|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Europeans ironically permit the Barbary piracy?
(a) They were unaware of the piracy.
(b) They thought they would benefit from the destruction of trade between other nations.
(c) They were afraid of the pirates.
(d) They hired the pirates and dictated their activity.
2. Which day was it when both Adams and Jefferson passed away?
(a) July 10.
(b) June 10.
(c) July 4.
(d) June 4.
3. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
(a) The American Commission.
(b) The American Representatives.
(c) The American Delegation.
(d) The American Ambassadors.
4. How was France's old regime described in 1787?
(a) Halfway collapsed.
(c) Just starting to collapse.
(d) Near collapse.
5. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of effect did Adams think Shay's Rebellion would have on government?
2. When did Adams and Jefferson begin reading voraciously?
3. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
4. Which type of issues did Adams and Jefferson discuss primarily when their correspondence resumed?
5. When did Adams and Jefferson work well together at the Continental Congress?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)