|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Franklin need to await before setting up business?
(a) Printing supplies from Boston.
(b) Printing machinery.
(c) Printing supplies from abroad.
(d) An affordable location to set up shop.
2. What was Franklin's promotion at the second firm?
(a) From composing room to editing office.
(b) From press room to composing room.
(c) From press room to editing office.
(d) From composing room to press room.
3. Upon Franklin's promotion, what happened to the community ante?
(a) It remained about the same.
(b) It got somewhat higher.
(c) It got considerably higher.
(d) There was no ante in his new position.
4. In printing colonial documents, Franklin met a number of what type of men?
(a) Militarily-oriented and influential.
(b) Religiously-oriented and influential.
(c) Commercially-oriented and influential.
(d) Politically-oriented and influential.
5. When Franklin returned to Philadelphia, the former governor did what?
(a) Turned and walked away.
(b) Ducked into the nearest shop on the street.
(c) Approached him, apologized profusely.
(d) Passed by without a word.
Short Answer Questions
1. In reading his autobiography, one can see that Franklin fell into what category?
2. What was the title of the pamphlet Franklin wrote about paper money, a raging debate at the time?
3. One of Franklin's former employers had expanded his business to include what?
4. In Franklin's first library system, subscribers paid the cost of how many books as a fee?
5. How did Franklin eventually practice his faith?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Franklin discover had happened to Miss Read during his 18-month absence?
2. How did Franklin address what he termed "natural passions"?
3. How did Franklin nearly come to stay in London just before his departure for America?
4. Why did Keimer start his newspaper?
5. How did Franklin track his surname?
6. How did Franklin approach going to church after a minister friend convinced him to attend his services?
7. Where was Franklin among the children his father, Josiah, had?
8. Franklin was a perfectionist and approached the thirteen virtues in what fashion?
9. What did Franklin learn about Governor Keith upon his return to Philadelphia following 18 months away in London?
10. Why did Franklin return to America following his initial stay in England?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)