|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on Adams' explanation, when did aristocracies exist?
(a) In all times.
(b) In the past.
(c) In specific times of the past.
(d) In the present.
2. Which of the following was the result of the Dutch loan secured by Adams?
(a) Neither the loan nor the transfer were approved.
(b) Both the loan and the transfer were approved.
(c) The loan was approved, but the transfer was rejected.
(d) The transfer was approved, but the loan was rejected.
3. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
(a) Literature and other people's opinions.
(b) Cases from history, other people's opinions, and literature.
(c) Cases from history and other people's opinions.
(d) Cases from history and literature.
4. When did Adams think even an aristocracy of virtue could be corrupted?
(a) If elected for short periods of time.
(b) If elected.
(c) If elected for long periods of time.
(d) If elected or unelected.
5. When did Adams move to London?
(a) Mid 1785.
(b) Late 1785.
(d) Early 1785.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was the treaty between Algeria and the U.S.?
2. Why did Adams return to France in 1780?
3. Why did the friendship between Adams and Jefferson begin to strain severely?
4. How did Adams and Jefferson think the conditions were in the eighteenth century?
5. What year was the "revolution" that the differences in the rival parties were leading to, in Chapter 8?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)