|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Franklin's first library system, subscribers paid the cost of how many books as a fee?
2. What did the co-worker who helped Franklin do when he was able to set up shop?
(a) Failed to show up for work.
(b) Walked out.
(c) Gave their notice.
(d) Set up some distance away.
3. When the House legalized paper tender, it awarded the contract to print the money to which printer?
4. When he ran away to New York, Franklin met William Bradford, who was described as the "first printer" and came from what locale?
(c) New York.
5. What was it Franklin discovered in the end regarding his virtues?
(a) He had mastered some virtues but not all.
(b) He was not perfect and did not wish to be.
(c) He was as virtuous as a human could be.
(d) He was not perfect and would never achieve perfection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Franklin assisted the postmaster of Philadelphia, a position that did what?
2. What did Franklin acquire for the British officers?
3. Franklin noted the oldest son being apprenticed in a smithing trade was a tradition that went how far back?
4. At his new employment, Franklin gave up part of his pay for what?
5. In his autobiography, the author noted the library became a popular hang-out for which individuals?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)