|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Adams return to France in 1780?
(a) To negotiate with Italy for trade.
(b) To negotiate with Great Britain for peace.
(c) To negotiate with Italy for peace.
(d) To negotiate with Great Britain for trade.
2. What assumption was the starting point of Adams' work about political theory?
(a) Laws were irreversible.
(b) Laws were not irreversible.
(c) Politicians were self-interested.
(d) Politicians were not self-interested.
3. How did Adams and Jefferson approach politics in their letters, in Chapter 9?
(a) They did not discuss it at all.
(b) They only tried to avoid it in the initial letters after the correspondence has resumed.
(c) They discussed it frequently.
(d) They mostly tried to avoid it.
4. Which type of issues did Adams and Jefferson discuss primarily when their correspondence resumed?
5. When was the Consular Convention with France that Jefferson discussed in a letter to Adams?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was the treaty between Algeria and the U.S.?
2. How long were Adams and Jefferson apart before they met on August 7th of 1784?
3. Along with the Dutch loan that Adams secured, what was the percentage to transfer the debt from France to Holland?
4. How long was Adams the Commissioner to France?
5. What was Jefferson's response to Abigail's correspondence, in Chapter 8?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)