|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the first letter written that resumed the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson?
(a) December 31.
(b) January 1.
(c) November 24.
(d) July 4.
2. Along with the Dutch loan that Adams secured, what was the percentage to transfer the debt from France to Holland?
(a) Five percent.
(b) One percent.
(c) Ten percent.
(d) Fourteen percent.
3. Which political concern did Adams have, in Chapter 10?
(a) How to discourage aristocracy.
(b) How to control aristocracy.
(c) How to change aristocracy.
(d) How to end aristocracy.
4. How much time had passed before Abigail wrote Jefferson a letter?
(a) Four years.
(b) Four and a half years.
(c) Three and a half years.
(d) Three years.
5. When did Adams think material improvements were changing people?
(a) After the War of 1812.
(b) During the War of 1812.
(c) Both during and after the War of 1812.
(d) Before the War of 1812.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Adams and Jefferson served as delegates in the lower house of their local legislatures when they met?
2. Where did Adams go to help secure formal recognition of American independence?
3. What happened to the interest payments on the debt that America had acquired during the war to France?
4. How often did Adams and Jefferson write as they aged?
5. In the Novanglus letters, what did Adams defend for the Bay Colony?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)