Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On a narrative level, what does chapter one serve as for the rest of the book?
(a) Introduction to the rest of the author's story.
(b) A preface.
(c) A summary of the entire novel.
(d) A review of Christian values.
2. What is missing about the author's upbringing?
(a) Lots of friends.
(b) The presence of religion.
(d) A close family unit.
3. How is Pachita's home described by Johanna?
(a) Spotless and clean.
(b) A large mansion.
(c) Dirty, messy, and decorated in dead roses.
(d) A small shack.
4. Who is Mephistopheles?
(a) A statue given to the author by her Mother.
(b) An evil force present in Johanna's life.
(c) Another name for God.
(d) A town in Mexico.
5. How did the evil being that lives in Johanna's house effect Johanna's life?
(a) She ignores the evil beings.
(b) Causes grotesque events to happen.
(c) There is no evil being.
(d) The evil being haunts Johanna at home but not when she is out with friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Intruder," what does the author hear to alert her of the being that follows her?
2. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
3. Does the author have many happy memories of being with her family as a child?
4. Who did Great Aunt Dixie feel would inherit her gift?
5. What is the only true source of inspiration for true faith?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)