|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Farmer claim to be the name of the author of the "Navigatio"?
(c) Eddius Stephanus.
2. What does Farmer claim to be the document that the earliest monk wrote?
(a) "The Lives of the Abbots of Wearmouth and Jarrow".
(b) "The Navigatio".
(c) "The Life of Cuthbert".
(d) "The Life of Wilfrid".
3. Which cleric does Farmer identify as coming from Northumbria and trained at Melrose?
(d) Columba of Iona.
4. What were Brendan's most important monasteries, according to Farmer?
(a) Northumbria, Whitby, Inishadroum, and Jarrow.
(b) Wearmouth, Jarrow, Lindisfarne, and Melrose.
(c) Clonfert, Annadown, Inishadroum, and Ardfert.
(d) Annadown, Christendom, Confert, and Melrose.
5. Who does Farmer claim enabled Wilfred to travel to visit other churches through Europe?
(a) Enfleda, Queen of Northumbria.
(d) Bishop Colman.
Short Answer Questions
1. The saints who are detailed in "The Age of Bede" lived in what two centuries according to Farmer?
2. How many Latin manuscripts of this document does Farmer claim still exists?
3. In what literary form does Farmer claim Bede's "Life of Cuthbert" is written?
4. Which Irish apostle, according to Farmer, became famous for the founding of the Bobbio and Saint-Gall monasteries.
5. How many texts does D.H. Farmer report in the Introduction comprise "The Age of Bede"?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)