Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. His father received visits from important noble men which Franklin admired and also from friends seeking what?
2. What happened when a rival learned Franklin planned to start a newspaper?
(a) The rival got intellectual club members to side with him.
(b) The rival published pamphlets in opposition to Benjamin's politics.
(c) The rival got businesses to leave Benjamin by offering lower prices.
(d) The rival started one first.
3. Which three friends did Franklin spend his last months in Philadelphia with?
(a) Charles Osborne, James Watson, Joseph Ralph.
(b) Charles Osborne, Joseph Watson, Ralph James.
(c) Charles Osborne, Joseph Watson, James Ralph.
(d) Joseph Osborne, Charles Watson, James Ralph.
4. Franklin considered Ralph a good friend, but an expensive one who did what?
(a) Used Franklin's name to get a job and cheated him.
(b) Lived a lavish life and cheated Franklin.
(c) Refused to get a job and cheated Franklin.
(d) Got a job without Franklin's aid but cheated him.
5. What did Franklin's new employer who encouraged him to return to America do suddenly?
(a) Went bankrupt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation did Franklin's former co-worker venture into?
2. Which colonial government was Franklin printing these documents for?
3. Franklin's final competition was Bradford, who not only had a print shop, but ran what?
4. One friend, a minister, convinced Franklin to attend several sermons at his church and what resulted?
5. When the House legalized paper tender, it awarded the contract to print the money to which printer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did subscribers check out books through Franklin's first library system?
2. What work experience did Franklin gain in London?
3. What were some of the improvements to Philadelphia that Franklin participated in?
4. What did Franklin interject regarding religion at this point?
5. What was Franklin able to do once he had sold most of his businesses?
6. What happened when Meredith's father did not pay as he agreed for Franklin's business?
7. What took place upon Franklin's return to Boston in hopes of gaining his father's consent?
8. How did Franklin respond to the British reaction to their suspicions of the American colonies?
9. What was Franklin's involvement in Philadelphia's first town hospital?
10. What was Franklin's proposal given France's increasing threat to the American colonies?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)