|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the contact recommend this to Franklin?
(a) Working in London would help build his reputation.
(b) He would gain international experience in London.
(c) He would be better off if he returned to America as he had no credit.
(d) He would be better off when he returned to America and set up shop.
2. Why did Franklin think it was unfair for him to be required to contribute a portion of his pay into this community pot?
(a) He did not drink.
(b) He prefered to spend on books.
(c) He did not gamble.
(d) He was saving for his print shop.
3. Who was Franklin's friend that suggested they build a town hospital?
(a) Dr. Bond.
(b) Dr. Keimer.
(c) Dr. Hollmes.
(d) Dr. Bold.
4. Which colleges awarded Franklin honorary degrees?
(a) Yale, Harvard.
(b) Cambridge, Yale.
(c) Wesleyan, Boston.
(d) New York, Cambridge.
5. What did Franklin learn about Governor Keith's letters of credit?
(a) They were of highest esteem.
(b) They were worthless.
(c) They held minimal value abroad.
(d) They only carried value in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Franklin spend his earnings on from his first job after going to London?
2. Franklin returned to Pennsylvania to become a clerk in whose new business?
3. Franklin's idea of a "good" human being is someone who treated others in what manner?
4. Franklin believed in God and attended church how frequently?
5. What was Franklin's promotion at the second firm?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)