|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What age was Jefferson when he met Adams?
(a) Thirty four.
(b) Thirty six.
(c) Thirty eight.
(d) Thirty two.
2. Where was the Constitutional Convention of 1787 held?
3. What items did Adams and Jefferson focus on gaining admittance to French markets?
(a) Whale oil and candles.
(b) Whale oil, fishing supplies, and candles.
(c) Whale oil and fishing supplies.
(d) Candles and fishing supplies.
4. Which day was it when both Adams and Jefferson passed away?
(a) June 4.
(b) July 10.
(c) July 4.
(d) June 10.
5. When did Adams and Jefferson meet to talk about a new loan for the U.S.?
(a) Early 1788.
(b) Late 1789.
(c) Early 1789.
(d) Late 1788.
6. At what time did Adams and Abigail return to Boston?
(b) Early 1789.
(c) Early 1788.
(d) Late 1788.
7. Why was the whale fishery lowered during the War of Independence?
(a) Its supplies were limited.
(b) Its markets shrank.
(c) Its markets expanded too quickly.
(d) Its supplies were unavailable.
8. In the order of the U.S. Presidents, when did John Adams and Thomas Jefferson hold the office respectively?
(a) They were the third and fourth Presidents.
(b) They were the fourth and eighth Presidents.
(c) They were the second and eighth Presidents.
(d) They were the second and third Presidents.
9. How was Adams described in the Introduction?
(a) Short, slender, and reserved.
(b) Short, slender, and jovial.
(c) Short, round, and jovial.
(d) Short, round, and reserved.
10. What year was the treaty between Algeria and the U.S.?
11. Why was Jefferson's future job suspended in 1783?
(a) Jefferson was too far away.
(b) The War was ongoing.
(c) Peace was near.
(d) The job could not be funded.
12. Which type of effect did Adams think Shay's Rebellion would have on government?
(a) It would add to its power.
(b) It would reduce its power.
(c) It would maintain its power.
(d) It would have no effect.
13. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
14. What things did Jefferson think governed Algiers?
(a) Fear and cowardice.
(b) Money, fear, and cowardice.
(c) Money and fear.
(d) Money and cowardice.
15. How were Adams' negotiations with the Portuguese described in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did Jefferson mention Cosway in his letters to Abigail Adams?
2. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
3. Where did Adams go to help secure formal recognition of American independence?
4. What did Vergennes lend to the U.S.?
5. Which of the following was one of the reasons why Adams wrote the Defense of the Constitutions of the United States?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)