|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is present on Pachita's alter?
(a) The Virgin Mary.
(b) A picture of her mother.
(c) Cuauhtemoc, an Aztec warrior.
(d) St Joseph.
2. What type of school did the author attend?
(a) A Jewish Day School.
(b) A public Mexican school.
(c) Johanna was home schooled.
(d) Catholic School.
3. Brainwashing is ________.
(a) Changing your mind of your own free will.
(b) A spiritual meditation.
(c) Flushing your brain with fluids.
(d) A coercive technique used to change beliefs.
4. What is another and more sinister meaning of mind control?
(a) Brainwashing other people.
(b) The group has no ill meanings.
(c) Giving yourself to Satan.
(d) Controlling one's faith.
5. Who dies of occult like circumstances in "The Intruder?"
(a) Johanna's boyfriend.
(b) A bishop's son.
(c) A friend's father.
(d) Johanna's brother.
6. Who is really in control of the minds working within the Mind Control group?
7. How does the Mind Control program advertise itself to the public?
(a) A way to join forces with God.
(b) A religion.
(c) It offered relief from mental troubles and improved mental capacity.
(d) A new way of thinking about life.
8. At the beginning of "The Encounter," why is the author frustrated?
(a) She lost a bet.
(b) She failed a test.
(c) She is late for a meeting with Pachita.
(d) She has just lost her boyfriend.
9. What flourished during the author's time at Wesleyan?
(a) Her ability to make friends.
(b) Her acting ability.
(c) Her love of boys.
(d) Her interest in theater and occultism.
10. Does the author have many happy memories of being with her family as a child?
(a) No, she could not stand being around her sister.
(b) Yes she does but she feels as though something is missing.
(c) No, her parents were very cruel to their children.
(d) Yes, but only with her sister.
11. How does the author feel when Jesus appears to her?
(b) Scared and confused.
12. What is the only true source of inspiration for true faith?
(a) The Koran.
(b) Religious leaders.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Spiritual Guides.
13. After her second encounter with Professor Koch, who does the author begin to see?
(a) Damon because he comforts her.
(b) The Little People.
(c) Beck because he comforts her.
(d) Professor Amelia.
14. What is the author's focus at the end of "Angry Shadows?"
(a) Repenting for her powers.
(b) Atonement for past sins.
(c) Her gifts are a manifestation of God's spirit.
(d) The author understands that her gifts may be from Satan.
15. How does the author feel after the drugs have worn off?
(a) Like spirits are trapped inside of her.
(c) Tired and relieved.
(d) Angry with Damon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are these beings?
2. According to the author what does Pachita attempt to disguise her work as?
3. How did the evil being that lives in Johanna's house effect Johanna's life?
4. Who is chosen to be Johanna's first mentor?
5. What does the author believe she has found after so many years of darkness?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)