|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which documents did Adams and Jefferson want to preserve?
(a) The documents about the Congress.
(b) The documents about the revolution.
(c) The documents about their correspondence.
(d) The documents about the elections.
2. How did Abigail's correspondence with Jefferson resume?
(a) Abigail wrote Jefferson a letter separate from her husband's letters.
(b) Jefferson wrote Abigail a letter.
(c) Adams informed Jefferson in a letter to resume writing to his wife.
(d) Abigail added a postscript to one of her husband's letters.
3. What was Jefferson's response to Abigail's correspondence, in Chapter 8?
(a) He was happy.
(b) He was confused.
(c) He was not surprised.
(d) He was surprised.
4. What did Adams and Jefferson blame Napoleon for?
(a) The political interests of the East.
(b) The political interests of the West.
(c) The commercial interests of the North and South.
(d) The commercial interests of other countries.
5. Which one of the following was not included in the description of Dr. Rush?
(a) Well known doctor.
(b) Signer of the Declaration.
(c) Writing teacher for both Adams and Jefferson.
(d) Mutual friend of Adams and Jefferson.
6. When was the last letter in Chapter 8 written?
7. How did Adams and Jefferson remember their revolutionary days in their later letters?
8. As mentioned in a letter, which office did John Quincy Adams have before being removed by Jefferson?
(a) Commissioner of finance.
(b) Security commissioner.
(c) Trade commissioner.
(d) Commissioner of bankruptcy.
9. Which one of the following was not provided as a reason for Jefferson's monetary issues?
10. Which cause did Jefferson focus on later in his life?
(a) Supporting new presidential candidates.
(b) Updating the Declaration.
(c) Updating the Constitution.
(d) Establishing the University of Virginia.
11. How many letters were exchanged between Adams and Jefferson between 1796 and 1801?
(a) A couple.
(b) A few.
12. What caused Adams to be angry with Jefferson before they reconciled?
(a) Jefferson's association with writers that attempted to misrepresent his writings.
(b) Jefferson's past remarks about his vice-presidency.
(c) Jefferson's association with writers that attacked him and his family.
(d) Jefferson's past remarks about his presidency.
13. What did Jefferson do to upset the Adamses?
(a) He gave Callendar a loan.
(b) He gave Callendar a job.
(c) He transferred Callendar to a better prison.
(d) He released Callendar from prison.
14. What did Adams do in response to Jefferson's presidential win?
(a) He appointed a number of Federalists to office while Jefferson was president.
(b) He appointed one Federalist to office while Jefferson was President.
(c) He appointed a number of Federalists to office before Jefferson became president.
(d) He appointed one Federalist to office before Jefferson became president.
15. What month did Jefferson's daughter pass away?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the time that Jefferson served as secretary of state, how many letters did he write to Adams about foreign policy?
2. What did Dr. Rush do in an attempt to convince Adams and Jefferson to begin corresponding again?
3. What was taking place because of the influence of Adams, Jefferson, and the American Revolution?
4. Overall, how did Adams and Jefferson view the world?
5. What was Dr. Rush's view of the estrangement of Adams and Jefferson?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)