|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cuauhtemoc?
(a) Johanna's guardian.
(b) A god that Pachita worships.
(c) An Aztec prince.
(d) Tom's foreign cousin.
2. What is the atmosphere of the beginning of the book?
(a) Mysterious and confused.
(b) Light and airy.
(c) Stormy, dark and oppressive.
(d) Fun and whimsical.
3. What is the author's focus at the end of "Angry Shadows?"
(a) Her gifts are a manifestation of God's spirit.
(b) Repenting for her powers.
(c) Atonement for past sins.
(d) The author understands that her gifts may be from Satan.
4. What does the author believe her parents are responsible for?
(a) Exposing her to adult behavior.
(b) Darkness that is present during her early years.
(c) Verbal abuse toward her and her sister.
(d) Allowing bad influences of other people to be present.
5. Who dies of occult like circumstances in "The Intruder?"
(a) Johanna's boyfriend.
(b) A bishop's son.
(c) Johanna's brother.
(d) A friend's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pachita keep on her alter?
2. What do her encounters with spirits mean for the author?
3. What does the author eventually think of Pachita's "true work?"
4. Eventually, what is Johanna suggesting of the theater?
5. While the rest of the book will be dark, what does the author give the reader a glimpse of at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)