|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Franklin institute using the building that Mr. Whitefield built?
(a) Public hospital.
(b) Public school system.
(c) City prison.
(d) Public orphanage.
2. What was Franklin's response to those who played pranks on him when he did not pay into the pot?
(a) Left the firm.
(b) Convinced the others not to pay also.
(c) Stood firm and refused to pay.
(d) He eventually caved in and paid.
3. In his autobiography, the author noted the library became a popular hang-out for which individuals?
(a) Intellectual club members.
(b) Bored youth.
4. Which colleges awarded Franklin honorary degrees?
(a) New York, Cambridge.
(b) Yale, Harvard.
(c) Wesleyan, Boston.
(d) Cambridge, Yale.
5. What did Franklin hope would result when he included his collection of virtues in his autobiography?
(a) They "may follow my virtues and achieve the reward."
(b) They "may follow my example or similar virtues guidance."
(c) They "may follow the example and reap the benefit."
(d) They "may follow the example and spare themselves regret."
Short Answer Questions
1. Franklin borrowed books from a shop which later inspired him to do what?
2. What project did Franklin undertake subsequent to the public hospital?
3. Upon Franklin's promotion, what happened to the community ante?
4. What did Franklin regret about his stay in England?
5. In London, Franklin learned what about Governor Keith?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)