|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of a letter did Adams write after meeting with the ambassador of Tripoli, in Chapter 4?
2. How did Adams consider the U.S. Constitution?
3. Why were Adams and Jefferson effectively matched in mental power and training?
(a) They both taught at the same schools.
(b) They were both trained in the law.
(c) They both went to the same schools.
(d) They were both trained by the same person.
4. How did Adams respond to Jefferson's suggestion to Congress about solving the situation with the Barbary pirates?
(a) He supported it in a practical way.
(b) He did not support it.
(c) He only supported it slightly.
(d) He supported it entirely.
5. Where was Jefferson the governor?
6. Why did Adams return to France in 1780?
(a) To negotiate with Great Britain for trade.
(b) To negotiate with Italy for trade.
(c) To negotiate with Great Britain for peace.
(d) To negotiate with Italy for peace.
7. In the Novanglus letters, what did Adams defend for the Bay Colony?
(a) The authority to resist British oppression.
(b) The economic status.
(c) The trade agreements.
(d) The decision to have elections.
8. When did Jefferson return to France in Chapter 4 and begin writing to Adams again?
(a) The end of April.
(b) The end of October.
(c) The beginning of April.
(d) The beginning of October.
9. What impressed Adams about Jefferson?
(a) His writing ability and temperament.
(b) His writing ability.
(c) His oratorical ability and temperament.
(d) His oratorical ability.
10. When did the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson resume?
11. Leading to his support of the Bill of Rights, what was Adams' initial concern during the Federal Convention?
(a) That the people would not be represented.
(b) That the senate would have too much power.
(c) That the senate would be ineffective.
(d) That the people would not have their say.
12. How long did Jefferson and Abigail stop corresponding after the Adamses moved from London?
(a) Sixteen years.
(b) Fourteen years.
(c) Eighteen years.
(d) Twenty years.
13. How long were Adams and Jefferson apart before they met on August 7th of 1784?
(a) Four years.
(b) Five and a half years.
(c) Four and a half years.
(d) Five years.
14. When did Adams and Jefferson begin reading voraciously?
(a) During their presidencies.
(b) After their presidencies.
(c) At a young age.
(d) During college.
15. Why was Jefferson's future job suspended in 1783?
(a) Peace was near.
(b) The War was ongoing.
(c) The job could not be funded.
(d) Jefferson was too far away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
2. What items did Adams and Jefferson focus on gaining admittance to French markets?
3. When did Jefferson join Adams and Benjamin Franklin in France?
4. Besides letters, what else did Adams and Jefferson write?
5. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)