|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Collins broke his word to Franklin several times, but when did the pair become estranged?
(a) After he threw Collins overboard from a boat.
(b) After he threw Collins from a carriage.
(c) When he beat Collins.
(d) When he sold Collins' books.
2. In Philadelphia, Franklin soon worked for Mr. Bradford's son, Andrew, and what other printer?
(a) Samuel Keimer.
(b) Stephen Klein.
(c) Stanley Cramer.
(d) Samuel Kramer.
3. Franklin was a founding member of an intellectual club bearing what name?
4. What did Franklin spend his earnings on from his first job after going to London?
(a) Savings for his own print shop.
(b) Lavish parties and books.
(c) Housing and food.
(d) Housing and entertainment.
5. What was it Franklin discovered in the end regarding his virtues?
(a) He was as virtuous as a human could be.
(b) He had mastered some virtues but not all.
(c) He was not perfect and would never achieve perfection.
(d) He was not perfect and did not wish to be.
Short Answer Questions
1. Franklin's final competition was Bradford, who not only had a print shop, but ran what?
2. James Franklin was jailed for how long for not revealing a source?
3. How did Franklin's former employer's expanded business compare to the man's print house?
4. What are other traits Franklin believed a "good" individual had?
5. How did Franklin eventually practice his faith?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was James Ralph and what was his relationship with Franklin?
2. What did Franklin take back with him on his initial return to Boston?
3. What did Franklin later do in regard to Keimer's newspaper?
4. How did Franklin end up in Philadelphia the first time?
5. What work experience did Franklin gain in London?
6. What were the advantages of Franklin being a member of JUNTO?
7. What was Franklin's opinion of what he termed "seeming magnitude" of undertakings?
8. Franklin was a perfectionist and approached the thirteen virtues in what fashion?
9. Why did Franklin return to America following his initial stay in England?
10. What observation did Franklin make of those in public affairs?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)