|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which department did Franklin lobby for in Philadelphia that other cities simulated but he claimed was the best?
2. Two expenses that the colonists sought repayment of were what?
3. What public position did Franklin first achieve?
4. As he became acquainted with the new governor, Franklin learned who was not only still alive but was seen as one of the best political writers in England?
5. Franklin's men complied, but it rained, and how many of the farmers were killed due to guns that failed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Franklin's proposal given France's increasing threat to the American colonies?
2. What personal problems did Franklin sustain as a result of his delaying his trip to England to negotiate with Lord Loudoun?
3. What did the colonies do subsequent to the initial two troops serving under General Braddock?
4. What was one instance Franklin related about government officials skirting the technicalities of legal requirements?
5. When troubles arose between the Assembly and Captain Denny, what initially took place when Lord Loudoun was sent over from England?
6. What was Franklin's involvement in Philadelphia's first town hospital?
7. What did Franklin relate regarding his appointment to the position of clerk of the General Assembly?
8. What was Franklin's connection with the study of electricity?
9. What transpired subsequent to Franklin's pursuit of the office of justice of the peace?
10. How did Franklin describe his trip across the ocean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Franklin approach his relationship with Miss Read from the time they initially met? How did it evolve?
Essay Topic 2
What steps did Franklin take toward ensuring he remained factual throughout his autobiography?
Essay Topic 3
Encyclopedias and professional works include soldier among Franklin's many other credits. How did he execute this role? What accomplishments are to his credit as a military leader?
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)