|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which organization awarded Franklin an honorary membership and a gold medal?
2. What project did Franklin undertake subsequent to the public hospital?
3. What did Mr. Whitefield construct a large building for?
4. Franklin noted his kite experiment, which he was proud to see written about where?
5. The governor and Franklin sat down with Loudoun and discussed their arguments, and Franklin took what position for the Assembly?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Franklin respond to the British reaction to their suspicions of the American colonies?
2. What sort of education system did Franklin develop?
3. What was the analogy Franklin related between religion and fog?
4. What was the result of some farmers' request as Franklin's militia prepared to leave the territory?
5. What did Franklin relate regarding his famous Franklin stove?
6. What was Franklin's connection with the study of electricity?
7. What disturbed Franklin regarding the British capability to defend the colonies?
8. What did Franklin have to say about his almanac?
9. What did the colonies do subsequent to the initial two troops serving under General Braddock?
10. What was Franklin's proposal given France's increasing threat to the American colonies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although his formal schooling was limited, Franklin was a noted polymath. In his autobiography, which function brought him the most satisfaction? What reasons support the your answer?
Essay Topic 2
Encyclopedias and professional works include soldier among Franklin's many other credits. How did he execute this role? What accomplishments are to his credit as a military leader?
Essay Topic 3
What were the thirteen virtues Franklin pursued as his way of life? Select one of the thirteen virtues and relate why you believe he felt this was one significant enough to include. How did he approach these virtues? How did he feel the others fared in the interim and why?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)