|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Teresias represent?
(a) Goodness and light in Johanna's life.
(c) Evil and darkness.
(d) A trusted companion.
2. What makes the young author's life difficult?
(a) She is not an attractive girl.
(b) She is beaten by her parents.
(c) She hears voices and sees evil beings.
(d) She does not have many friends.
3. What type of neighborhood does Johanna live in as a child?
(b) A farm.
4. According to the author what does Pachita attempt to disguise her work as?
(a) Pagan rituals.
(d) God's work.
5. What gets the author through her childhood and adulthood?
(a) Her close group of friends.
(b) Her fascination with acting.
(c) Her family's support.
(d) The feeling of comfort from the crucifix.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Chapel Hill?
2. How did the evil being that lives in Johanna's house effect Johanna's life?
3. What do her encounters with spirits mean for the author?
4. Because Johanna and Tom are late to the meeting, what does she miss?
5. What is missing about the author's upbringing?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)