1. Compare the characters of Damon and Beck.
2. How are they similar and different from one another?
3. Why do you think the author chose to use pseudonyms for both characters?
4. Explain the term literary "foil." How does the author establish Damon and Beck to be foils for one another?
A theme of deception and disguise has a very powerful presence throughout the book. Choose two of the characters below and describe how they successfully or unsuccessfully mask their true selves.
Throughout the book, the author uses various tones to discuss her spiritual journey. Choose two different sections of the book and analyze the tone. How does the author's voice change between the two sections?
Ultimately, Johanna comes to believe that the theater is related to occult-like behavior.
1. How do Johanna's personal experiences in theaters, cause her to draw this conclusion?
2. Describe two specific...
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)