|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the results of the Constitutional Convention ion 1787 reach Adams and Jefferson?
2. What happened to the interest payments on the debt that America had acquired during the war to France?
(a) They were eliminated.
(b) They were suspended.
(c) They were reduced.
(d) They were increased.
3. Along with the Dutch loan that Adams secured, what was the percentage to transfer the debt from France to Holland?
(a) Five percent.
(b) Ten percent.
(c) Fourteen percent.
(d) One percent.
4. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
5. How did France respond to the complications and complaints of the whale-oil fishery?
(a) They banned whaling.
(b) They increased oil trading.
(c) They banned oil trading.
(d) They increased whaling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Jefferson's response to Abigail's correspondence, in Chapter 8?
2. What impressed Adams about Jefferson?
3. How long were Adams and Jefferson apart before they met on August 7th of 1784?
4. As mentioned in Chapter 4, when did Jefferson visit England on Adams' request?
5. What assumption was the starting point of Adams' work about political theory?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)