|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the author's search for Pachita representative of?
(a) Fleeing away from evil.
(b) The vileness of evil.
(c) The search for justice.
(d) A search for truth.
2. Why does Johanna become depressed?
(a) Darker spirits are very attracted to her and will not leave her be.
(b) Her sister has run away from home.
(c) Her mother has died.
(d) Damon does not return her feelings.
3. What does the author introduce Damon to in the chapter, Damon?
(a) Her friend Beck.
(b) Tiresias and Mephistopheles.
(c) Her mother and father.
(d) Her sister.
4. After her second encounter with Professor Koch, who does the author begin to see?
(a) The Little People.
(b) Damon because he comforts her.
(c) Professor Amelia.
(d) Beck because he comforts her.
5. What does Pachita keep on her alter?
(a) A clock.
(b) A crucifix.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A statue of the devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author usually encounter fretful spirits?
2. What type of school did the author attend?
3. What is the atmosphere of the beginning of the book?
4. What do Damon and Beck's names resemble?
5. What is missing about the author's upbringing?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)