|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Braddock and the troops were sent for what two reasons?
(a) Defense and to keep the colonies in line.
(b) Offense and to keep the colonies in line.
(c) Defense and to assist the colonies.
(d) Occupation, keeping the colonies in line.
2. What bad news prompted Franklin to go to Boston again?
(a) To visit his father, who was dying.
(b) To visit his mother, who was dying.
(c) To visit James, who was in jail again.
(d) To visit James, who was dying.
3. Who did Mr. Whitefield set up an orphanage for in Georgia?
(a) Any children whose parents died.
(b) Children whose Christian parents died.
(c) Children of the poor whose parents died.
(d) Children whose indentured servant parents died.
4. Franklin recorded they arrived in London on July 27 of what year?
5. Franklin's troops moved on to what location where they found most of the inhabitants dead?
(a) Gnadinger Park.
6. Franklin took a moment in Chapter XI to talk about his electrical experimentation and detailed his encounter with which individual?
(a) Dr. Spinster.
(b) Dr. Spins.
(c) Dr. Spencer.
(d) Dr. Spence.
7. Franklin proposed the use of what in Philadelphia?
(a) Taxi carriages.
(b) Street lamps.
(c) Electrical trolley cars.
(d) Horse-drawn trolley cars.
8. Franklin wrote that if you performed an act of kindness for a person, what would that person do?
(a) Seek out another and perform a kindness.
(b) Return the favor when a future need arose.
(c) Let others know about the favor they received.
(d) Be very appreciative and thank you.
9. The concept of electricity intrigued Franklin and he did what?
(a) Purchased his own equipment to learn more.
(b) Discussed it with scholars at the local college.
(c) Discussed it with members of his intellectual club.
(d) Read about it in the library.
10. The governor and Franklin sat down with Loudoun and discussed their arguments, and Franklin took what position for the Assembly?
(a) The colonists felt they could govern themselves.
(b) The colonists recognized the King, but also had rights.
(c) The colonists sought only to live frugally.
(d) The colonists had certain rights.
11. Which foreign troops were barbaric toward the American colonists?
(d) Both British, French.
12. Franklin noted his kite experiment, which he was proud to see written about where?
(a) Newspapers around the globe.
(b) Many scientific journals.
(c) Scholarly journals.
(d) Many electricity history books.
13. Braddock was overconfident and did what?
(a) Relied on his training.
(b) Scoffed at the colonists.
(c) Scoffed at Benjamin's advice.
(d) Relied on his experience.
14. Who was Franklin's friend that suggested they build a town hospital?
(a) Dr. Hollmes.
(b) Dr. Bold.
(c) Dr. Keimer.
(d) Dr. Bond.
15. Where did Mr. Whitefield move on to from Philadelphia?
(a) North Carolina.
(b) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What public position did Franklin first achieve?
2. Franklin said he felt he and other inventors needed to be _____, and therefore he would not profit from his inventions?
3. Franklin's son died of smallpox at what age?
4. What project did Franklin undertake subsequent to the public hospital?
5. In what year did Franklin invent his famous stove?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)