Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Adams and Jefferson think their age would help?
2. When was the Consular Convention with France that Jefferson discussed in a letter to Adams?
3. How much time had passed before Abigail wrote Jefferson a letter?
4. How often did Adams and Jefferson write as they aged?
5. How did Adams and Jefferson think the conditions were in the eighteenth century?
Essay Topic 1
The impact of The Adams-Jefferson Letters proved to be a valuable part of American history.
1) Describe the concepts and principles that Adams and Jefferson fought for in their lives.
2) Explain the reasons why Adams and Jefferson were aware of the importance of their correspondence and continued to write later in their lives.
3) Analyze the major things people can learn about the past, present, and future of America from The Adams-Jefferson Letters.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the ways that Jefferson became involved with education, the design that he had for public school systems and universities, and the subjects that he and Adams thought should be taught. Also, provide a comparison of their idea of education and the current educational system of the country.
Essay Topic 3
Adams' Defense of the Constitutions of the United States countered the criticisms of the revolutionary new government that was being designed for America.
1) Describe the criticism about the American government that prompted Adams to write Defense of the Constitutions of the United States.
2) Explain the source of the criticism and the possible reasons for it.
3) Analyze three main points that Adams made in Defense of the Constitutions of the United States to support the country's foundation.
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)