|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Franklin dated and nearly married a woman, until her family forbade their courtship when they decided what?
(a) His politics were too uncertain.
(b) He was dating Miss Read also.
(c) His business would fail.
(d) He had no religious values.
2. What did Franklin convince a number of men to do?
(a) Stop gambling.
(b) Stop drinking.
(c) Stop paying.
(d) Pay a lesser amount.
3. At his new employment, Franklin gave up part of his pay for what?
(a) A community horse racing ante.
(b) A community sports ante.
(c) A community poker ante.
(d) A community beer till.
4. What happened when a rival learned Franklin planned to start a newspaper?
(a) The rival started one first.
(b) The rival got businesses to leave Benjamin by offering lower prices.
(c) The rival published pamphlets in opposition to Benjamin's politics.
(d) The rival got intellectual club members to side with him.
5. What was it Franklin discovered in the end regarding his virtues?
(a) He was as virtuous as a human could be.
(b) He was not perfect and would never achieve perfection.
(c) He was not perfect and did not wish to be.
(d) He had mastered some virtues but not all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are other traits Franklin believed a "good" individual had?
2. Who did Franklin initially address his autobiography opening to?
3. Franklin and Collins parted ways for a time after an argument about the equal education of women where Franklin took which position?
4. On his first day in Philadelphia, as he walked down the road, Franklin passed what for the first time?
5. These three elements Franklin discovered as essential to a happy individual became what for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Franklin interject regarding religion at this point?
2. How did Franklin end up in Philadelphia the first time?
3. What problem did Franklin encounter with a community beer till at Watt's?
4. What was Franklin's education during his youth?
5. What happened upon Franklin's initial arrival in London with promises of assistance from Governor Keith?
6. Who was James Ralph and what was his relationship with Franklin?
7. What were the advantages of Franklin being a member of JUNTO?
8. What did Franklin learn about Governor Keith upon his return to Philadelphia following 18 months away in London?
9. What did Franklin and a co-worker named Hugh Meredith arrange to do?
10. What work experience did Franklin gain in London?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)