|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Johanna end her relationship with Beck?
(a) She does not love Beck.
(b) Beck is too involved in his studies.
(c) Beck cheats on her.
(d) Johanna's father intensely dislikes Beck.
2. What is another and more sinister meaning of mind control?
(a) Controlling one's faith.
(b) Brainwashing other people.
(c) Giving yourself to Satan.
(d) The group has no ill meanings.
3. What is the author's search for Pachita representative of?
(a) Fleeing away from evil.
(b) The vileness of evil.
(c) The search for justice.
(d) A search for truth.
4. What is the only true source of inspiration for true faith?
(a) Religious leaders.
(b) The Koran.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Spiritual Guides.
5. During Johanna's friend's operation, how does Hermanito save him?
(a) Conjuring more powerful spirits to heal him.
(c) By conducting a blood transfusion.
(d) A heart replacement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What operations does she witness?
2. According to the author, what does the occult's growing influence and presence represent?
3. At the beginning of "The Encounter," why is the author frustrated?
4. Who was the author unable to connect with?
5. What is Johanna's father concerned about at the beginning of Chapter 10?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)