|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which type of effect did Adams think Shay's Rebellion would have on government?
(a) It would reduce its power.
(b) It would maintain its power.
(c) It would have no effect.
(d) It would add to its power.
2. As mentioned in Chapter 4, when did Jefferson visit England on Adams' request?
3. How did Jefferson react to Adams' election to the vice-presidency?
(a) He was surprised.
(b) He had no reaction.
(c) He was pleased.
(d) He was confused.
4. Which documents did Adams and Jefferson want to preserve?
(a) The documents about the elections.
(b) The documents about their correspondence.
(c) The documents about the Congress.
(d) The documents about the revolution.
5. Where did Adams go to help secure formal recognition of American independence?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the time that Jefferson served as secretary of state, how many letters did he write to Adams about foreign policy?
2. When was Adams released from his position as diplomat?
3. When did Jefferson's wife pass away?
4. What type of a letter did Adams write after meeting with the ambassador of Tripoli, in Chapter 4?
5. How did Jefferson meet Mrs. Maria Cosway?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)