|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A new preacher named Mr. Whitefield arrived in Philadelphia in what year?
2. Josiah and his second wife had how many children?
3. En route back to Philadelphia his first time, Franklin went to New York to meet Collins and took what with him?
(a) His letter of referral.
(b) Both his and Collins' books.
(c) His father's Bible.
(d) A gold watch.
4. Braddock and the troops were sent for what two reasons?
(a) Occupation, keeping the colonies in line.
(b) Defense and to assist the colonies.
(c) Defense and to keep the colonies in line.
(d) Offense and to keep the colonies in line.
5. Franklin said he felt he and other inventors needed to be _____, and therefore he would not profit from his inventions?
(a) "We should be grateful to aid others through our inventions."
(b) "Glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours."
(c) "We should all use our talent enabling the improvement of others."
(d) "The chance to serve others through an invention is gift to us."
Short Answer Questions
1. Franklin proposed the use of what in Philadelphia?
2. Josiah Franklin took his first wife and three children to America where they had how many more?
3. What did Franklin need to await before setting up business?
4. Why did the Governor of New York show an interest in meeting young Franklin upon his arrival this second time?
5. Where was Franklin's second, even better job in London?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)