|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Franklin wrote a number of controversial letters in whose newspaper under an anonymous name?
2. What was it Franklin did after the contact made his recommendation?
(a) Took a job at Pallone's print shop.
(b) Took a job at "The London Times".
(c) Spent all his remaining money on lavish celebration.
(d) Took a job at Palmer's print house.
3. Franklin took a new job at what wages?
(a) Equal wages, but longer hours.
4. William Bradford referred Franklin to which son in Philadelphia, also a printer?
5. Which co-worker convinced Franklin to hold on a little longer with his new employer?
Short Answer Questions
1. One advantage of his intellectual club was to network with other intellectuals, most importantly those who could provide what?
2. What was Franklin's promotion at the second firm?
3. His former co-worker's father did not pay for the business as he had promised, so what did he and Franklin agree to?
4. The members of the intellectual club Franklin belonged to pooled their books, but while their plan failed, it sparked Franklin's interest, and he eventually created a subscription library system that evolved into what?
5. Why did Franklin think it was unfair for him to be required to contribute a portion of his pay into this community pot?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)