|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Franklin's family had to hide their religion in England in what manner?
(a) Read the English Bible in secrecy.
(b) Held prayer sessions in secrecy.
(c) Held baptisms in secrecy.
(d) Read the Lutheran hymnal in secrecy.
2. Josiah Franklin took his first wife and three children to America where they had how many more?
3. Franklin regretted Miss Read's unfortunate marriage and did what?
(a) Set to pursue a platonic relationship.
(b) Set to resume their old relationship.
(c) Set to pursue a platonic relationship while he dated others.
(d) Set to resume a platonic relationship, but both still dated others.
4. While he was good at writing, Franklin failed math, so Josiah put him to work in what business he operated?
(b) Tallow-chandler and soap.
5. Collins broke his word to Franklin several times, but when did the pair become estranged?
(a) After he threw Collins overboard from a boat.
(b) After he threw Collins from a carriage.
(c) When he beat Collins.
(d) When he sold Collins' books.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his autobiography, what point did Franklin devote the most pages to?
2. Which colonial government was Franklin printing these documents for?
3. These three elements Franklin discovered as essential to a happy individual became what for him?
4. What did Franklin convince a number of men to do?
5. Franklin was a founding member of an intellectual club bearing what name?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)