|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
2. How many times did Jefferson mention Cosway in his letters to Abigail Adams?
(a) Three times.
(d) Four times.
3. How did Adams and Jefferson remember their revolutionary days in their later letters?
4. Which day was it when both Adams and Jefferson passed away?
(a) June 10.
(b) July 10.
(c) June 4.
(d) July 4.
5. What caused Adams to be angry with Jefferson before they reconciled?
(a) Jefferson's past remarks about his vice-presidency.
(b) Jefferson's past remarks about his presidency.
(c) Jefferson's association with writers that attacked him and his family.
(d) Jefferson's association with writers that attempted to misrepresent his writings.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson resume?
2. In what country was Adams a diplomat in the 1780s?
3. What was the name of Jefferson's daughter that was sent to England to study with Abigail?
4. What year was the "revolution" that the differences in the rival parties were leading to, in Chapter 8?
5. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)