|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the nuns treat the author?
(a) The nuns shun Johanna because she is not Catholic.
(b) The nuns were very caring.
(c) The nuns are extremely strict.
(d) The nuns are in different towards Johanna.
2. What does Pachita keep on her alter?
(a) A clock.
(b) A crucifix.
(c) A statue of the devil.
(d) A Bible.
3. Where is Wesleyan located?
(c) New York City.
4. Who did Great Aunt Dixie feel would inherit her gift?
(a) Johanna's sister, Kim.
(b) A family member from Johanna's generation.
(c) Cousin Andy.
(d) Johanna's mother.
5. Chapters 2-9 mostly dealt with _______, setting a background for the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Tim's honest intentions in regards to the Mind Control program?
2. What is missing about the author's upbringing?
3. Where is Chapel Hill?
4. In "The Encounter," what literary device is used many times?
5. What does she discover at Chapel Hill's theater?
Short Essay Questions
1. From an early age, what often distracted and bothered Johanna?
2. What does Johanna think of Pachita's home?
3. As the book begins, what business is the author undertaking?
4. What are the two forms that Jesus appears to Johanna?
5. How does mind control help humanity?
6. Pachita goes by two different names. What are those names?
7. What literary device is prevalent during the first part of the book?
8. Why does the author's relationship with Beck suddenly come to an end?
9. What reckless friend does Johanna meet in college?
10. What is situated on Pachita's alter?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)