|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Adams consider the U.S. Constitution?
2. What was the profession of Maria Cosway's husband?
(d) Business owner.
3. Besides letters, what else did Adams and Jefferson write?
(b) Other documents.
(c) Books, poems, and other documents.
4. In the order of the U.S. Presidents, when did John Adams and Thomas Jefferson hold the office respectively?
(a) They were the third and fourth Presidents.
(b) They were the second and eighth Presidents.
(c) They were the fourth and eighth Presidents.
(d) They were the second and third Presidents.
5. What happened to the interest payments on the debt that America had acquired during the war to France?
(a) They were suspended.
(b) They were increased.
(c) They were reduced.
(d) They were eliminated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
2. As mentioned in Chapter 4, when did Jefferson visit England on Adams' request?
3. When did the results of the Constitutional Convention ion 1787 reach Adams and Jefferson?
4. When was Jefferson a governor?
5. How much of a concern was Prussia for Adams and Jefferson between 1785 and 1786?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Adams doing to gain valuable diplomatic experience from 1776 to 1778, as Jefferson prepared to govern Virginia?
2. How did Adams respond to a meeting with the ambassador of Tripoli, in Chapter 4?
3. What did Adams caution Jefferson about, at the end of Chapter 3?
4. Why did Adams move to London and what reaction did he receive from the British?
5. For which qualities did Adams and Jefferson respect each other?
6. Which two options did Adams and Jefferson give to Congress about dealing with the Barbary pirates, in Chapter 4?
7. What was Adams' opinion of Jefferson's presidency?
8. What caused Adams and Jefferson to focus on the whale fishery markets, in Chapter 3?
9. Why are the Federalists no longer a political party?
10. Why did Jefferson stop writing to Abigail, in Chapter 5?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)