|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author feel when Jesus appears to her?
(c) Scared and confused.
2. Where does her faith and roots of Christianity come from?
(a) Her Catholic school.
(b) It appeared spontaneously.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her husband.
3. Why does Johanna become depressed?
(a) Damon does not return her feelings.
(b) Her mother has died.
(c) Darker spirits are very attracted to her and will not leave her be.
(d) Her sister has run away from home.
4. After her second encounter with Professor Koch, who does the author begin to see?
(a) The Little People.
(b) Beck because he comforts her.
(c) Damon because he comforts her.
(d) Professor Amelia.
5. What is missing about the author's upbringing?
(a) A close family unit.
(b) Lots of friends.
(d) The presence of religion.
6. Why does Johanna end her relationship with Beck?
(a) She does not love Beck.
(b) Beck cheats on her.
(c) Johanna's father intensely dislikes Beck.
(d) Beck is too involved in his studies.
7. Who are Johanna and Tom confronted by as they pull up to the house they are to visit?
(c) Dr. Carlos.
(d) Her father.
8. What does the author believe she has found after so many years of darkness?
(a) A place of peace.
(b) A safe haven from non believers.
(c) A man to protect her.
(d) A new religion.
9. What does the author believe her parents are responsible for?
(a) Exposing her to adult behavior.
(b) Darkness that is present during her early years.
(c) Allowing bad influences of other people to be present.
(d) Verbal abuse toward her and her sister.
10. How does the Mind Control program advertise itself to the public?
(a) A way to join forces with God.
(b) It offered relief from mental troubles and improved mental capacity.
(c) A religion.
(d) A new way of thinking about life.
11. What does the author introduce Damon to in the chapter, Damon?
(a) Tiresias and Mephistopheles.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her friend Beck.
(d) Her mother and father.
12. Where does Damon take the author on this excursion?
(a) To a graveyard.
(b) To a church.
(c) Out to dinner.
(d) To a dance.
13. Who is Mephistopheles?
(a) Another name for God.
(b) A statue given to the author by her Mother.
(c) An evil force present in Johanna's life.
(d) A town in Mexico.
14. What theater was the author performing in DC?
(a) The Met.
(b) Shakespeare Theater Company.
(c) Ford's Theatre.
(d) JFK Performing Arts Center.
15. Where does the author usually encounter fretful spirits?
(a) In graveyards.
(b) At school.
(c) In theater buildings.
(d) In her home town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of school did the author attend?
2. As the author looks at Pachita, what does she feel she is really seeing?
3. What leads her to accept Beck's marriage proposal?
4. In "The Intruder," what does the author hear to alert her of the being that follows her?
5. What does the author's interest in the occult do to her social life?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)