|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which year were the letters in Chapter 8 written?
2. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
(a) Literature and other people's opinions.
(b) Cases from history and literature.
(c) Cases from history and other people's opinions.
(d) Cases from history, other people's opinions, and literature.
3. Which position did Jefferson have when Adams was vice-president?
(a) Secretary of state.
(b) Chief advisor.
(c) Secretary of Treasury.
(d) Speaker of the house.
4. Along with the Dutch loan that Adams secured, what was the percentage to transfer the debt from France to Holland?
(a) Fourteen percent.
(b) Five percent.
(c) Ten percent.
(d) One percent.
5. In the Novanglus letters, what did Adams defend for the Bay Colony?
(a) The trade agreements.
(b) The authority to resist British oppression.
(c) The decision to have elections.
(d) The economic status.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Vergennes pass away?
2. What age was Jefferson when he met Adams?
3. How long did Dr. Rush try to reconcile Adams and Jefferson?
4. Why did Jefferson think that Adams had requested to leave his position as diplomat and return to the U.S.?
5. In the order of the U.S. Presidents, when did John Adams and Thomas Jefferson hold the office respectively?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)