|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the author looks at Pachita, what does she feel she is really seeing?
(a) A sinister satanic demon.
(b) Evil forces.
(c) The presence of God.
(d) A mentor and teacher.
2. How is Pachita's home described by Johanna?
(a) A large mansion.
(b) Dirty, messy, and decorated in dead roses.
(c) Spotless and clean.
(d) A small shack.
3. What stories concerning her family is Johanna missing?
(a) Spending quality time.
(b) Going on vacations.
(c) Buying a family dog.
(d) Going to church.
4. How does the Mind Control program advertise itself to the public?
(a) A religion.
(b) A new way of thinking about life.
(c) A way to join forces with God.
(d) It offered relief from mental troubles and improved mental capacity.
5. What other of Johanna's powers have improved?
(a) Brainwashing ability.
(b) Her ability to mentally communicate across physical distances.
(c) Mind reading ability.
(d) Future telling.
6. What does Pachita keep on her alter?
(a) A clock.
(b) A crucifix.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A statue of the devil.
7. What or who is Teresias?
(a) A special doll from her childhood.
(b) Johanna's one and only friend.
(c) Johanna's first boyfriend.
(d) A statue.
8. After her second encounter with Professor Koch, who does the author begin to see?
(a) The Little People.
(b) Damon because he comforts her.
(c) Beck because he comforts her.
(d) Professor Amelia.
9. Because Johanna and Tom are late to the meeting, what does she miss?
(a) The operations scheduled for tonight.
(b) The assignment of a mentor.
(c) The chance to meet her husband.
(d) An important meeting.
10. How do most occult practices present themselves?
(a) Safe and helpful.
(b) As a Godly, Christly influence.
(c) Dark and evil.
11. Does the author seem to love her family?
(a) She loves her parents but does not get along with her sister.
(b) Yes, but with reservations.
(c) No, she feels trapped by them.
(d) Yes, but only her sister.
12. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
(a) Pachita's relative.
(b) Simply Johanna's aunt.
(c) An evil priestess.
(d) A woman famous for her spiritual powers.
13. What makes the young author's life difficult?
(a) She does not have many friends.
(b) She is beaten by her parents.
(c) She is not an attractive girl.
(d) She hears voices and sees evil beings.
14. In "The Intruder," what does the author hear to alert her of the being that follows her?
(a) Shuffling feet.
(b) Grating, grinding noises.
(c) Sinister laughing.
15. Where does the author usually encounter fretful spirits?
(a) In theater buildings.
(b) At school.
(c) In her home town.
(d) In graveyards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gets the author through her childhood and adulthood?
2. Who does Johanna feel very connected to during her childhood?
3. What reputation does she gain?
4. What is the author's focus at the end of "Angry Shadows?"
5. Who is Dr. Carlos?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)