|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Europeans ironically permit the Barbary piracy?
(a) They hired the pirates and dictated their activity.
(b) They thought they would benefit from the destruction of trade between other nations.
(c) They were unaware of the piracy.
(d) They were afraid of the pirates.
2. When did Adams and Jefferson begin reading voraciously?
(a) During college.
(b) During their presidencies.
(c) After their presidencies.
(d) At a young age.
3. When did the results of the Constitutional Convention ion 1787 reach Adams and Jefferson?
4. Which term did Adams and Jefferson begin to use to describe their positions in Chapter 3?
5. When did Richard Henry Lee propose the resolution that Congress should secede from Britain?
(a) June 4th.
(b) July 7th.
(c) June 7th.
(d) July 4th.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which month was the first letter in Chapter 3 written?
2. Where did Adams observe Jefferson's presidency?
3. Why were Adams and Jefferson effectively matched in mental power and training?
4. Which type of effect did Adams think Shay's Rebellion would have on government?
5. What was the profession of Maria Cosway's husband?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)