|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Increasing trade with Europe.
(b) Reducing trade with Europe.
(c) Ignoring European politics.
(d) Getting too involved with European politics.
2. How were Adams' negotiations with the Portuguese described in Chapter 3?
3. When was the last letter in Chapter 4 written?
(a) February, 1787.
(b) July, 1787.
(c) October, 1787.
(d) January, 1787.
4. How much of a concern was Prussia for Adams and Jefferson between 1785 and 1786?
(a) A major concern.
(b) A minor concern.
(c) The only concern.
(d) No concern.
5. How many years after the Declaration of Independence did Adams and Jefferson pass away?
(b) Twenty five.
Short Answer Questions
1. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
2. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
3. When was Jefferson a governor?
4. How many missions were made to Algiers to deal with the Barbary pirates?
5. Which of the following was the result of the Dutch loan secured by Adams?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Adams caution Jefferson about, at the end of Chapter 3?
2. What was the result of Adams' loan negotiations with the Dutch?
3. How did Adams and Jefferson meet?
4. What was the Defense of the Constitutions of the United States?
5. Which criticism of the Constitution did Adams refute, in Chapter 5?
6. How and why did Adams leave his position as diplomat in London?
7. What role did Abigail Adams have in the letters?
8. How did Adams respond to Jefferson's appointment as a diplomat in France?
9. What was the irony of the European position on the Barbary pirates?
10. How did Adams develop a positive association with the Dutch, in Chapter 2?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)