|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Franklin noted he was honest about his achievements without being falsely humble or arrogant and stipulated he would have changed some details to look better but did not for what reason?
(a) His life was too well known.
(b) He lacked the writing talent.
(c) He sought facts, not fiction.
(d) He wanted the truth known.
2. What did his new employer seek of Franklin?
(a) Obtain new printing customers.
(b) Expand the print shop.
(c) Put his print shop back in order.
(d) Obtain government work orders.
3. What did Franklin convince a number of men to do?
(a) Pay a lesser amount.
(b) Stop gambling.
(c) Stop drinking.
(d) Stop paying.
4. How did the Read family regard Franklin rekindling his interest in Miss Read?
(a) Favored it.
5. David Henry turned down an offer of a partnership with Franklin, but eventually had to close his business for what reason?
(a) He married and moved.
(b) Poor health.
(c) He went to jail for refusing to reveal a source.
(d) Poor money management.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Franklin completed the task sought of him, what did the new employer do?
2. Franklin's family had to hide their religion in England in what manner?
3. Their first customer was referred to them by which of Franklin's friends?
4. One friend, a minister, convinced Franklin to attend several sermons at his church and what resulted?
5. Who would appoint a grand-president?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)