|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
(a) The American Representatives.
(b) The American Commission.
(c) The American Delegation.
(d) The American Ambassadors.
2. Leading to his support of the Bill of Rights, what was Adams' initial concern during the Federal Convention?
(a) That the people would not be represented.
(b) That the senate would have too much power.
(c) That the senate would be ineffective.
(d) That the people would not have their say.
3. When did Adams think material improvements were changing people?
(a) Before the War of 1812.
(b) After the War of 1812.
(c) During the War of 1812.
(d) Both during and after the War of 1812.
4. What things did Jefferson think governed Algiers?
(a) Money and fear.
(b) Fear and cowardice.
(c) Money and cowardice.
(d) Money, fear, and cowardice.
5. In order to design a trade treatise, what position was Jefferson given by Congress in 1784?
(a) Minister resident.
(b) Second Secretary.
(c) First Secretary.
(d) Minister plenipotentiary.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Adams the Commissioner to France?
2. Which type of effect did Adams think Shay's Rebellion would have on government?
3. What was the profession of Maria Cosway's husband?
4. How many times did Jefferson mention Cosway in his letters to Abigail Adams?
5. Why were Adams and Jefferson effectively matched in mental power and training?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Adams caution Jefferson about, at the end of Chapter 3?
2. How was the Constitution written?
3. How were Adams and Jefferson described in the Introduction?
4. What difference of opinion did Adams and Jefferson have about Thomas Paine's Rights of Man?
5. What tested the friendship of Adams and Jefferson in 1813?
6. Why did Abigail write to Jefferson in 1804?
7. How did Adams and Jefferson approach political topics in their renewed correspondence?
8. What interests did Adams and Jefferson have in the later years of their correspondence?
9. Which party did Jefferson belong to and what did it stand for?
10. Which concerns did Adams and Jefferson have about their diplomatic negotiations, in Chapter 3?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)