|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dr. Rush do in an attempt to convince Adams and Jefferson to begin corresponding again?
(a) He wrote letters only to Jefferson.
(b) He wrote letters to the other friends of Adams and Jefferson.
(c) He wrote letters only to Adams.
(d) He wrote letters to both Adams and Jefferson.
2. Which documents did Adams and Jefferson want to preserve?
(a) The documents about the elections.
(b) The documents about the revolution.
(c) The documents about the Congress.
(d) The documents about their correspondence.
3. Which of the following was not included in Jefferson's description in the Introduction?
4. Overall, how did Adams and Jefferson view the world?
(a) As generating only pleasure.
(b) As generating equal amounts of pleasure and pain.
(c) As generating pleasure in order to replace pain.
(d) As generating more pleasure than pain.
5. How did Adams and Jefferson approach politics in their letters, in Chapter 9?
(a) They mostly tried to avoid it.
(b) They discussed it frequently.
(c) They only tried to avoid it in the initial letters after the correspondence has resumed.
(d) They did not discuss it at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Adams and Jefferson meet to talk about a new loan for the U.S.?
2. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
3. Which one of the following was not included in the description of Dr. Rush?
4. How much time had passed before Abigail wrote Jefferson a letter?
5. Where did Jefferson live after retiring from the secretary of state position?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)