|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his first day in Philadelphia, as he walked down the road, Franklin passed what for the first time?
(a) The site of the future drafting of the Bill of Rights.
(b) The home he would someday own.
(c) The site of the future drafting of the Declaration of Independence.
(d) His future wife.
2. His father received visits from important noble men which Franklin admired and also from friends seeking what?
3. One of Franklin's former employers had expanded his business to include what?
(a) A colonial post office.
(b) A private postal shop.
(c) Gift wrapping and packaging.
(d) A stationary shop.
4. His father told him he might consider helping him out if Franklin did what?
(a) Saved a good portion of what he needed.
(b) Earned his passage back to Philadelphia.
(c) Worked in the printing trade for several more years.
(d) Earned half the cost of his business first.
5. What did his new employer seek of Franklin?
(a) Put his print shop back in order.
(b) Obtain government work orders.
(c) Expand the print shop.
(d) Obtain new printing customers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Franklin received assistance from other intellectual club members for his business, but the club also supported what?
2. What did Franklin spend his earnings on from his first job after going to London?
3. In Franklin's first library system, subscribers paid the cost of how many books as a fee?
4. Franklin took great pride when he lived in what fashion?
5. On what schedule did Franklin approach his collection of virtues?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)