|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flourished during the author's time at Wesleyan?
(a) Her interest in theater and occultism.
(b) Her love of boys.
(c) Her ability to make friends.
(d) Her acting ability.
2. Does Johanna ever see Pachita again after visiting Europe?
(a) Yes, only to collect her things.
(b) No, because she cannot bare the thought.
(c) No she stops seeing her with haste.
(d) Yes, but only to tell her the truth she has discovered.
3. What does the author fail to do as her stay begins to move away from being strictly narrative?
(a) Stay strong.
(b) Stay positive.
(c) Change her mind.
(d) Keep objectivity.
4. Brainwashing is ________.
(a) A spiritual meditation.
(b) Changing your mind of your own free will.
(c) Flushing your brain with fluids.
(d) A coercive technique used to change beliefs.
5. What is Johanna's father concerned about at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) His job.
(b) Her work with Pachita.
(c) His daughters' relationships.
(d) His wife's help.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Mind Control," the author sees Jesus with a monstrous face. What does the author realize about this face?
2. What of the author's shift in this section?
3. What does Beck help the author through?
4. As the chapter ends, what is Johanna richer with?
5. What does the reader have a clear understanding of at the end of Chapter 9?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)