|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Franklin meet Braddock and gained the general's trust?
(b) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
2. Who was Franklin's friend that suggested they build a town hospital?
(a) Dr. Keimer.
(b) Dr. Bold.
(c) Dr. Hollmes.
(d) Dr. Bond.
3. In what year did the physician friend of Franklin propose a town hospital?
4. Many Quakers did not believe in war, but few opposed the militia for what reason?
(a) There was no compulsary service.
(b) It was for defense.
(c) They felt the potential threat.
(d) They were an extreme minority.
5. Who did Mr. Whitefield set up an orphanage for in Georgia?
(a) Children whose indentured servant parents died.
(b) Children of the poor whose parents died.
(c) Children whose Christian parents died.
(d) Any children whose parents died.
6. How successful was Franklin's funding proposal for the hospital?
(a) Funding was somewhat slower than in the initial plan.
(b) Funding was far slower than in the initial plan.
(c) Funding was about in accordance with the original plan.
(d) Funding was soon more than in the original plan.
7. Mr. Whitefield was from which locale?
8. Franklin's troops moved on to what location where they found most of the inhabitants dead?
(c) Gnadinger Park.
9. As France became an increasing threat against the American colonies, Franklin wrote a proposal for the colonies to join together in what fashion?
(a) Under multiple governments, 13 states.
(b) Under one government, no states.
(c) Under one government, as one nation.
(d) Under one government, but 13 nations.
10. What did the governor argue before Loudoun?
(a) He was given specific duties, the colonists have no rights.
(b) His authority came from England, the most important nation.
(c) He was given specific duties, the Assembly must obey him.
(d) The colonists rights were limited to landownership, religion, education.
11. What languages did Franklin learn during his lifetime?
(a) French,Russian, Spanish.
(b) French, Italian, Spanish.
(c) German, Italian, Spanish.
(d) French, Italian, Dutch.
12. Franklin wrote the Almanac to provide what?
(a) Information, both political and daily life.
(b) Information, helpful tips, and politics.
(c) Religion, information, and gossip.
(d) Information, not politics or gossip.
13. Braddock and the troops were sent for what two reasons?
(a) Defense and to keep the colonies in line.
(b) Defense and to assist the colonies.
(c) Offense and to keep the colonies in line.
(d) Occupation, keeping the colonies in line.
14. Which colleges awarded Franklin honorary degrees?
(a) Yale, Harvard.
(b) Wesleyan, Boston.
(c) Cambridge, Yale.
(d) New York, Cambridge.
15. Franklin's men complied, but it rained, and how many of the farmers were killed due to guns that failed?
(b) Nearly all.
(c) All of them.
(d) All but 1.
Short Answer Questions
1. Franklin proposed the use of what in Philadelphia?
2. What was the crown's response to the American proposal?
3. When they finally sailed, it was a long, slow journey filled with delays and other problems, and Franklin described what?
4. After the British army failed, the colonies were even more anxious to develop and fund what?
5. On a brief trip to London, Franklin proposed what?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)