|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Along with languages, math, natural science, medicine, and philosophy, what other subjects did the letters recommend for universities?
(a) Government and law.
(b) Government and political economy.
(c) Law, government, and political economy.
(d) Law and political economy.
2. Where did Adams and Jefferson meet?
(c) New York.
3. Where did Adams go to help secure formal recognition of American independence?
4. What did Adams and Jefferson blame Napoleon for?
(a) The commercial interests of other countries.
(b) The political interests of the West.
(c) The commercial interests of the North and South.
(d) The political interests of the East.
5. Which type of issues did Adams and Jefferson discuss primarily when their correspondence resumed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was the result of the Dutch loan secured by Adams?
2. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
3. How did France respond to the complications and complaints of the whale-oil fishery?
4. Where did Jefferson live after retiring from the secretary of state position?
5. Which of the following was not included in Jefferson's description in the Introduction?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)