|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Damon and Beck's names resemble?
(a) Dane and Reckoning.
(b) Dane and Beckon.
(c) Demon and Beckon.
(d) Dangerous and Reckoning.
2. What happens to Johanna at the end of college?
(a) She gets an internship with a friend of the family.
(b) Travels abroad.
(c) Returns to Mexico.
(d) She realizes that the theater is not safe for her.
3. Who is really in control of the minds working within the Mind Control group?
4. Because Johanna and Tom are late to the meeting, what does she miss?
(a) The assignment of a mentor.
(b) The operations scheduled for tonight.
(c) An important meeting.
(d) The chance to meet her husband.
5. Where is Chapel Hill?
(a) In Canada.
(b) A part of the Art Institute of Boston.
(c) At the University of North Carloina.
(d) In California.
6. What is Cuauhtemoc?
(a) An Aztec prince.
(b) A god that Pachita worships.
(c) Johanna's guardian.
(d) Tom's foreign cousin.
7. What is truly at the core of Pachita's work?
(a) God's grace.
(b) Pure evil.
8. What makes the young author's life difficult?
(a) She does not have many friends.
(b) She is not an attractive girl.
(c) She is beaten by her parents.
(d) She hears voices and sees evil beings.
9. Who dies of occult like circumstances in "The Intruder?"
(a) Johanna's boyfriend.
(b) Johanna's brother.
(c) A friend's father.
(d) A bishop's son.
10. Why does Johanna end her relationship with Beck?
(a) Johanna's father intensely dislikes Beck.
(b) Beck cheats on her.
(c) She does not love Beck.
(d) Beck is too involved in his studies.
11. What does the author eventually think of Pachita's "true work?"
(a) She wishes to be apart of Pachita's work.
(b) She wishes to heal as Pachita does.
(c) She wants to worship Pachita.
(d) Pachita's true work is evil.
12. What theater was the author performing in DC?
(a) The Met.
(b) JFK Performing Arts Center.
(c) Shakespeare Theater Company.
(d) Ford's Theatre.
13. What does Johanna envision her mind laboratory to be like?
(a) A luxurious room full of crystal.
(b) An indoor park.
(c) Her childhood bedroom.
(d) The theater at Chapel Hill.
14. What does Beck help the author through?
(a) Horrifying experiences with evil spirits.
(b) Recovery from her attack.
(c) Discovering God.
(d) Her thesis project.
15. What gets the author through her childhood and adulthood?
(a) Her family's support.
(b) Her fascination with acting.
(c) The feeling of comfort from the crucifix.
(d) Her close group of friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. At first, what does Johanna think the Mind Control program does?
2. What does the author insist is important in leading a long and good life?
3. How did the nuns treat the author?
4. As the author looks at Pachita, what does she feel she is really seeing?
5. What are these beings?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)