|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Franklin asked for three pennies worth of something at a bakery in Philadelphia, he received three giant rolls and realized what?
(a) He would run out of money within two days.
(b) Prices were relatively the same in the colonies.
(c) He should ask the prices first.
(d) Not all the colonies were culturally identical.
2. In London, Franklin learned what about Governor Keith?
(a) He is word was worth little in England.
(b) His word was worthless outside America.
(c) His reputation is unsavory.
(d) His reputation was excellent.
3. What old friend of Franklin's asked him for work (Franklin had none but told this friend he would hire him once he started his newspaper)?
(a) George West.
(b) George Webb.
(c) George House.
(d) George Walters.
4. William Bradford referred Franklin to which son in Philadelphia, also a printer?
5. Upon Franklin's promotion, what happened to the community ante?
(a) It got considerably higher.
(b) It remained about the same.
(c) There was no ante in his new position.
(d) It got somewhat higher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was it Franklin discovered in the end regarding his virtues?
2. These three elements Franklin discovered as essential to a happy individual became what for him?
3. At his new employment, Franklin gave up part of his pay for what?
4. In his autobiography, the author noted the library became a popular hang-out for which individuals?
5. Franklin took great pride when he lived in what fashion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Franklin leave Philadelphia the first time?
2. What observation did Franklin make of those in public affairs?
3. What work experience did Franklin gain in London?
4. What did Franklin interject regarding religion at this point?
5. How did Franklin find his first job?
6. What took place upon Franklin's return to Boston in hopes of gaining his father's consent?
7. What happened when Franklin set to resume his relationship with Miss Read?
8. How did Franklin find Keimer had fared during his 18-month absence in London?
9. What were the advantages of Franklin being a member of JUNTO?
10. Franklin was a perfectionist and approached the thirteen virtues in what fashion?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)