Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Jefferson return to France in Chapter 4 and begin writing to Adams again?
(a) The beginning of October.
(b) The end of October.
(c) The beginning of April.
(d) The end of April.
2. Which of the following was not included in Jefferson's description in the Introduction?
3. When did Adams think material improvements were changing people?
(a) Before the War of 1812.
(b) During the War of 1812.
(c) After the War of 1812.
(d) Both during and after the War of 1812.
4. Which of the following was the result of the Dutch loan secured by Adams?
(a) Neither the loan nor the transfer were approved.
(b) Both the loan and the transfer were approved.
(c) The loan was approved, but the transfer was rejected.
(d) The transfer was approved, but the loan was rejected.
5. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
(a) They resented Britain's navigation acts.
(b) They resented Britain's policies with the U.S.
(c) They resented Britain's politics.
(d) They resented Britain's economic acts.
6. How long had Adams and Jefferson served as delegates in the lower house of their local legislatures when they met?
(a) Many years.
(b) A few years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
7. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
8. How was Adams described in the Introduction?
(a) Short, round, and jovial.
(b) Short, slender, and reserved.
(c) Short, round, and reserved.
(d) Short, slender, and jovial.
9. Which of the following was one of the reasons why Adams wrote the Defense of the Constitutions of the United States?
(a) To prove his involvement with the writing of the Constitution.
(b) To prove that the Constitution was only effective in the U.S.
(c) To prove that other countries should not try to imitate the U.S.'s style of government.
(d) To prove that the U.S. did not copy England's style of government.
10. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
(a) The American Ambassadors.
(b) The American Delegation.
(c) The American Commission.
(d) The American Representatives.
11. How did Adams consider the U.S. Constitution?
12. When did Adams and Jefferson begin reading voraciously?
(a) During their presidencies.
(b) After their presidencies.
(c) At a young age.
(d) During college.
13. Which queen protected American vessels from the Barbary pirates, in Chapter 4?
14. What year was the treaty between Algeria and the U.S.?
15. Where did Adams and Jefferson meet?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leading to his support of the Bill of Rights, what was Adams' initial concern during the Federal Convention?
2. Along with the Dutch loan that Adams secured, what was the percentage to transfer the debt from France to Holland?
3. How many years after the Declaration of Independence did Adams and Jefferson pass away?
4. When was Adams released from his position as diplomat?
5. How did Adams respond to Jefferson's suggestion to Congress about solving the situation with the Barbary pirates?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)