|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What frightening encounter does she have at the theater at Wesleyan?
(a) A female spirit haunts her.
(b) She falls in a trap door.
(c) A person attacks her while working late at night.
(d) A male spirit haunts her.
2. What does Johanna become very skilled in by working with Mind Control?
(a) Mind control.
(b) Physical healing.
(c) Mind reading.
(d) Psychic healing.
3. What gets the author through her childhood and adulthood?
(a) Her fascination with acting.
(b) Her close group of friends.
(c) Her family's support.
(d) The feeling of comfort from the crucifix.
4. This _____ is the story of experiences with the ____.
(a) Tale; illusionists.
(b) Narrative; occult.
(c) Story; soldiers.
(d) Narrative; mind controllers.
5. According to the author, what is the true quality of the occult practice?
(b) Deceptive nature.
6. How does the author feel when Jesus appears to her?
(d) Scared and confused.
7. How is Pachita's home described by Johanna?
(a) Dirty, messy, and decorated in dead roses.
(b) A large mansion.
(c) A small shack.
(d) Spotless and clean.
8. What is another and more sinister meaning of mind control?
(a) The group has no ill meanings.
(b) Controlling one's faith.
(c) Brainwashing other people.
(d) Giving yourself to Satan.
9. Brainwashing is ________.
(a) Changing your mind of your own free will.
(b) A coercive technique used to change beliefs.
(c) A spiritual meditation.
(d) Flushing your brain with fluids.
10. What is Tom's philosophy in teaching Mind Control?
(a) Not everyone is gifted enough to practice.
(c) It is an art.
(d) Participants can become aware of their potential to protect humanity.
11. What does the author insist is important in leading a long and good life?
(a) Adhering firmly to Christian faith.
(b) Quality time with friends.
(c) A balanced, healthy diet.
(d) Spending time with family.
12. What are the names of Johanna's two new male friends?
(a) Damon and Beck.
(b) Stanley and Tom.
(c) Eric and Jason.
(d) Tom and Carlos.
13. Where is Chapel Hill?
(a) In Canada.
(b) In California.
(c) A part of the Art Institute of Boston.
(d) At the University of North Carloina.
14. What makes the young author's life difficult?
(a) She is beaten by her parents.
(b) She hears voices and sees evil beings.
(c) She does not have many friends.
(d) She is not an attractive girl.
15. Where does Johanna's father find the mind control program?
(a) Through a church.
(b) On the internet.
(c) An ad in a magazine.
(d) In the newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in Washington D.C.?
2. What other of Johanna's powers have improved?
3. What reputation does she gain?
4. What is the atmosphere of the beginning of the book?
5. What is truly at the core of Pachita's work?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)