|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David Henry turned down an offer of a partnership with Franklin, but eventually had to close his business for what reason?
(a) He went to jail for refusing to reveal a source.
(b) Poor money management.
(c) He married and moved.
(d) Poor health.
2. Franklin regretted Miss Read's unfortunate marriage and did what?
(a) Set to pursue a platonic relationship.
(b) Set to resume their old relationship.
(c) Set to pursue a platonic relationship while he dated others.
(d) Set to resume a platonic relationship, but both still dated others.
3. What did Franklin's new friend, Ralph, admit to him?
(a) He was anxious to return to his wife, but had no money.
(b) He did not plan to return to his wife.
(c) He worried about his wife who was in fragile health.
(d) He had a good bit of money he planned to spend gambling.
4. Which colonial government was Franklin printing these documents for?
(b) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
5. In what other fields of employment did Franklin note some eventually found interest?
(a) Military and political.
(b) Legal and political.
(c) Legal and medical.
(d) Financial and medical.
Short Answer Questions
1. Josiah Franklin took his first wife and three children to America where they had how many more?
2. Franklin believed in God and attended church how frequently?
3. Upon Franklin's promotion, what happened to the community ante?
4. Who offered to outfit a print shop for Franklin?
5. When the House legalized paper tender, it awarded the contract to print the money to which printer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Franklin's education during his youth?
2. What relationship did Franklin establish with Deborah Read?
3. What did Franklin later do in regard to Keimer's newspaper?
4. What did Franklin take back with him on his initial return to Boston?
5. What happened in the way of employment for Franklin when Mr. Denham died suddenly?
6. Who was James Ralph and what was his relationship with Franklin?
7. How was Franklin able to trace his family back 300 years?
8. What were the advantages of Franklin being a member of JUNTO?
9. What did Franklin explain to his son, William, in his opening?
10. How did Franklin find his first job?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)