|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which queen protected American vessels from the Barbary pirates, in Chapter 4?
2. Why were Adams and Jefferson effectively matched in mental power and training?
(a) They were both trained in the law.
(b) They were both trained by the same person.
(c) They both went to the same schools.
(d) They both taught at the same schools.
3. Which of the following was one of the reasons why Adams wrote the Defense of the Constitutions of the United States?
(a) To prove his involvement with the writing of the Constitution.
(b) To prove that the U.S. did not copy England's style of government.
(c) To prove that other countries should not try to imitate the U.S.'s style of government.
(d) To prove that the Constitution was only effective in the U.S.
4. What age was Jefferson when he met Adams?
(a) Thirty eight.
(b) Thirty four.
(c) Thirty two.
(d) Thirty six.
5. Where did Adams and Jefferson meet?
(c) New York.
6. When was the last letter in Chapter 4 written?
(a) July, 1787.
(b) February, 1787.
(c) January, 1787.
(d) October, 1787.
7. When did Jefferson's wife pass away?
8. When was Adams released from his position as diplomat?
(a) Fall of 1789.
(b) Spring of 1788.
(c) Fall of 1788.
(d) Spring of 1789.
9. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
(a) The American Delegation.
(b) The American Representatives.
(c) The American Ambassadors.
(d) The American Commission.
10. Why was Jefferson's future job suspended in 1783?
(a) Jefferson was too far away.
(b) The War was ongoing.
(c) Peace was near.
(d) The job could not be funded.
11. What did Vergennes lend to the U.S.?
(a) Aid, advice, and weapons.
12. How were Adams' negotiations with the Portuguese described in Chapter 3?
13. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
14. Which type of issues did Adams and Jefferson discuss primarily when their correspondence resumed?
15. When did Jefferson join Adams and Benjamin Franklin in France?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jefferson return to France in Chapter 4 and begin writing to Adams again?
2. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
3. Along with the Dutch loan that Adams secured, what was the percentage to transfer the debt from France to Holland?
4. What year was the treaty between Algeria and the U.S.?
5. How was Jefferson received in the England court as he tried to secure a commercial treaty?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)