|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Adams to be angry with Jefferson before they reconciled?
(a) Jefferson's past remarks about his vice-presidency.
(b) Jefferson's association with writers that attempted to misrepresent his writings.
(c) Jefferson's association with writers that attacked him and his family.
(d) Jefferson's past remarks about his presidency.
2. What did Adams and Jefferson blame Napoleon for?
(a) The political interests of the West.
(b) The commercial interests of the North and South.
(c) The commercial interests of other countries.
(d) The political interests of the East.
3. Which type of effect did Adams think Shay's Rebellion would have on government?
(a) It would reduce its power.
(b) It would maintain its power.
(c) It would add to its power.
(d) It would have no effect.
4. Overall, how did Adams and Jefferson view the world?
(a) As generating equal amounts of pleasure and pain.
(b) As generating pleasure in order to replace pain.
(c) As generating only pleasure.
(d) As generating more pleasure than pain.
5. How many times did Jefferson mention Cosway in his letters to Abigail Adams?
(a) Four times.
(b) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Jefferson a governor?
2. How long was Adams the Commissioner to France?
3. When was the last letter in Chapter 4 written?
4. What war was ongoing as Adams and Jefferson began to write to each other again?
5. When did Adams think material improvements were changing people?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)