|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Adams consider the U.S. Constitution?
2. When was Adams released from his position as diplomat?
(a) Spring of 1789.
(b) Fall of 1788.
(c) Fall of 1789.
(d) Spring of 1788.
3. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
(a) By a Native and Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
(b) By a Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
(c) By an Original Member of the House of Burgesses.
(d) By a Native and Member of the House of Burgesses.
4. Why were Adams and Jefferson effectively matched in mental power and training?
(a) They were both trained in the law.
(b) They both taught at the same schools.
(c) They both went to the same schools.
(d) They were both trained by the same person.
5. How long was Adams the Commissioner to France?
(a) From 1775 to 1779.
(b) From 1774 to 1778.
(c) From 1777 to 1779.
(d) From 1774 to 1776.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was it when Jefferson attempted to renew his correspondence with Abigail?
2. When did Jefferson return to France in Chapter 4 and begin writing to Adams again?
3. When did the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson resume?
4. Which queen protected American vessels from the Barbary pirates, in Chapter 4?
5. At what time did Adams and Abigail return to Boston?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which party did Jefferson belong to and what did it stand for?
2. Which criticism of the Constitution did Adams refute, in Chapter 5?
3. Where were Adams and Jefferson during the Federal Convention, and what was their opinion of it?
4. What caused Adams and Jefferson to focus on the whale fishery markets, in Chapter 3?
5. What was Adams doing to gain valuable diplomatic experience from 1776 to 1778, as Jefferson prepared to govern Virginia?
6. What was the irony of the European position on the Barbary pirates?
7. How was the Constitution written?
8. How was Abigail described in the Introduction?
9. Why are the Federalists no longer a political party?
10. How did Adams and Jefferson meet?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)