|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Abigail's correspondence with Jefferson resume?
(a) Adams informed Jefferson in a letter to resume writing to his wife.
(b) Abigail added a postscript to one of her husband's letters.
(c) Jefferson wrote Abigail a letter.
(d) Abigail wrote Jefferson a letter separate from her husband's letters.
2. How did Jefferson react to Adams' election to the vice-presidency?
(a) He was confused.
(b) He was pleased.
(c) He had no reaction.
(d) He was surprised.
3. What age was Jefferson before the first academic session began at the University of Virginia?
4. Which political concern did Adams have, in Chapter 10?
(a) How to control aristocracy.
(b) How to discourage aristocracy.
(c) How to end aristocracy.
(d) How to change aristocracy.
5. Which documents did Adams and Jefferson want to preserve?
(a) The documents about the elections.
(b) The documents about the Congress.
(c) The documents about their correspondence.
(d) The documents about the revolution.
6. What did Jefferson think the electorate had the ability to select?
(a) The good and experienced.
(b) The wise and experienced.
(c) The good, wise, and experienced.
(d) The good and wise.
7. What was Jefferson's response to Abigail's correspondence, in Chapter 8?
(a) He was confused.
(b) He was not surprised.
(c) He was surprised.
(d) He was happy.
8. Along with languages, math, natural science, medicine, and philosophy, what other subjects did the letters recommend for universities?
(a) Government and law.
(b) Law, government, and political economy.
(c) Government and political economy.
(d) Law and political economy.
9. What was taking place because of the influence of Adams, Jefferson, and the American Revolution?
(a) Representative government was spreading in countries outside of Europe.
(b) Representative government was spreading in Europe.
(c) Representative government was spreading in Europe and other countries.
(d) Representative government was the only style used in Europe.
10. Which year did Adams and Jefferson battle each other for the presidency?
11. As mentioned in a letter, which office did John Quincy Adams have before being removed by Jefferson?
(a) Commissioner of bankruptcy.
(b) Trade commissioner.
(c) Security commissioner.
(d) Commissioner of finance.
12. As explained in the letters of Chapter 12, what kind of teaching load was preferred for professors?
(b) Moderate to heavy.
(d) Light to moderate.
13. What did Adams and Jefferson think their age would help?
(a) Preventing future wars.
(b) Protecting Independence.
14. How many differences were resolved between the Adamses and Jefferson, by the end of Chapter 8?
(b) Only one.
(c) All of them.
(d) Some, but not all.
15. What did Jefferson do to upset the Adamses?
(a) He released Callendar from prison.
(b) He transferred Callendar to a better prison.
(c) He gave Callendar a loan.
(d) He gave Callendar a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Overall, how did Adams and Jefferson view the world?
2. What year was the "revolution" that the differences in the rival parties were leading to, in Chapter 8?
3. What year were the letters in Chapter 10 written?
4. How did Jefferson consider Adams' midnight appointments?
5. As mentioned in Chapter 11, why did Adams and Jefferson want the American people to understand the Revolution?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)