|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Jefferson return to France in Chapter 4 and begin writing to Adams again?
(a) The beginning of April.
(b) The end of October.
(c) The beginning of October.
(d) The end of April.
2. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
(a) February, 1774.
(b) February, 1775.
(c) January, 1774.
(d) January, 1775.
3. Which of the following was not included in Jefferson's description in the Introduction?
4. Which of Thomas Paine's published works divided Adams and Jefferson in opinion?
(a) Rights of Man.
(b) Agrarian Justice.
(c) The Crisis Papers.
(d) Common Sense.
5. As mentioned in Chapter 1, which of Adams' skills stood out to Jefferson?
(a) His oratorical ability and sound head.
(b) His oratorical and writing ability, and sound head.
(c) His oratorical and writing ability.
(d) His writing ability and sound head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Adams and Jefferson meet?
2. Leading to his support of the Bill of Rights, what was Adams' initial concern during the Federal Convention?
3. What things did Jefferson think governed Algiers?
4. When did Adams think material improvements were changing people?
5. What year did the letters in Chapter 9 begin?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)