|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author insist is important in leading a long and good life?
(a) Adhering firmly to Christian faith.
(b) Quality time with friends.
(c) Spending time with family.
(d) A balanced, healthy diet.
2. Where does her faith and roots of Christianity come from?
(a) It appeared spontaneously.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her Catholic school.
(d) Her husband.
3. What is the author's search for Pachita representative of?
(a) The search for justice.
(b) A search for truth.
(c) Fleeing away from evil.
(d) The vileness of evil.
4. Why does Johanna end her relationship with Beck?
(a) Johanna's father intensely dislikes Beck.
(b) She does not love Beck.
(c) Beck cheats on her.
(d) Beck is too involved in his studies.
5. What is Cuauhtemoc?
(a) A god that Pachita worships.
(b) An Aztec prince.
(c) Tom's foreign cousin.
(d) Johanna's guardian.
6. Who is really in control of the minds working within the Mind Control group?
7. What does the author believe her parents are responsible for?
(a) Verbal abuse toward her and her sister.
(b) Darkness that is present during her early years.
(c) Exposing her to adult behavior.
(d) Allowing bad influences of other people to be present.
8. Brainwashing is ________.
(a) Changing your mind of your own free will.
(b) A spiritual meditation.
(c) A coercive technique used to change beliefs.
(d) Flushing your brain with fluids.
9. What does Beck help the author through?
(a) Her thesis project.
(b) Recovery from her attack.
(c) Horrifying experiences with evil spirits.
(d) Discovering God.
10. What is present on Pachita's alter?
(a) Cuauhtemoc, an Aztec warrior.
(b) St Joseph.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) A picture of her mother.
11. Who did Great Aunt Dixie feel would inherit her gift?
(a) A family member from Johanna's generation.
(b) Cousin Andy.
(c) Johanna's mother.
(d) Johanna's sister, Kim.
12. As the author looks at Pachita, what does she feel she is really seeing?
(a) The presence of God.
(b) A sinister satanic demon.
(c) A mentor and teacher.
(d) Evil forces.
13. What does Teresias represent?
(a) A trusted companion.
(c) Goodness and light in Johanna's life.
(d) Evil and darkness.
14. Who is Johanna's second mentor?
(b) Her father.
(d) Dr. Carlos.
15. What reputation does she gain?
(a) People believe she is a witch.
(b) She is very wise.
(c) She is promiscuous.
(d) People think she is strange.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Pachita's home described by Johanna?
2. What type of neighborhood does Johanna live in as a child?
3. Does the author seem to love her family?
4. How does the author feel when Jesus appears to her?
5. What does the first three quarters of the book concern itself with?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)