|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which queen protected American vessels from the Barbary pirates, in Chapter 4?
2. What did Vergennes lend to the U.S.?
(c) Aid, advice, and weapons.
3. How long was Adams the Commissioner to France?
(a) From 1775 to 1779.
(b) From 1774 to 1776.
(c) From 1774 to 1778.
(d) From 1777 to 1779.
4. What year was the treaty between Algeria and the U.S.?
5. How long did Jefferson and Abigail stop corresponding after the Adamses moved from London?
(a) Sixteen years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Eighteen years.
(d) Fourteen years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jefferson join Adams and Benjamin Franklin in France?
2. When did the results of the Constitutional Convention ion 1787 reach Adams and Jefferson?
3. Which of the following was not included in Jefferson's description in the Introduction?
4. When did Vergennes pass away?
5. What things did Jefferson think governed Algiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Adams and Jefferson find their financial situations later in their lives?
2. How was Abigail described in the Introduction?
3. What was Jefferson's opinion of the Algerian government and why?
4. Which concerns did Adams and Jefferson have about their diplomatic negotiations, in Chapter 3?
5. What was the Defense of the Constitutions of the United States?
6. How did Jefferson respond to Adams' analysis of aristocracy, in Chapter 10?
7. What was Adams' opinion of Jefferson's presidency?
8. According to Jefferson's letters in Chapter 8, what caused him to be angry at Adams?
9. What did Adams realize about aristocracy, in Chapter 10?
10. What suggestions for education were discussed, in Chapter 12?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)