|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Adams do in response to Jefferson's presidential win?
(a) He appointed one Federalist to office before Jefferson became president.
(b) He appointed a number of Federalists to office while Jefferson was president.
(c) He appointed one Federalist to office while Jefferson was President.
(d) He appointed a number of Federalists to office before Jefferson became president.
2. How much time had passed before Abigail wrote Jefferson a letter?
(a) Three and a half years.
(b) Four and a half years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Three years.
3. How did Adams and Jefferson think the conditions were in the eighteenth century?
(a) Improved for all.
(b) Changed drastically.
(c) Improved in some ways.
(d) Changed slightly.
4. How many pieces of "Homespun" did Adams send in a letter to Jefferson?
5. What aspects of history did Adams and Jefferson emphasize in their letters?
(a) The psychological aspects.
(b) The economical aspects.
(c) The philosophical aspects.
(d) The political aspects.
6. How many years were covered, by the letters included in Chapter 11?
7. What was Jefferson's opinion of Adams' philosophy of government, in Chapter 8?
(a) That he was too vague.
(b) That he was not an elitist.
(c) That he was too complicated.
(d) That he was too elitist.
8. What year were the letters in Chapter 10 written?
9. How did Jefferson react to Adams' election to the vice-presidency?
(a) He was pleased.
(b) He was surprised.
(c) He was confused.
(d) He had no reaction.
10. What did Jefferson do to upset the Adamses?
(a) He gave Callendar a job.
(b) He transferred Callendar to a better prison.
(c) He gave Callendar a loan.
(d) He released Callendar from prison.
11. When did Abigail Adams pass away from typhoid fever?
12. Based on Adams' explanation, when did aristocracies exist?
(a) In all times.
(b) In the past.
(c) In specific times of the past.
(d) In the present.
13. Which year was the last letter in Chapter 11 written?
14. What war was ongoing as Adams and Jefferson began to write to each other again?
(a) The War of 1812.
(b) The First Seminole War.
(c) The Second Barbary War.
(d) The First Barbary War.
15. Where did Jefferson live after retiring from the secretary of state position?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the letters of 1820 begin?
2. When were the public school systems set up in Virginia?
3. How long before their deaths did Adams and Jefferson write to each other?
4. What did Jefferson think the electorate had the ability to select?
5. What assumption was the starting point of Adams' work about political theory?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)