|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had Adams and Jefferson served as delegates in the lower house of their local legislatures when they met?
(a) Two years.
(b) A few years.
(c) One year.
(d) Many years.
2. When did Jefferson return to France in Chapter 4 and begin writing to Adams again?
(a) The end of April.
(b) The beginning of April.
(c) The beginning of October.
(d) The end of October.
3. Where was the Constitutional Convention of 1787 held?
4. How were Adams' negotiations with the Portuguese described in Chapter 3?
5. Why did Adams return to France in 1780?
(a) To negotiate with Italy for trade.
(b) To negotiate with Italy for peace.
(c) To negotiate with Great Britain for peace.
(d) To negotiate with Great Britain for trade.
6. How long was Adams the Commissioner to France?
(a) From 1775 to 1779.
(b) From 1777 to 1779.
(c) From 1774 to 1778.
(d) From 1774 to 1776.
7. When was the last letter in Chapter 4 written?
(a) February, 1787.
(b) October, 1787.
(c) July, 1787.
(d) January, 1787.
8. How long were Adams and Jefferson apart before they met on August 7th of 1784?
(a) Five years.
(b) Four and a half years.
(c) Five and a half years.
(d) Four years.
9. When did Jefferson's wife pass away?
10. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
(a) A detailed list of commodities that could be exchanged.
(b) A list of three commodities that could be exchanged.
(c) A vague list of commodities that could be exchanged.
(d) A list of two commodities that could be exchanged.
11. Which day was it when both Adams and Jefferson passed away?
(a) July 4.
(b) July 10.
(c) June 10.
(d) June 4.
12. As mentioned in Chapter 1, which of Adams' skills stood out to Jefferson?
(a) His oratorical and writing ability.
(b) His writing ability and sound head.
(c) His oratorical ability and sound head.
(d) His oratorical and writing ability, and sound head.
13. How long after Adams established a friendly relationship with the Dutch would it help the U.S. alleviate debt?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Eight years.
14. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
(a) They resented Britain's policies with the U.S.
(b) They resented Britain's navigation acts.
(c) They resented Britain's economic acts.
(d) They resented Britain's politics.
15. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years after the Declaration of Independence did Adams and Jefferson pass away?
2. How many missions were made to Algiers to deal with the Barbary pirates?
3. Which of the following was not included in Jefferson's description in the Introduction?
4. In order to design a trade treatise, what position was Jefferson given by Congress in 1784?
5. Where did Adams and Jefferson meet?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)