|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Adams released from his position as diplomat?
(a) Fall of 1789.
(b) Spring of 1789.
(c) Fall of 1788.
(d) Spring of 1788.
2. What year did the letters in Chapter 9 begin?
3. Why did the Europeans ironically permit the Barbary piracy?
(a) They thought they would benefit from the destruction of trade between other nations.
(b) They hired the pirates and dictated their activity.
(c) They were afraid of the pirates.
(d) They were unaware of the piracy.
4. What impressed Adams about Jefferson?
(a) His oratorical ability.
(b) His oratorical ability and temperament.
(c) His writing ability.
(d) His writing ability and temperament.
5. When did Jefferson establish the University of Virginia?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was France's old regime described in 1787?
2. Which role did Adams and Jefferson think education had in government?
3. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
4. What was Jefferson's response to Abigail's correspondence, in Chapter 8?
5. Why did Adams return to France in 1780?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)