|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Farmer claim to be the name of the author of the "Navigatio"?
(c) Eddius Stephanus.
2. Which document by Bede, according to Farmer, acts as a biography and a local history?
(a) "Lives of the Abbots."
(b) "The History of Abbot Ceolfrith."
(c) "The Life of Wilfrid."
(d) "The Life of Cuthbert."
3. Who does Farmer claim enabled Wilfred to travel to visit other churches through Europe?
(b) Bishop Colman.
(d) Enfleda, Queen of Northumbria.
4. What does Farmer claim draws readers across the ages to the lives profiled in "The Age of Bede"?
(a) The mystical accounting of miracles.
(b) The colorful detail with which the ancient times are reported.
(c) The ideals and the scale of values of "The Age of Bede's" great men.
(d) The accurate history of various leaders in the region.
5. In what literary form does Farmer claim Bede's "Life of Cuthbert" is written?
(b) Iambic Pentameter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Latin manuscripts of this document does Farmer claim still exists?
2. For what two countries does Farmer claim "The Age of Bede" to be an important source of early Christian Church history?
3. What were Brendan's most important monasteries, according to Farmer?
4. What kind of battles does Farmer report the church leaders in "The Age of Bede" fought?
5. How many texts does D.H. Farmer report in the Introduction comprise "The Age of Bede"?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)