|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The members of the intellectual club Franklin belonged to pooled their books, but while their plan failed, it sparked Franklin's interest, and he eventually created a subscription library system that evolved into what?
(a) University of Pennsylvania library.
(b) Public library system of today.
(c) U.S. Library of Congress.
(d) Philadelphia private library.
2. Franklin's idea of a "good" human being is someone who treated others in what manner?
3. Why did the Governor of New York show an interest in meeting young Franklin upon his arrival this second time?
(a) His letter of referral from Pennsylvania.
(b) He was the son of Josiah.
(c) He desired to open a print shop.
(d) His large collection of books.
4. Who offered to outfit a print shop for Franklin?
(a) A co-worker's father.
(b) His father.
(c) A co-worker's uncle.
(d) A co-worker's cousin.
5. Franklin returned to Pennsylvania to become a clerk in whose new business?
(a) Mr. Denny's.
(b) Mr. Denman's.
(c) Mr. Denham's.
(d) Mr. Denfield's.
Short Answer Questions
1. In reading his autobiography, one can see that Franklin fell into what category?
2. What problem was it Josiah cited why Franklin could not set up his own print shop upon his return from Philadelphia?
3. After Franklin completed the task sought of him, what did the new employer do?
4. What occupation did Franklin's former co-worker venture into?
5. What did Franklin hope would result when he included his collection of virtues in his autobiography?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Franklin find Keimer had fared during his 18-month absence in London?
2. How did Franklin track his surname?
3. What work experience did Franklin gain in London?
4. What were the advantages of Franklin being a member of JUNTO?
5. Who was James Ralph and what was his relationship with Franklin?
6. What happened in the way of employment for Franklin when Mr. Denham died suddenly?
7. Franklin was a perfectionist and approached the thirteen virtues in what fashion?
8. What happened when Meredith's father did not pay as he agreed for Franklin's business?
9. How did Franklin approach going to church after a minister friend convinced him to attend his services?
10. How did subscribers check out books through Franklin's first library system?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)