|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As mentioned in Chapter 4, when did Jefferson visit England on Adams' request?
2. How long was Adams the Commissioner to France?
(a) From 1774 to 1778.
(b) From 1775 to 1779.
(c) From 1774 to 1776.
(d) From 1777 to 1779.
3. How long were Adams and Jefferson apart before they met on August 7th of 1784?
(a) Five and a half years.
(b) Four and a half years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Four years.
4. How did Jefferson meet Mrs. Maria Cosway?
(a) On a business trip.
(b) Through a friend.
(c) By accident.
(d) During a vacation.
5. What things did Jefferson think governed Algiers?
(a) Money and fear.
(b) Fear and cowardice.
(c) Money, fear, and cowardice.
(d) Money and cowardice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
2. Which of the following was the result of the Dutch loan secured by Adams?
3. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
4. In what country was Adams a diplomat in the 1780s?
5. What alarmed Adams and Jefferson about the looting by the Barbary States?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were Adams and Jefferson considered to be radical by some people, in Chapter 1?
2. What role did Abigail Adams have in the letters?
3. What was Adams doing to gain valuable diplomatic experience from 1776 to 1778, as Jefferson prepared to govern Virginia?
4. What did Adams caution Jefferson about, at the end of Chapter 3?
5. How were Adams and Jefferson described in the Introduction?
6. What caused Adams and Jefferson to focus on the whale fishery markets, in Chapter 3?
7. Which party did Jefferson belong to and what did it stand for?
8. How was the Constitution written?
9. What was the Defense of the Constitutions of the United States?
10. What events led Jefferson to France in 1784?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)