|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
(a) Public opinion and regulating trade.
(b) Financing the war, public opinion, and regulating trade.
(c) Financing the war and regulating trade.
(d) Financing the war and public opinion.
2. What did Dr. Rush do in an attempt to convince Adams and Jefferson to begin corresponding again?
(a) He wrote letters only to Jefferson.
(b) He wrote letters to the other friends of Adams and Jefferson.
(c) He wrote letters only to Adams.
(d) He wrote letters to both Adams and Jefferson.
3. What did Adams and Jefferson blame Napoleon for?
(a) The political interests of the West.
(b) The commercial interests of other countries.
(c) The commercial interests of the North and South.
(d) The political interests of the East.
4. What aspects of history did Adams and Jefferson emphasize in their letters?
(a) The economical aspects.
(b) The psychological aspects.
(c) The philosophical aspects.
(d) The political aspects.
5. What war was ongoing as Adams and Jefferson began to write to each other again?
(a) The First Barbary War.
(b) The War of 1812.
(c) The Second Barbary War.
(d) The First Seminole War.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Jefferson received in the England court as he tried to secure a commercial treaty?
2. What did Adams do in response to Jefferson's presidential win?
3. Which position did Jefferson have when Adams was vice-president?
4. When was Jefferson a governor?
5. In Chapter 10, how was Jefferson's outlook on the future dealings with aristocracy?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)