|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Johanna end her relationship with Beck?
(a) Johanna's father intensely dislikes Beck.
(b) Beck cheats on her.
(c) Beck is too involved in his studies.
(d) She does not love Beck.
2. What is truly at the core of Pachita's work?
(b) God's grace.
(c) Pure evil.
3. Where is Chapel Hill?
(a) In Canada.
(b) At the University of North Carloina.
(c) In California.
(d) A part of the Art Institute of Boston.
4. Why does Johanna become depressed?
(a) Darker spirits are very attracted to her and will not leave her be.
(b) Her sister has run away from home.
(c) Her mother has died.
(d) Damon does not return her feelings.
5. What is present on Pachita's alter?
(a) St Joseph.
(b) A picture of her mother.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) Cuauhtemoc, an Aztec warrior.
6. What is Cuauhtemoc?
(a) An Aztec prince.
(b) Tom's foreign cousin.
(c) Johanna's guardian.
(d) A god that Pachita worships.
7. Who is Mephistopheles?
(a) An evil force present in Johanna's life.
(b) A statue given to the author by her Mother.
(c) A town in Mexico.
(d) Another name for God.
8. At the beginning of "The Encounter," why is the author frustrated?
(a) She lost a bet.
(b) She has just lost her boyfriend.
(c) She is late for a meeting with Pachita.
(d) She failed a test.
9. How do most occult practices present themselves?
(a) Dark and evil.
(c) As a Godly, Christly influence.
(d) Safe and helpful.
10. What happens in Washington D.C.?
(a) A spirit violently attacked her.
(b) A professor tries to take advantage of her.
(c) Johanna fights with Damon.
(d) She gets injured while acting.
11. Who dies of occult like circumstances in "The Intruder?"
(a) A bishop's son.
(b) A friend's father.
(c) Johanna's boyfriend.
(d) Johanna's brother.
12. What theater was the author performing in DC?
(a) JFK Performing Arts Center.
(b) The Met.
(c) Ford's Theatre.
(d) Shakespeare Theater Company.
13. What was present in the author's family situation before she was born?
(a) The grace of God.
(b) Discord from the community.
(c) Unrest in her parents relationship.
(d) Satanic influences.
14. What do her encounters with spirits mean for the author?
(a) Manifestations of her connection with the spirit world.
(b) She feels as though she is going insane.
(c) Her dead aunt's way of staying in touch.
(d) Evil spirits looking to ruin her life.
15. Is Johanna excited about the Mind Control program?
(a) No, but she feels pressured by her father to complete the program.
(b) Yes, it is a way to escape her father.
(c) Yes, she sees it as a way to be helpful.
(d) No, she thinks it is a gimmick and wants to discover the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author believe she has found after so many years of darkness?
2. What does Beck help the author through?
3. Brainwashing is ________.
4. What is Tom's philosophy in teaching Mind Control?
5. As the author looks at Pachita, what does she feel she is really seeing?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)