|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did both Adams and Jefferson pass away?
2. Which year did Adams and Jefferson battle each other for the presidency?
3. How did Jefferson react to Adams' election to the vice-presidency?
(a) He had no reaction.
(b) He was pleased.
(c) He was confused.
(d) He was surprised.
4. Which of the following did Adams give up in order to focus on the classics?
5. Who stopped the correspondence, at the end of Chapter 8?
(b) It was mutual.
(d) Neither Abigail nor Jefferson.
6. Which month was the last letter in Chapter 10 written?
7. Which future system(s) did Jefferson have high hopes for?
(a) Public education, but not science.
(b) Neither public education nor science.
(c) Public education and science.
(d) Science, but not public education.
8. What age was Jefferson before the first academic session began at the University of Virginia?
9. What was the number of letters exchanged by Adams and Jefferson by 1820?
10. Which one of the following was not provided as a reason for Jefferson's monetary issues?
11. In Chapter 10, how was Adams' outlook on the future dealings with aristocracy?
(a) He was uncertain.
(b) He was optimisitc.
(c) He was skeptical.
(d) He was concerned.
12. What year was the "revolution" that the differences in the rival parties were leading to, in Chapter 8?
13. What year were the letters in Chapter 10 written?
14. How did the communication between Adams and Jefferson resume?
(a) The had a conversation at a political meeting.
(b) Adams wrote to Jefferson.
(c) Jefferson wrote to Adams.
(d) They both wrote to each other at the same time.
15. Overall, how did Adams and Jefferson view the world?
(a) As generating pleasure in order to replace pain.
(b) As generating more pleasure than pain.
(c) As generating only pleasure.
(d) As generating equal amounts of pleasure and pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Thomas Paine's published works divided Adams and Jefferson in opinion?
2. What year did Adams and Jefferson become sick?
3. Which documents did Adams and Jefferson want to preserve?
4. What did Adams do in response to Jefferson's presidential win?
5. When did the letters of 1820 begin?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)