|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Franklin institute using the building that Mr. Whitefield built?
2. Franklin undertook the improvement of law enforcement, including the appointment of non-biased policemen and what else?
3. The British troops' march was disastrous and most of the men were killed or wounded, and the rest fled back where?
4. Franklin recorded they arrived in London on July 27 of what year?
5. What did the new governor present to Franklin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Franklin relate regarding his appointment to the position of clerk of the General Assembly?
2. What transpired when the colonies proposed their united government to the British crown?
3. When troubles arose between the Assembly and Captain Denny, what initially took place when Lord Loudoun was sent over from England?
4. What were some of the improvements to Philadelphia that Franklin participated in?
5. What was one instance Franklin related about government officials skirting the technicalities of legal requirements?
6. What sort of education system did Franklin develop?
7. What was Franklin's connection with the study of electricity?
8. What was Franklin able to do once he had sold most of his businesses?
9. What was the result of some farmers' request as Franklin's militia prepared to leave the territory?
10. What personal problems did Franklin sustain as a result of his delaying his trip to England to negotiate with Lord Loudoun?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What course did Franklin pursue to initially get and remain published when still a teenager? How did his writing progress under his first publisher?
Essay Topic 2
What were the various steps that Franklin took to aid his nephew upon the death of James Franklin, the youth's father and Benjamin's brother? What were the reasons he noted that motivated him to do this?
Essay Topic 3
While many looked up to Franklin, who were individuals he respected? What traits did they have that he admired?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)