|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Josiah was impressed by the letter of recommendation and allowed Franklin's return to Philadelphia to do what?
(a) Work for a few more years.
(b) Work for two more years.
(c) Work in a trade other than printing.
(d) Work for anothre year.
2. Franklin's family had to hide their religion in England in what manner?
(a) Held baptisms in secrecy.
(b) Read the Lutheran hymnal in secrecy.
(c) Read the English Bible in secrecy.
(d) Held prayer sessions in secrecy.
3. Josiah Franklin took his first wife and three children to America where they had how many more?
4. When Franklin asked for three pennies worth of something at a bakery in Philadelphia, he received three giant rolls and realized what?
(a) He would run out of money within two days.
(b) Prices were relatively the same in the colonies.
(c) Not all the colonies were culturally identical.
(d) He should ask the prices first.
5. Which three friends did Franklin spend his last months in Philadelphia with?
(a) Charles Osborne, Joseph Watson, James Ralph.
(b) Charles Osborne, James Watson, Joseph Ralph.
(c) Joseph Osborne, Charles Watson, James Ralph.
(d) Charles Osborne, Joseph Watson, Ralph James.
Short Answer Questions
1. Franklin noted the oldest son being apprenticed in a smithing trade was a tradition that went how far back?
2. Franklin hated his father's trade and dreamed of doing what instead?
3. Franklin noted he was honest about his achievements without being falsely humble or arrogant and stipulated he would have changed some details to look better but did not for what reason?
4. Who found Franklin in Philadelphia and encouraged him to return home?
5. What problem was it Josiah cited why Franklin could not set up his own print shop upon his return from Philadelphia?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)