|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Damon take the author on this excursion?
(a) To a graveyard.
(b) Out to dinner.
(c) To a dance.
(d) To a church.
2. What is the only true source of inspiration for true faith?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Religious leaders.
(c) Spiritual Guides.
(d) The Koran.
3. What stories concerning her family is Johanna missing?
(a) Buying a family dog.
(b) Going to church.
(c) Going on vacations.
(d) Spending quality time.
4. How do most occult practices present themselves?
(a) As a Godly, Christly influence.
(b) Safe and helpful.
(c) Dark and evil.
5. Where is Wesleyan located?
(d) New York City.
6. What type of school did the author attend?
(a) A public Mexican school.
(b) Catholic School.
(c) Johanna was home schooled.
(d) A Jewish Day School.
7. What do Damon and Beck's names resemble?
(a) Dangerous and Reckoning.
(b) Dane and Beckon.
(c) Demon and Beckon.
(d) Dane and Reckoning.
8. Eventually, what is Johanna suggesting of the theater?
(a) The theater is a sanctuary.
(b) The theater is a kind of occult practice.
(c) The theater has great deals on movies.
(d) The theater is a comforting place.
9. Who is really in control of the minds working within the Mind Control group?
10. What is truly at the core of Pachita's work?
(a) Pure evil.
(b) God's grace.
11. Who is Mephistopheles?
(a) A town in Mexico.
(b) An evil force present in Johanna's life.
(c) Another name for God.
(d) A statue given to the author by her Mother.
12. This _____ is the story of experiences with the ____.
(a) Tale; illusionists.
(b) Narrative; mind controllers.
(c) Story; soldiers.
(d) Narrative; occult.
13. What is the last part of the entire book about?
(a) A call to arms for God's people.
(b) The occult's winnings.
(c) Unity of mind controllers.
(d) A warning against the occult.
14. What type of neighborhood does Johanna live in as a child?
(d) A farm.
15. What is missing about the author's upbringing?
(a) The presence of religion.
(c) A close family unit.
(d) Lots of friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brainwashing is ________.
2. What is another and more sinister meaning of mind control?
3. As the author looks at Pachita, what does she feel she is really seeing?
4. At first, what does Johanna think the Mind Control program does?
5. On a narrative level, what does chapter one serve as for the rest of the book?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)