|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Adams described in the Introduction?
(a) Short, round, and jovial.
(b) Short, slender, and jovial.
(c) Short, slender, and reserved.
(d) Short, round, and reserved.
2. Why were Adams and Jefferson effectively matched in mental power and training?
(a) They were both trained by the same person.
(b) They were both trained in the law.
(c) They both went to the same schools.
(d) They both taught at the same schools.
3. Where was the Constitutional Convention of 1787 held?
4. What did Adams and Jefferson think about Great Britain in Chapter 3?
(a) It would begin trading with other countries.
(b) It would honor the agreements with the United States.
(c) It would not honor the agreements with the United States.
(d) It would not begin trading with other countries.
5. How were Adams' negotiations with the Portuguese described in Chapter 3?
6. Which of the following was one of the reasons why Adams wrote the Defense of the Constitutions of the United States?
(a) To prove that other countries should not try to imitate the U.S.'s style of government.
(b) To prove his involvement with the writing of the Constitution.
(c) To prove that the Constitution was only effective in the U.S.
(d) To prove that the U.S. did not copy England's style of government.
7. How long did Jefferson and Abigail stop corresponding after the Adamses moved from London?
(a) Fourteen years.
(b) Sixteen years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Eighteen years.
8. How was Jefferson received in the England court as he tried to secure a commercial treaty?
9. How was France's old regime described in 1787?
(a) Just starting to collapse.
(b) Halfway collapsed.
(d) Near collapse.
10. How many times did Jefferson mention Cosway in his letters to Abigail Adams?
(a) Three times.
(c) Four times.
11. What alarmed Adams and Jefferson about the looting by the Barbary States?
(a) The lack of solutions to stop it.
(b) The Europeans' tolerance of it.
(c) The lack of awareness of it.
(d) The Europeans' encouragement of it.
12. At what time did Adams and Abigail return to Boston?
(b) Early 1789.
(c) Late 1788.
(d) Early 1788.
13. Where was Jefferson the governor?
14. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
(a) They resented Britain's policies with the U.S.
(b) They resented Britain's politics.
(c) They resented Britain's economic acts.
(d) They resented Britain's navigation acts.
15. Along with the Dutch loan that Adams secured, what was the percentage to transfer the debt from France to Holland?
(a) One percent.
(b) Fourteen percent.
(c) Ten percent.
(d) Five percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Adams the Commissioner to France?
2. As mentioned in Chapter 1, which of Adams' skills stood out to Jefferson?
3. When was the last letter in Chapter 4 written?
4. Why was Jefferson's future job suspended in 1783?
5. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)