|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Johanna and Tom confronted by as they pull up to the house they are to visit?
(b) Her father.
(d) Dr. Carlos.
2. How does the author feel when Jesus appears to her?
(b) Scared and confused.
3. What is missing about the author's upbringing?
(a) Lots of friends.
(b) A close family unit.
(c) The presence of religion.
4. According to the author what does Pachita attempt to disguise her work as?
(b) Pagan rituals.
(c) God's work.
5. What does Johanna envision her mind laboratory to be like?
(a) A luxurious room full of crystal.
(b) Her childhood bedroom.
(c) An indoor park.
(d) The theater at Chapel Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the author looks at Pachita, what does she feel she is really seeing?
2. What does Beck help the author through?
3. What are the names of Johanna's two new male friends?
4. Where does her faith and roots of Christianity come from?
5. What do Damon and Beck's names resemble?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the book begins, what business is the author undertaking?
2. What does Jesus' appearance mean for Johanna?
3. Pachita goes by two different names. What are those names?
4. What reckless friend does Johanna meet in college?
5. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
6. As she discovers the powers of being near the theater, what spirits does Johanna meet?
7. Growing up, what did many townspeople consider Johanna to be?
8. What are the two forms that Jesus appears to Johanna?
9. What does Johanna think of Pachita's home?
10. As a part of the program, practitioners are given two mentors. Who are Johanna's mentors?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)