|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Jefferson join Adams and Benjamin Franklin in France?
2. What did Adams and Jefferson use to support their positions in the letters?
(a) Cases from history and other people's opinions.
(b) Cases from history and literature.
(c) Literature and other people's opinions.
(d) Cases from history, other people's opinions, and literature.
3. How did Jefferson meet Mrs. Maria Cosway?
(a) By accident.
(b) Through a friend.
(c) During a vacation.
(d) On a business trip.
4. How long had Adams and Jefferson served as delegates in the lower house of their local legislatures when they met?
(a) One year.
(b) A few years.
(c) Many years.
(d) Two years.
5. How old was Adams when he met Jefferson?
(a) Thirty four.
(b) Thirty seven.
(c) Thirty nine.
(d) Thirty two.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Adams observe Jefferson's presidency?
2. What was the profession of Maria Cosway's husband?
3. Where was Jefferson the governor?
4. What did Vergennes lend to the U.S.?
5. Why were Adams and Jefferson effectively matched in mental power and training?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)