|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alarmed Adams and Jefferson about the looting by the Barbary States?
(a) The lack of awareness of it.
(b) The Europeans' encouragement of it.
(c) The lack of solutions to stop it.
(d) The Europeans' tolerance of it.
2. What impressed Adams about Jefferson?
(a) His writing ability and temperament.
(b) His oratorical ability and temperament.
(c) His writing ability.
(d) His oratorical ability.
3. Why was Portugal open to American overtures?
(a) They resented Britain's economic acts.
(b) They resented Britain's policies with the U.S.
(c) They resented Britain's politics.
(d) They resented Britain's navigation acts.
4. Where did Adams and Jefferson meet?
(a) New York.
5. When did Adams and Jefferson work well together at the Continental Congress?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vergennes lend to the U.S.?
2. In the order of the U.S. Presidents, when did John Adams and Thomas Jefferson hold the office respectively?
3. How long had Adams and Jefferson served as delegates in the lower house of their local legislatures when they met?
4. Which type of effect did Adams think Shay's Rebellion would have on government?
5. Which of the following was one of the reasons why Adams wrote the Defense of the Constitutions of the United States?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)