|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Vergennes pass away?
(a) April, 1787.
(b) February, 1787.
(c) April, 1788.
(d) February, 1788.
2. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
(a) They resented Britain's policies with the U.S.
(b) They resented Britain's economic acts.
(c) They resented Britain's politics.
(d) They resented Britain's navigation acts.
3. How long were Adams and Jefferson apart before they met on August 7th of 1784?
(a) Five years.
(b) Four and a half years.
(c) Five and a half years.
(d) Four years.
4. As mentioned in Chapter 1, which of Adams' skills stood out to Jefferson?
(a) His oratorical ability and sound head.
(b) His writing ability and sound head.
(c) His oratorical and writing ability.
(d) His oratorical and writing ability, and sound head.
5. Which of the following was one of the reasons why Adams wrote the Defense of the Constitutions of the United States?
(a) To prove that other countries should not try to imitate the U.S.'s style of government.
(b) To prove that the Constitution was only effective in the U.S.
(c) To prove that the U.S. did not copy England's style of government.
(d) To prove his involvement with the writing of the Constitution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vergennes lend to the U.S.?
2. When did the correspondence between Adams and Jefferson resume?
3. How long after Adams established a friendly relationship with the Dutch would it help the U.S. alleviate debt?
4. Where did Adams observe Jefferson's presidency?
5. Why did the Europeans ironically permit the Barbary piracy?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)