|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Great Aunt Dixie feel would inherit her gift?
(a) Johanna's sister, Kim.
(b) A family member from Johanna's generation.
(c) Johanna's mother.
(d) Cousin Andy.
2. According to the author, what is the true quality of the occult practice?
(d) Deceptive nature.
3. On a narrative level, what does chapter one serve as for the rest of the book?
(a) A preface.
(b) Introduction to the rest of the author's story.
(c) A review of Christian values.
(d) A summary of the entire novel.
4. At the beginning of "The Encounter," why is the author frustrated?
(a) She failed a test.
(b) She lost a bet.
(c) She is late for a meeting with Pachita.
(d) She has just lost her boyfriend.
5. What does the author believe she has found after so many years of darkness?
(a) A safe haven from non believers.
(b) A new religion.
(c) A man to protect her.
(d) A place of peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of school did the author attend?
2. What is present on Pachita's alter?
3. What does she discover at Chapel Hill's theater?
4. Who is Mephistopheles?
5. What are the names of Johanna's two new male friends?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)