|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alarmed Adams and Jefferson about the looting by the Barbary States?
(a) The Europeans' tolerance of it.
(b) The lack of solutions to stop it.
(c) The Europeans' encouragement of it.
(d) The lack of awareness of it.
2. How old was Adams when he met Jefferson?
(a) Thirty two.
(b) Thirty nine.
(c) Thirty seven.
(d) Thirty four.
3. Which type of effect did Adams think Shay's Rebellion would have on government?
(a) It would have no effect.
(b) It would maintain its power.
(c) It would add to its power.
(d) It would reduce its power.
4. How long was Adams the Commissioner to France?
(a) From 1774 to 1776.
(b) From 1774 to 1778.
(c) From 1777 to 1779.
(d) From 1775 to 1779.
5. What year was the treaty between Algeria and the U.S.?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which position did Jefferson have when Adams was vice-president?
2. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
3. What impressed Adams about Jefferson?
4. What year was the "revolution" that the differences in the rival parties were leading to, in Chapter 8?
5. How did Adams and Jefferson approach politics in their letters, in Chapter 9?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)