|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Franklin noted he was honest about his achievements without being falsely humble or arrogant and stipulated he would have changed some details to look better but did not for what reason?
(a) His life was too well known.
(b) He lacked the writing talent.
(c) He sought facts, not fiction.
(d) He wanted the truth known.
2. Who offered to outfit a print shop for Franklin?
(a) A co-worker's father.
(b) His father.
(c) A co-worker's cousin.
(d) A co-worker's uncle.
3. At his new employment, Franklin gave up part of his pay for what?
(a) A community sports ante.
(b) A community poker ante.
(c) A community horse racing ante.
(d) A community beer till.
4. In London, Franklin learned what about Governor Keith?
(a) His reputation was excellent.
(b) His reputation is unsavory.
(c) He is word was worth little in England.
(d) His word was worthless outside America.
5. How did Franklin describe John Collins, a boy he befriended?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did his new employer seek of Franklin?
2. How did Franklin's former employer's expanded business compare to the man's print house?
3. William Bradford referred Franklin to which son in Philadelphia, also a printer?
4. How did Franklin arrive in Philadelphia on his initial trip?
5. Rather than change the name of the paper, James did what?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)