|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Adams and Jefferson meet?
(c) New York.
2. What did Adams and Jefferson think about Great Britain in Chapter 3?
(a) It would not begin trading with other countries.
(b) It would honor the agreements with the United States.
(c) It would begin trading with other countries.
(d) It would not honor the agreements with the United States.
3. When was the last letter in Chapter 4 written?
(a) January, 1787.
(b) July, 1787.
(c) October, 1787.
(d) February, 1787.
4. How long did Dr. Rush try to reconcile Adams and Jefferson?
(a) A few months.
(b) A few days.
(c) A few years.
(d) A few weeks.
5. In order to design a trade treatise, what position was Jefferson given by Congress in 1784?
(a) Minister resident.
(b) Minister plenipotentiary.
(c) Second Secretary.
(d) First Secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was the "revolution" that the differences in the rival parties were leading to, in Chapter 8?
2. When did Jefferson step down as secretary of state?
3. Which queen protected American vessels from the Barbary pirates, in Chapter 4?
4. Where did Adams travel as a Diplomat in 1778?
5. How did the communication between Adams and Jefferson resume?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)