|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Josiah was impressed by the letter of recommendation and allowed Franklin's return to Philadelphia to do what?
(a) Work for a few more years.
(b) Work in a trade other than printing.
(c) Work for two more years.
(d) Work for anothre year.
2. Franklin's family had to hide their religion in England in what manner?
(a) Read the English Bible in secrecy.
(b) Held baptisms in secrecy.
(c) Held prayer sessions in secrecy.
(d) Read the Lutheran hymnal in secrecy.
3. How did Franklin eventually practice his faith?
(a) As a Catholic.
(b) As a Methodist.
(c) Privately, in his own way.
(d) As a member of his friend's fundamentalisst church.
4. What did Franklin learn about Governor Keith's letters of credit?
(a) They held minimal value abroad.
(b) They were of highest esteem.
(c) They only carried value in America.
(d) They were worthless.
5. What did a contact advised Franklin to do?
(a) Get a job and learn about printing.
(b) Return to the United States.
(c) Get a job working as a journalist.
(d) Get a job with "The London Times".
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Franklin think it was unfair for him to be required to contribute a portion of his pay into this community pot?
2. Franklin considered Ralph a good friend, but an expensive one who did what?
3. What was it Franklin did after the contact made his recommendation?
4. Franklin regretted Miss Read's unfortunate marriage and did what?
5. How did Franklin arrive in Philadelphia on his initial trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Franklin interject regarding religion at this point?
2. What observation did Franklin make of those in public affairs?
3. What was Franklin's education during his youth?
4. How was Franklin able to trace his family back 300 years?
5. Why did Franklin return to America following his initial stay in England?
6. How did Franklin find his first job?
7. How did Franklin address what he termed "natural passions"?
8. What relationship did Franklin establish with Deborah Read?
9. What happened in the way of employment for Franklin when Mr. Denham died suddenly?
10. What happened when Franklin set to resume his relationship with Miss Read?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)