|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after Adams established a friendly relationship with the Dutch would it help the U.S. alleviate debt?
(a) Six years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Two years.
2. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
3. Where was Jefferson the governor?
4. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
(a) They resented Britain's policies with the U.S.
(b) They resented Britain's politics.
(c) They resented Britain's economic acts.
(d) They resented Britain's navigation acts.
5. How long was Adams the Commissioner to France?
(a) From 1777 to 1779.
(b) From 1775 to 1779.
(c) From 1774 to 1778.
(d) From 1774 to 1776.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Adams go to help secure formal recognition of American independence?
2. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
3. In 1784, how much experience did Adams have in diplomacy?
4. Where did Adams negotiate with the Portuguese?
5. How did Adams consider the U.S. Constitution?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)