|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country was Adams a diplomat in the 1780s?
2. When did Jefferson's wife pass away?
3. How many missions were made to Algiers to deal with the Barbary pirates?
4. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
(a) Financing the war, public opinion, and regulating trade.
(b) Financing the war and regulating trade.
(c) Financing the war and public opinion.
(d) Public opinion and regulating trade.
5. How did Adams respond to Jefferson's suggestion to Congress about solving the situation with the Barbary pirates?
(a) He supported it entirely.
(b) He supported it in a practical way.
(c) He only supported it slightly.
(d) He did not support it.
6. What year was it when Jefferson attempted to renew his correspondence with Abigail?
7. What items did Adams and Jefferson focus on gaining admittance to French markets?
(a) Whale oil and candles.
(b) Whale oil and fishing supplies.
(c) Candles and fishing supplies.
(d) Whale oil, fishing supplies, and candles.
8. In 1784, how much experience did Adams have in diplomacy?
(a) Five months.
(b) Five years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Seven months.
9. Which type of effect did Adams think Shay's Rebellion would have on government?
(a) It would reduce its power.
(b) It would have no effect.
(c) It would maintain its power.
(d) It would add to its power.
10. How long did Jefferson and Abigail stop corresponding after the Adamses moved from London?
(a) Fourteen years.
(b) Eighteen years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Sixteen years.
11. How many years after the Declaration of Independence did Adams and Jefferson pass away?
(b) Twenty five.
12. In the Novanglus letters, what did Adams defend for the Bay Colony?
(a) The authority to resist British oppression.
(b) The economic status.
(c) The decision to have elections.
(d) The trade agreements.
13. How much was the Dutch loan that Adams secured?
(a) Three hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Four hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(d) One hundred thousand dollars.
14. When did Jefferson return to the United States?
(a) Fall of 1789.
(b) Winter of 1789.
(c) Summer of 1789.
(d) Fall of 1789.
15. What impressed Adams about Jefferson?
(a) His writing ability.
(b) His oratorical ability.
(c) His writing ability and temperament.
(d) His oratorical ability and temperament.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession of Maria Cosway's husband?
2. Why was Jefferson's future job suspended in 1783?
3. Which day was it when both Adams and Jefferson passed away?
4. Which type of issues did Adams and Jefferson discuss primarily when their correspondence resumed?
5. How was Adams described in the Introduction?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)