|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
(a) Simply Johanna's aunt.
(b) An evil priestess.
(c) Pachita's relative.
(d) A woman famous for her spiritual powers.
2. Where does the author usually encounter fretful spirits?
(a) In theater buildings.
(b) In graveyards.
(c) At school.
(d) In her home town.
3. Chapters 2-9 mostly dealt with _______, setting a background for the story.
4. Who is Johanna's second mentor?
(b) Her father.
(c) Dr. Carlos.
5. After her second encounter with Professor Koch, who does the author begin to see?
(a) Beck because he comforts her.
(b) Damon because he comforts her.
(c) The Little People.
(d) Professor Amelia.
6. What does Teresias represent?
(a) A trusted companion.
(b) Evil and darkness.
(c) Goodness and light in Johanna's life.
7. Who does Johanna feel very connected to during her childhood?
(a) Her love of theater.
(b) Her school work.
(c) Her sister.
(d) The bishop's sons.
8. What frightening encounter does she have at the theater at Wesleyan?
(a) She falls in a trap door.
(b) A female spirit haunts her.
(c) A person attacks her while working late at night.
(d) A male spirit haunts her.
9. What does the author insist is important in leading a long and good life?
(a) Adhering firmly to Christian faith.
(b) Spending time with family.
(c) Quality time with friends.
(d) A balanced, healthy diet.
10. What do her encounters with spirits mean for the author?
(a) Her dead aunt's way of staying in touch.
(b) Evil spirits looking to ruin her life.
(c) She feels as though she is going insane.
(d) Manifestations of her connection with the spirit world.
11. What or who is Teresias?
(a) A special doll from her childhood.
(b) Johanna's one and only friend.
(c) Johanna's first boyfriend.
(d) A statue.
12. What does Johanna become very skilled in by working with Mind Control?
(a) Mind control.
(b) Physical healing.
(c) Psychic healing.
(d) Mind reading.
13. What other of Johanna's powers have improved?
(a) Brainwashing ability.
(b) Future telling.
(c) Mind reading ability.
(d) Her ability to mentally communicate across physical distances.
14. Who is chosen to be Johanna's first mentor?
(a) Jesus Christ.
(c) Sheila Bird.
15. What is Tom's philosophy in teaching Mind Control?
(a) It is an art.
(b) Not everyone is gifted enough to practice.
(c) Participants can become aware of their potential to protect humanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Johanna become depressed?
2. How does the author feel after the drugs have worn off?
3. At first, what did Mind Control mean to Johanna?
4. What does she discover at Chapel Hill's theater?
5. According to the author what does Pachita attempt to disguise her work as?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)