|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Josiah and his second wife had how many children?
2. Franklin regretted Miss Read's unfortunate marriage and did what?
(a) Set to resume their old relationship.
(b) Set to pursue a platonic relationship.
(c) Set to resume a platonic relationship, but both still dated others.
(d) Set to pursue a platonic relationship while he dated others.
3. Subscribers signed a promissory note and agreed to pay what for any book they did not return?
(a) The book's value.
(b) Twice the book's value.
(c) Their entire subscription fee.
(d) Two week's of their salary.
4. Franklin and Collins parted ways for a time after an argument about the equal education of women where Franklin took which position?
(a) For, with some limitations.
(b) Against, with limited exceptions.
5. One of Franklin's former employers had expanded his business to include what?
(a) A stationary shop.
(b) Gift wrapping and packaging.
(c) A private postal shop.
(d) A colonial post office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation did Franklin's former co-worker venture into?
2. Franklin noted the oldest son being apprenticed in a smithing trade was a tradition that went how far back?
3. Franklin's family had to hide their religion in England in what manner?
4. Who provided Franklin a letter of recommendation when en route home from Philadelphia?
5. Upon Franklin's return to Philadelphia, where did the Governor of Pennsylvania send him to pick out his own printing equipment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Franklin return to America following his initial stay in England?
2. What happened in the way of employment for Franklin when Mr. Denham died suddenly?
3. How did Franklin nearly come to stay in London just before his departure for America?
4. How did Franklin end up in Philadelphia the first time?
5. Where was Franklin among the children his father, Josiah, had?
6. How was Franklin able to trace his family back 300 years?
7. What did Franklin explain to his son, William, in his opening?
8. How did subscribers check out books through Franklin's first library system?
9. Franklin was a perfectionist and approached the thirteen virtues in what fashion?
10. What were the advantages of Franklin being a member of JUNTO?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)