|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Adams consider the U.S. Constitution?
2. When was the last letter in Chapter 8 written?
3. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Increasing trade with Europe.
(b) Reducing trade with Europe.
(c) Getting too involved with European politics.
(d) Ignoring European politics.
4. What did the British do while Jefferson was trying to secure the commercial treaty, in Chapter 4?
(a) They showed indifference, but did not delay.
(b) They neither delayed nor showed indifference.
(c) They delayed, but did not show indifference.
(d) They delayed and showed indifference.
5. When was the last letter in Chapter 4 written?
(a) January, 1787.
(b) July, 1787.
(c) February, 1787.
(d) October, 1787.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Adams established a friendly relationship with the Dutch would it help the U.S. alleviate debt?
2. How many differences were resolved between the Adamses and Jefferson, by the end of Chapter 8?
3. How many years after the Declaration of Independence did Adams and Jefferson pass away?
4. Why did the friendship between Adams and Jefferson begin to strain severely?
5. What did Adams discover that tested his friendship with Jefferson, after their correspondence had resumed?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)