|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom's philosophy in teaching Mind Control?
(b) Participants can become aware of their potential to protect humanity.
(c) It is an art.
(d) Not everyone is gifted enough to practice.
2. Is Johanna excited about the Mind Control program?
(a) No, she thinks it is a gimmick and wants to discover the truth.
(b) Yes, she sees it as a way to be helpful.
(c) No, but she feels pressured by her father to complete the program.
(d) Yes, it is a way to escape her father.
3. What stories concerning her family is Johanna missing?
(a) Going to church.
(b) Buying a family dog.
(c) Going on vacations.
(d) Spending quality time.
4. What is the only true source of inspiration for true faith?
(a) Spiritual Guides.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Koran.
(d) Religious leaders.
5. What are Tim's honest intentions in regards to the Mind Control program?
(a) Heal people and invite them into the program.
(b) He would like the program to grow and help millions.
(c) To do community service in the community.
(d) Helps participants become aware of their potential for helping the community.
6. What type of neighborhood does Johanna live in as a child?
(b) A farm.
7. Who does Johanna feel very connected to during her childhood?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her love of theater.
(c) Her school work.
(d) The bishop's sons.
8. In "The Encounter," what literary device is used many times?
9. Who is really in control of the minds working within the Mind Control group?
10. In "Mind Control," the author sees Jesus with a monstrous face. What does the author realize about this face?
(a) The face is a projection of fear.
(b) It is the true face of Satan impersonating Jesus.
(c) She does not think it is Jesus.
(d) It is an evil spirit.
11. Who is chosen to be Johanna's first mentor?
(a) Sheila Bird.
(c) Jesus Christ.
12. How does the author feel when Jesus appears to her?
(c) Scared and confused.
13. Why does Johanna become depressed?
(a) Her sister has run away from home.
(b) Darker spirits are very attracted to her and will not leave her be.
(c) Her mother has died.
(d) Damon does not return her feelings.
14. What does Damon get the author to do?
(a) Create a play with him.
(b) Take hallucinogenic drugs.
(c) Sleep with him.
(d) Try marijuana.
15. What are the names of Johanna's two new male friends?
(a) Tom and Carlos.
(b) Stanley and Tom.
(c) Eric and Jason.
(d) Damon and Beck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Johanna and Tom confronted by as they pull up to the house they are to visit?
2. What is the atmosphere of the beginning of the book?
3. What is the metaphorical meaning of her pet snake?
4. What do her encounters with spirits mean for the author?
5. What does the author introduce Damon to in the chapter, Damon?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)