|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his first day in Philadelphia, as he walked down the road, Franklin passed what for the first time?
(a) The site of the future drafting of the Bill of Rights.
(b) His future wife.
(c) The home he would someday own.
(d) The site of the future drafting of the Declaration of Independence.
2. Collins broke his word to Franklin several times, but when did the pair become estranged?
(a) After he threw Collins overboard from a boat.
(b) After he threw Collins from a carriage.
(c) When he sold Collins' books.
(d) When he beat Collins.
3. When Franklin asked for three pennies worth of something at a bakery in Philadelphia, he received three giant rolls and realized what?
(a) He would run out of money within two days.
(b) Not all the colonies were culturally identical.
(c) Prices were relatively the same in the colonies.
(d) He should ask the prices first.
4. While he was good at writing, Franklin failed math, so Josiah put him to work in what business he operated?
(c) Tallow-chandler and soap.
5. In what other fields of employment did Franklin note some eventually found interest?
(a) Financial and medical.
(b) Legal and medical.
(c) Military and political.
(d) Legal and political.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Franklin initially address his autobiography opening to?
2. Josiah was impressed by the letter of recommendation and allowed Franklin's return to Philadelphia to do what?
3. At age 12, Franklin was indentured to James, his older brother, until he was how old?
4. Franklin courted which young lady before he left Philadelphia to select his printing equipment?
5. James Franklin was jailed for how long for not revealing a source?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)