|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the profession of Maria Cosway's husband?
(c) Business owner.
2. How many pieces of "Homespun" did Adams send in a letter to Jefferson?
3. Which of the following was one of the reasons why Adams wrote the Defense of the Constitutions of the United States?
(a) To prove that other countries should not try to imitate the U.S.'s style of government.
(b) To prove that the Constitution was only effective in the U.S.
(c) To prove his involvement with the writing of the Constitution.
(d) To prove that the U.S. did not copy England's style of government.
4. When was Adams released from his position as diplomat?
(a) Fall of 1789.
(b) Fall of 1788.
(c) Spring of 1789.
(d) Spring of 1788.
5. What war was ongoing as Adams and Jefferson began to write to each other again?
(a) The First Seminole War.
(b) The War of 1812.
(c) The Second Barbary War.
(d) The First Barbary War.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jefferson return to the United States?
2. What did the British do while Jefferson was trying to secure the commercial treaty, in Chapter 4?
3. When was the Consular Convention with France that Jefferson discussed in a letter to Adams?
4. Besides letters, what else did Adams and Jefferson write?
5. When did the results of the Constitutional Convention ion 1787 reach Adams and Jefferson?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)