|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
(a) Financing the war and regulating trade.
(b) Public opinion and regulating trade.
(c) Financing the war, public opinion, and regulating trade.
(d) Financing the war and public opinion.
2. How long did Jefferson and Abigail stop corresponding after the Adamses moved from London?
(a) Sixteen years.
(b) Fourteen years.
(c) Eighteen years.
(d) Twenty years.
3. Leading to his support of the Bill of Rights, what was Adams' initial concern during the Federal Convention?
(a) That the people would not be represented.
(b) That the senate would have too much power.
(c) That the people would not have their say.
(d) That the senate would be ineffective.
4. When did Adams and Jefferson meet to talk about a new loan for the U.S.?
(a) Early 1789.
(b) Early 1788.
(c) Late 1788.
(d) Late 1789.
5. In 1784, how much experience did Adams have in diplomacy?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Five months.
(c) Five years.
(d) Seven months.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Vergennes pass away?
2. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
3. How old was Adams when he met Jefferson?
4. How much was the Dutch loan that Adams secured?
5. Where was the Constitutional Convention of 1787 held?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Adams and Jefferson find their financial situations later in their lives?
2. In Chapter 10, which source of information did Adams inform Jefferson he had given up and why?
3. How was Abigail described in the Introduction?
4. How did Adams and Jefferson approach political topics in their renewed correspondence?
5. How did Adams and Jefferson meet?
6. How was Adams' political work misinterpreted?
7. What difference of opinion did Adams and Jefferson have about Thomas Paine's Rights of Man?
8. How did Adams and Jefferson describe the world in their later letters?
9. Which party did Jefferson belong to and what did it stand for?
10. What tested the friendship of Adams and Jefferson in 1813?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)