|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
(a) The American Representatives.
(b) The American Ambassadors.
(c) The American Delegation.
(d) The American Commission.
2. In order to design a trade treatise, what position was Jefferson given by Congress in 1784?
(a) Second Secretary.
(b) First Secretary.
(c) Minister plenipotentiary.
(d) Minister resident.
3. What was the profession of Maria Cosway's husband?
(c) Business owner.
4. How did Adams consider the U.S. Constitution?
5. Which type of effect did Adams think Shay's Rebellion would have on government?
(a) It would add to its power.
(b) It would reduce its power.
(c) It would have no effect.
(d) It would maintain its power.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jefferson return to France in Chapter 4 and begin writing to Adams again?
2. What impressed Adams about Jefferson?
3. Along with the Dutch loan that Adams secured, what was the percentage to transfer the debt from France to Holland?
4. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
5. Why was Jefferson's future job suspended in 1783?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the result of Adams' loan negotiations with the Dutch?
2. How did whale-oil fishery become an issue again in 1788?
3. Which party did Jefferson belong to and what did it stand for?
4. Why are the Federalists no longer a political party?
5. Which difficulties did Adams and Jefferson have in negotiating with Britain, and how did they respond to them?
6. How was Abigail described in the Introduction?
7. Which criticism of the Constitution did Adams refute, in Chapter 5?
8. For which qualities did Adams and Jefferson respect each other?
9. What role did Abigail Adams have in the letters?
10. Where were Adams and Jefferson during the Federal Convention, and what was their opinion of it?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)