|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
2. What year was the treaty between Algeria and the U.S.?
3. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
(a) Cases from history and other people's opinions.
(b) Literature and other people's opinions.
(c) Cases from history, other people's opinions, and literature.
(d) Cases from history and literature.
4. How long were Adams and Jefferson apart before they met on August 7th of 1784?
(a) Five years.
(b) Five and a half years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Four and a half years.
5. Where did Adams travel as a Diplomat in 1778?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
2. When did Adams think material improvements were changing people?
3. Where was Jefferson the governor?
4. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
5. What impressed Adams about Jefferson?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)