|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. En route back to Philadelphia his first time, Franklin went to New York to meet Collins and took what with him?
(a) His letter of referral.
(b) His father's Bible.
(c) A gold watch.
(d) Both his and Collins' books.
2. What was it Franklin did after the contact made his recommendation?
(a) Took a job at Pallone's print shop.
(b) Took a job at "The London Times".
(c) Took a job at Palmer's print house.
(d) Spent all his remaining money on lavish celebration.
3. Franklin took a new job at what wages?
(c) Equal wages, but longer hours.
4. How many virtues did Franklin live by from his twenties?
5. What did Franklin convince a number of men to do?
(a) Stop gambling.
(b) Stop drinking.
(c) Stop paying.
(d) Pay a lesser amount.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who found Franklin in Philadelphia and encouraged him to return home?
2. These three elements Franklin discovered as essential to a happy individual became what for him?
3. Why did the contact recommend this to Franklin?
4. What was the title of the pamphlet Franklin wrote about paper money, a raging debate at the time?
5. What was Franklin's response to those who played pranks on him when he did not pay into the pot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the way of employment for Franklin when Mr. Denham died suddenly?
2. What did Franklin learn about Governor Keith upon his return to Philadelphia following 18 months away in London?
3. How did Franklin nearly come to stay in London just before his departure for America?
4. What problem did Franklin encounter with a community beer till at Watt's?
5. Where was Franklin among the children his father, Josiah, had?
6. What was Franklin's response to Keimer's newspaper?
7. How did Franklin approach going to church after a minister friend convinced him to attend his services?
8. What did Franklin later do in regard to Keimer's newspaper?
9. What work experience did Franklin gain in London?
10. What did Franklin confess he would have done regarding the details of his story but lacked the talent to accomplish?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)