|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where had Bredan's son fled to live the life of a hermit with other monks, according to the story recorded by the anonymous author?
2. To what cause does Bede claim Benedict devoted himself after he traveled to Rome to visit the tombs of the Apostles?
3. From whom did Bede claim Benedict bought the unique collection during his fifth trip to Rome?
4. What form did fallen angels take on Brendan's journey, according to the anonymous author?
5. Where does the anonymous author report Ceolfrith was buried?
Essay Topic 1
Ceolfrith made pilgrimages to Rome and Europe with Benedict. Detail two contributions to British Christianity that Ceolfrith assisted Benedict bringing from their pilgrimages, and explain how those contributions have helped to shape Christian thoughts and practices today.
Essay Topic 2
Ceolfrith, Eosterwin, Sigfrith, and Hwaetbehrt all made different contributions to the Abbeys at Wearmouth and Jarrow. Choose two of the abbots and detail a contribution each made to the abbey and how the separate contributions worked together to strengthen the mission of the abbeys.
Essay Topic 3
Eddius Stephanus was a contemporary of Wilfrid, and he constructed "The Life of Wilfrid" from the time he spent in service to Wilfrid. Find three examples from the book that illustrate Stephanus's involvement in the events in the book and from your examination detail what you believe to be Stephanus's role in his work with Wilfrid.
This section contains 1,297 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)