|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On a brief trip to London, Franklin proposed what?
(a) To establish communal fire stations.
(b) To clean their streets also.
(c) To adopt their street lamp system.
(d) To start a public library system.
2. Franklin took great pride when he lived in what fashion?
3. What did Franklin convince a number of men to do?
(a) Stop drinking.
(b) Pay a lesser amount.
(c) Stop gambling.
(d) Stop paying.
4. At his new employment, Franklin gave up part of his pay for what?
(a) A community sports ante.
(b) A community horse racing ante.
(c) A community poker ante.
(d) A community beer till.
5. Upon Franklin's promotion, what happened to the community ante?
(a) It got considerably higher.
(b) There was no ante in his new position.
(c) It got somewhat higher.
(d) It remained about the same.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which college evolved from Franklin's endeavors in public education?
2. One friend, a minister, convinced Franklin to attend several sermons at his church and what resulted?
3. In London, Franklin learned what about Governor Keith?
4. How many virtues did Franklin live by from his twenties?
5. How did Franklin eventually practice his faith?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)