|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What items did Adams and Jefferson focus on gaining admittance to French markets?
(a) Whale oil and candles.
(b) Whale oil, fishing supplies, and candles.
(c) Whale oil and fishing supplies.
(d) Candles and fishing supplies.
2. When did Jefferson join Adams and Benjamin Franklin in France?
3. Where did Adams go to help secure formal recognition of American independence?
4. When were the public school systems set up in Virginia?
(a) The 1860s.
(b) The 1880s.
(c) The 1870s.
(d) The 1890s.
5. How did Abigail's correspondence with Jefferson resume?
(a) Abigail wrote Jefferson a letter separate from her husband's letters.
(b) Adams informed Jefferson in a letter to resume writing to his wife.
(c) Jefferson wrote Abigail a letter.
(d) Abigail added a postscript to one of her husband's letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Adams and Jefferson think their age would help?
2. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
3. What aspects of history did Adams and Jefferson emphasize in their letters?
4. How did Adams and Jefferson remember their revolutionary days in their later letters?
5. How long before their deaths did Adams and Jefferson write to each other?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)