|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they finally sailed, it was a long, slow journey filled with delays and other problems, and Franklin described what?
(a) The captain's unconcern, ironic flaws that caused delay.
(b) The captain's shame, ironic flaws that caused delay.
(c) The captain's concern, ironic flaws that caused delay.
(d) The captain's pride, ironic flaws that caused delay.
2. A new preacher named Mr. Whitefield arrived in Philadelphia in what year?
3. Where did Mr. Whitefield move on to from Philadelphia?
(b) South Carolina.
(d) North Carolina.
4. When the colonial military group arrived in these territories, however, they found what?
(a) They were nearly eliminated.
(b) They had already set up a defense system.
(c) They were returning to the colonies for the most part.
(d) They were having problems with only a few Indian tribes.
5. Franklin presented Loudoun with an account of all the expenses he incurred in support of Braddock and his troops, and he received how much in repayment?
(a) 1,200 pounds.
(c) 2,400 pounds.
(d) 500 pounds.
6. What project did Franklin undertake subsequent to the public hospital?
(a) City water system.
(b) Public city garbage collection.
(c) City sewer system.
(d) Cleaning the city streets.
7. Franklin recorded they arrived in London on July 27 of what year?
8. The concept of electricity intrigued Franklin and he did what?
(a) Discussed it with scholars at the local college.
(b) Purchased his own equipment to learn more.
(c) Discussed it with members of his intellectual club.
(d) Read about it in the library.
9. A new preacher arrived of whom Franklin approved as his sermons supported virtuous values, and he published pamphlets for him until he soon learned his sermons plagiarized which individuals?
(a) German scholars.
(b) Greek scholars.
(c) English scholars.
(d) Latin scholars.
10. Many Quakers did not believe in war, but few opposed the militia for what reason?
(a) They were an extreme minority.
(b) There was no compulsary service.
(c) They felt the potential threat.
(d) It was for defense.
11. Mr. Whitefield was from which locale?
12. Two expenses that the colonists sought repayment of were what?
(a) A fireworks display, horses and carriages.
(b) A fireworks display, crops.
(c) Crops, farm animals,
(d) Crops, horses and carriages.
13. Franklin wrote the Almanac to provide what?
(a) Information, both political and daily life.
(b) Information, helpful tips, and politics.
(c) Religion, information, and gossip.
(d) Information, not politics or gossip.
14. The British sent how many military troops to the American colonies led by General Braddock?
15. Who was Franklin's friend that suggested they build a town hospital?
(a) Dr. Hollmes.
(b) Dr. Keimer.
(c) Dr. Bond.
(d) Dr. Bold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Franklin said he felt he and other inventors needed to be _____, and therefore he would not profit from his inventions?
2. The president would confer with a council representing which group?
3. Which organization awarded Franklin an honorary membership and a gold medal?
4. What bad news prompted Franklin to go to Boston again?
5. As he believed people should have free access to things that improved their lives, what did Franklin do in regard to his stove?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)