|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As mentioned in Chapter 11, why did Adams and Jefferson want the American people to understand the Revolution?
(a) To improve the representative form of government.
(b) To understand the price of freedom.
(c) To appreciate representative government.
(d) To remember the sacrifices made.
2. What was the profession of Maria Cosway's husband?
(c) Business owner.
3. How did Adams and Jefferson approach politics in their letters, in Chapter 9?
(a) They did not discuss it at all.
(b) They only tried to avoid it in the initial letters after the correspondence has resumed.
(c) They mostly tried to avoid it.
(d) They discussed it frequently.
4. How did Jefferson meet Mrs. Maria Cosway?
(a) On a business trip.
(b) During a vacation.
(c) By accident.
(d) Through a friend.
5. What was Jefferson's opinion of Adams' philosophy of government, in Chapter 8?
(a) That he was too vague.
(b) That he was too complicated.
(c) That he was not an elitist.
(d) That he was too elitist.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Jefferson a governor?
2. What year were the letters in Chapter 10 written?
3. In the order of the U.S. Presidents, when did John Adams and Thomas Jefferson hold the office respectively?
4. What did Adams and Jefferson think about Great Britain in Chapter 3?
5. In 1784, how much experience did Adams have in diplomacy?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)