|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was it Franklin provided his virtues list for?
(a) All of his descendants.
(b) Future Americans.
(c) Some of his descendants.
(d) His son, William.
2. Franklin dated and nearly married a woman, until her family forbade their courtship when they decided what?
(a) He had no religious values.
(b) His business would fail.
(c) His politics were too uncertain.
(d) He was dating Miss Read also.
3. Franklin borrowed books from a shop which later inspired him to do what?
(a) Open a private library in Philadelphia.
(b) Open a bookshop in New York City.
(c) Open a public library system in America.
(d) Open a bookshop in Philadelphia.
4. David Henry turned down an offer of a partnership with Franklin, but eventually had to close his business for what reason?
(a) Poor health.
(b) He went to jail for refusing to reveal a source.
(c) He married and moved.
(d) Poor money management.
5. Franklin later bought his ex-employer's newspaper when what took place?
(a) Ex-employer retired, returned to England.
(b) Ex-employer was jailed.
(c) Ex-employer died.
(d) Ex-employer's paper began to fail.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what schedule did Franklin approach his collection of virtues?
2. Where was Franklin's second, even better job in London?
3. Josiah Franklin took his first wife and three children to America where they had how many more?
4. What did Franklin need to await before setting up business?
5. What problem was it Josiah cited why Franklin could not set up his own print shop upon his return from Philadelphia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the way of employment for Franklin when Mr. Denham died suddenly?
2. What did Franklin interject regarding religion at this point?
3. What happened when Meredith's father did not pay as he agreed for Franklin's business?
4. What work experience did Franklin gain in London?
5. What did Franklin learn about Governor Keith upon his return to Philadelphia following 18 months away in London?
6. How was Franklin able to trace his family back 300 years?
7. What did Franklin later do in regard to Keimer's newspaper?
8. How did Franklin find his first job?
9. How did Franklin find Keimer had fared during his 18-month absence in London?
10. Why did Franklin return to America following his initial stay in England?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)