|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Governor of New York show an interest in meeting young Franklin upon his arrival this second time?
(a) He was the son of Josiah.
(b) His large collection of books.
(c) He desired to open a print shop.
(d) His letter of referral from Pennsylvania.
2. What did Franklin's new friend, Ralph, admit to him?
(a) He did not plan to return to his wife.
(b) He was anxious to return to his wife, but had no money.
(c) He worried about his wife who was in fragile health.
(d) He had a good bit of money he planned to spend gambling.
3. Where was Franklin's second, even better job in London?
4. Who offered to outfit a print shop for Franklin?
(a) A co-worker's cousin.
(b) His father.
(c) A co-worker's uncle.
(d) A co-worker's father.
5. Franklin courted which young lady before he left Philadelphia to select his printing equipment?
(a) Miss Read.
(b) Miss Rodgers.
(c) Miss Ralph.
(d) Miss Reid.
Short Answer Questions
1. His father received visits from important noble men which Franklin admired and also from friends seeking what?
2. What did Franklin regret about his stay in England?
3. James Franklin was jailed for how long for not revealing a source?
4. Why did Franklin think it was unfair for him to be required to contribute a portion of his pay into this community pot?
5. What did Franklin learn about Governor Keith's letters of credit?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)