|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
(a) Cases from history and literature.
(b) Cases from history and other people's opinions.
(c) Cases from history, other people's opinions, and literature.
(d) Literature and other people's opinions.
2. When did Adams and Jefferson begin reading voraciously?
(a) At a young age.
(b) During their presidencies.
(c) During college.
(d) After their presidencies.
3. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
(a) They thought the moderates were dangerous to the country.
(b) They thought the moderates were trying to stop the war.
(c) They thought the moderates were wrong about every issue.
(d) They thought the moderates did not love liberty enough.
4. When did Jefferson return to France in Chapter 4 and begin writing to Adams again?
(a) The beginning of April.
(b) The end of October.
(c) The end of April.
(d) The beginning of October.
5. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
(a) 1777 and 1881.
(b) 1775 and 1880.
(c) 1774 and 1879.
(d) 1778 and 1882.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which position did Jefferson have when Adams was vice-president?
2. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
3. Where did Adams observe Jefferson's presidency?
4. How long had Adams and Jefferson served as delegates in the lower house of their local legislatures when they met?
5. When did Vergennes pass away?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)