|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Collins broke his word to Franklin several times, but when did the pair become estranged?
(a) After he threw Collins from a carriage.
(b) When he beat Collins.
(c) When he sold Collins' books.
(d) After he threw Collins overboard from a boat.
2. Josiah Franklin took his first wife and three children to America where they had how many more?
3. Josiah was impressed by the letter of recommendation and allowed Franklin's return to Philadelphia to do what?
(a) Work for two more years.
(b) Work for anothre year.
(c) Work for a few more years.
(d) Work in a trade other than printing.
4. Why did the Governor of New York show an interest in meeting young Franklin upon his arrival this second time?
(a) He was the son of Josiah.
(b) His letter of referral from Pennsylvania.
(c) His large collection of books.
(d) He desired to open a print shop.
5. His father told him he might consider helping him out if Franklin did what?
(a) Earned his passage back to Philadelphia.
(b) Worked in the printing trade for several more years.
(c) Earned half the cost of his business first.
(d) Saved a good portion of what he needed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Franklin describe John Collins, a boy he befriended?
2. In Philadelphia, Franklin soon worked for Mr. Bradford's son, Andrew, and what other printer?
3. Who found Franklin in Philadelphia and encouraged him to return home?
4. Franklin courted which young lady before he left Philadelphia to select his printing equipment?
5. James started his own newspaper in the early 1720s he called what?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)