|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many missions were made to Algiers to deal with the Barbary pirates?
2. Which documents did Adams and Jefferson want to preserve?
(a) The documents about the Congress.
(b) The documents about their correspondence.
(c) The documents about the revolution.
(d) The documents about the elections.
3. How long after Adams established a friendly relationship with the Dutch would it help the U.S. alleviate debt?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Eight years.
4. Which of the following was one of the reasons why Adams wrote the Defense of the Constitutions of the United States?
(a) To prove that other countries should not try to imitate the U.S.'s style of government.
(b) To prove that the Constitution was only effective in the U.S.
(c) To prove his involvement with the writing of the Constitution.
(d) To prove that the U.S. did not copy England's style of government.
5. When did Adams and Jefferson begin reading voraciously?
(a) At a young age.
(b) During their presidencies.
(c) During college.
(d) After their presidencies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Dr. Rush try to reconcile Adams and Jefferson?
2. At what time did Adams and Abigail return to Boston?
3. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
4. Why was the whale fishery lowered during the War of Independence?
5. What was taking place because of the influence of Adams, Jefferson, and the American Revolution?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)