|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time had passed before Abigail wrote Jefferson a letter?
(a) Four years.
(b) Four and a half years.
(c) Three and a half years.
(d) Three years.
2. Which documents did Adams and Jefferson want to preserve?
(a) The documents about the elections.
(b) The documents about their correspondence.
(c) The documents about the Congress.
(d) The documents about the revolution.
3. Besides the depression, what type of problems were Adams and Jefferson following in England during the post-war world after 1815?
(b) Social, economic, and political.
4. What did Adams and Jefferson blame Napoleon for?
(a) The commercial interests of other countries.
(b) The political interests of the West.
(c) The political interests of the East.
(d) The commercial interests of the North and South.
5. Which one of the following was not provided as a reason for Jefferson's monetary issues?
6. How many letters were exchanged between Adams and Jefferson between 1796 and 1801?
(b) A couple.
(d) A few.
7. How did both Adams and Jefferson consider the possibility of establishing a mutually beneficial association with Britain?
(a) Adams was hopeful, but Jefferson was skeptical.
(b) Both Adams and Jefferson were hopeful.
(c) Jefferson was hopeful, but Adams was skeptical.
(d) Both Adams and Jefferson were skeptical.
8. Which year were the letters in Chapter 8 written?
9. How did Jefferson react to Adams' election to the vice-presidency?
(a) He was surprised.
(b) He was pleased.
(c) He had no reaction.
(d) He was confused.
10. Why were few letters written between Adams and Jefferson early in their association?
(a) They did not know each other's addresses.
(b) They preferred conversations.
(c) They spoke with each other frequently.
(d) They did not have much to say.
11. What did Jefferson think the electorate had the ability to select?
(a) The good and experienced.
(b) The good and wise.
(c) The good, wise, and experienced.
(d) The wise and experienced.
12. What did Adams discover that tested his friendship with Jefferson, after their correspondence had resumed?
(a) Criticisms that Jefferson had made years earlier.
(b) Criticisms that Jefferson had made months earlier.
(c) Criticisms that Jefferson had supported years earlier.
(d) Criticisms that Jefferson had suppoorted months earlier.
13. How did the communication between Adams and Jefferson resume?
(a) The had a conversation at a political meeting.
(b) Jefferson wrote to Adams.
(c) Adams wrote to Jefferson.
(d) They both wrote to each other at the same time.
14. What did Adams and Jefferson think their age would help?
(a) Protecting Independence.
(b) Preventing future wars.
15. How did Abigail's correspondence with Jefferson resume?
(a) Abigail wrote Jefferson a letter separate from her husband's letters.
(b) Abigail added a postscript to one of her husband's letters.
(c) Jefferson wrote Abigail a letter.
(d) Adams informed Jefferson in a letter to resume writing to his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jefferson establish the University of Virginia?
2. Which year did Adams and Jefferson battle each other for the presidency?
3. How did Adams and Jefferson think the conditions were in the eighteenth century?
4. When did Abigail Adams pass away from typhoid fever?
5. How many pieces of "Homespun" did Adams send in a letter to Jefferson?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)