|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only true source of inspiration for true faith?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Religious leaders.
(c) The Koran.
(d) Spiritual Guides.
2. What does she discover at Chapel Hill's theater?
(a) A desire to write plays.
(b) She is an amazing actress.
(c) A friendly spirit named Professor Koch.
(d) A conspiracy theory.
3. What is the metaphorical meaning of her pet snake?
(a) It makes Johanna powerful.
(b) The snake is evil. It is the embodiment of Satan.
(c) Snakes have long been aligned with God.
(d) Nothing. Johanna enjoys her pet snake.
4. Eventually, what is Johanna suggesting of the theater?
(a) The theater is a sanctuary.
(b) The theater is a comforting place.
(c) The theater is a kind of occult practice.
(d) The theater has great deals on movies.
5. What does the author believe her parents are responsible for?
(a) Verbal abuse toward her and her sister.
(b) Darkness that is present during her early years.
(c) Allowing bad influences of other people to be present.
(d) Exposing her to adult behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. On a narrative level, what does chapter one serve as for the rest of the book?
2. What type of school did the author attend?
3. According to the author, what is the true quality of the occult practice?
4. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
5. At the beginning of "The Encounter," why is the author frustrated?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)