|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James Franklin was jailed for how long for not revealing a source?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 months.
2. What problem was it Josiah cited why Franklin could not set up his own print shop upon his return from Philadelphia?
(b) Insufficient experience.
(d) Ran away.
3. William Bradford referred Franklin to which son in Philadelphia, also a printer?
4. These three elements Franklin discovered as essential to a happy individual became what for him?
(a) His guide to the Bill of Rights.
(b) His path in government.
(c) His approach to business.
(d) His true religion.
5. What did a contact advised Franklin to do?
(a) Get a job with "The London Times".
(b) Get a job and learn about printing.
(c) Get a job working as a journalist.
(d) Return to the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Franklin's former employer and current competitor's business failed, he sold it to David Henry, who was what?
2. What was it Franklin did after the contact made his recommendation?
3. What did Franklin regret about his stay in England?
4. While waiting to set up his own shop, Franklin printed what for a colonial government?
5. His former co-worker's father did not pay for the business as he had promised, so what did he and Franklin agree to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What took place upon Franklin's return to Boston in hopes of gaining his father's consent?
2. What was Franklin's response to Keimer's newspaper?
3. How did Franklin approach going to church after a minister friend convinced him to attend his services?
4. How did Franklin find Keimer had fared during his 18-month absence in London?
5. What happened when Meredith's father did not pay as he agreed for Franklin's business?
6. How did Franklin find his first job?
7. What happened upon Franklin's initial arrival in London with promises of assistance from Governor Keith?
8. What was Franklin's opinion of what he termed "seeming magnitude" of undertakings?
9. How was Franklin able to trace his family back 300 years?
10. Franklin was a perfectionist and approached the thirteen virtues in what fashion?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)