|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Adams and Jefferson think about Great Britain in Chapter 3?
(a) It would not begin trading with other countries.
(b) It would begin trading with other countries.
(c) It would not honor the agreements with the United States.
(d) It would honor the agreements with the United States.
2. How did France respond to the complications and complaints of the whale-oil fishery?
(a) They increased oil trading.
(b) They increased whaling.
(c) They banned oil trading.
(d) They banned whaling.
3. As mentioned in a letter, which office did John Quincy Adams have before being removed by Jefferson?
(a) Security commissioner.
(b) Commissioner of finance.
(c) Trade commissioner.
(d) Commissioner of bankruptcy.
4. What did Dr. Rush do in an attempt to convince Adams and Jefferson to begin corresponding again?
(a) He wrote letters to both Adams and Jefferson.
(b) He wrote letters only to Adams.
(c) He wrote letters to the other friends of Adams and Jefferson.
(d) He wrote letters only to Jefferson.
5. Which year were the letters in Chapter 8 written?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Jefferson and Abigail stop corresponding after the Adamses moved from London?
2. Which type of issues did Adams and Jefferson discuss primarily when their correspondence resumed?
3. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
4. How were Adams' negotiations with the Portuguese described in Chapter 3?
5. At what time did Adams and Abigail return to Boston?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)