|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the last letter in Chapter 8 written?
2. What did Jefferson think the electorate had the ability to select?
3. When did Adams think even an aristocracy of virtue could be corrupted?
4. What did Adams and Jefferson think their age would help?
5. How many years were covered, by the letters included in Chapter 11?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the perceived "radical" element in the views of Adams and Jefferson, the source of the label, their opinions of moderates of the time, and the reasons supporting their views. Also, provide an analysis of how the meaning of the term "radical" has been applied to other people or issues in the country.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the aspects of aristocracy, why it was considered a threat to freedom, and the outlook of Adams and Jefferson on the ways to limit aristocracy.
Essay Topic 3
Thomas Paine's Rights of Man divided Adams and Jefferson in opinion and political views.
1) Explain Paine's message in Rights of Man and its relevance to that time in history.
2) Describe the events that added to the divide between Adams and Jefferson in their opinions of Rights of Man.
3) Analyze the reasons behind the views of Adams and Jefferson and what they indicated for both of their individual political positions.
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)