|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. There was soon much frustration between the Assembly and the governor, so Franklin was sent to England to appeal about what?
2. What did the new governor present to Franklin?
3. Braddock and the troops were sent for what two reasons?
4. What did Franklin regret about his son who died?
5. Franklin recorded they arrived in London on July 27 of what year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the accomplishments Franklin had to praise about the Reverend Mr. Whitefield?
2. What was one instance Franklin related about government officials skirting the technicalities of legal requirements?
3. When troubles arose between the Assembly and Captain Denny, what initially took place when Lord Loudoun was sent over from England?
4. What did Franklin relate regarding his appointment to the position of clerk of the General Assembly?
5. What transpired when the colonies proposed their united government to the British crown?
6. What did Franklin relate regarding his famous Franklin stove?
7. In terms of libeling, what guidelines did Franklin note he printed his newspaper by?
8. What did the colonies do subsequent to the initial two troops serving under General Braddock?
9. What did Franklin have to say about his almanac?
10. What was Franklin able to do once he had sold most of his businesses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Was Franklin the epitome of a Renaissance man or merely a man with multiple interests?
Essay Topic 2
Franklin was a major figure in the American Enlightenment as reflected by what in his autobiography?
Essay Topic 3
What topic did Franklin devote more of his attention toward than any other in his work? Other than being a topic of significant interest to him, why did he focus so long on this aspect?
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)