|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Damon get the author to do?
(a) Take hallucinogenic drugs.
(b) Try marijuana.
(c) Create a play with him.
(d) Sleep with him.
2. What is missing about the author's upbringing?
(a) The presence of religion.
(b) Lots of friends.
(d) A close family unit.
3. What does Teresias represent?
(a) A trusted companion.
(c) Evil and darkness.
(d) Goodness and light in Johanna's life.
4. Who does Johanna feel very connected to during her childhood?
(a) The bishop's sons.
(b) Her love of theater.
(c) Her school work.
(d) Her sister.
5. On a narrative level, what does chapter one serve as for the rest of the book?
(a) A preface.
(b) A summary of the entire novel.
(c) Introduction to the rest of the author's story.
(d) A review of Christian values.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flourished during the author's time at Wesleyan?
2. What is the atmosphere of the beginning of the book?
3. What is the last part of the entire book about?
4. What does she discover at Chapel Hill's theater?
5. Does the author seem to love her family?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)