|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long before their deaths did Adams and Jefferson write to each other?
(a) Three months.
(b) One month.
(c) Two months.
(d) Four months.
2. What impressed Adams about Jefferson?
(a) His writing ability.
(b) His writing ability and temperament.
(c) His oratorical ability and temperament.
(d) His oratorical ability.
3. When was the first letter written that resumed the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson?
(a) November 24.
(b) January 1.
(c) December 31.
(d) July 4.
4. Along with languages, math, natural science, medicine, and philosophy, what other subjects did the letters recommend for universities?
(a) Government and political economy.
(b) Law, government, and political economy.
(c) Government and law.
(d) Law and political economy.
5. How many letters were exchanged between Adams and Jefferson between 1796 and 1801?
(a) A few.
(d) A couple.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Adams move to London?
2. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
3. Which year was the last letter in Chapter 11 written?
4. Based on Adams' explanation, when did aristocracies exist?
5. What items did Adams and Jefferson focus on gaining admittance to French markets?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)