|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dr. Carlos?
(a) Powerful psychic and psychologist.
(b) Mind Control researcher.
(d) A respected doctor, priest, and supporter of Mind Control.
2. What makes the young author's life difficult?
(a) She does not have many friends.
(b) She is beaten by her parents.
(c) She is not an attractive girl.
(d) She hears voices and sees evil beings.
3. What frightening encounter does she have at the theater at Wesleyan?
(a) A person attacks her while working late at night.
(b) A male spirit haunts her.
(c) She falls in a trap door.
(d) A female spirit haunts her.
4. What is the metaphorical meaning of her pet snake?
(a) Snakes have long been aligned with God.
(b) It makes Johanna powerful.
(c) The snake is evil. It is the embodiment of Satan.
(d) Nothing. Johanna enjoys her pet snake.
5. Who is really in control of the minds working within the Mind Control group?
6. What does the author insist is important in leading a long and good life?
(a) Spending time with family.
(b) A balanced, healthy diet.
(c) Quality time with friends.
(d) Adhering firmly to Christian faith.
7. After her second encounter with Professor Koch, who does the author begin to see?
(a) Professor Amelia.
(b) Beck because he comforts her.
(c) Damon because he comforts her.
(d) The Little People.
8. What does she discover at Chapel Hill's theater?
(a) A friendly spirit named Professor Koch.
(b) A desire to write plays.
(c) A conspiracy theory.
(d) She is an amazing actress.
9. Because Johanna and Tom are late to the meeting, what does she miss?
(a) An important meeting.
(b) The assignment of a mentor.
(c) The chance to meet her husband.
(d) The operations scheduled for tonight.
10. Who is Johanna's second mentor?
(b) Her father.
(d) Dr. Carlos.
11. What theater was the author performing in DC?
(a) Shakespeare Theater Company.
(b) The Met.
(c) Ford's Theatre.
(d) JFK Performing Arts Center.
12. Who is Mephistopheles?
(a) A statue given to the author by her Mother.
(b) Another name for God.
(c) An evil force present in Johanna's life.
(d) A town in Mexico.
13. How do most occult practices present themselves?
(a) Safe and helpful.
(b) As a Godly, Christly influence.
(d) Dark and evil.
14. What is the atmosphere of the beginning of the book?
(a) Fun and whimsical.
(b) Mysterious and confused.
(c) Light and airy.
(d) Stormy, dark and oppressive.
15. In "The Intruder," what does the author hear to alert her of the being that follows her?
(a) Sinister laughing.
(c) Grating, grinding noises.
(d) Shuffling feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eventually, what is Johanna suggesting of the theater?
2. Brainwashing is ________.
3. What is her snake's names?
4. According to the author, what is the true quality of the occult practice?
5. What is missing about the author's upbringing?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)