|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are other traits Franklin believed a "good" individual had?
(a) Loyal, helpful.
(b) Clean, reverent.
(c) Considerate, brave.
(d) Truthful, hard working.
2. What did Franklin convince a number of men to do?
(a) Stop gambling.
(b) Pay a lesser amount.
(c) Stop drinking.
(d) Stop paying.
3. How did Franklin eventually practice his faith?
(a) Privately, in his own way.
(b) As a member of his friend's fundamentalisst church.
(c) As a Methodist.
(d) As a Catholic.
4. One of Franklin's former employers had expanded his business to include what?
(a) A colonial post office.
(b) Gift wrapping and packaging.
(c) A stationary shop.
(d) A private postal shop.
5. Franklin's idea of a "good" human being is someone who treated others in what manner?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Franklin spend his earnings on from his first job after going to London?
2. What did the co-worker who helped Franklin do when he was able to set up shop?
3. What did Franklin learn about Governor Keith's letters of credit?
4. What did Franklin's new friend, Ralph, admit to him?
5. James started his own newspaper in the early 1720s he called what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Franklin's response to Keimer's newspaper?
2. Who was James Ralph and what was his relationship with Franklin?
3. What did Franklin take back with him on his initial return to Boston?
4. What relationship did Franklin establish with Deborah Read?
5. What observation did Franklin make of those in public affairs?
6. What did Franklin confess he would have done regarding the details of his story but lacked the talent to accomplish?
7. How did subscribers check out books through Franklin's first library system?
8. How did Franklin end up in Philadelphia the first time?
9. How did Franklin address what he termed "natural passions"?
10. What problem did Franklin encounter with a community beer till at Watt's?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)