|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Adams and Jefferson think their age would help?
2. When was the Consular Convention with France that Jefferson discussed in a letter to Adams?
3. How much time had passed before Abigail wrote Jefferson a letter?
4. How often did Adams and Jefferson write as they aged?
5. How did Adams and Jefferson think the conditions were in the eighteenth century?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the historical significance of The Adams-Jefferson Letters, including an explanation of the importance of the country's foundation, and the value of the direct words of the founders.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the aspects of aristocracy, why it was considered a threat to freedom, and the outlook of Adams and Jefferson on the ways to limit aristocracy.
Essay Topic 3
Thomas Paine's Rights of Man divided Adams and Jefferson in opinion and political views.
1) Explain Paine's message in Rights of Man and its relevance to that time in history.
2) Describe the events that added to the divide between Adams and Jefferson in their opinions of Rights of Man.
3) Analyze the reasons behind the views of Adams and Jefferson and what they indicated for both of their individual political positions.
This section contains 1,144 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)