|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were few letters written between Adams and Jefferson early in their association?
(a) They preferred conversations.
(b) They spoke with each other frequently.
(c) They did not have much to say.
(d) They did not know each other's addresses.
2. In the order of the U.S. Presidents, when did John Adams and Thomas Jefferson hold the office respectively?
(a) They were the second and third Presidents.
(b) They were the fourth and eighth Presidents.
(c) They were the third and fourth Presidents.
(d) They were the second and eighth Presidents.
3. Which of the following was the result of the Dutch loan secured by Adams?
(a) Neither the loan nor the transfer were approved.
(b) The loan was approved, but the transfer was rejected.
(c) The transfer was approved, but the loan was rejected.
(d) Both the loan and the transfer were approved.
4. What items did Adams and Jefferson focus on gaining admittance to French markets?
(a) Candles and fishing supplies.
(b) Whale oil and candles.
(c) Whale oil, fishing supplies, and candles.
(d) Whale oil and fishing supplies.
5. When was the last letter in Chapter 4 written?
(a) January, 1787.
(b) October, 1787.
(c) February, 1787.
(d) July, 1787.
Short Answer Questions
1. What things did Jefferson think governed Algiers?
2. What year was it when Jefferson attempted to renew his correspondence with Abigail?
3. When did Jefferson step down as secretary of state?
4. When was Adams released from his position as diplomat?
5. When was Jefferson a governor?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)