|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of a concern was Prussia for Adams and Jefferson between 1785 and 1786?
(a) A minor concern.
(b) The only concern.
(c) No concern.
(d) A major concern.
2. Which of the following was the result of the Dutch loan secured by Adams?
(a) The transfer was approved, but the loan was rejected.
(b) Neither the loan nor the transfer were approved.
(c) The loan was approved, but the transfer was rejected.
(d) Both the loan and the transfer were approved.
3. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
(a) They thought the moderates were dangerous to the country.
(b) They thought the moderates were trying to stop the war.
(c) They thought the moderates were wrong about every issue.
(d) They thought the moderates did not love liberty enough.
4. What did Adams do in response to Jefferson's presidential win?
(a) He appointed one Federalist to office while Jefferson was President.
(b) He appointed a number of Federalists to office while Jefferson was president.
(c) He appointed a number of Federalists to office before Jefferson became president.
(d) He appointed one Federalist to office before Jefferson became president.
5. Which month was the first letter in Chapter 3 written?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many letters were exchanged between Adams and Jefferson between 1796 and 1801?
2. What year did the letters in Chapter 9 begin?
3. During the time that Jefferson served as secretary of state, how many letters did he write to Adams about foreign policy?
4. Why did the Europeans ironically permit the Barbary piracy?
5. At what time did Adams and Abigail return to Boston?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)