|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time did Adams and Abigail return to Boston?
(a) Late 1788.
(c) Early 1788.
(d) Early 1789.
2. What war was ongoing as Adams and Jefferson began to write to each other again?
(a) The War of 1812.
(b) The First Seminole War.
(c) The Second Barbary War.
(d) The First Barbary War.
3. When was Jefferson a governor?
(a) From 1779 to 1781.
(b) From 1777 to 1778.
(c) From 1780 to 1782.
(d) From 1778 to 1780.
4. What caused Adams to be angry with Jefferson before they reconciled?
(a) Jefferson's past remarks about his vice-presidency.
(b) Jefferson's past remarks about his presidency.
(c) Jefferson's association with writers that attempted to misrepresent his writings.
(d) Jefferson's association with writers that attacked him and his family.
5. Where did Adams go to help secure formal recognition of American independence?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which year were the letters in Chapter 8 written?
2. Which position did Jefferson have when Adams was vice-president?
3. What was taking place because of the influence of Adams, Jefferson, and the American Revolution?
4. Which of the following did Adams give up in order to focus on the classics?
5. Where did Adams and Jefferson meet?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)