Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where had Bredan's son fled to live the life of a hermit with other monks, according to the story recorded by the anonymous author?
2. To what cause does Bede claim Benedict devoted himself after he traveled to Rome to visit the tombs of the Apostles?
3. From whom did Bede claim Benedict bought the unique collection during his fifth trip to Rome?
4. What form did fallen angels take on Brendan's journey, according to the anonymous author?
5. Where does the anonymous author report Ceolfrith was buried?
In his travels Ceolfrith dealt with several kings on the British Isles and in Europe. Choose two of these kings and detail the type of relationship Ceolfrith had with them. How did Ceolfrith's relationships with these kings benefit or hinder his ministry with the abbeys of Wearmouth and Jarrow.
Bede makes an account of miracles throughout "The Life of Cuthbert." Choose three of the miracles from Bede's record and compare them to similar miracles from the Bible. Based upon your study make an assessment of whether or not the miracles occurred as Bede reported or if Bede was creating a story to attract pagans to convert to Christianity. Use text from "The Life of Cuthbert" to support your view.
Ceolfrith, Eosterwin, Sigfrith, and Hwaetbehrt all made different contributions to the Abbeys at Wearmouth and Jarrow. Choose two of the abbots and detail a contribution each made to the abbey and how the separate contributions worked together to strengthen the mission of the abbeys.
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)