|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which type of effect did Adams think Shay's Rebellion would have on government?
(a) It would have no effect.
(b) It would reduce its power.
(c) It would maintain its power.
(d) It would add to its power.
2. When was Adams released from his position as diplomat?
(a) Spring of 1789.
(b) Fall of 1788.
(c) Spring of 1788.
(d) Fall of 1789.
3. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
4. When did the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson resume?
5. Why was Jefferson's future job suspended in 1783?
(a) Jefferson was too far away.
(b) The War was ongoing.
(c) Peace was near.
(d) The job could not be funded.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jefferson return to the United States?
2. How long had Adams and Jefferson served as delegates in the lower house of their local legislatures when they met?
3. How many missions were made to Algiers to deal with the Barbary pirates?
4. What did Adams and Jefferson think about Great Britain in Chapter 3?
5. What alarmed Adams and Jefferson about the looting by the Barbary States?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Jefferson's opinion of the Algerian government and why?
2. How did Adams develop a positive association with the Dutch, in Chapter 2?
3. How did the U.S. lose a strategic link to France in 1787?
4. Where were Adams and Jefferson during the Federal Convention, and what was their opinion of it?
5. What events led Jefferson to France in 1784?
6. What was the result of Adams' loan negotiations with the Dutch?
7. For which qualities did Adams and Jefferson respect each other?
8. What did Adams caution Jefferson about, at the end of Chapter 3?
9. How and why did Adams leave his position as diplomat in London?
10. Why were Adams and Jefferson considered to be radical by some people, in Chapter 1?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)