|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Adams and Jefferson have little tolerance for moderates?
(a) They thought the moderates were dangerous to the country.
(b) They thought the moderates were wrong about every issue.
(c) They thought the moderates did not love liberty enough.
(d) They thought the moderates were trying to stop the war.
2. How long after Adams established a friendly relationship with the Dutch would it help the U.S. alleviate debt?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Four years.
3. When did Adams move to London?
(a) Early 1785.
(b) Mid 1785.
(d) Late 1785.
4. As mentioned in Chapter 1, which of Adams' skills stood out to Jefferson?
(a) His oratorical ability and sound head.
(b) His oratorical and writing ability.
(c) His oratorical and writing ability, and sound head.
(d) His writing ability and sound head.
5. Which queen protected American vessels from the Barbary pirates, in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which month was the first letter in Chapter 3 written?
2. Along with Adams and Jefferson, how many other people were on the committee assigned to write the Declaration of Independence?
3. Which type of issues did Adams and Jefferson discuss primarily when their correspondence resumed?
4. Why did the Europeans ironically permit the Barbary piracy?
5. At Adams' request, what did Jefferson send during negotiations with the Portuguese?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)