|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was one of the reasons why Adams wrote the Defense of the Constitutions of the United States?
(a) To prove that other countries should not try to imitate the U.S.'s style of government.
(b) To prove his involvement with the writing of the Constitution.
(c) To prove that the Constitution was only effective in the U.S.
(d) To prove that the U.S. did not copy England's style of government.
2. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
(a) 1774 and 1879.
(b) 1778 and 1882.
(c) 1775 and 1880.
(d) 1777 and 1881.
3. Why were Adams and Jefferson effectively matched in mental power and training?
(a) They both went to the same schools.
(b) They both taught at the same schools.
(c) They were both trained in the law.
(d) They were both trained by the same person.
4. How many missions were made to Algiers to deal with the Barbary pirates?
5. When did Vergennes pass away?
(a) February, 1788.
(b) April, 1787.
(c) February, 1787.
(d) April, 1788.
6. When did the results of the Constitutional Convention ion 1787 reach Adams and Jefferson?
7. What happened to the interest payments on the debt that America had acquired during the war to France?
(a) They were suspended.
(b) They were reduced.
(c) They were eliminated.
(d) They were increased.
8. When did Adams and Jefferson work well together at the Continental Congress?
9. When did Jefferson join Adams and Benjamin Franklin in France?
10. How were Adams' negotiations with the Portuguese described in Chapter 3?
11. When was the last letter in Chapter 4 written?
(a) February, 1787.
(b) October, 1787.
(c) July, 1787.
(d) January, 1787.
12. At what time did Adams and Abigail return to Boston?
(a) Late 1788.
(b) Early 1788.
(d) Early 1789.
13. Why was Jefferson's future job suspended in 1783?
(a) Jefferson was too far away.
(b) Peace was near.
(c) The War was ongoing.
(d) The job could not be funded.
14. When did Jefferson's wife pass away?
15. Where was the Constitutional Convention of 1787 held?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Jefferson a governor?
2. In 1784, how much experience did Adams have in diplomacy?
3. Which day was it when both Adams and Jefferson passed away?
4. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
5. As mentioned in Chapter 4, when did Jefferson visit England on Adams' request?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)