Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Adams and Jefferson think their age would help?
2. When was the Consular Convention with France that Jefferson discussed in a letter to Adams?
3. How much time had passed before Abigail wrote Jefferson a letter?
4. How often did Adams and Jefferson write as they aged?
5. How did Adams and Jefferson think the conditions were in the eighteenth century?
Discuss the perceived "radical" element in the views of Adams and Jefferson, the source of the label, their opinions of moderates of the time, and the reasons supporting their views. Also, provide an analysis of how the meaning of the term "radical" has been applied to other people or issues in the country.
Analyze the irony in the European response to the Barbary piracy, including the reasons for it, and the difference in the way the United States responded to the same threat, as well as the past and present differences in the U.S. and Europe.
Chronicle the development of the representative style of government, why Adams and Jefferson wanted the American people to understand how it worked, and how their reflection of Independence and American Revolution included the preservation of certain documents that would ensure the continued prosperity of the United States.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)