|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does the author have many happy memories of being with her family as a child?
(a) Yes she does but she feels as though something is missing.
(b) Yes, but only with her sister.
(c) No, she could not stand being around her sister.
(d) No, her parents were very cruel to their children.
2. What does Pachita keep on her alter?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A statue of the devil.
(c) A crucifix.
(d) A clock.
3. Who is Mephistopheles?
(a) Another name for God.
(b) An evil force present in Johanna's life.
(c) A town in Mexico.
(d) A statue given to the author by her Mother.
4. What are these beings?
(a) Very small, ruddy looking creatures.
(b) They do not actually exist.
(c) Creations of Johanna's imagination.
(d) Large, overwhelming beings.
5. What type of school did the author attend?
(a) Johanna was home schooled.
(b) A Jewish Day School.
(c) A public Mexican school.
(d) Catholic School.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is truly at the core of Pachita's work?
2. After her second encounter with Professor Koch, who does the author begin to see?
3. What flourished during the author's time at Wesleyan?
4. As the author looks at Pachita, what does she feel she is really seeing?
5. What or who is Teresias?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)