|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1784, how much experience did Adams have in diplomacy?
(a) Seven months.
(b) Five years.
(c) Five months.
(d) Seven years.
2. Why did the Europeans ironically permit the Barbary piracy?
(a) They were unaware of the piracy.
(b) They hired the pirates and dictated their activity.
(c) They thought they would benefit from the destruction of trade between other nations.
(d) They were afraid of the pirates.
3. When did Jefferson's wife pass away?
4. Leading to his support of the Bill of Rights, what was Adams' initial concern during the Federal Convention?
(a) That the people would not be represented.
(b) That the people would not have their say.
(c) That the senate would have too much power.
(d) That the senate would be ineffective.
5. How long did Jefferson and Abigail stop corresponding after the Adamses moved from London?
(a) Fourteen years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Sixteen years.
(d) Eighteen years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the British do while Jefferson was trying to secure the commercial treaty, in Chapter 4?
2. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
3. As mentioned in Chapter 4, when did Jefferson visit England on Adams' request?
4. Besides letters, what else did Adams and Jefferson write?
5. Which day was it when both Adams and Jefferson passed away?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Adams' political work misinterpreted?
2. What was the Defense of the Constitutions of the United States?
3. What events led Jefferson to France in 1784?
4. What role did Abigail Adams have in the letters?
5. What tested the friendship of Adams and Jefferson in 1813?
6. Which concerns did Adams and Jefferson have about Independence and liberty at the end of Chapter 1?
7. What was Adams' opinion of Jefferson's presidency?
8. Which party did Jefferson belong to and what did it stand for?
9. Where were Adams and Jefferson during the Federal Convention, and what was their opinion of it?
10. Which concerns did Adams and Jefferson have about their diplomatic negotiations, in Chapter 3?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)