|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alarmed Adams and Jefferson about the looting by the Barbary States?
(a) The lack of awareness of it.
(b) The lack of solutions to stop it.
(c) The Europeans' encouragement of it.
(d) The Europeans' tolerance of it.
2. Why did the Europeans ironically permit the Barbary piracy?
(a) They thought they would benefit from the destruction of trade between other nations.
(b) They were afraid of the pirates.
(c) They were unaware of the piracy.
(d) They hired the pirates and dictated their activity.
3. When did Vergennes pass away?
(a) February, 1788.
(b) April, 1787.
(c) February, 1787.
(d) April, 1788.
4. What caused Adams to be angry with Jefferson before they reconciled?
(a) Jefferson's association with writers that attacked him and his family.
(b) Jefferson's past remarks about his presidency.
(c) Jefferson's past remarks about his vice-presidency.
(d) Jefferson's association with writers that attempted to misrepresent his writings.
5. What did Vergennes lend to the U.S.?
(c) Aid, advice, and weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What things did Jefferson think governed Algiers?
2. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
3. When did Richard Henry Lee propose the resolution that Congress should secede from Britain?
4. When did Adams and Jefferson work well together at the Continental Congress?
5. How was France's old regime described in 1787?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)