|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vergennes lend to the U.S.?
(a) Aid, advice, and weapons.
2. What year was the treaty between Algeria and the U.S.?
3. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
(a) By a Native and Member of the House of Burgesses.
(b) By a Native and Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
(c) By a Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
(d) By an Original Member of the House of Burgesses.
4. How much was the Dutch loan that Adams secured?
(a) One hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Four hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Three hundred thousand dollars.
5. Why were Adams and Jefferson effectively matched in mental power and training?
(a) They both taught at the same schools.
(b) They both went to the same schools.
(c) They were both trained in the law.
(d) They were both trained by the same person.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the last letter in Chapter 8 written?
2. Which position did Jefferson have when Adams was vice-president?
3. What did Adams discover that tested his friendship with Jefferson, after their correspondence had resumed?
4. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
5. In the order of the U.S. Presidents, when did John Adams and Thomas Jefferson hold the office respectively?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)