|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Jefferson return to the United States?
(a) Summer of 1789.
(b) Fall of 1789.
(c) Fall of 1789.
(d) Winter of 1789.
2. What was the name of Jefferson's daughter that was sent to England to study with Abigail?
3. Where was the Constitutional Convention of 1787 held?
4. Why was Jefferson's future job suspended in 1783?
(a) The job could not be funded.
(b) The War was ongoing.
(c) Peace was near.
(d) Jefferson was too far away.
5. When did Adams and Jefferson work well together at the Continental Congress?
Short Answer Questions
1. What age was Jefferson when he met Adams?
2. When did Jefferson's wife pass away?
3. When did Jefferson return to France in Chapter 4 and begin writing to Adams again?
4. What did Vergennes lend to the U.S.?
5. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Jefferson's opinion of the Algerian government and why?
2. What was Adams doing to gain valuable diplomatic experience from 1776 to 1778, as Jefferson prepared to govern Virginia?
3. What events led Jefferson to France in 1784?
4. How did Adams respond to a meeting with the ambassador of Tripoli, in Chapter 4?
5. Which party did Jefferson belong to and what did it stand for?
6. What was the Defense of the Constitutions of the United States?
7. How did whale-oil fishery become an issue again in 1788?
8. What caused Adams and Jefferson to focus on the whale fishery markets, in Chapter 3?
9. How was the Constitution written?
10. What was the irony of the European position on the Barbary pirates?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)