|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. His father told him he might consider helping him out if Franklin did what?
(a) Worked in the printing trade for several more years.
(b) Earned half the cost of his business first.
(c) Earned his passage back to Philadelphia.
(d) Saved a good portion of what he needed.
2. Franklin loved his new life in Philadelphia and he became what?
(a) A part-time university student.
(b) Quite popular.
(c) Very busy at work.
(d) Frequent at the library.
3. Franklin and Collins parted ways for a time after an argument about the equal education of women where Franklin took which position?
(a) For, with some limitations.
(d) Against, with limited exceptions.
4. Who did Franklin initially address his autobiography opening to?
(a) His daughter, Margaret.
(b) His son, William.
(c) His wife, Mary Anne.
(d) His son, Benjamin, Jr.
5. How did Franklin describe John Collins, a boy he befriended?
Short Answer Questions
1. Franklin's family had to hide their religion in England in what manner?
2. When he ran away to New York, Franklin met William Bradford, who was described as the "first printer" and came from what locale?
3. Franklin noted the oldest son being apprenticed in a smithing trade was a tradition that went how far back?
4. James started his own newspaper in the early 1720s he called what?
5. Collins broke his word to Franklin several times, but when did the pair become estranged?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)