|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which future system(s) did Jefferson have high hopes for?
(a) Public education and science.
(b) Science, but not public education.
(c) Public education, but not science.
(d) Neither public education nor science.
2. When did Adams think even an aristocracy of virtue could be corrupted?
(a) If elected or unelected.
(b) If elected.
(c) If elected for short periods of time.
(d) If elected for long periods of time.
3. What age was Jefferson when he met Adams?
(a) Thirty two.
(b) Thirty eight.
(c) Thirty six.
(d) Thirty four.
4. As mentioned in Chapter 11, why did Adams and Jefferson want the American people to understand the Revolution?
(a) To improve the representative form of government.
(b) To remember the sacrifices made.
(c) To appreciate representative government.
(d) To understand the price of freedom.
5. What year was the "revolution" that the differences in the rival parties were leading to, in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. As mentioned in Chapter 1, which of Adams' skills stood out to Jefferson?
2. Where was the Constitutional Convention of 1787 held?
3. What happened to the interest payments on the debt that America had acquired during the war to France?
4. How old was Adams when he met Jefferson?
5. Besides letters, what else did Adams and Jefferson write?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)