|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What things did Jefferson think governed Algiers?
(a) Money and fear.
(b) Money, fear, and cowardice.
(c) Fear and cowardice.
(d) Money and cowardice.
2. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
(a) 1777 and 1881.
(b) 1774 and 1879.
(c) 1775 and 1880.
(d) 1778 and 1882.
3. Where did Adams negotiate with the Portuguese?
4. When was Jefferson a governor?
(a) From 1778 to 1780.
(b) From 1779 to 1781.
(c) From 1780 to 1782.
(d) From 1777 to 1778.
5. How many pieces of "Homespun" did Adams send in a letter to Jefferson?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
2. Where did Adams and Jefferson meet?
3. How long did Jefferson and Abigail stop corresponding after the Adamses moved from London?
4. Despite the Wars, what did Adams and Jefferson think about the century?
5. Why was the whale fishery lowered during the War of Independence?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)