|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first, what does Johanna think the Mind Control program does?
(a) Rejects the teachings of Jesus.
(b) Enhances spiritual healing techniques.
(c) Teaches people to tap into their Alpha Wave powers.
(d) Controls the minds of members.
2. Who did Great Aunt Dixie feel would inherit her gift?
(a) Cousin Andy.
(b) Johanna's sister, Kim.
(c) Johanna's mother.
(d) A family member from Johanna's generation.
3. What gets the author through her childhood and adulthood?
(a) Her fascination with acting.
(b) Her family's support.
(c) The feeling of comfort from the crucifix.
(d) Her close group of friends.
4. Because Johanna and Tom are late to the meeting, what does she miss?
(a) The assignment of a mentor.
(b) An important meeting.
(c) The chance to meet her husband.
(d) The operations scheduled for tonight.
5. What is her snake's names?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the reader have a clear understanding of at the end of Chapter 9?
2. What is the only true source of inspiration for true faith?
3. At the beginning of "The Encounter," why is the author frustrated?
4. What is the last part of the entire book about?
5. While the rest of the book will be dark, what does the author give the reader a glimpse of at the end of the chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does mind control help humanity?
2. As a part of the program, practitioners are given two mentors. Who are Johanna's mentors?
3. By not mentioning more of her parents actions in the book, what conclusion does the reader draw?
4. Why does the author's relationship with Beck suddenly come to an end?
5. As the book begins, what business is the author undertaking?
6. What is the double meaning for the words "Mind Control."
7. What type of schooling did Johanna receive?
8. What two colleges does the author attend?
9. Who does Johanna become very close to as a young girl?
10. Pachita goes by two different names. What are those names?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)