|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Eddius Stephanus: Life of Wilfred.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years does Farmer claim had passed before the biography of Brendan had first appeared?
(a) About 210.
(b) About 120.
(c) About 200.
(d) About 20.
2. What does Farmer claim to be the name of the author of the "Navigatio"?
(d) Eddius Stephanus.
3. Which Old Testament prophet does Bede first quote in the first paragraph of Chapter One?
4. Who kept Wilfrid until Stephanus claimed he could meet with suitable travelers as he began his journey to St. Peter's see?
(a) Archbishop Dalfinus.
(b) Biscop Baducing.
(c) Bishop Agilberht.
(d) Queen Eanfled's cousin, King Erconberht of Kent.
5. Which of the works in "The Age of Bede" does Farmer claim was popular during the Middle Ages?
(a) "The Life of Wilfrid."
(b) " The Lives of the Abbots of Wearmouth and Jarrow."
(c) "The Life of Cuthbert."
(d) "Voyage of St. Brendan."
Short Answer Questions
1. The saints who are detailed in "The Age of Bede" lived in what two centuries according to Farmer?
2. According to Stephanus, how did the expansion of the Kingdom that Wilfrid advised expand his authority as Bishop?
3. Of what does Stephanus claim Wilfrid accused English bishops prior to his journey to Gaul?
4. How was Cuthbert's Friday fast broken on one occasion at the vesper's hour according to Bede?
5. How old was Wilfrid when Stephanus reported he left home to seek the kingdom of Heaven?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)