|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miss Read married another man during Franklin's absence, but what subsequently happened?
(a) Her husband moved to Boston, but she did not follow.
(b) She was happy, but he left her unexpectedly.
(c) She was unhappy and left him shortly afterward.
(d) She was unexpectedly widowed soon afterward.
2. David Henry turned down an offer of a partnership with Franklin, but eventually had to close his business for what reason?
(a) He married and moved.
(b) He went to jail for refusing to reveal a source.
(c) Poor money management.
(d) Poor health.
3. Josiah and his second wife had how many children?
4. Franklin noted the oldest son being apprenticed in a smithing trade was a tradition that went how far back?
(a) 500 years.
(b) 300 years.
(c) 1,000 years.
(d) 100 years.
5. While waiting to set up his own shop, Franklin printed what for a colonial government?
(a) Land deeds.
(b) Colonial decrees.
(c) Birth, death certificates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Franklin's final competition was Bradford, who not only had a print shop, but ran what?
2. En route back to Philadelphia his first time, Franklin went to New York to meet Collins and took what with him?
3. What did the co-worker who helped Franklin do when he was able to set up shop?
4. How did Franklin describe John Collins, a boy he befriended?
5. What did Franklin hope would result when he included his collection of virtues in his autobiography?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Franklin interject regarding religion at this point?
2. How did Franklin end up in Philadelphia the first time?
3. How did Franklin find his first job?
4. What work experience did Franklin gain in London?
5. What happened when Franklin set to resume his relationship with Miss Read?
6. Franklin was a perfectionist and approached the thirteen virtues in what fashion?
7. What did Franklin discover had happened to Miss Read during his 18-month absence?
8. How did Franklin track his surname?
9. What took place upon Franklin's return to Boston in hopes of gaining his father's consent?
10. What were the advantages of Franklin being a member of JUNTO?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)