|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In London, Franklin learned what about Governor Keith?
(a) He is word was worth little in England.
(b) His reputation is unsavory.
(c) His word was worthless outside America.
(d) His reputation was excellent.
2. Franklin's idea of a "good" human being is someone who treated others in what manner?
3. What did Franklin need to await before setting up business?
(a) Printing supplies from abroad.
(b) Printing machinery.
(c) Printing supplies from Boston.
(d) An affordable location to set up shop.
4. Where was Franklin's second, even better job in London?
5. These three elements Franklin discovered as essential to a happy individual became what for him?
(a) His guide to the Bill of Rights.
(b) His approach to business.
(c) His path in government.
(d) His true religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Franklin wrote a number of controversial letters in whose newspaper under an anonymous name?
2. In his autobiography, what point did Franklin devote the most pages to?
3. One advantage of his intellectual club was to network with other intellectuals, most importantly those who could provide what?
4. Franklin dated and nearly married a woman, until her family forbade their courtship when they decided what?
5. Franklin borrowed books from a shop which later inspired him to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Franklin's education during his youth?
2. What happened when Meredith's father did not pay as he agreed for Franklin's business?
3. What observation did Franklin make of those in public affairs?
4. How did Franklin address what he termed "natural passions"?
5. Why did Franklin return to America following his initial stay in England?
6. What did Franklin discover had happened to Miss Read during his 18-month absence?
7. What did Franklin interject regarding religion at this point?
8. What did Franklin and a co-worker named Hugh Meredith arrange to do?
9. What happened upon Franklin's initial arrival in London with promises of assistance from Governor Keith?
10. What did Franklin later do in regard to Keimer's newspaper?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)