|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the profession of Maria Cosway's husband?
(d) Business owner.
2. What year was the "revolution" that the differences in the rival parties were leading to, in Chapter 8?
3. Which year did Adams and Jefferson battle each other for the presidency?
4. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
(a) They thought the moderates did not love liberty enough.
(b) They thought the moderates were wrong about every issue.
(c) They thought the moderates were dangerous to the country.
(d) They thought the moderates were trying to stop the war.
5. Why did the friendship between Adams and Jefferson begin to strain severely?
(a) They were members of different parties.
(b) They were in disagreement over the country's overall direction.
(c) They were not writing enough letters.
(d) They were writing too many letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. As mentioned in Chapter 4, when did Jefferson visit England on Adams' request?
2. When did the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson resume?
3. Which one of the following was not included in the description of Dr. Rush?
4. How did Adams and Jefferson approach politics in their letters, in Chapter 9?
5. How long did Dr. Rush try to reconcile Adams and Jefferson?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)