|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Adams and Jefferson approach politics in their letters, in Chapter 9?
2. What was Jefferson's opinion of Adams' philosophy of government, in Chapter 8?
3. What happened to the letter that Jefferson wrote to congratulate Adams when the election was over, before the results were known?
4. Along with languages, math, natural science, medicine, and philosophy, what other subjects did the letters recommend for universities?
5. Which one of the following was not included in the description of Dr. Rush?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Federalist party and the Republican party had some common goals, but different ideas about how to achieve them.
1) Explain the main positions of the Federalist party, its members, and their view of America.
2) Explain the main positions of the Republican party, its members, and their view of America.
2) Analyze the philosophical differences of Adams and Jefferson and the parties they represented.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the conflict in the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson, including an analysis of their actions before and after the election, and how the letters were used to display their disagreements.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the theme of friendship in The Adams-Jefferson Letters and how the friendship of Adams and Jefferson endured through time, tests, and silence.
This section contains 1,232 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)