|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. His father told him he might consider helping him out if Franklin did what?
(a) Earned his passage back to Philadelphia.
(b) Saved a good portion of what he needed.
(c) Earned half the cost of his business first.
(d) Worked in the printing trade for several more years.
2. Franklin later bought his ex-employer's newspaper when what took place?
(a) Ex-employer was jailed.
(b) Ex-employer's paper began to fail.
(c) Ex-employer retired, returned to England.
(d) Ex-employer died.
3. Upon Franklin's return to Philadelphia, where did the Governor of Pennsylvania send him to pick out his own printing equipment?
4. How did Franklin's former employer's expanded business compare to the man's print house?
(a) Only a little better.
(c) Much better.
(d) About equal.
5. Which co-worker convinced Franklin to hold on a little longer with his new employer?
Short Answer Questions
1. One advantage of his intellectual club was to network with other intellectuals, most importantly those who could provide what?
2. In printing colonial documents, Franklin met a number of what type of men?
3. What old friend of Franklin's asked him for work (Franklin had none but told this friend he would hire him once he started his newspaper)?
4. At his new employment, Franklin gave up part of his pay for what?
5. What did a contact advised Franklin to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Franklin set to resume his relationship with Miss Read?
2. What happened when Meredith's father did not pay as he agreed for Franklin's business?
3. What took place upon Franklin's return to Boston in hopes of gaining his father's consent?
4. What were the advantages of Franklin being a member of JUNTO?
5. Why did Keimer start his newspaper?
6. What did Franklin discover had happened to Miss Read during his 18-month absence?
7. What did Franklin learn about Governor Keith upon his return to Philadelphia following 18 months away in London?
8. What work experience did Franklin gain in London?
9. What was Franklin's opinion of what he termed "seeming magnitude" of undertakings?
10. What happened upon Franklin's initial arrival in London with promises of assistance from Governor Keith?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)