|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. His father told him he might consider helping him out if Franklin did what?
(a) Saved a good portion of what he needed.
(b) Earned half the cost of his business first.
(c) Worked in the printing trade for several more years.
(d) Earned his passage back to Philadelphia.
2. Franklin and Collins parted ways for a time after an argument about the equal education of women where Franklin took which position?
(a) For, with some limitations.
(c) Against, with limited exceptions.
3. Who did Franklin initially address his autobiography opening to?
(a) His daughter, Margaret.
(b) His wife, Mary Anne.
(c) His son, Benjamin, Jr.
(d) His son, William.
4. En route back to Philadelphia his first time, Franklin went to New York to meet Collins and took what with him?
(a) A gold watch.
(b) His letter of referral.
(c) Both his and Collins' books.
(d) His father's Bible.
5. At age 12, Franklin was indentured to James, his older brother, until he was how old?
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem was it Josiah cited why Franklin could not set up his own print shop upon his return from Philadelphia?
2. Franklin hated his father's trade and dreamed of doing what instead?
3. William Bradford referred Franklin to which son in Philadelphia, also a printer?
4. Franklin said his father was an "agreeable" man but very traditional, serious, and what else?
5. While he was good at writing, Franklin failed math, so Josiah put him to work in what business he operated?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)