|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the whale fishery lowered during the War of Independence?
(a) Its markets expanded too quickly.
(b) Its supplies were limited.
(c) Its supplies were unavailable.
(d) Its markets shrank.
2. What was the profession of Maria Cosway's husband?
(c) Business owner.
3. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
(a) 1777 and 1881.
(b) 1775 and 1880.
(c) 1774 and 1879.
(d) 1778 and 1882.
4. What happened to the letter that Jefferson wrote to congratulate Adams when the election was over, before the results were known?
(a) It was intercepted by Madison.
(b) It was read by Adams quickly.
(c) It was lost in the mail.
(d) It was never mailed.
5. Which political concern did Adams have, in Chapter 10?
(a) How to discourage aristocracy.
(b) How to end aristocracy.
(c) How to control aristocracy.
(d) How to change aristocracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stopped the correspondence, at the end of Chapter 8?
2. What did Adams do in response to Jefferson's presidential win?
3. Besides the depression, what type of problems were Adams and Jefferson following in England during the post-war world after 1815?
4. Which month was the first letter in Chapter 3 written?
5. When was Adams released from his position as diplomat?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)