|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his first day in Philadelphia, as he walked down the road, Franklin passed what for the first time?
(a) The site of the future drafting of the Declaration of Independence.
(b) The site of the future drafting of the Bill of Rights.
(c) The home he would someday own.
(d) His future wife.
2. After Franklin completed the task sought of him, what did the new employer do?
(a) Sought more of Franklin with no pay increase.
(b) Raised employees' wages.
(c) Remained content about his employees' work.
(d) Became disagreeable with his employees.
3. Miss Read married another man during Franklin's absence, but what subsequently happened?
(a) She was unhappy and left him shortly afterward.
(b) She was happy, but he left her unexpectedly.
(c) She was unexpectedly widowed soon afterward.
(d) Her husband moved to Boston, but she did not follow.
4. Their first customer was referred to them by which of Franklin's friends?
(a) Joseph Watson.
(b) Charles Osborne.
(c) George House.
(d) George Washington.
5. What did Franklin's new employer who encouraged him to return to America do suddenly?
(d) Went bankrupt.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Philadelphia, Franklin soon worked for Mr. Bradford's son, Andrew, and what other printer?
2. Franklin's family had to hide their religion in England in what manner?
3. Josiah Franklin took his first wife and three children to America where they had how many more?
4. Which colonial government was Franklin printing these documents for?
5. How did Franklin describe John Collins, a boy he befriended?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)