|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what is the true quality of the occult practice?
(b) Deceptive nature.
2. What is missing about the author's upbringing?
(a) Lots of friends.
(b) A close family unit.
(d) The presence of religion.
3. How did the evil being that lives in Johanna's house effect Johanna's life?
(a) There is no evil being.
(b) The evil being haunts Johanna at home but not when she is out with friends.
(c) Causes grotesque events to happen.
(d) She ignores the evil beings.
4. As the author looks at Pachita, what does she feel she is really seeing?
(a) Evil forces.
(b) A mentor and teacher.
(c) The presence of God.
(d) A sinister satanic demon.
5. How did the nuns treat the author?
(a) The nuns were very caring.
(b) The nuns shun Johanna because she is not Catholic.
(c) The nuns are in different towards Johanna.
(d) The nuns are extremely strict.
6. What type of school did the author attend?
(a) A Jewish Day School.
(b) Johanna was home schooled.
(c) A public Mexican school.
(d) Catholic School.
7. Who dies of occult like circumstances in "The Intruder?"
(a) Johanna's brother.
(b) A friend's father.
(c) A bishop's son.
(d) Johanna's boyfriend.
8. What does she discover at Chapel Hill's theater?
(a) A friendly spirit named Professor Koch.
(b) A desire to write plays.
(c) She is an amazing actress.
(d) A conspiracy theory.
9. Because Johanna and Tom are late to the meeting, what does she miss?
(a) An important meeting.
(b) The chance to meet her husband.
(c) The assignment of a mentor.
(d) The operations scheduled for tonight.
10. What does the author believe her parents are responsible for?
(a) Allowing bad influences of other people to be present.
(b) Exposing her to adult behavior.
(c) Darkness that is present during her early years.
(d) Verbal abuse toward her and her sister.
11. Where does the author usually encounter fretful spirits?
(a) In her home town.
(b) In graveyards.
(c) In theater buildings.
(d) At school.
12. What does the first three quarters of the book concern itself with?
(a) Experiences of the occult.
(b) Meeting her husband.
(d) Her childhood.
13. Who are Johanna and Tom confronted by as they pull up to the house they are to visit?
(a) Dr. Carlos.
(b) Her father.
14. After her second encounter with Professor Koch, who does the author begin to see?
(a) Professor Amelia.
(b) The Little People.
(c) Beck because he comforts her.
(d) Damon because he comforts her.
15. While the rest of the book will be dark, what does the author give the reader a glimpse of at the end of the chapter?
(a) Faith is a forgotten feeling.
(b) The vitality of youth.
(d) The evil that lurks within us all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only true source of inspiration for true faith?
2. What does Dr. Carlos think of Tom and his Mind Control program?
3. What was present in the author's family situation before she was born?
4. What gets the author through her childhood and adulthood?
5. This _____ is the story of experiences with the ____.
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)