|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Franklin's response to those who played pranks on him when he did not pay into the pot?
(a) Stood firm and refused to pay.
(b) He eventually caved in and paid.
(c) Convinced the others not to pay also.
(d) Left the firm.
2. Rather than change the name of the paper, James did what?
(a) Made Josiah Franklin the owner.
(b) Made an older brother the owner.
(c) Sold it to a friend and ran it for him.
(d) Made Benjamin Franklin the owner.
3. Franklin saw nothing wrong with a little boasting, especially if he did what first?
(a) Qualified that he was bragging first.
(b) Announced he was being proud.
(c) Stipulated he was being honest.
(d) Thanked God for the vanity.
4. Franklin courted which young lady before he left Philadelphia to select his printing equipment?
(a) Miss Ralph.
(b) Miss Read.
(c) Miss Rodgers.
(d) Miss Reid.
5. Franklin loved his new life in Philadelphia and he became what?
(a) A part-time university student.
(b) Very busy at work.
(c) Frequent at the library.
(d) Quite popular.
Short Answer Questions
1. Franklin was a founding member of an intellectual club bearing what name?
2. When Franklin's former employer and current competitor's business failed, he sold it to David Henry, who was what?
3. When Franklin returned to Philadelphia, the former governor did what?
4. In what other fields of employment did Franklin note some eventually found interest?
5. Franklin said his father was an "agreeable" man but very traditional, serious, and what else?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Franklin's education during his youth?
2. How did Franklin nearly come to stay in London just before his departure for America?
3. What did Franklin later do in regard to Keimer's newspaper?
4. What did Franklin interject regarding religion at this point?
5. What relationship did Franklin establish with Deborah Read?
6. What observation did Franklin make of those in public affairs?
7. What problem did Franklin encounter with a community beer till at Watt's?
8. How did Franklin find his first job?
9. Who was James Ralph and what was his relationship with Franklin?
10. What did Franklin and a co-worker named Hugh Meredith arrange to do?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)