Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Adams and Jefferson think their age would help?
(b) Preventing future wars.
(c) Protecting Independence.
2. When was the Consular Convention with France that Jefferson discussed in a letter to Adams?
3. How much time had passed before Abigail wrote Jefferson a letter?
(a) Four and a half years.
(b) Three and a half years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Three years.
4. How often did Adams and Jefferson write as they aged?
(b) Every day.
(d) Once a week.
5. How did Adams and Jefferson think the conditions were in the eighteenth century?
(a) Improved in some ways.
(b) Improved for all.
(c) Changed slightly.
(d) Changed drastically.
6. Why did the friendship between Adams and Jefferson begin to strain severely?
(a) They were members of different parties.
(b) They were not writing enough letters.
(c) They were in disagreement over the country's overall direction.
(d) They were writing too many letters.
7. What caused Adams to be angry with Jefferson before they reconciled?
(a) Jefferson's association with writers that attempted to misrepresent his writings.
(b) Jefferson's past remarks about his presidency.
(c) Jefferson's past remarks about his vice-presidency.
(d) Jefferson's association with writers that attacked him and his family.
8. How long before their deaths did Adams and Jefferson write to each other?
(a) One month.
(b) Four months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Three months.
9. When did the letters of 1820 begin?
10. How long did Dr. Rush try to reconcile Adams and Jefferson?
(a) A few days.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) A few months.
(d) A few years.
11. Which professional school subjects were included, in the letters of Chapter 12?
(a) Military and naval skill, architecture, fine arts, and accounting.
(b) Military and naval skill, astronomy, fine arts, and agriculture.
(c) Military and naval skill, architecture, geology, and agriculture.
(d) Military and naval skill, architecture, fine arts, and agriculture.
12. What month did Jefferson's daughter pass away?
13. How many abdications did Napoleon have?
14. Which year was the last letter in Chapter 11 written?
15. What did Jefferson do to upset the Adamses?
(a) He gave Callendar a job.
(b) He transferred Callendar to a better prison.
(c) He released Callendar from prison.
(d) He gave Callendar a loan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jefferson consider Adams' midnight appointments?
2. How interested in politics were Adams and Jefferson later in life?
3. How did Jefferson react to Adams' election to the vice-presidency?
4. What year did both Adams and Jefferson pass away?
5. Which documents did Adams and Jefferson want to preserve?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)