|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effects do crucifixes and crosses have on the author?
(a) She does not notice them.
(b) They stir up angry feelings.
(c) They provide calmness in her chaotic life.
(d) She is confused by the crucifix.
2. What or who is Teresias?
(a) Johanna's one and only friend.
(b) Johanna's first boyfriend.
(c) A statue.
(d) A special doll from her childhood.
3. What is the author's search for Pachita representative of?
(a) The vileness of evil.
(b) A search for truth.
(c) The search for justice.
(d) Fleeing away from evil.
4. Where does her faith and roots of Christianity come from?
(a) It appeared spontaneously.
(b) Her Catholic school.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her husband.
5. After her second encounter with Professor Koch, who does the author begin to see?
(a) The Little People.
(b) Professor Amelia.
(c) Beck because he comforts her.
(d) Damon because he comforts her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Damon take the author on this excursion?
2. What happens in Washington D.C.?
3. What is the metaphorical meaning of her pet snake?
4. What is present on Pachita's alter?
5. What was present in the author's family situation before she was born?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)