|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Novanglus letters, what did Adams defend for the Bay Colony?
(a) The authority to resist British oppression.
(b) The trade agreements.
(c) The economic status.
(d) The decision to have elections.
2. Which day was it when both Adams and Jefferson passed away?
(a) June 10.
(b) July 10.
(c) June 4.
(d) July 4.
3. When did Adams think material improvements were changing people?
(a) During the War of 1812.
(b) Before the War of 1812.
(c) Both during and after the War of 1812.
(d) After the War of 1812.
4. How many years after the Declaration of Independence did Adams and Jefferson pass away?
(a) Twenty five.
5. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
(a) Financing the war and regulating trade.
(b) Public opinion and regulating trade.
(c) Financing the war and public opinion.
(d) Financing the war, public opinion, and regulating trade.
6. Which type of effect did Adams think Shay's Rebellion would have on government?
(a) It would maintain its power.
(b) It would add to its power.
(c) It would have no effect.
(d) It would reduce its power.
7. Which month was the first letter in Chapter 3 written?
8. Where was Jefferson the governor?
9. How much was the Dutch loan that Adams secured?
(a) Three hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Four hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(d) One hundred thousand dollars.
10. In order to design a trade treatise, what position was Jefferson given by Congress in 1784?
(a) Minister plenipotentiary.
(b) Second Secretary.
(c) First Secretary.
(d) Minister resident.
11. When was the last letter in Chapter 4 written?
(a) January, 1787.
(b) July, 1787.
(c) October, 1787.
(d) February, 1787.
12. What year was the treaty between Algeria and the U.S.?
13. How did Jefferson meet Mrs. Maria Cosway?
(a) By accident.
(b) Through a friend.
(c) During a vacation.
(d) On a business trip.
14. Why was the whale fishery lowered during the War of Independence?
(a) Its markets shrank.
(b) Its markets expanded too quickly.
(c) Its supplies were limited.
(d) Its supplies were unavailable.
15. When did the results of the Constitutional Convention ion 1787 reach Adams and Jefferson?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Jefferson and Abigail stop corresponding after the Adamses moved from London?
2. When did Adams and Jefferson work well together at the Continental Congress?
3. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
4. Which of the following was the result of the Dutch loan secured by Adams?
5. What impressed Adams about Jefferson?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)