|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Franklin loved his new life in Philadelphia and he became what?
(a) Very busy at work.
(b) Frequent at the library.
(c) A part-time university student.
(d) Quite popular.
2. In his autobiography, what point did Franklin devote the most pages to?
(a) His courtship of Miss Read.
(b) His view of religion.
(c) His father.
(d) His virtues plan.
3. What did Franklin convince a number of men to do?
(a) Stop gambling.
(b) Pay a lesser amount.
(c) Stop drinking.
(d) Stop paying.
4. Josiah and his second wife had how many children?
5. What did Franklin hope would result when he included his collection of virtues in his autobiography?
(a) They "may follow the example and reap the benefit."
(b) They "may follow my virtues and achieve the reward."
(c) They "may follow the example and spare themselves regret."
(d) They "may follow my example or similar virtues guidance."
Short Answer Questions
1. William Bradford referred Franklin to which son in Philadelphia, also a printer?
2. At age 12, Franklin was indentured to James, his older brother, until he was how old?
3. Why did the contact recommend this to Franklin?
4. In his autobiography, the author noted the library became a popular hang-out for which individuals?
5. Which co-worker convinced Franklin to hold on a little longer with his new employer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Franklin take back with him on his initial return to Boston?
2. What happened upon Franklin's initial arrival in London with promises of assistance from Governor Keith?
3. What work experience did Franklin gain in London?
4. What were the advantages of Franklin being a member of JUNTO?
5. How did Franklin find his first job?
6. What happened in the way of employment for Franklin when Mr. Denham died suddenly?
7. What was Franklin's response to Keimer's newspaper?
8. What did Franklin discover had happened to Miss Read during his 18-month absence?
9. What happened when Franklin set to resume his relationship with Miss Read?
10. What did Franklin later do in regard to Keimer's newspaper?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)