|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Franklin's promotion at the second firm?
(a) From press room to composing room.
(b) From composing room to press room.
(c) From composing room to editing office.
(d) From press room to editing office.
2. What did Franklin learn about Governor Keith's letters of credit?
(a) They were worthless.
(b) They only carried value in America.
(c) They held minimal value abroad.
(d) They were of highest esteem.
3. Franklin proposed the governmental group would contribute an amount equal to what?
(a) Two percent of city taxes collected annually.
(b) Half that of the subscribers.
(c) Twice that of the subscribers.
(d) That of the subscribers.
4. Franklin believed in God and attended church how frequently?
(a) Twice weekly.
5. Which college evolved from Franklin's endeavors in public education?
(a) University of Philadelphia, and later Pennsylvania State University.
(b) University of Philadelphia, and later the University of Pennsylvania.
(c) University of Philadelphia, and later Eastern College.
(d) University of Philadelphia, and later Arcadia University.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did those individuals who found the library a popular hangout benefit?
2. Franklin spoke on the doctor's behalf when he went before which governmental group?
3. Franklin borrowed books from a shop which later inspired him to do what?
4. What did Franklin convince a number of men to do?
5. Franklin made a final note about his not going to public church services as perhaps "blamable" but that he made no excuse as his purpose was to do what?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)