|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Adams move to London?
(a) Late 1785.
(c) Early 1785.
(d) Mid 1785.
2. What did Adams and Jefferson blame Napoleon for?
(a) The commercial interests of other countries.
(b) The commercial interests of the North and South.
(c) The political interests of the East.
(d) The political interests of the West.
3. When was the last letter in Chapter 4 written?
(a) February, 1787.
(b) July, 1787.
(c) January, 1787.
(d) October, 1787.
4. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Getting too involved with European politics.
(b) Ignoring European politics.
(c) Increasing trade with Europe.
(d) Reducing trade with Europe.
5. What war was ongoing as Adams and Jefferson began to write to each other again?
(a) The First Barbary War.
(b) The War of 1812.
(c) The Second Barbary War.
(d) The First Seminole War.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the first letter written that resumed the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson?
2. Why did the Europeans ironically permit the Barbary piracy?
3. What did Vergennes lend to the U.S.?
4. As mentioned in Chapter 11, why did Adams and Jefferson want the American people to understand the Revolution?
5. How did Adams consider the U.S. Constitution?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)