|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the Constitutional Convention of 1787 held?
2. When did Jefferson return to the United States?
(a) Summer of 1789.
(b) Winter of 1789.
(c) Fall of 1789.
(d) Fall of 1789.
3. What was the name of Jefferson's daughter that was sent to England to study with Abigail?
4. Which of the following was the result of the Dutch loan secured by Adams?
(a) The transfer was approved, but the loan was rejected.
(b) Both the loan and the transfer were approved.
(c) The loan was approved, but the transfer was rejected.
(d) Neither the loan nor the transfer were approved.
5. In order to design a trade treatise, what position was Jefferson given by Congress in 1784?
(a) Minister resident.
(b) Minister plenipotentiary.
(c) Second Secretary.
(d) First Secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was the treaty between Algeria and the U.S.?
2. When was Jefferson a governor?
3. How many times did Jefferson mention Cosway in his letters to Abigail Adams?
4. How was France's old regime described in 1787?
5. Along with the Dutch loan that Adams secured, what was the percentage to transfer the debt from France to Holland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What events led Jefferson to France in 1784?
2. Why did Jefferson stop writing to Abigail, in Chapter 5?
3. How did whale-oil fishery become an issue again in 1788?
4. How did Adams respond to a meeting with the ambassador of Tripoli, in Chapter 4?
5. Which party did Jefferson belong to and what did it stand for?
6. How did Adams develop a positive association with the Dutch, in Chapter 2?
7. Why did Adams move to London and what reaction did he receive from the British?
8. How were Adams and Jefferson described in the Introduction?
9. Where were Adams and Jefferson during the Federal Convention, and what was their opinion of it?
10. Which concerns did Adams and Jefferson have about their diplomatic negotiations, in Chapter 3?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)