|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Franklin took a new job at what wages?
(d) Equal wages, but longer hours.
2. Which co-worker convinced Franklin to hold on a little longer with his new employer?
3. William Bradford referred Franklin to which son in Philadelphia, also a printer?
4. What did Franklin spend his earnings on from his first job after going to London?
(a) Housing and food.
(b) Savings for his own print shop.
(c) Lavish parties and books.
(d) Housing and entertainment.
5. What was Franklin's promotion at the second firm?
(a) From press room to editing office.
(b) From press room to composing room.
(c) From composing room to press room.
(d) From composing room to editing office.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Franklin arrive in Philadelphia on his initial trip?
2. Josiah Franklin took his first wife and three children to America where they had how many more?
3. Who found Franklin in Philadelphia and encouraged him to return home?
4. Franklin noted the oldest son being apprenticed in a smithing trade was a tradition that went how far back?
5. When Franklin returned to Philadelphia, the former governor did what?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)