|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Philadelphia, Franklin soon worked for Mr. Bradford's son, Andrew, and what other printer?
(a) Stephen Klein.
(b) Samuel Keimer.
(c) Stanley Cramer.
(d) Samuel Kramer.
2. When he ran away to New York, Franklin met William Bradford, who was described as the "first printer" and came from what locale?
(d) New York.
3. Franklin and Collins parted ways for a time after an argument about the equal education of women where Franklin took which position?
(a) For, with some limitations.
(d) Against, with limited exceptions.
4. Franklin took a new job at what wages?
(d) Equal wages, but longer hours.
5. How did Franklin arrive in Philadelphia on his initial trip?
(a) Tired, but clean.
(b) Hungry, dirty, tired.
(c) Hungry, but otherwise reasonable.
(d) Tired and dirty, but not hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Franklin later bought his ex-employer's newspaper when what took place?
2. Their first customer was referred to them by which of Franklin's friends?
3. Josiah Franklin took his first wife and three children to America where they had how many more?
4. These three elements Franklin discovered as essential to a happy individual became what for him?
5. One friend, a minister, convinced Franklin to attend several sermons at his church and what resulted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Franklin and a co-worker named Hugh Meredith arrange to do?
2. What did Franklin take back with him on his initial return to Boston?
3. What did Franklin confess he would have done regarding the details of his story but lacked the talent to accomplish?
4. What took place upon Franklin's return to Boston in hopes of gaining his father's consent?
5. What happened upon Franklin's initial arrival in London with promises of assistance from Governor Keith?
6. What did Franklin explain to his son, William, in his opening?
7. What relationship did Franklin establish with Deborah Read?
8. What observation did Franklin make of those in public affairs?
9. How did Franklin approach going to church after a minister friend convinced him to attend his services?
10. Why did Keimer start his newspaper?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)