|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jefferson live after retiring from the secretary of state position?
2. What happened to the letter that Jefferson wrote to congratulate Adams when the election was over, before the results were known?
(a) It was lost in the mail.
(b) It was read by Adams quickly.
(c) It was never mailed.
(d) It was intercepted by Madison.
3. Which of the following was the result of the Dutch loan secured by Adams?
(a) The transfer was approved, but the loan was rejected.
(b) Neither the loan nor the transfer were approved.
(c) Both the loan and the transfer were approved.
(d) The loan was approved, but the transfer was rejected.
4. In Chapter 10, how was Jefferson's outlook on the future dealings with aristocracy?
(a) He was concerned.
(b) He was skeptical.
(c) He was uncertain.
(d) He was optimistic.
5. Which type of effect did Adams think Shay's Rebellion would have on government?
(a) It would maintain its power.
(b) It would have no effect.
(c) It would reduce its power.
(d) It would add to its power.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the whale fishery lowered during the War of Independence?
2. What did Adams and Jefferson think their age would help?
3. When did the results of the Constitutional Convention ion 1787 reach Adams and Jefferson?
4. Which year did Adams and Jefferson battle each other for the presidency?
5. How many times did Jefferson mention Cosway in his letters to Abigail Adams?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)