|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many differences were resolved between the Adamses and Jefferson, by the end of Chapter 8?
(a) All of them.
(c) Only one.
(d) Some, but not all.
2. When did Jefferson step down as secretary of state?
3. Where did Jefferson live after retiring from the secretary of state position?
4. What year was the "revolution" that the differences in the rival parties were leading to, in Chapter 8?
5. Which year was the last letter in Chapter 11 written?
6. What did Adams and Jefferson think about their past differences later in life?
(a) They were glad to have put them aside.
(b) They thought of ways they could have been avoided.
(c) They thought they could have reconciled sooner.
(d) They were unsure why they lasted so long.
7. When did Jefferson establish the University of Virginia?
8. Which year did Adams and Jefferson battle each other for the presidency?
9. How long before their deaths did Adams and Jefferson write to each other?
(a) Two months.
(b) Four months.
(c) One month.
(d) Three months.
10. Overall, how did Adams and Jefferson view the world?
(a) As generating only pleasure.
(b) As generating more pleasure than pain.
(c) As generating equal amounts of pleasure and pain.
(d) As generating pleasure in order to replace pain.
11. When was the Consular Convention with France that Jefferson discussed in a letter to Adams?
12. How interested in politics were Adams and Jefferson later in life?
(a) Both Adams and Jefferson stayed interested in poiltics.
(b) Adams stayed interested in politics, Jefferson did not.
(c) Neither Adams nor Jefferson stayed interested in politics.
(d) Jefferson stayed interested in politics, Adams did not.
13. What age was Jefferson before the first academic session began at the University of Virginia?
14. What year did both Adams and Jefferson pass away?
15. Why were few letters written between Adams and Jefferson early in their association?
(a) They did not have much to say.
(b) They did not know each other's addresses.
(c) They preferred conversations.
(d) They spoke with each other frequently.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, how was Adams' outlook on the future dealings with aristocracy?
2. How many abdications did Napoleon have?
3. How did both Adams and Jefferson consider the possibility of establishing a mutually beneficial association with Britain?
4. When did Adams think even an aristocracy of virtue could be corrupted?
5. Which of the following did Adams give up in order to focus on the classics?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)