Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Voyage of Saint Brendan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which cleric does Farmer identify as coming from Northumbria and trained at Melrose?
(c) Columba of Iona.
2. When does the anonymous author record Brendan's traveling party landed on the island?
(a) Christmas day.
(b) Good Friday.
(c) Easter Sunday.
(d) Maundy Thursday.
3. Why was Cuthbert inspired to rise from his sickbed in Chapter 8, according to Bede?
(a) Because he knew that God had certainly heard the prayers of the monks praying for him.
(b) Because he did not want to neglect the responsibility God had put before him.
(c) Because he desired to be an inspiration to those in need.
(d) Because he knew that God would provide him strength to carry out ministry.
4. Which Irish apostle, according to Farmer, became famous for the founding of the Bobbio and Saint-Gall monasteries.
5. In what city did Stephanus report Wilfrid's traveling companion leave him after they started their journey to St. Peter's?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was named to rule the monastery shortly before Ceolfrith joined it, according to the anonymous author?
2. Who did Bede report reviewed and revised his work?
3. What does Bede record to be Benedict's orders regarding the books he had brought back from his several trips to Rome?
4. Where is the body of Cuthbert buried, according to Bede's record?
5. Who does the anonymous writer record God sent to be the guide of Brendan's traveling party after they landed on the island?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)