|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Josiah Franklin took his first wife and three children to America where they had how many more?
2. One of Franklin's former employers had expanded his business to include what?
(a) A private postal shop.
(b) Gift wrapping and packaging.
(c) A colonial post office.
(d) A stationary shop.
3. Upon Franklin's return to Philadelphia, where did the Governor of Pennsylvania send him to pick out his own printing equipment?
4. How did Franklin arrive in Philadelphia on his initial trip?
(a) Hungry, but otherwise reasonable.
(b) Tired and dirty, but not hungry.
(c) Tired, but clean.
(d) Hungry, dirty, tired.
5. In printing colonial documents, Franklin met a number of what type of men?
(a) Commercially-oriented and influential.
(b) Militarily-oriented and influential.
(c) Religiously-oriented and influential.
(d) Politically-oriented and influential.
Short Answer Questions
1. In London, Franklin learned what about Governor Keith?
2. His father received visits from important noble men which Franklin admired and also from friends seeking what?
3. Upon Franklin's promotion, what happened to the community ante?
4. Who offered to outfit a print shop for Franklin?
5. Where was Franklin's second, even better job in London?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)