|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was it Franklin provided his virtues list for?
(a) Some of his descendants.
(b) All of his descendants.
(c) Future Americans.
(d) His son, William.
2. Franklin later bought his ex-employer's newspaper when what took place?
(a) Ex-employer was jailed.
(b) Ex-employer died.
(c) Ex-employer's paper began to fail.
(d) Ex-employer retired, returned to England.
3. Who found Franklin in Philadelphia and encouraged him to return home?
(a) Robert Holmes, his uncle.
(b) Robert Holmes, a cousin.
(c) Robert Holmes, his brother-in-law.
(d) Robert Holmes, a family friend.
4. What did Franklin learn about Governor Keith's letters of credit?
(a) They only carried value in America.
(b) They were of highest esteem.
(c) They held minimal value abroad.
(d) They were worthless.
5. One advantage of his intellectual club was to network with other intellectuals, most importantly those who could provide what?
(a) References and services at a later time.
(b) Facilities in which they could meet.
(c) Books they maintain in their personal libraries.
(d) Loan money to back other members' plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Franklin spend his earnings on from his first job after going to London?
2. After Franklin completed the task sought of him, what did the new employer do?
3. Miss Read married another man during Franklin's absence, but what subsequently happened?
4. Which three friends did Franklin spend his last months in Philadelphia with?
5. On what schedule did Franklin approach his collection of virtues?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the analogy Franklin related between religion and fog?
2. What happened when Franklin set to resume his relationship with Miss Read?
3. What did Franklin later do in regard to Keimer's newspaper?
4. What was Franklin able to do once he had sold most of his businesses?
5. What was one instance Franklin related about government officials skirting the technicalities of legal requirements?
6. What happened upon Franklin's initial arrival in London with promises of assistance from Governor Keith?
7. What was Franklin's proposal given France's increasing threat to the American colonies?
8. What did Franklin relate regarding his famous Franklin stove?
9. What did Franklin discover had happened to Miss Read during his 18-month absence?
10. What was Franklin's connection with the study of electricity?
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)