|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Increasing trade with Europe.
(b) Ignoring European politics.
(c) Getting too involved with European politics.
(d) Reducing trade with Europe.
2. When did Richard Henry Lee propose the resolution that Congress should secede from Britain?
(a) June 7th.
(b) July 4th.
(c) June 4th.
(d) July 7th.
3. When did Jefferson join Adams and Benjamin Franklin in France?
4. What happened to the interest payments on the debt that America had acquired during the war to France?
(a) They were increased.
(b) They were eliminated.
(c) They were reduced.
(d) They were suspended.
5. How long had Adams and Jefferson served as delegates in the lower house of their local legislatures when they met?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Many years.
(d) A few years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Adams described in the Introduction?
2. As mentioned in Chapter 4, when did Jefferson visit England on Adams' request?
3. In the Novanglus letters, what did Adams defend for the Bay Colony?
4. How much was the Dutch loan that Adams secured?
5. What was the name of Jefferson's daughter that was sent to England to study with Abigail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which difficulties did Adams and Jefferson have in negotiating with Britain, and how did they respond to them?
2. Why did Jefferson stop writing to Abigail, in Chapter 5?
3. Why did Adams move to London and what reaction did he receive from the British?
4. How was the Constitution written?
5. Why were Adams and Jefferson considered to be radical by some people, in Chapter 1?
6. How did Adams respond to Jefferson's appointment as a diplomat in France?
7. How were Adams and Jefferson described in the Introduction?
8. What was the Defense of the Constitutions of the United States?
9. What events led Jefferson to France in 1784?
10. For which qualities did Adams and Jefferson respect each other?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)