|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he ran away to New York, Franklin met William Bradford, who was described as the "first printer" and came from what locale?
(c) New York.
2. Which college evolved from Franklin's endeavors in public education?
(a) University of Philadelphia, and later Eastern College.
(b) University of Philadelphia, and later the University of Pennsylvania.
(c) University of Philadelphia, and later Pennsylvania State University.
(d) University of Philadelphia, and later Arcadia University.
3. When Franklin asked for three pennies worth of something at a bakery in Philadelphia, he received three giant rolls and realized what?
(a) He should ask the prices first.
(b) Prices were relatively the same in the colonies.
(c) Not all the colonies were culturally identical.
(d) He would run out of money within two days.
4. Franklin and Collins parted ways for a time after an argument about the equal education of women where Franklin took which position?
(a) Against, with limited exceptions.
(c) For, with some limitations.
5. What languages did Franklin learn during his lifetime?
(a) French, Italian, Spanish.
(b) French, Italian, Dutch.
(c) German, Italian, Spanish.
(d) French,Russian, Spanish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Franklin wrote that if you performed an act of kindness for a person, what would that person do?
2. The president would confer with a council representing which group?
3. What did Franklin regret about his son who died?
4. Josiah was impressed by the letter of recommendation and allowed Franklin's return to Philadelphia to do what?
5. What happened when a rival learned Franklin planned to start a newspaper?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)