|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which three friends did Franklin spend his last months in Philadelphia with?
(a) Charles Osborne, Joseph Watson, Ralph James.
(b) Charles Osborne, Joseph Watson, James Ralph.
(c) Charles Osborne, James Watson, Joseph Ralph.
(d) Joseph Osborne, Charles Watson, James Ralph.
2. What did Franklin hope would result when he included his collection of virtues in his autobiography?
(a) They "may follow the example and spare themselves regret."
(b) They "may follow the example and reap the benefit."
(c) They "may follow my virtues and achieve the reward."
(d) They "may follow my example or similar virtues guidance."
3. How did those individuals who found the library a popular hangout benefit?
(a) Greatly, from exposure to books.
(b) Minimally, as they were only passing through town.
(c) Little, as there were no reading assignments.
(d) Minimally, as most had to work and few had time to read.
4. What occupation did Franklin's former co-worker venture into?
(d) Stationary retail.
5. Franklin believed in God and attended church how frequently?
(c) Twice weekly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was it Franklin provided his virtues list for?
2. William Bradford referred Franklin to which son in Philadelphia, also a printer?
3. Franklin was a founding member of an intellectual club bearing what name?
4. In printing colonial documents, Franklin met a number of what type of men?
5. Franklin later bought his ex-employer's newspaper when what took place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Franklin address what he termed "natural passions"?
2. What happened in the way of employment for Franklin when Mr. Denham died suddenly?
3. Why did Franklin return to America following his initial stay in England?
4. What relationship did Franklin establish with Deborah Read?
5. Why did Franklin leave Philadelphia the first time?
6. How did Franklin nearly come to stay in London just before his departure for America?
7. What was Franklin's response to Keimer's newspaper?
8. How did Franklin track his surname?
9. Who was James Ralph and what was his relationship with Franklin?
10. What were the advantages of Franklin being a member of JUNTO?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)