|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What items did Adams and Jefferson focus on gaining admittance to French markets?
(a) Whale oil and candles.
(b) Candles and fishing supplies.
(c) Whale oil, fishing supplies, and candles.
(d) Whale oil and fishing supplies.
2. When did the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson resume?
3. Why did Adams return to France in 1780?
(a) To negotiate with Italy for trade.
(b) To negotiate with Italy for peace.
(c) To negotiate with Great Britain for trade.
(d) To negotiate with Great Britain for peace.
4. What year was the treaty between Algeria and the U.S.?
5. What things did Jefferson think governed Algiers?
(a) Money, fear, and cowardice.
(b) Money and fear.
(c) Fear and cowardice.
(d) Money and cowardice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was it when Jefferson attempted to renew his correspondence with Abigail?
2. Leading to his support of the Bill of Rights, what was Adams' initial concern during the Federal Convention?
3. Which day was it when both Adams and Jefferson passed away?
4. How did Jefferson meet Mrs. Maria Cosway?
5. Where was Jefferson the governor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which difficulties did Adams and Jefferson have in negotiating with Britain, and how did they respond to them?
2. Which party did Jefferson belong to and what did it stand for?
3. Which two options did Adams and Jefferson give to Congress about dealing with the Barbary pirates, in Chapter 4?
4. What was Jefferson's opinion of the Algerian government and why?
5. Where were Adams and Jefferson during the Federal Convention, and what was their opinion of it?
6. Why did Jefferson stop writing to Abigail, in Chapter 5?
7. How did Adams respond to a meeting with the ambassador of Tripoli, in Chapter 4?
8. How did the U.S. lose a strategic link to France in 1787?
9. What was the result of Adams' loan negotiations with the Dutch?
10. How were Adams and Jefferson described in the Introduction?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)