|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Franklin describe John Collins, a boy he befriended?
2. James started his own newspaper in the early 1720s he called what?
(a) The Philadelphia Enquirer.
(b) The New England Courant.
(c) Middletown Press.
(d) Boston Glove.
3. While he was good at writing, Franklin failed math, so Josiah put him to work in what business he operated?
(d) Tallow-chandler and soap.
4. His father received visits from important noble men which Franklin admired and also from friends seeking what?
5. Collins broke his word to Franklin several times, but when did the pair become estranged?
(a) After he threw Collins overboard from a boat.
(b) When he sold Collins' books.
(c) After he threw Collins from a carriage.
(d) When he beat Collins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who found Franklin in Philadelphia and encouraged him to return home?
2. In what other fields of employment did Franklin note some eventually found interest?
3. Franklin hated his father's trade and dreamed of doing what instead?
4. James Franklin was jailed for how long for not revealing a source?
5. Josiah Franklin took his first wife and three children to America where they had how many more?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)