|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which cleric does Farmer identify as coming from Northumbria and trained at Melrose?
(c) Columba of Iona.
2. Which Irish apostle, according to Farmer, became famous for the founding of the Bobbio and Saint-Gall monasteries.
3. Where does Farmer claim that the earliest surviving manuscript of "Navigatio" was written?
(a) At the monastery at Melrose.
(b) At the monastery at Wearmouth.
(c) At the monastery at Inishadroum.
(d) At the monastery at St. Maximin.
4. What term does Farmer use to identify a community of monks?
(a) The Holy Priesthood.
(b) The Royal Order.
(d) The Holy Knights.
5. For what two countries does Farmer claim "The Age of Bede" to be an important source of early Christian Church history?
(a) England and Ireland.
(b) England and France.
(c) Rome and Ireland.
(d) Ireland and The Netherlands.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many texts does D.H. Farmer report in the Introduction comprise "The Age of Bede"?
2. Which of the works in "The Age of Bede" does Farmer claim was popular during the Middle Ages?
3. What does Farmer report came of Cuthbert after he spent many years in a monastery?
4. Farmer asserts that the "Navigatio" is a fascinating mixture of what?
5. What kind of battles does Farmer report the church leaders in "The Age of Bede" fought?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)