|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Novanglus letters, what did Adams defend for the Bay Colony?
(a) The trade agreements.
(b) The authority to resist British oppression.
(c) The decision to have elections.
(d) The economic status.
2. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
3. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
(a) They thought the moderates did not love liberty enough.
(b) They thought the moderates were dangerous to the country.
(c) They thought the moderates were trying to stop the war.
(d) They thought the moderates were wrong about every issue.
4. What type of a letter did Adams write after meeting with the ambassador of Tripoli, in Chapter 4?
5. How was Jefferson received in the England court as he tried to secure a commercial treaty?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jefferson's wife pass away?
2. How long after Adams established a friendly relationship with the Dutch would it help the U.S. alleviate debt?
3. When did Richard Henry Lee propose the resolution that Congress should secede from Britain?
4. Besides letters, what else did Adams and Jefferson write?
5. How long was Adams the Commissioner to France?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)