|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are these beings?
(a) Large, overwhelming beings.
(b) Creations of Johanna's imagination.
(c) They do not actually exist.
(d) Very small, ruddy looking creatures.
2. How does the Mind Control program advertise itself to the public?
(a) A way to join forces with God.
(b) A new way of thinking about life.
(c) A religion.
(d) It offered relief from mental troubles and improved mental capacity.
3. Where is Wesleyan located?
(c) New York City.
4. What theater was the author performing in DC?
(a) Ford's Theatre.
(b) Shakespeare Theater Company.
(c) JFK Performing Arts Center.
(d) The Met.
5. Eventually, who does the author believe is really controlling the minds of the mind control group?
(a) A man.
(b) By Satan.
(d) An ancient God.
6. What happens in Washington D.C.?
(a) Johanna fights with Damon.
(b) A spirit violently attacked her.
(c) She gets injured while acting.
(d) A professor tries to take advantage of her.
7. Does the author seem to love her family?
(a) Yes, but with reservations.
(b) No, she feels trapped by them.
(c) She loves her parents but does not get along with her sister.
(d) Yes, but only her sister.
8. Who did Great Aunt Dixie feel would inherit her gift?
(a) A family member from Johanna's generation.
(b) Cousin Andy.
(c) Johanna's sister, Kim.
(d) Johanna's mother.
9. What do her encounters with spirits mean for the author?
(a) Manifestations of her connection with the spirit world.
(b) Her dead aunt's way of staying in touch.
(c) She feels as though she is going insane.
(d) Evil spirits looking to ruin her life.
10. While the rest of the book will be dark, what does the author give the reader a glimpse of at the end of the chapter?
(a) The vitality of youth.
(c) Faith is a forgotten feeling.
(d) The evil that lurks within us all.
11. What is Tom's philosophy in teaching Mind Control?
(a) Not everyone is gifted enough to practice.
(b) Participants can become aware of their potential to protect humanity.
(d) It is an art.
12. Why does Johanna become depressed?
(a) Her mother has died.
(b) Damon does not return her feelings.
(c) Her sister has run away from home.
(d) Darker spirits are very attracted to her and will not leave her be.
13. According to the author, what is the true quality of the occult practice?
(a) Deceptive nature.
14. What is truly at the core of Pachita's work?
(c) Pure evil.
(d) God's grace.
15. What does Beck help the author through?
(a) Horrifying experiences with evil spirits.
(b) Discovering God.
(c) Her thesis project.
(d) Recovery from her attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do most occult practices present themselves?
2. Is Johanna excited about the Mind Control program?
3. What is present on Pachita's alter?
4. What does the author believe she has found after so many years of darkness?
5. What is Cuauhtemoc?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)