|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1784, how much experience did Adams have in diplomacy?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Five months.
(c) Five years.
(d) Seven months.
2. How did France respond to the complications and complaints of the whale-oil fishery?
(a) They increased oil trading.
(b) They banned whaling.
(c) They increased whaling.
(d) They banned oil trading.
3. At what time did Adams and Abigail return to Boston?
(a) Early 1788.
(c) Early 1789.
(d) Late 1788.
4. What age was Jefferson when he met Adams?
(a) Thirty six.
(b) Thirty four.
(c) Thirty eight.
(d) Thirty two.
5. When did Adams move to London?
(b) Late 1785.
(c) Mid 1785.
(d) Early 1785.
6. Which day was it when both Adams and Jefferson passed away?
(a) June 10.
(b) July 10.
(c) July 4.
(d) June 4.
7. How many missions were made to Algiers to deal with the Barbary pirates?
8. What was the profession of Maria Cosway's husband?
(c) Business owner.
9. How long did Jefferson and Abigail stop corresponding after the Adamses moved from London?
(a) Eighteen years.
(b) Sixteen years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Fourteen years.
10. When was Adams released from his position as diplomat?
(a) Spring of 1789.
(b) Fall of 1789.
(c) Spring of 1788.
(d) Fall of 1788.
11. When did Adams and Jefferson work well together at the Continental Congress?
12. How long were Adams and Jefferson apart before they met on August 7th of 1784?
(a) Four years.
(b) Four and a half years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Five and a half years.
13. Why was Jefferson's future job suspended in 1783?
(a) The War was ongoing.
(b) The job could not be funded.
(c) Jefferson was too far away.
(d) Peace was near.
14. Why was the whale fishery lowered during the War of Independence?
(a) Its supplies were unavailable.
(b) Its markets shrank.
(c) Its supplies were limited.
(d) Its markets expanded too quickly.
15. How long had Adams and Jefferson served as delegates in the lower house of their local legislatures when they met?
(a) Many years.
(b) A few years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. As mentioned in Chapter 1, which of Adams' skills stood out to Jefferson?
2. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
3. Which of the following was not included in Jefferson's description in the Introduction?
4. When did Adams think material improvements were changing people?
5. What year was it when Jefferson attempted to renew his correspondence with Abigail?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)