|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What age was Jefferson when he met Adams?
(a) Thirty eight.
(b) Thirty four.
(c) Thirty two.
(d) Thirty six.
2. What was Dr. Rush's view of the estrangement of Adams and Jefferson?
(a) He thought it was most likely irreconcilable.
(b) He thought it was a tragedy.
(c) He thought it was necessary for the two to understand each other better.
(d) He thought it was necessary for the two to become better friends.
3. What did the British do while Jefferson was trying to secure the commercial treaty, in Chapter 4?
(a) They delayed, but did not show indifference.
(b) They showed indifference, but did not delay.
(c) They delayed and showed indifference.
(d) They neither delayed nor showed indifference.
4. How long was Adams the Commissioner to France?
(a) From 1774 to 1776.
(b) From 1777 to 1779.
(c) From 1774 to 1778.
(d) From 1775 to 1779.
5. Which day was it when both Adams and Jefferson passed away?
(a) July 10.
(b) June 10.
(c) July 4.
(d) June 4.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Jefferson's daughter that was sent to England to study with Abigail?
2. Why did Jefferson think that Adams had requested to leave his position as diplomat and return to the U.S.?
3. What was Jefferson's opinion of Adams' philosophy of government, in Chapter 8?
4. How many missions were made to Algiers to deal with the Barbary pirates?
5. How much was the Dutch loan that Adams secured?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)