|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which type of effect did Adams think Shay's Rebellion would have on government?
(a) It would maintain its power.
(b) It would reduce its power.
(c) It would add to its power.
(d) It would have no effect.
2. Where did Adams travel as a Diplomat in 1778?
3. Why were Adams and Jefferson effectively matched in mental power and training?
(a) They were both trained by the same person.
(b) They were both trained in the law.
(c) They both went to the same schools.
(d) They both taught at the same schools.
4. How did France respond to the complications and complaints of the whale-oil fishery?
(a) They increased oil trading.
(b) They banned oil trading.
(c) They increased whaling.
(d) They banned whaling.
5. When did the results of the Constitutional Convention ion 1787 reach Adams and Jefferson?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was France's old regime described in 1787?
2. When did Vergennes pass away?
3. Which type of issues did Adams and Jefferson discuss primarily when their correspondence resumed?
4. How long was Adams the Commissioner to France?
5. What did Adams and Jefferson think about Great Britain in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which difficulties did Adams and Jefferson have in negotiating with Britain, and how did they respond to them?
2. Which concerns did Adams and Jefferson have about Independence and liberty at the end of Chapter 1?
3. What was the result of Adams' loan negotiations with the Dutch?
4. What did Adams caution Jefferson about, at the end of Chapter 3?
5. How were Adams and Jefferson described in the Introduction?
6. Where were Adams and Jefferson during the Federal Convention, and what was their opinion of it?
7. Why are the Federalists no longer a political party?
8. What events led Jefferson to France in 1784?
9. What role did Abigail Adams have in the letters?
10. How did Adams and Jefferson meet?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)