|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Adams the Commissioner to France?
(a) From 1775 to 1779.
(b) From 1774 to 1778.
(c) From 1774 to 1776.
(d) From 1777 to 1779.
2. How did Jefferson react to Adams' election to the vice-presidency?
(a) He was confused.
(b) He had no reaction.
(c) He was surprised.
(d) He was pleased.
3. Where did Jefferson live after retiring from the secretary of state position?
4. Which one of the following was not included in the description of Dr. Rush?
(a) Mutual friend of Adams and Jefferson.
(b) Signer of the Declaration.
(c) Well known doctor.
(d) Writing teacher for both Adams and Jefferson.
5. How was Adams described in the Introduction?
(a) Short, slender, and jovial.
(b) Short, round, and jovial.
(c) Short, round, and reserved.
(d) Short, slender, and reserved.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the letter that Jefferson wrote to congratulate Adams when the election was over, before the results were known?
2. What year was the "revolution" that the differences in the rival parties were leading to, in Chapter 8?
3. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
4. How much was the Dutch loan that Adams secured?
5. What did Jefferson do to upset the Adamses?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)