|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effects do crucifixes and crosses have on the author?
(a) She is confused by the crucifix.
(b) They provide calmness in her chaotic life.
(c) They stir up angry feelings.
(d) She does not notice them.
2. In "The Encounter," what literary device is used many times?
3. What is her snake's names?
4. What type of neighborhood does Johanna live in as a child?
(c) A farm.
5. What is the only true source of inspiration for true faith?
(a) The Koran.
(b) Religious leaders.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Spiritual Guides.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Pachita's home described by Johanna?
2. Where is Chapel Hill?
3. What does Teresias represent?
4. Where does her faith and roots of Christianity come from?
5. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)