|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which type of issues did Adams and Jefferson discuss primarily when their correspondence resumed?
2. Despite the Wars, what did Adams and Jefferson think about the century?
(a) That it treated human nature better than previous centuries.
(b) That it treated human nature well.
(c) That it understood human nature better than previous centuries.
(d) That it understood human nature well.
3. Why did the friendship between Adams and Jefferson begin to strain severely?
(a) They were not writing enough letters.
(b) They were in disagreement over the country's overall direction.
(c) They were writing too many letters.
(d) They were members of different parties.
4. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Reducing trade with Europe.
(b) Increasing trade with Europe.
(c) Getting too involved with European politics.
(d) Ignoring European politics.
5. What did Adams discover that tested his friendship with Jefferson, after their correspondence had resumed?
(a) Criticisms that Jefferson had made months earlier.
(b) Criticisms that Jefferson had supported years earlier.
(c) Criticisms that Jefferson had made years earlier.
(d) Criticisms that Jefferson had suppoorted months earlier.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Adams and Jefferson served as delegates in the lower house of their local legislatures when they met?
2. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
3. Which political concern did Adams have, in Chapter 10?
4. Overall, how did Adams and Jefferson view the world?
5. Which of the following was one of the reasons why Adams wrote the Defense of the Constitutions of the United States?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)