|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. En route back to Philadelphia his first time, Franklin went to New York to meet Collins and took what with him?
(a) Both his and Collins' books.
(b) His letter of referral.
(c) His father's Bible.
(d) A gold watch.
2. What did a contact advised Franklin to do?
(a) Return to the United States.
(b) Get a job and learn about printing.
(c) Get a job working as a journalist.
(d) Get a job with "The London Times".
3. In Franklin's first library system, subscribers paid the cost of how many books as a fee?
4. What did Franklin need to await before setting up business?
(a) Printing machinery.
(b) An affordable location to set up shop.
(c) Printing supplies from abroad.
(d) Printing supplies from Boston.
5. What was Franklin's promotion at the second firm?
(a) From press room to composing room.
(b) From composing room to press room.
(c) From press room to editing office.
(d) From composing room to editing office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Franklin's final competition was Bradford, who not only had a print shop, but ran what?
2. Upon Franklin's return to Philadelphia, where did the Governor of Pennsylvania send him to pick out his own printing equipment?
3. Which colonial government was Franklin printing these documents for?
4. Franklin noted the oldest son being apprenticed in a smithing trade was a tradition that went how far back?
5. How many virtues did Franklin live by from his twenties?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Franklin interject regarding religion at this point?
2. How did Franklin approach going to church after a minister friend convinced him to attend his services?
3. How did Franklin find Keimer had fared during his 18-month absence in London?
4. What did Franklin later do in regard to Keimer's newspaper?
5. What did Franklin learn about Governor Keith upon his return to Philadelphia following 18 months away in London?
6. What happened when Meredith's father did not pay as he agreed for Franklin's business?
7. Where was Franklin among the children his father, Josiah, had?
8. Who was James Ralph and what was his relationship with Franklin?
9. What work experience did Franklin gain in London?
10. What did Franklin confess he would have done regarding the details of his story but lacked the talent to accomplish?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)