|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Jefferson's daughter that was sent to England to study with Abigail?
2. When was Adams released from his position as diplomat?
(a) Spring of 1788.
(b) Spring of 1789.
(c) Fall of 1788.
(d) Fall of 1789.
3. How long had Adams and Jefferson served as delegates in the lower house of their local legislatures when they met?
(a) Two years.
(b) Many years.
(c) One year.
(d) A few years.
4. When did Jefferson return to the United States?
(a) Fall of 1789.
(b) Fall of 1789.
(c) Winter of 1789.
(d) Summer of 1789.
5. Why was Jefferson's future job suspended in 1783?
(a) The job could not be funded.
(b) Peace was near.
(c) The War was ongoing.
(d) Jefferson was too far away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides letters, what else did Adams and Jefferson write?
2. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
3. How long did Jefferson and Abigail stop corresponding after the Adamses moved from London?
4. What year was the treaty between Algeria and the U.S.?
5. Along with the Dutch loan that Adams secured, what was the percentage to transfer the debt from France to Holland?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which concerns did Adams and Jefferson have about their diplomatic negotiations, in Chapter 3?
2. What caused Adams and Jefferson to focus on the whale fishery markets, in Chapter 3?
3. What role did Abigail Adams have in the letters?
4. How was the Constitution written?
5. What was Adams doing to gain valuable diplomatic experience from 1776 to 1778, as Jefferson prepared to govern Virginia?
6. What was Jefferson's opinion of the Algerian government and why?
7. How were Adams and Jefferson described in the Introduction?
8. How did Adams respond to a meeting with the ambassador of Tripoli, in Chapter 4?
9. Which difficulties did Adams and Jefferson have in negotiating with Britain, and how did they respond to them?
10. Where were Adams and Jefferson during the Federal Convention, and what was their opinion of it?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)