Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Adams and Jefferson think their age would help?
2. When was the Consular Convention with France that Jefferson discussed in a letter to Adams?
3. How much time had passed before Abigail wrote Jefferson a letter?
4. How often did Adams and Jefferson write as they aged?
5. How did Adams and Jefferson think the conditions were in the eighteenth century?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the aspects of aristocracy, why it was considered a threat to freedom, and the outlook of Adams and Jefferson on the ways to limit aristocracy.
Essay Topic 2
Chronicle the development of the representative style of government, why Adams and Jefferson wanted the American people to understand how it worked, and how their reflection of Independence and American Revolution included the preservation of certain documents that would ensure the continued prosperity of the United States.
Essay Topic 3
Abigail Adams was a key person in the life of John Adams and his correspondence with Jefferson.
1) Describe three characteristics of Abigail that distinguished her from other women during that time.
2) Explain why Abigail was admired by many of the people living in her time.
3) Analyze Abigail's contributions to the country and Adams' correspondence with Jefferson.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)