|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on Adams' explanation, when did aristocracies exist?
2. How long before their deaths did Adams and Jefferson write to each other?
3. What happened to the letter that Jefferson wrote to congratulate Adams when the election was over, before the results were known?
4. As mentioned in Chapter 11, why did Adams and Jefferson want the American people to understand the Revolution?
5. When was the first letter written that resumed the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Adams realize about aristocracy, in Chapter 10?
2. When did Adams and Jefferson pass away, and what thoughts did they have about their lives?
3. How did Jefferson respond to Adams' analysis of aristocracy, in Chapter 10?
4. How did Adams and Jefferson find their financial situations later in their lives?
5. What tested the friendship of Adams and Jefferson in 1813?
6. In Chapter 10, which source of information did Adams inform Jefferson he had given up and why?
7. What did Adams send to Jefferson to renew their correspondence in 1812?
8. What did Adams and Jefferson think about the century's impact on human nature?
9. How did Adams and Jefferson refer to their illnesses in the 1818 letters?
10. How did Abigail resume her correspondence with Jefferson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conflict in the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson, including an analysis of their actions before and after the election, and how the letters were used to display their disagreements.
Essay Topic 2
Adams' Defense of the Constitutions of the United States countered the criticisms of the revolutionary new government that was being designed for America.
1) Describe the criticism about the American government that prompted Adams to write Defense of the Constitutions of the United States.
2) Explain the source of the criticism and the possible reasons for it.
3) Analyze three main points that Adams made in Defense of the Constitutions of the United States to support the country's foundation.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the ways that Jefferson became involved with education, the design that he had for public school systems and universities, and the subjects that he and Adams thought should be taught. Also, provide a comparison of their idea of education and the current educational system of the country.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)