|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Franklin think it was unfair for him to be required to contribute a portion of his pay into this community pot?
(a) He prefered to spend on books.
(b) He was saving for his print shop.
(c) He did not gamble.
(d) He did not drink.
2. His former co-worker's father did not pay for the business as he had promised, so what did he and Franklin agree to?
(a) He would take up another trade and help Franklin.
(b) Go their separate ways.
(c) He would sell his two horses to help Franklin.
(d) He would sell stationary in Franklin's shop.
3. Franklin said that when he thought about religion, he settled on what as the key factors of a successful and happy human being?
(a) Trust, sincerity, integrity.
(b) Truth, simplicity, integrity.
(c) Truth, sincerity, integrity.
(d) Truth, sincerity, intelligence.
4. Franklin believed in God and attended church how frequently?
(d) Twice weekly.
5. What did Franklin's new friend, Ralph, admit to him?
(a) He did not plan to return to his wife.
(b) He had a good bit of money he planned to spend gambling.
(c) He was anxious to return to his wife, but had no money.
(d) He worried about his wife who was in fragile health.
Short Answer Questions
1. Franklin took a new job at what wages?
2. Franklin courted which young lady before he left Philadelphia to select his printing equipment?
3. What did Franklin's new employer who encouraged him to return to America do suddenly?
4. What did Franklin hope would result when he included his collection of virtues in his autobiography?
5. How did the Read family regard Franklin rekindling his interest in Miss Read?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the advantages of Franklin being a member of JUNTO?
2. What was Franklin's involvement in Philadelphia's first town hospital?
3. What relationship did Franklin establish with Deborah Read?
4. What was Franklin's response to Keimer's newspaper?
5. How did subscribers check out books through Franklin's first library system?
6. What disturbed Franklin regarding the British capability to defend the colonies?
7. What did Franklin learn about Governor Keith upon his return to Philadelphia following 18 months away in London?
8. How did Franklin approach going to church after a minister friend convinced him to attend his services?
9. What did Franklin and a co-worker named Hugh Meredith arrange to do?
10. How did Franklin nearly come to stay in London just before his departure for America?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)