|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country was Adams a diplomat in the 1780s?
2. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
(a) February, 1774.
(b) January, 1775.
(c) January, 1774.
(d) February, 1775.
3. In the Novanglus letters, what did Adams defend for the Bay Colony?
(a) The economic status.
(b) The decision to have elections.
(c) The authority to resist British oppression.
(d) The trade agreements.
4. Which cause did Jefferson focus on later in his life?
(a) Supporting new presidential candidates.
(b) Updating the Constitution.
(c) Updating the Declaration.
(d) Establishing the University of Virginia.
5. What did Adams and Jefferson think their age would help?
(a) Preventing future wars.
(b) Protecting Independence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
2. Why was the whale fishery lowered during the War of Independence?
3. When did Abigail Adams pass away from typhoid fever?
4. When did Jefferson step down as secretary of state?
5. When did the results of the Constitutional Convention ion 1787 reach Adams and Jefferson?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)