|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Wesleyan located?
(c) New York City.
2. On a narrative level, what does chapter one serve as for the rest of the book?
(a) A summary of the entire novel.
(b) A review of Christian values.
(c) Introduction to the rest of the author's story.
(d) A preface.
3. Eventually, who does the author believe is really controlling the minds of the mind control group?
(a) By Satan.
(b) An ancient God.
(c) A man.
4. Why does Johanna become depressed?
(a) Damon does not return her feelings.
(b) Darker spirits are very attracted to her and will not leave her be.
(c) Her sister has run away from home.
(d) Her mother has died.
5. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
(a) A woman famous for her spiritual powers.
(b) Pachita's relative.
(c) An evil priestess.
(d) Simply Johanna's aunt.
6. How does the author feel after the drugs have worn off?
(a) Tired and relieved.
(c) Angry with Damon.
(d) Like spirits are trapped inside of her.
7. What is the only true source of inspiration for true faith?
(a) Spiritual Guides.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Religious leaders.
(d) The Koran.
8. How did the nuns treat the author?
(a) The nuns were very caring.
(b) The nuns are extremely strict.
(c) The nuns shun Johanna because she is not Catholic.
(d) The nuns are in different towards Johanna.
9. What is missing about the author's upbringing?
(a) Lots of friends.
(b) The presence of religion.
(d) A close family unit.
10. What does the author introduce Damon to in the chapter, Damon?
(a) Her friend Beck.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother and father.
(d) Tiresias and Mephistopheles.
11. How does the Mind Control program advertise itself to the public?
(a) A way to join forces with God.
(b) A new way of thinking about life.
(c) A religion.
(d) It offered relief from mental troubles and improved mental capacity.
12. In "The Intruder," what does the author hear to alert her of the being that follows her?
(a) Grating, grinding noises.
(c) Shuffling feet.
(d) Sinister laughing.
13. What frightening encounter does she have at the theater at Wesleyan?
(a) A person attacks her while working late at night.
(b) She falls in a trap door.
(c) A male spirit haunts her.
(d) A female spirit haunts her.
14. What does Pachita keep on her alter?
(a) A clock.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A statue of the devil.
(d) A crucifix.
15. What is the author's focus at the end of "Angry Shadows?"
(a) Atonement for past sins.
(b) The author understands that her gifts may be from Satan.
(c) Repenting for her powers.
(d) Her gifts are a manifestation of God's spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Johanna and Tom confronted by as they pull up to the house they are to visit?
2. What does the author believe she has found after so many years of darkness?
3. What type of neighborhood does Johanna live in as a child?
4. What does Johanna envision her mind laboratory to be like?
5. What other of Johanna's powers have improved?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)