|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Jefferson received in the England court as he tried to secure a commercial treaty?
2. What did Adams and Jefferson think about Great Britain in Chapter 3?
(a) It would honor the agreements with the United States.
(b) It would begin trading with other countries.
(c) It would not begin trading with other countries.
(d) It would not honor the agreements with the United States.
3. In the Novanglus letters, what did Adams defend for the Bay Colony?
(a) The trade agreements.
(b) The economic status.
(c) The decision to have elections.
(d) The authority to resist British oppression.
4. What type of a letter did Adams write after meeting with the ambassador of Tripoli, in Chapter 4?
5. Which of the following was one of the reasons why Adams wrote the Defense of the Constitutions of the United States?
(a) To prove that the U.S. did not copy England's style of government.
(b) To prove that the Constitution was only effective in the U.S.
(c) To prove his involvement with the writing of the Constitution.
(d) To prove that other countries should not try to imitate the U.S.'s style of government.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jefferson's wife pass away?
2. Why did Adams return to France in 1780?
3. How much of a concern was Prussia for Adams and Jefferson between 1785 and 1786?
4. Why were Adams and Jefferson effectively matched in mental power and training?
5. In the order of the U.S. Presidents, when did John Adams and Thomas Jefferson hold the office respectively?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)