|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vergennes lend to the U.S.?
(b) Aid, advice, and weapons.
2. Despite the Wars, what did Adams and Jefferson think about the century?
(a) That it treated human nature well.
(b) That it treated human nature better than previous centuries.
(c) That it understood human nature better than previous centuries.
(d) That it understood human nature well.
3. What items did Adams and Jefferson focus on gaining admittance to French markets?
(a) Whale oil, fishing supplies, and candles.
(b) Whale oil and candles.
(c) Whale oil and fishing supplies.
(d) Candles and fishing supplies.
4. What did Adams do in response to Jefferson's presidential win?
(a) He appointed one Federalist to office while Jefferson was President.
(b) He appointed one Federalist to office before Jefferson became president.
(c) He appointed a number of Federalists to office before Jefferson became president.
(d) He appointed a number of Federalists to office while Jefferson was president.
5. What did Jefferson think the electorate had the ability to select?
(a) The good and wise.
(b) The good, wise, and experienced.
(c) The good and experienced.
(d) The wise and experienced.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the last letter in Chapter 4 written?
2. When was Jefferson a governor?
3. What aspects of history did Adams and Jefferson emphasize in their letters?
4. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
5. What did Adams and Jefferson think about Great Britain in Chapter 3?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)