Essay Topic 1
1. Compare the characters of Damon and Beck.
2. How are they similar and different from one another?
3. Why do you think the author chose to use pseudonyms for both characters?
4. Explain the term literary "foil." How does the author establish Damon and Beck to be foils for one another?
Essay Topic 2
A theme of deception and disguise has a very powerful presence throughout the book. Choose two of the characters below and describe how they successfully or unsuccessfully mask their true selves.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, the author uses various tones to discuss her spiritual journey. Choose two different sections of the book and analyze the tone. How does the author's voice change between the two sections?
Essay Topic 4
Ultimately, Johanna comes to believe that the theater is related to occult-like behavior.
1. How do Johanna's personal...
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)