|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On a narrative level, what does chapter one serve as for the rest of the book?
(a) A review of Christian values.
(b) Introduction to the rest of the author's story.
(c) A summary of the entire novel.
(d) A preface.
2. What are these beings?
(a) They do not actually exist.
(b) Very small, ruddy looking creatures.
(c) Large, overwhelming beings.
(d) Creations of Johanna's imagination.
3. What makes the young author's life difficult?
(a) She is beaten by her parents.
(b) She is not an attractive girl.
(c) She does not have many friends.
(d) She hears voices and sees evil beings.
4. What is the only true source of inspiration for true faith?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Religious leaders.
(c) Spiritual Guides.
(d) The Koran.
5. How did the evil being that lives in Johanna's house effect Johanna's life?
(a) There is no evil being.
(b) The evil being haunts Johanna at home but not when she is out with friends.
(c) Causes grotesque events to happen.
(d) She ignores the evil beings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Johanna become depressed?
2. What does the author believe her parents are responsible for?
3. Does the author seem to love her family?
4. While the rest of the book will be dark, what does the author give the reader a glimpse of at the end of the chapter?
5. Who is Mephistopheles?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)