|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Franklin's final competition was Bradford, who not only had a print shop, but ran what?
(a) The Pony Express service.
(b) A shipping business.
(c) An unreliable postal service.
(d) A stationary shop.
2. What happened when a rival learned Franklin planned to start a newspaper?
(a) The rival got intellectual club members to side with him.
(b) The rival published pamphlets in opposition to Benjamin's politics.
(c) The rival got businesses to leave Benjamin by offering lower prices.
(d) The rival started one first.
3. What did Franklin need to await before setting up business?
(a) Printing supplies from Boston.
(b) An affordable location to set up shop.
(c) Printing machinery.
(d) Printing supplies from abroad.
4. One advantage of his intellectual club was to network with other intellectuals, most importantly those who could provide what?
(a) References and services at a later time.
(b) Facilities in which they could meet.
(c) Loan money to back other members' plans.
(d) Books they maintain in their personal libraries.
5. When the House legalized paper tender, it awarded the contract to print the money to which printer?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Franklin eventually practice his faith?
2. Rather than change the name of the paper, James did what?
3. Where was Franklin's second, even better job in London?
4. When Franklin returned to Philadelphia, the former governor did what?
5. Which colonial government was Franklin printing these documents for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Franklin and a co-worker named Hugh Meredith arrange to do?
2. What sort of education system did Franklin develop?
3. What relationship did Franklin establish with Deborah Read?
4. What happened when Meredith's father did not pay as he agreed for Franklin's business?
5. What was Franklin's connection with the study of electricity?
6. What did Franklin take back with him on his initial return to Boston?
7. Why did Franklin return to America following his initial stay in England?
8. What took place upon Franklin's return to Boston in hopes of gaining his father's consent?
9. What happened upon Franklin's initial arrival in London with promises of assistance from Governor Keith?
10. What was Franklin's approach to Captain Denny upon his arrival from England?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)