|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was France's old regime described in 1787?
(a) Near collapse.
(b) Just starting to collapse.
(c) Halfway collapsed.
2. How did Adams consider the U.S. Constitution?
3. When did Richard Henry Lee propose the resolution that Congress should secede from Britain?
(a) July 4th.
(b) June 4th.
(c) July 7th.
(d) June 7th.
4. Which of the following was one of the reasons why Adams wrote the Defense of the Constitutions of the United States?
(a) To prove that other countries should not try to imitate the U.S.'s style of government.
(b) To prove that the U.S. did not copy England's style of government.
(c) To prove his involvement with the writing of the Constitution.
(d) To prove that the Constitution was only effective in the U.S.
5. How did Adams respond to Jefferson's suggestion to Congress about solving the situation with the Barbary pirates?
(a) He only supported it slightly.
(b) He supported it entirely.
(c) He supported it in a practical way.
(d) He did not support it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were Adams' negotiations with the Portuguese described in Chapter 3?
2. When did Vergennes pass away?
3. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
4. Written by Adams, when were the Novanglus letters published anonymously?
5. How was Adams described in the Introduction?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)