|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Franklin completed the task sought of him, what did the new employer do?
(a) Raised employees' wages.
(b) Became disagreeable with his employees.
(c) Remained content about his employees' work.
(d) Sought more of Franklin with no pay increase.
2. When the House legalized paper tender, it awarded the contract to print the money to which printer?
3. Who provided Franklin a letter of recommendation when en route home from Philadelphia?
(a) Mayor of Philadelphia.
(b) William Bradford.
(c) Governor of the province.
(d) Mayor of New York.
4. Josiah and his second wife had how many children?
5. What was Franklin's response to those who played pranks on him when he did not pay into the pot?
(a) Stood firm and refused to pay.
(b) Left the firm.
(c) Convinced the others not to pay also.
(d) He eventually caved in and paid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Franklin loved his new life in Philadelphia and he became what?
2. Franklin's final competition was Bradford, who not only had a print shop, but ran what?
3. James Franklin was jailed for how long for not revealing a source?
4. How many virtues did Franklin live by from his twenties?
5. While he was good at writing, Franklin failed math, so Josiah put him to work in what business he operated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Franklin was a perfectionist and approached the thirteen virtues in what fashion?
2. What happened in the way of employment for Franklin when Mr. Denham died suddenly?
3. Where was Franklin among the children his father, Josiah, had?
4. How did Franklin find Keimer had fared during his 18-month absence in London?
5. What were the advantages of Franklin being a member of JUNTO?
6. What was Franklin's response to Keimer's newspaper?
7. What did Franklin learn about Governor Keith upon his return to Philadelphia following 18 months away in London?
8. How did Franklin approach going to church after a minister friend convinced him to attend his services?
9. What did Franklin discover had happened to Miss Read during his 18-month absence?
10. Why did Franklin return to America following his initial stay in England?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)