|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How successful was Franklin's funding proposal for the hospital?
(a) Funding was soon more than in the original plan.
(b) Funding was somewhat slower than in the initial plan.
(c) Funding was about in accordance with the original plan.
(d) Funding was far slower than in the initial plan.
2. One friend, a minister, convinced Franklin to attend several sermons at his church and what resulted?
(a) He returned to his previous church.
(b) He found the sermons church-serving.
(c) He joined his friend's church.
(d) He and the minister broke their friendship.
3. What did Franklin spend his earnings on from his first job after going to London?
(a) Housing and food.
(b) Housing and entertainment.
(c) Lavish parties and books.
(d) Savings for his own print shop.
4. What was it Franklin discovered in the end regarding his virtues?
(a) He was not perfect and would never achieve perfection.
(b) He was not perfect and did not wish to be.
(c) He was as virtuous as a human could be.
(d) He had mastered some virtues but not all.
5. Upon Franklin's promotion, what happened to the community ante?
(a) There was no ante in his new position.
(b) It got somewhat higher.
(c) It got considerably higher.
(d) It remained about the same.
Short Answer Questions
1. Subscribers signed a promissory note and agreed to pay what for any book they did not return?
2. What are other traits Franklin believed a "good" individual had?
3. Who was Franklin's friend that suggested they build a town hospital?
4. In London, Franklin learned what about Governor Keith?
5. Franklin spoke on the doctor's behalf when he went before which governmental group?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)