|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Eddius Stephanus: Life of Wilfred.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his debate with Bishop Colman won him acclaim, what does Stephanus report came of Wilfrid?
(a) Wilfrid became a Bishop.
(b) Wilfrid was ordained as a priest.
(c) Wilfrid was appointed abbot.
(d) Wilfrid was elected to the episcopacy.
2. Which duke of Theodoric petitioned the king over the land Wilfrid where was preaching to have Wilfrid sent to him dead or alive, according to Stephanus?
3. Who did Bede report reviewed and revised his work?
(d) The Priest Herefrith.
4. Who was finally found to travel to St. Peter's with Wilfrid, according to Stephanus?
(a) Bishop Baducing.
(b) Archbishop Dalfinus.
(c) Boniface the Archdeacon.
(d) King Erconberht of Kent.
5. What term does Farmer use to identify a community of monks?
(a) The Holy Knights.
(b) The Royal Order.
(d) The Holy Priesthood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Stephanus claim Wilfrid accused English bishops prior to his journey to Gaul?
2. Farmer asserts that the "Navigatio" is a fascinating mixture of what?
3. What animal does Bede claim ministered to Cuthbert after he spent a night in prayer in the water off the sea shore?
4. Why did Bede address his prologue to its named recipient?
5. Why does Farmer credit this institution with the spread of monasteries in Ireland?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)