|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
(a) They resented Britain's navigation acts.
(b) They resented Britain's policies with the U.S.
(c) They resented Britain's economic acts.
(d) They resented Britain's politics.
2. Where did Adams observe Jefferson's presidency?
(b) New York.
3. When did Jefferson return to France in Chapter 4 and begin writing to Adams again?
(a) The end of October.
(b) The beginning of April.
(c) The beginning of October.
(d) The end of April.
4. When was the last letter in Chapter 4 written?
(a) October, 1787.
(b) February, 1787.
(c) July, 1787.
(d) January, 1787.
5. Where did Adams travel as a Diplomat in 1778?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Jefferson received in the England court as he tried to secure a commercial treaty?
2. What did the British do while Jefferson was trying to secure the commercial treaty, in Chapter 4?
3. Besides letters, what else did Adams and Jefferson write?
4. How many times did Jefferson mention Cosway in his letters to Abigail Adams?
5. Before being published anonymously, how did Jefferson's friends refer to his work, the Summary View of the Rights of British America?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)