|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was the result of the Dutch loan secured by Adams?
(a) The transfer was approved, but the loan was rejected.
(b) Neither the loan nor the transfer were approved.
(c) Both the loan and the transfer were approved.
(d) The loan was approved, but the transfer was rejected.
2. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
(a) The American Representatives.
(b) The American Ambassadors.
(c) The American Delegation.
(d) The American Commission.
3. Besides letters, what else did Adams and Jefferson write?
(b) Books, poems, and other documents.
(c) Other documents.
4. How much of a concern was Prussia for Adams and Jefferson between 1785 and 1786?
(a) A major concern.
(b) No concern.
(c) The only concern.
(d) A minor concern.
5. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
(a) The letters both before and after 1801.
(b) The letters before 1801.
(c) The letters during 1801.
(d) The letters after 1801.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was the "revolution" that the differences in the rival parties were leading to, in Chapter 8?
2. Where was Jefferson the governor?
3. Who stopped the correspondence, at the end of Chapter 8?
4. How was Jefferson received in the England court as he tried to secure a commercial treaty?
5. Which year did Adams and Jefferson battle each other for the presidency?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)