|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Franklin's promotion at the second firm?
(a) From composing room to editing office.
(b) From composing room to press room.
(c) From press room to editing office.
(d) From press room to composing room.
2. Who was it Franklin provided his virtues list for?
(a) His son, William.
(b) Future Americans.
(c) All of his descendants.
(d) Some of his descendants.
3. What was Franklin's response to those who played pranks on him when he did not pay into the pot?
(a) Left the firm.
(b) He eventually caved in and paid.
(c) Stood firm and refused to pay.
(d) Convinced the others not to pay also.
4. What did Franklin institute using the building that Mr. Whitefield built?
(a) Public hospital.
(b) Public orphanage.
(c) Public school system.
(d) City prison.
5. What did Franklin's new friend, Ralph, admit to him?
(a) He had a good bit of money he planned to spend gambling.
(b) He worried about his wife who was in fragile health.
(c) He was anxious to return to his wife, but had no money.
(d) He did not plan to return to his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Franklin convince a number of men to do?
2. One friend, a minister, convinced Franklin to attend several sermons at his church and what resulted?
3. On a brief trip to London, Franklin proposed what?
4. In reading his autobiography, one can see that Franklin fell into what category?
5. In his autobiography, the author noted the library became a popular hang-out for which individuals?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)