|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which year did Adams and Jefferson battle each other for the presidency?
2. How did Adams respond to Jefferson's suggestion to Congress about solving the situation with the Barbary pirates?
(a) He did not support it.
(b) He supported it entirely.
(c) He supported it in a practical way.
(d) He only supported it slightly.
3. How many pieces of "Homespun" did Adams send in a letter to Jefferson?
4. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
5. Who stopped the correspondence, at the end of Chapter 8?
(b) It was mutual.
(c) Neither Abigail nor Jefferson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Jefferson the governor?
2. What did Vergennes lend to the U.S.?
3. When did Jefferson return to the United States?
4. What was the name of Jefferson's daughter that was sent to England to study with Abigail?
5. Where did Adams go to help secure formal recognition of American independence?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)