|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson resume?
2. How was Jefferson received in the England court as he tried to secure a commercial treaty?
3. When was Jefferson a governor?
(a) From 1777 to 1778.
(b) From 1778 to 1780.
(c) From 1779 to 1781.
(d) From 1780 to 1782.
4. Besides letters, what else did Adams and Jefferson write?
(b) Other documents.
(d) Books, poems, and other documents.
5. How many missions were made to Algiers to deal with the Barbary pirates?
6. Where was the Constitutional Convention of 1787 held?
7. Leading to his support of the Bill of Rights, what was Adams' initial concern during the Federal Convention?
(a) That the people would not have their say.
(b) That the senate would be ineffective.
(c) That the people would not be represented.
(d) That the senate would have too much power.
8. Which of the following was not included in Jefferson's description in the Introduction?
9. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
(a) A list of two commodities that could be exchanged.
(b) A vague list of commodities that could be exchanged.
(c) A detailed list of commodities that could be exchanged.
(d) A list of three commodities that could be exchanged.
10. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
(a) 1777 and 1881.
(b) 1774 and 1879.
(c) 1775 and 1880.
(d) 1778 and 1882.
11. In what country was Adams a diplomat in the 1780s?
12. What happened to the interest payments on the debt that America had acquired during the war to France?
(a) They were reduced.
(b) They were eliminated.
(c) They were suspended.
(d) They were increased.
13. What was the profession of Maria Cosway's husband?
(a) Business owner.
14. What year was the treaty between Algeria and the U.S.?
15. When did Adams and Jefferson work well together at the Continental Congress?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Jefferson and Abigail stop corresponding after the Adamses moved from London?
2. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
3. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
4. How long were Adams and Jefferson apart before they met on August 7th of 1784?
5. How did Jefferson meet Mrs. Maria Cosway?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)