Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Jefferson return to France in Chapter 4 and begin writing to Adams again?
(a) The beginning of October.
(b) The end of October.
(c) The beginning of April.
(d) The end of April.
2. Which of the following was not included in Jefferson's description in the Introduction?
3. When did Adams think material improvements were changing people?
(a) Before the War of 1812.
(b) During the War of 1812.
(c) After the War of 1812.
(d) Both during and after the War of 1812.
4. Which of the following was the result of the Dutch loan secured by Adams?
(a) Neither the loan nor the transfer were approved.
(b) Both the loan and the transfer were approved.
(c) The loan was approved, but the transfer was rejected.
(d) The transfer was approved, but the loan was rejected.
5. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
(a) They resented Britain's navigation acts.
(b) They resented Britain's policies with the U.S.
(c) They resented Britain's politics.
(d) They resented Britain's economic acts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Adams and Jefferson served as delegates in the lower house of their local legislatures when they met?
2. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
3. How was Adams described in the Introduction?
4. Which of the following was one of the reasons why Adams wrote the Defense of the Constitutions of the United States?
5. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why did Adams leave his position as diplomat in London?
2. How did Abigail resume her correspondence with Jefferson?
3. How did the correspondence of 1804 stop?
4. How did Adams and Jefferson approach political topics in their renewed correspondence?
5. What difference of opinion did Adams and Jefferson have about Thomas Paine's Rights of Man?
6. Which of Jefferson's actions upset the Adamses, in Chapter 8?
7. Why did Jefferson write to Adams after the election?
8. How did Adams respond to a meeting with the ambassador of Tripoli, in Chapter 4?
9. What interests did Adams and Jefferson have in the later years of their correspondence?
10. What was Adams' opinion of Jefferson's presidency?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)