|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after Adams established a friendly relationship with the Dutch would it help the U.S. alleviate debt?
(a) Two years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Six years.
2. Where did Adams negotiate with the Portuguese?
3. What year was it when Jefferson attempted to renew his correspondence with Abigail?
4. How was France's old regime described in 1787?
(a) Near collapse.
(b) Halfway collapsed.
(c) Just starting to collapse.
5. When did Vergennes pass away?
(a) April, 1787.
(b) February, 1787.
(c) February, 1788.
(d) April, 1788.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Adams think material improvements were changing people?
2. How many missions were made to Algiers to deal with the Barbary pirates?
3. As mentioned in Chapter 1, which of Adams' skills stood out to Jefferson?
4. When did Adams and Jefferson work well together at the Continental Congress?
5. What things did Jefferson think governed Algiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Adams' opinion of Jefferson's presidency?
2. Which difficulties did Adams and Jefferson have in negotiating with Britain, and how did they respond to them?
3. What did Adams caution Jefferson about, at the end of Chapter 3?
4. How were Adams and Jefferson described in the Introduction?
5. How and why did Adams leave his position as diplomat in London?
6. How did the U.S. lose a strategic link to France in 1787?
7. Which concerns did Adams and Jefferson have about Independence and liberty at the end of Chapter 1?
8. Why did Adams move to London and what reaction did he receive from the British?
9. How did Adams develop a positive association with the Dutch, in Chapter 2?
10. How did Adams respond to a meeting with the ambassador of Tripoli, in Chapter 4?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)