Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where had Bredan's son fled to live the life of a hermit with other monks, according to the story recorded by the anonymous author?
2. To what cause does Bede claim Benedict devoted himself after he traveled to Rome to visit the tombs of the Apostles?
3. From whom did Bede claim Benedict bought the unique collection during his fifth trip to Rome?
4. What form did fallen angels take on Brendan's journey, according to the anonymous author?
5. Where does the anonymous author report Ceolfrith was buried?
Benedict's plans for the monasteries helped to construct helped to bring innovations in both Christian and construction practices. Identify an innovation from each field that he introduced to England through the abbeys at Wearmouth and Jarrow.
Bede makes an account of miracles throughout "The Life of Cuthbert." Choose three of the miracles from Bede's record and compare them to similar miracles from the Bible. Based upon your study make an assessment of whether or not the miracles occurred as Bede reported or if Bede was creating a story to attract pagans to convert to Christianity. Use text from "The Life of Cuthbert" to support your view.
In his travels Ceolfrith dealt with several kings on the British Isles and in Europe. Choose two of these kings and detail the type of relationship Ceolfrith had with them. How did Ceolfrith's relationships with these kings benefit or hinder his ministry with the abbeys of Wearmouth and Jarrow.
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)