|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which day was it when both Adams and Jefferson passed away?
(a) June 10.
(b) June 4.
(c) July 4.
(d) July 10.
2. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
(a) By a Native and Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
(b) By a Founding Member of the House of Burgesses.
(c) By an Original Member of the House of Burgesses.
(d) By a Native and Member of the House of Burgesses.
3. Where did Adams and Jefferson meet?
(c) New York.
4. How old was Adams when he met Jefferson?
(a) Thirty four.
(b) Thirty nine.
(c) Thirty seven.
(d) Thirty two.
5. Why did the Europeans ironically permit the Barbary piracy?
(a) They were unaware of the piracy.
(b) They hired the pirates and dictated their activity.
(c) They were afraid of the pirates.
(d) They thought they would benefit from the destruction of trade between other nations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Jefferson's daughter that was sent to England to study with Abigail?
2. What year was it when Jefferson attempted to renew his correspondence with Abigail?
3. Which position did Jefferson have when Adams was vice-president?
4. When did Adams move to London?
5. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)