|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
(a) By an Original Member of the House of Burgesses.
(b) By a Native and Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
(c) By a Native and Member of the House of Burgesses.
(d) By a Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
2. How did Adams respond to Jefferson's suggestion to Congress about solving the situation with the Barbary pirates?
(a) He did not support it.
(b) He only supported it slightly.
(c) He supported it entirely.
(d) He supported it in a practical way.
3. Which obstacles of Independence concerned Adams and Jefferson in 1777?
(a) Financing the war and regulating trade.
(b) Public opinion and regulating trade.
(c) Financing the war, public opinion, and regulating trade.
(d) Financing the war and public opinion.
4. Which day was it when both Adams and Jefferson passed away?
(a) June 10.
(b) July 10.
(c) June 4.
(d) July 4.
5. When did Jefferson join Adams and Benjamin Franklin in France?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Adams and Jefferson effectively matched in mental power and training?
2. What was the profession of Maria Cosway's husband?
3. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
4. How was France's old regime described in 1787?
5. How was Adams described in the Introduction?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)