|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Adams released from his position as diplomat?
(a) Fall of 1789.
(b) Fall of 1788.
(c) Spring of 1788.
(d) Spring of 1789.
2. Which day was it when both Adams and Jefferson passed away?
(a) July 4.
(b) June 4.
(c) July 10.
(d) June 10.
3. When did Vergennes pass away?
(a) February, 1788.
(b) February, 1787.
(c) April, 1787.
(d) April, 1788.
4. How much of a concern was Prussia for Adams and Jefferson between 1785 and 1786?
(a) A major concern.
(b) A minor concern.
(c) The only concern.
(d) No concern.
5. What did Vergennes lend to the U.S.?
(c) Aid, advice, and weapons.
6. When did Jefferson join Adams and Benjamin Franklin in France?
7. When did Adams move to London?
(a) Late 1785.
(b) Mid 1785.
(c) Early 1785.
8. In the order of the U.S. Presidents, when did John Adams and Thomas Jefferson hold the office respectively?
(a) They were the fourth and eighth Presidents.
(b) They were the third and fourth Presidents.
(c) They were the second and third Presidents.
(d) They were the second and eighth Presidents.
9. What year was the treaty between Algeria and the U.S.?
10. Why was the whale fishery lowered during the War of Independence?
(a) Its markets expanded too quickly.
(b) Its supplies were limited.
(c) Its supplies were unavailable.
(d) Its markets shrank.
11. When was Jefferson a governor?
(a) From 1778 to 1780.
(b) From 1780 to 1782.
(c) From 1779 to 1781.
(d) From 1777 to 1778.
12. When did Adams and Jefferson meet to talk about a new loan for the U.S.?
(a) Late 1789.
(b) Early 1789.
(c) Late 1788.
(d) Early 1788.
13. What did the British do while Jefferson was trying to secure the commercial treaty, in Chapter 4?
(a) They delayed and showed indifference.
(b) They delayed, but did not show indifference.
(c) They showed indifference, but did not delay.
(d) They neither delayed nor showed indifference.
14. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
(a) The letters before 1801.
(b) The letters after 1801.
(c) The letters both before and after 1801.
(d) The letters during 1801.
15. How old was Adams when he met Jefferson?
(a) Thirty four.
(b) Thirty seven.
(c) Thirty nine.
(d) Thirty two.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Europeans ironically permit the Barbary piracy?
2. In 1784, how much experience did Adams have in diplomacy?
3. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
4. What type of a letter did Adams write after meeting with the ambassador of Tripoli, in Chapter 4?
5. When was the last letter in Chapter 4 written?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)