|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The governor and Franklin sat down with Loudoun and discussed their arguments, and Franklin took what position for the Assembly?
2. Franklin said it made more sense to start at the beginning and learn which language?
3. Where did Mr. Whitefield move on to from Philadelphia?
4. What bad news prompted Franklin to go to Boston again?
5. Franklin's son died of smallpox at what age?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the result of some farmers' request as Franklin's militia prepared to leave the territory?
2. What was one instance Franklin related about government officials skirting the technicalities of legal requirements?
3. What was the analogy Franklin related between religion and fog?
4. What sort of education system did Franklin develop?
5. What was the initial activity of this militia supported by taxpayers?
6. What was Franklin's proposal given France's increasing threat to the American colonies?
7. What transpired subsequent to Franklin's pursuit of the office of justice of the peace?
8. When troubles arose between the Assembly and Captain Denny, what initially took place when Lord Loudoun was sent over from England?
9. What was Franklin's approach to Captain Denny upon his arrival from England?
10. What were some of the improvements to Philadelphia that Franklin participated in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Franklin was a major figure in the American Enlightenment as reflected by what in his autobiography?
Essay Topic 2
How did Franklin approach his relationship with Miss Read from the time they initially met? How did it evolve?
Essay Topic 3
Encyclopedias and professional works include soldier among Franklin's many other credits. How did he execute this role? What accomplishments are to his credit as a military leader?
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)