|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who found Franklin in Philadelphia and encouraged him to return home?
(a) Robert Holmes, a cousin.
(b) Robert Holmes, his brother-in-law.
(c) Robert Holmes, a family friend.
(d) Robert Holmes, his uncle.
2. Why did the contact recommend this to Franklin?
(a) He would be better off if he returned to America as he had no credit.
(b) Working in London would help build his reputation.
(c) He would gain international experience in London.
(d) He would be better off when he returned to America and set up shop.
3. What are other traits Franklin believed a "good" individual had?
(a) Truthful, hard working.
(b) Loyal, helpful.
(c) Clean, reverent.
(d) Considerate, brave.
4. When Franklin asked for three pennies worth of something at a bakery in Philadelphia, he received three giant rolls and realized what?
(a) He would run out of money within two days.
(b) Not all the colonies were culturally identical.
(c) Prices were relatively the same in the colonies.
(d) He should ask the prices first.
5. How many virtues did Franklin live by from his twenties?
Short Answer Questions
1. One friend, a minister, convinced Franklin to attend several sermons at his church and what resulted?
2. What did his new employer seek of Franklin?
3. Franklin took great pride when he lived in what fashion?
4. What old friend of Franklin's asked him for work (Franklin had none but told this friend he would hire him once he started his newspaper)?
5. In Philadelphia, Franklin soon worked for Mr. Bradford's son, Andrew, and what other printer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Franklin confess he would have done regarding the details of his story but lacked the talent to accomplish?
2. Why did Franklin return to America following his initial stay in England?
3. What were the advantages of Franklin being a member of JUNTO?
4. Who was James Ralph and what was his relationship with Franklin?
5. What happened in the way of employment for Franklin when Mr. Denham died suddenly?
6. What did Franklin later do in regard to Keimer's newspaper?
7. How did Franklin approach going to church after a minister friend convinced him to attend his services?
8. What did Franklin and a co-worker named Hugh Meredith arrange to do?
9. How did Franklin track his surname?
10. What relationship did Franklin establish with Deborah Read?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)