|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Read family regard Franklin rekindling his interest in Miss Read?
(d) Favored it.
2. In his autobiography, what point did Franklin devote the most pages to?
(a) His courtship of Miss Read.
(b) His father.
(c) His virtues plan.
(d) His view of religion.
3. Franklin wrote a number of controversial letters in whose newspaper under an anonymous name?
4. How did Franklin arrive in Philadelphia on his initial trip?
(a) Hungry, but otherwise reasonable.
(b) Tired and dirty, but not hungry.
(c) Tired, but clean.
(d) Hungry, dirty, tired.
5. What was it Franklin did after the contact made his recommendation?
(a) Took a job at "The London Times".
(b) Took a job at Palmer's print house.
(c) Spent all his remaining money on lavish celebration.
(d) Took a job at Pallone's print shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Franklin's second, even better job in London?
2. While waiting to set up his own shop, Franklin printed what for a colonial government?
3. James Franklin was jailed for how long for not revealing a source?
4. Franklin said his father was an "agreeable" man but very traditional, serious, and what else?
5. Franklin was a founding member of an intellectual club bearing what name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the way of employment for Franklin when Mr. Denham died suddenly?
2. How did subscribers check out books through Franklin's first library system?
3. What happened when Meredith's father did not pay as he agreed for Franklin's business?
4. What work experience did Franklin gain in London?
5. How did Franklin find his first job?
6. Who was James Ralph and what was his relationship with Franklin?
7. What happened upon Franklin's initial arrival in London with promises of assistance from Governor Keith?
8. What problem did Franklin encounter with a community beer till at Watt's?
9. What were the advantages of Franklin being a member of JUNTO?
10. How did Franklin nearly come to stay in London just before his departure for America?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)