|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Eddius Stephanus: Life of Wilfred.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Bede report reviewed and revised his work?
(d) The Priest Herefrith.
2. Who was the wicked queen who Stephanus wrote persecuted the church and martyred nine bishops?
3. What was Wilfrid's destination when he left his home, according to Stephanus?
(a) Archbishop Dalfinus who hoped to adopt him as a son.
(b) King Oswiu's queen, Eanfled, to whom he was recommended by noblemen he served in his father's house.
(c) The home of King Erconberht of Kent.
(d) The home of Biscop Baducing.
4. Who does Stephanus claim introduced Wilfrid to the Pope?
(a) Bishop Baducing.
(b) Boniface the archdeacon.
(c) Bishop Colman.
(d) Archbishop Dalfinus.
5. Which Northumbrian cleric does Farmer record as being trained in Lindisfarne?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were two things that Bede said he avoided in the prologue?
2. What was the result of the prayers Cuthbert led while he and two brethren were stranded during a sea voyage without provisions?
3. How does Bede claim Christian converts profaned their faith in Chapter 9?
4. What miracle does Stephanus report that Wilfrid performed during the construction of the church at Hexham?
5. When Wilfrid's ship had run aground on the English shore and was surrounded by pagans, what event does Stephanus report occurred that preceded a battle between Wilfrid's party and the pagans?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)