|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Franklin believed in God and attended church how frequently?
(b) Twice weekly.
2. What old friend of Franklin's asked him for work (Franklin had none but told this friend he would hire him once he started his newspaper)?
(a) George House.
(b) George Webb.
(c) George Walters.
(d) George West.
3. Upon Franklin's return to Philadelphia, where did the Governor of Pennsylvania send him to pick out his own printing equipment?
4. In London, Franklin learned what about Governor Keith?
(a) His reputation was excellent.
(b) His word was worthless outside America.
(c) He is word was worth little in England.
(d) His reputation is unsavory.
5. What did Franklin regret about his stay in England?
(a) Much, but learned a lot.
(b) Did not stay longer.
(d) Stayed too long.
Short Answer Questions
1. While he was good at writing, Franklin failed math, so Josiah put him to work in what business he operated?
2. Miss Read married another man during Franklin's absence, but what subsequently happened?
3. What problem was it Josiah cited why Franklin could not set up his own print shop upon his return from Philadelphia?
4. How did those individuals who found the library a popular hangout benefit?
5. What did Franklin's new employer who encouraged him to return to America do suddenly?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Franklin find Keimer had fared during his 18-month absence in London?
2. What observation did Franklin make of those in public affairs?
3. Franklin was a perfectionist and approached the thirteen virtues in what fashion?
4. How did Franklin nearly come to stay in London just before his departure for America?
5. What did Franklin take back with him on his initial return to Boston?
6. How did Franklin approach going to church after a minister friend convinced him to attend his services?
7. What problem did Franklin encounter with a community beer till at Watt's?
8. What took place upon Franklin's return to Boston in hopes of gaining his father's consent?
9. What work experience did Franklin gain in London?
10. How did Franklin address what he termed "natural passions"?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)