|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
(a) They resented Britain's navigation acts.
(b) They resented Britain's policies with the U.S.
(c) They resented Britain's politics.
(d) They resented Britain's economic acts.
2. How many times did Jefferson mention Cosway in his letters to Abigail Adams?
(b) Four times.
(c) Three times.
3. Where did Adams travel as a Diplomat in 1778?
4. What did Adams caution Jefferson about at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Reducing trade with Europe.
(b) Increasing trade with Europe.
(c) Getting too involved with European politics.
(d) Ignoring European politics.
5. Besides letters, what else did Adams and Jefferson write?
(a) Books, poems, and other documents.
(c) Other documents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Adams and Jefferson served as delegates in the lower house of their local legislatures when they met?
2. When did Richard Henry Lee propose the resolution that Congress should secede from Britain?
3. Which other country did Congress authorize a treaty with after the treaty with Prussia?
4. Which day was it when both Adams and Jefferson passed away?
5. How long were Adams and Jefferson apart before they met on August 7th of 1784?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)