|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was the Dutch loan that Adams secured?
(a) Three hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Four hundred thousand dollars.
(c) One hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Two hundred thousand dollars.
2. How was Jefferson received in the England court as he tried to secure a commercial treaty?
3. Along with the Dutch loan that Adams secured, what was the percentage to transfer the debt from France to Holland?
(a) Five percent.
(b) Fourteen percent.
(c) One percent.
(d) Ten percent.
4. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
(a) By a Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
(b) By a Native and Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
(c) By an Original Member of the House of Burgesses.
(d) By a Native and Member of the House of Burgesses.
5. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
2. When did Richard Henry Lee propose the resolution that Congress should secede from Britain?
3. What did the British do while Jefferson was trying to secure the commercial treaty, in Chapter 4?
4. When was Jefferson a governor?
5. Where did Adams go to help secure formal recognition of American independence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Federalists no longer a political party?
2. What was the irony of the European position on the Barbary pirates?
3. What events led Jefferson to France in 1784?
4. How did Adams develop a positive association with the Dutch, in Chapter 2?
5. What was the result of Adams' loan negotiations with the Dutch?
6. Which concerns did Adams and Jefferson have about their diplomatic negotiations, in Chapter 3?
7. Which two options did Adams and Jefferson give to Congress about dealing with the Barbary pirates, in Chapter 4?
8. Why did Jefferson stop writing to Abigail, in Chapter 5?
9. What caused Adams and Jefferson to focus on the whale fishery markets, in Chapter 3?
10. Why were Adams and Jefferson considered to be radical by some people, in Chapter 1?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)