|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stories concerning her family is Johanna missing?
(a) Spending quality time.
(b) Going to church.
(c) Going on vacations.
(d) Buying a family dog.
2. In "The Intruder," what does the author hear to alert her of the being that follows her?
(a) Sinister laughing.
(c) Grating, grinding noises.
(d) Shuffling feet.
3. Who are Johanna and Tom confronted by as they pull up to the house they are to visit?
(a) Dr. Carlos.
(d) Her father.
4. What does Johanna become very skilled in by working with Mind Control?
(a) Mind control.
(b) Physical healing.
(c) Psychic healing.
(d) Mind reading.
5. What flourished during the author's time at Wesleyan?
(a) Her interest in theater and occultism.
(b) Her love of boys.
(c) Her ability to make friends.
(d) Her acting ability.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only true source of inspiration for true faith?
2. What does the first three quarters of the book concern itself with?
3. At first, what does Johanna think the Mind Control program does?
4. What leads her to accept Beck's marriage proposal?
5. Why does Johanna become depressed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who else does Johanna meet and become fast friends with?
2. What does the author seem to be searching for at the beginning of the novel?
3. What happens to be the real truth concerning Pachita's work?
4. What does Johanna think of Pachita's home?
5. Why does Johanna decide to marry Beck?
6. Where do the majority of Johanna's fretful experiences with spirits occur?
7. At the beginning of Chapter 1, why is Dr. Carlos angry with Tom?
8. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
9. What type of schooling did Johanna receive?
10. What two colleges does the author attend?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)