|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Franklin courted which young lady before he left Philadelphia to select his printing equipment?
(a) Miss Reid.
(b) Miss Ralph.
(c) Miss Rodgers.
(d) Miss Read.
2. What did Franklin hope would result when he included his collection of virtues in his autobiography?
(a) They "may follow the example and spare themselves regret."
(b) They "may follow the example and reap the benefit."
(c) They "may follow my virtues and achieve the reward."
(d) They "may follow my example or similar virtues guidance."
3. En route back to Philadelphia his first time, Franklin went to New York to meet Collins and took what with him?
(a) His father's Bible.
(b) His letter of referral.
(c) Both his and Collins' books.
(d) A gold watch.
4. In printing colonial documents, Franklin met a number of what type of men?
(a) Militarily-oriented and influential.
(b) Politically-oriented and influential.
(c) Religiously-oriented and influential.
(d) Commercially-oriented and influential.
5. Franklin said that when he thought about religion, he settled on what as the key factors of a successful and happy human being?
(a) Trust, sincerity, integrity.
(b) Truth, simplicity, integrity.
(c) Truth, sincerity, intelligence.
(d) Truth, sincerity, integrity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the title of the pamphlet Franklin wrote about paper money, a raging debate at the time?
2. Josiah and his second wife had how many children?
3. How did Franklin's former employer's expanded business compare to the man's print house?
4. Franklin received assistance from other intellectual club members for his business, but the club also supported what?
5. Franklin made a final note about his not going to public church services as perhaps "blamable" but that he made no excuse as his purpose was to do what?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)