|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
(a) 1774 and 1879.
(b) 1775 and 1880.
(c) 1778 and 1882.
(d) 1777 and 1881.
2. Why did the Europeans ironically permit the Barbary piracy?
(a) They thought they would benefit from the destruction of trade between other nations.
(b) They were afraid of the pirates.
(c) They were unaware of the piracy.
(d) They hired the pirates and dictated their activity.
3. How many times did Jefferson mention Cosway in his letters to Abigail Adams?
(a) Four times.
(d) Three times.
4. What type of a letter did Adams write after meeting with the ambassador of Tripoli, in Chapter 4?
5. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
(a) The American Commission.
(b) The American Representatives.
(c) The American Delegation.
(d) The American Ambassadors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was one of the reasons why Adams wrote the Defense of the Constitutions of the United States?
2. In order to design a trade treatise, what position was Jefferson given by Congress in 1784?
3. Where did Adams go to help secure formal recognition of American independence?
4. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
5. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)