|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
(a) By a Native and Member of the House of Burgesses.
(b) By an Original Member of the House of Burgesses.
(c) By a Native and Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
(d) By a Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
2. Where did Adams negotiate with the Portuguese?
3. How long after Adams established a friendly relationship with the Dutch would it help the U.S. alleviate debt?
(a) Six years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Eight years.
4. How did Adams consider the U.S. Constitution?
5. When was Jefferson a governor?
(a) From 1777 to 1778.
(b) From 1779 to 1781.
(c) From 1780 to 1782.
(d) From 1778 to 1780.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to design a trade treatise, what position was Jefferson given by Congress in 1784?
2. Which of the following was the result of the Dutch loan secured by Adams?
3. Why was the whale fishery lowered during the War of Independence?
4. When did Vergennes pass away?
5. As mentioned in Chapter 1, which of Adams' skills stood out to Jefferson?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the U.S. lose a strategic link to France in 1787?
2. How was Abigail described in the Introduction?
3. Why are the Federalists no longer a political party?
4. Where were Adams and Jefferson during the Federal Convention, and what was their opinion of it?
5. Which difficulties did Adams and Jefferson have in negotiating with Britain, and how did they respond to them?
6. How was the Constitution written?
7. How did Adams and Jefferson meet?
8. How did Adams develop a positive association with the Dutch, in Chapter 2?
9. What was Jefferson's opinion of the Algerian government and why?
10. Which two options did Adams and Jefferson give to Congress about dealing with the Barbary pirates, in Chapter 4?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)