|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long were Adams and Jefferson apart before they met on August 7th of 1784?
(a) Five and a half years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Four and a half years.
2. When did Jefferson return to the United States?
(a) Fall of 1789.
(b) Winter of 1789.
(c) Fall of 1789.
(d) Summer of 1789.
3. What did the British do while Jefferson was trying to secure the commercial treaty, in Chapter 4?
(a) They delayed and showed indifference.
(b) They neither delayed nor showed indifference.
(c) They showed indifference, but did not delay.
(d) They delayed, but did not show indifference.
4. Which month was the first letter in Chapter 3 written?
5. Why did the Europeans ironically permit the Barbary piracy?
(a) They were unaware of the piracy.
(b) They thought they would benefit from the destruction of trade between other nations.
(c) They were afraid of the pirates.
(d) They hired the pirates and dictated their activity.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Jefferson and Abigail stop corresponding after the Adamses moved from London?
2. What did Adams and Jefferson think about Great Britain in Chapter 3?
3. When did Jefferson's wife pass away?
4. When did Adams think material improvements were changing people?
5. When was the last letter in Chapter 4 written?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Adams and Jefferson meet?
2. What was the result of Adams' loan negotiations with the Dutch?
3. Which two options did Adams and Jefferson give to Congress about dealing with the Barbary pirates, in Chapter 4?
4. Which concerns did Adams and Jefferson have about their diplomatic negotiations, in Chapter 3?
5. What events led Jefferson to France in 1784?
6. What was Adams' opinion of Jefferson's presidency?
7. How did Adams respond to Jefferson's appointment as a diplomat in France?
8. Why did Adams move to London and what reaction did he receive from the British?
9. What caused Adams and Jefferson to focus on the whale fishery markets, in Chapter 3?
10. What was Jefferson's opinion of the Algerian government and why?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)