|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Franklin's new friend, Ralph, admit to him?
(a) He had a good bit of money he planned to spend gambling.
(b) He did not plan to return to his wife.
(c) He was anxious to return to his wife, but had no money.
(d) He worried about his wife who was in fragile health.
2. Franklin returned to Pennsylvania to become a clerk in whose new business?
(a) Mr. Denny's.
(b) Mr. Denham's.
(c) Mr. Denman's.
(d) Mr. Denfield's.
3. How did Franklin arrive in Philadelphia on his initial trip?
(a) Tired, but clean.
(b) Hungry, dirty, tired.
(c) Tired and dirty, but not hungry.
(d) Hungry, but otherwise reasonable.
4. Josiah was impressed by the letter of recommendation and allowed Franklin's return to Philadelphia to do what?
(a) Work for anothre year.
(b) Work for two more years.
(c) Work in a trade other than printing.
(d) Work for a few more years.
5. At age 12, Franklin was indentured to James, his older brother, until he was how old?
Short Answer Questions
1. Franklin hated his father's trade and dreamed of doing what instead?
2. Franklin saw nothing wrong with a little boasting, especially if he did what first?
3. Why did the contact recommend this to Franklin?
4. When Franklin asked for three pennies worth of something at a bakery in Philadelphia, he received three giant rolls and realized what?
5. Franklin noted he was honest about his achievements without being falsely humble or arrogant and stipulated he would have changed some details to look better but did not for what reason?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)