|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of a letter did Adams write after meeting with the ambassador of Tripoli, in Chapter 4?
2. Why were few letters written between Adams and Jefferson early in their association?
(a) They preferred conversations.
(b) They spoke with each other frequently.
(c) They did not have much to say.
(d) They did not know each other's addresses.
3. When did Vergennes pass away?
(a) February, 1788.
(b) February, 1787.
(c) April, 1787.
(d) April, 1788.
4. How did Jefferson consider Adams' midnight appointments?
(a) He was unaware of them.
(b) He appreciated them.
(c) He understood them.
(d) He was furious.
5. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Getting too involved with European politics.
(b) Ignoring European politics.
(c) Increasing trade with Europe.
(d) Reducing trade with Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was the "revolution" that the differences in the rival parties were leading to, in Chapter 8?
2. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
3. What age was Jefferson when he met Adams?
4. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
5. What did Adams do in response to Jefferson's presidential win?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)