|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
(a) 1777 and 1881.
(b) 1775 and 1880.
(c) 1774 and 1879.
(d) 1778 and 1882.
2. What was the name of Jefferson's daughter that was sent to England to study with Abigail?
3. Why was Jefferson's future job suspended in 1783?
(a) The job could not be funded.
(b) Peace was near.
(c) Jefferson was too far away.
(d) The War was ongoing.
4. How did Adams consider the U.S. Constitution?
5. Where did Adams travel as a Diplomat in 1778?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Adams think material improvements were changing people?
2. When did Adams and Jefferson meet to talk about a new loan for the U.S.?
3. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
4. Why did the Europeans ironically permit the Barbary piracy?
5. As mentioned in Chapter 1, which of Adams' skills stood out to Jefferson?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which criticism of the Constitution did Adams refute, in Chapter 5?
2. How did Adams and Jefferson meet?
3. What did Adams caution Jefferson about, at the end of Chapter 3?
4. How was Abigail described in the Introduction?
5. How and why did Adams leave his position as diplomat in London?
6. Which party did Jefferson belong to and what did it stand for?
7. Why did Adams move to London and what reaction did he receive from the British?
8. Which two options did Adams and Jefferson give to Congress about dealing with the Barbary pirates, in Chapter 4?
9. How did the U.S. lose a strategic link to France in 1787?
10. For which qualities did Adams and Jefferson respect each other?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)