|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
(a) Financing the war, public opinion, and regulating trade.
(b) Public opinion and regulating trade.
(c) Financing the war and regulating trade.
(d) Financing the war and public opinion.
2. When did Adams and Jefferson meet to talk about a new loan for the U.S.?
(a) Late 1789.
(b) Late 1788.
(c) Early 1788.
(d) Early 1789.
3. Along with languages, math, natural science, medicine, and philosophy, what other subjects did the letters recommend for universities?
(a) Government and political economy.
(b) Government and law.
(c) Law and political economy.
(d) Law, government, and political economy.
4. How did Adams and Jefferson think the conditions were in the eighteenth century?
(a) Improved in some ways.
(b) Changed slightly.
(c) Changed drastically.
(d) Improved for all.
5. Along with the Dutch loan that Adams secured, what was the percentage to transfer the debt from France to Holland?
(a) Fourteen percent.
(b) Five percent.
(c) Ten percent.
(d) One percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the results of the Constitutional Convention ion 1787 reach Adams and Jefferson?
2. What year were the letters in Chapter 10 written?
3. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
4. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
5. In Chapter 10, how was Jefferson's outlook on the future dealings with aristocracy?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)