|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Jefferson think that Adams had requested to leave his position as diplomat and return to the U.S.?
(a) Because he did not like the behavior of the English.
(b) Because he did not want to be a diplomat anymore.
(c) Because he did not think there was a point in working with the English.
(d) Because he did not like the economy in England.
2. How did Adams and Jefferson remember their revolutionary days in their later letters?
3. How long did Jefferson and Abigail stop corresponding after the Adamses moved from London?
(a) Sixteen years.
(b) Fourteen years.
(c) Eighteen years.
(d) Twenty years.
4. How did the communication between Adams and Jefferson resume?
(a) They both wrote to each other at the same time.
(b) Jefferson wrote to Adams.
(c) Adams wrote to Jefferson.
(d) The had a conversation at a political meeting.
5. How long before their deaths did Adams and Jefferson write to each other?
(a) Two months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Three months.
(d) One month.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many letters were exchanged between Adams and Jefferson between 1796 and 1801?
2. Which year did Adams and Jefferson battle each other for the presidency?
3. When did Abigail Adams pass away from typhoid fever?
4. Which of the following was one of the reasons why Adams wrote the Defense of the Constitutions of the United States?
5. What did Adams and Jefferson think about their past differences later in life?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)