|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Ignoring European politics.
(b) Increasing trade with Europe.
(c) Reducing trade with Europe.
(d) Getting too involved with European politics.
2. What year were the letters in Chapter 10 written?
3. What happened to the interest payments on the debt that America had acquired during the war to France?
(a) They were eliminated.
(b) They were suspended.
(c) They were increased.
(d) They were reduced.
4. Which cause did Jefferson focus on later in his life?
(a) Supporting new presidential candidates.
(b) Establishing the University of Virginia.
(c) Updating the Constitution.
(d) Updating the Declaration.
5. As explained in the letters of Chapter 12, what kind of teaching load was preferred for professors?
(a) Moderate to heavy.
(c) Light to moderate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Adams discover that tested his friendship with Jefferson, after their correspondence had resumed?
2. What type of a letter did Adams write after meeting with the ambassador of Tripoli, in Chapter 4?
3. What was the profession of Maria Cosway's husband?
4. When did Adams think material improvements were changing people?
5. Which professional school subjects were included, in the letters of Chapter 12?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)