|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Adams move to London?
(a) Mid 1785.
(b) Late 1785.
(c) Early 1785.
2. Leading to his support of the Bill of Rights, what was Adams' initial concern during the Federal Convention?
(a) That the people would not be represented.
(b) That the senate would be ineffective.
(c) That the people would not have their say.
(d) That the senate would have too much power.
3. In order to design a trade treatise, what position was Jefferson given by Congress in 1784?
(a) Second Secretary.
(b) Minister plenipotentiary.
(c) Minister resident.
(d) First Secretary.
4. In the order of the U.S. Presidents, when did John Adams and Thomas Jefferson hold the office respectively?
(a) They were the second and third Presidents.
(b) They were the second and eighth Presidents.
(c) They were the third and fourth Presidents.
(d) They were the fourth and eighth Presidents.
5. How many letters were exchanged between Adams and Jefferson between 1796 and 1801?
(a) A couple.
(c) A few.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jefferson join Adams and Benjamin Franklin in France?
2. Which queen protected American vessels from the Barbary pirates, in Chapter 4?
3. Where did Adams and Jefferson meet?
4. What things did Jefferson think governed Algiers?
5. When was the first letter written that resumed the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)