|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Jefferson step down as secretary of state?
2. In Chapter 10, how was Adams' outlook on the future dealings with aristocracy?
(a) He was uncertain.
(b) He was optimisitc.
(c) He was concerned.
(d) He was skeptical.
3. What was the number of letters exchanged by Adams and Jefferson by 1820?
4. In order to design a trade treatise, what position was Jefferson given by Congress in 1784?
(a) First Secretary.
(b) Second Secretary.
(c) Minister plenipotentiary.
(d) Minister resident.
5. When was the Consular Convention with France that Jefferson discussed in a letter to Adams?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the whale fishery lowered during the War of Independence?
2. What did Adams discover that tested his friendship with Jefferson, after their correspondence had resumed?
3. Along with languages, math, natural science, medicine, and philosophy, what other subjects did the letters recommend for universities?
4. Along with the Dutch loan that Adams secured, what was the percentage to transfer the debt from France to Holland?
5. Which state's Compromise of 1820 concerned Adams and Jefferson, in Chapter 12?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)