|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not included in Jefferson's description in the Introduction?
2. Which type of issues did Adams and Jefferson discuss primarily when their correspondence resumed?
3. When did Adams and Jefferson meet to talk about a new loan for the U.S.?
(a) Early 1788.
(b) Late 1789.
(c) Early 1789.
(d) Late 1788.
4. Why was the whale fishery lowered during the War of Independence?
(a) Its supplies were unavailable.
(b) Its markets expanded too quickly.
(c) Its markets shrank.
(d) Its supplies were limited.
5. How long did Jefferson and Abigail stop corresponding after the Adamses moved from London?
(a) Fourteen years.
(b) Eighteen years.
(c) Sixteen years.
(d) Twenty years.
6. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
(a) January, 1774.
(b) February, 1775.
(c) February, 1774.
(d) January, 1775.
7. What did Adams and Jefferson think about Great Britain in Chapter 3?
(a) It would honor the agreements with the United States.
(b) It would begin trading with other countries.
(c) It would not honor the agreements with the United States.
(d) It would not begin trading with other countries.
8. Where did Adams go to help secure formal recognition of American independence?
9. What age was Jefferson when he met Adams?
(a) Thirty six.
(b) Thirty eight.
(c) Thirty two.
(d) Thirty four.
10. How was Jefferson received in the England court as he tried to secure a commercial treaty?
11. Besides letters, what else did Adams and Jefferson write?
(b) Other documents.
(d) Books, poems, and other documents.
12. How long had Adams and Jefferson served as delegates in the lower house of their local legislatures when they met?
(a) One year.
(b) Many years.
(c) A few years.
(d) Two years.
13. When did Jefferson return to the United States?
(a) Winter of 1789.
(b) Summer of 1789.
(c) Fall of 1789.
(d) Fall of 1789.
14. Where was Jefferson the governor?
15. Which position did Jefferson have when Adams was vice-president?
(a) Speaker of the house.
(b) Chief advisor.
(c) Secretary of state.
(d) Secretary of Treasury.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jefferson meet Mrs. Maria Cosway?
2. What did the British do while Jefferson was trying to secure the commercial treaty, in Chapter 4?
3. When did Richard Henry Lee propose the resolution that Congress should secede from Britain?
4. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
5. Which day was it when both Adams and Jefferson passed away?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)