|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Franklin think it was unfair for him to be required to contribute a portion of his pay into this community pot?
(a) He did not gamble.
(b) He prefered to spend on books.
(c) He did not drink.
(d) He was saving for his print shop.
2. Who was it Franklin provided his virtues list for?
(a) All of his descendants.
(b) His son, William.
(c) Some of his descendants.
(d) Future Americans.
3. In his autobiography, what point did Franklin devote the most pages to?
(a) His father.
(b) His virtues plan.
(c) His view of religion.
(d) His courtship of Miss Read.
4. What was Franklin's promotion at the second firm?
(a) From press room to composing room.
(b) From composing room to editing office.
(c) From composing room to press room.
(d) From press room to editing office.
5. On a brief trip to London, Franklin proposed what?
(a) To clean their streets also.
(b) To adopt their street lamp system.
(c) To start a public library system.
(d) To establish communal fire stations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Franklin spend his earnings on from his first job after going to London?
2. Where was Franklin's second, even better job in London?
3. Subscribers signed a promissory note and agreed to pay what for any book they did not return?
4. What was it Franklin did after the contact made his recommendation?
5. Franklin became the Postmaster and had the opportunity to do what?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)