|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Franklin's men were leaving this area, how many farmers approached them and asked for guns for protection?
2. Which organization awarded Franklin an honorary membership and a gold medal?
3. Who was Franklin's friend that suggested they build a town hospital?
4. Braddock and the troops were sent for what two reasons?
5. Franklin set out to England anyway but was delayed in New York for how long as he missed his ship due to Loudoun's visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Franklin describe his trip across the ocean?
2. What was the initial activity of this militia supported by taxpayers?
3. In terms of libeling, what guidelines did Franklin note he printed his newspaper by?
4. What transpired when the colonies proposed their united government to the British crown?
5. What was the analogy Franklin related between religion and fog?
6. What did Franklin have to say about his almanac?
7. What was Franklin's involvement in Philadelphia's first town hospital?
8. How did Franklin respond to the British reaction to their suspicions of the American colonies?
9. What transpired subsequent to Franklin's pursuit of the office of justice of the peace?
10. What were some of the improvements to Philadelphia that Franklin participated in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Franklin relate about his own father that perhaps reflected on his relationship with his son, William?
Essay Topic 2
How can it be said that Franklin was not only a noted writer but also a skilled satirist who was not fully appreciated in his day? What techniques did he use to execute his skill in criticizing others with humor in a variety of topical issues, especially in regard to politics?
Essay Topic 3
What course did Franklin pursue to initially get and remain published when still a teenager? How did his writing progress under his first publisher?
This section contains 1,144 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)