|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had Adams and Jefferson served as delegates in the lower house of their local legislatures when they met?
(a) A few years.
(b) One year.
(c) Many years.
(d) Two years.
2. Which month was the first letter in Chapter 3 written?
3. How many missions were made to Algiers to deal with the Barbary pirates?
4. What was the name of Jefferson's daughter that was sent to England to study with Abigail?
5. What happened to the interest payments on the debt that America had acquired during the war to France?
(a) They were reduced.
(b) They were increased.
(c) They were eliminated.
(d) They were suspended.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Jefferson the governor?
2. When did Vergennes pass away?
3. Where did Adams go to help secure formal recognition of American independence?
4. How much of a concern was Prussia for Adams and Jefferson between 1785 and 1786?
5. What did Vergennes lend to the U.S.?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Adams respond to a meeting with the ambassador of Tripoli, in Chapter 4?
2. For which qualities did Adams and Jefferson respect each other?
3. How did the U.S. lose a strategic link to France in 1787?
4. What was Adams doing to gain valuable diplomatic experience from 1776 to 1778, as Jefferson prepared to govern Virginia?
5. What caused Adams and Jefferson to focus on the whale fishery markets, in Chapter 3?
6. Why did Adams move to London and what reaction did he receive from the British?
7. How did Adams develop a positive association with the Dutch, in Chapter 2?
8. Which difficulties did Adams and Jefferson have in negotiating with Britain, and how did they respond to them?
9. How were Adams and Jefferson described in the Introduction?
10. How was the Constitution written?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)