?
7. Upon returning to the United States, what groups does Johanna begin to join?
8. As Johanna grows up and attends college, what interests her?
9. As she discovers the powers of being near the theater, what spirits does Johanna meet?
10. As Johanna continues to work with Pachita, who does Johanna feel she is having difficulty connecting with?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)