|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time did Adams and Abigail return to Boston?
(a) Late 1788.
(b) Early 1788.
(c) Early 1789.
2. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
3. Which year were the letters in Chapter 8 written?
4. What war was ongoing as Adams and Jefferson began to write to each other again?
(a) The First Barbary War.
(b) The First Seminole War.
(c) The War of 1812.
(d) The Second Barbary War.
5. What type of a letter did Adams write after meeting with the ambassador of Tripoli, in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pieces of "Homespun" did Adams send in a letter to Jefferson?
2. Why did the Europeans ironically permit the Barbary piracy?
3. Which month was the last letter in Chapter 10 written?
4. Why did Adams return to France in 1780?
5. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)