|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mephistopheles?
(a) A statue given to the author by her Mother.
(b) Another name for God.
(c) An evil force present in Johanna's life.
(d) A town in Mexico.
2. What is the metaphorical meaning of her pet snake?
(a) Nothing. Johanna enjoys her pet snake.
(b) It makes Johanna powerful.
(c) Snakes have long been aligned with God.
(d) The snake is evil. It is the embodiment of Satan.
3. As the author looks at Pachita, what does she feel she is really seeing?
(a) The presence of God.
(b) A sinister satanic demon.
(c) A mentor and teacher.
(d) Evil forces.
4. What reputation does she gain?
(a) She is very wise.
(b) People believe she is a witch.
(c) She is promiscuous.
(d) People think she is strange.
5. Where does Damon take the author on this excursion?
(a) To a dance.
(b) To a church.
(c) To a graveyard.
(d) Out to dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Chapel Hill?
2. What does the author's interest in the occult do to her social life?
3. What does the author insist is important in leading a long and good life?
4. What is her snake's names?
5. What makes the young author's life difficult?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)