|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first, what did Mind Control mean to Johanna?
(a) A way to control her family.
(b) A way to control one's own mind.
(d) A way to make Damon love her again.
2. Where is Wesleyan located?
(a) New York City.
3. Eventually, who does the author believe is really controlling the minds of the mind control group?
(b) A man.
(c) An ancient God.
(d) By Satan.
4. What gets the author through her childhood and adulthood?
(a) Her fascination with acting.
(b) Her close group of friends.
(c) Her family's support.
(d) The feeling of comfort from the crucifix.
5. What do her encounters with spirits mean for the author?
(a) She feels as though she is going insane.
(b) Evil spirits looking to ruin her life.
(c) Her dead aunt's way of staying in touch.
(d) Manifestations of her connection with the spirit world.
6. How did the nuns treat the author?
(a) The nuns are extremely strict.
(b) The nuns are in different towards Johanna.
(c) The nuns were very caring.
(d) The nuns shun Johanna because she is not Catholic.
7. What or who is Teresias?
(a) A statue.
(b) Johanna's one and only friend.
(c) Johanna's first boyfriend.
(d) A special doll from her childhood.
8. After her second encounter with Professor Koch, who does the author begin to see?
(a) Professor Amelia.
(b) Damon because he comforts her.
(c) The Little People.
(d) Beck because he comforts her.
9. What other of Johanna's powers have improved?
(a) Brainwashing ability.
(b) Future telling.
(c) Mind reading ability.
(d) Her ability to mentally communicate across physical distances.
10. Who is chosen to be Johanna's first mentor?
(c) Jesus Christ.
(d) Sheila Bird.
11. Where does the author usually encounter fretful spirits?
(a) In her home town.
(b) In graveyards.
(c) In theater buildings.
(d) At school.
12. How do most occult practices present themselves?
(a) As a Godly, Christly influence.
(b) Safe and helpful.
(c) Dark and evil.
13. Where is Chapel Hill?
(a) In California.
(b) At the University of North Carloina.
(c) In Canada.
(d) A part of the Art Institute of Boston.
14. Chapters 2-9 mostly dealt with _______, setting a background for the story.
15. Who dies of occult like circumstances in "The Intruder?"
(a) A friend's father.
(b) Johanna's boyfriend.
(c) A bishop's son.
(d) Johanna's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reputation does she gain?
2. What flourished during the author's time at Wesleyan?
3. What does the reader have a clear understanding of at the end of Chapter 9?
4. What is missing about the author's upbringing?
5. According to the author, what is the true quality of the occult practice?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)