|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
(a) The letters both before and after 1801.
(b) The letters after 1801.
(c) The letters during 1801.
(d) The letters before 1801.
2. As mentioned in Chapter 4, when did Jefferson visit England on Adams' request?
3. Which position did Jefferson have when Adams was vice-president?
(a) Speaker of the house.
(b) Chief advisor.
(c) Secretary of Treasury.
(d) Secretary of state.
4. Why did Adams return to France in 1780?
(a) To negotiate with Italy for trade.
(b) To negotiate with Italy for peace.
(c) To negotiate with Great Britain for peace.
(d) To negotiate with Great Britain for trade.
5. When did the results of the Constitutional Convention ion 1787 reach Adams and Jefferson?
Short Answer Questions
1. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
2. When did Adams think material improvements were changing people?
3. How did Adams respond to Jefferson's suggestion to Congress about solving the situation with the Barbary pirates?
4. What items did Adams and Jefferson focus on gaining admittance to French markets?
5. In the order of the U.S. Presidents, when did John Adams and Thomas Jefferson hold the office respectively?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)