|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Adams when he met Jefferson?
(a) Thirty seven.
(b) Thirty nine.
(c) Thirty four.
(d) Thirty two.
2. What was the profession of Maria Cosway's husband?
(c) Business owner.
3. What did Adams and Jefferson think about Great Britain in Chapter 3?
(a) It would not begin trading with other countries.
(b) It would not honor the agreements with the United States.
(c) It would begin trading with other countries.
(d) It would honor the agreements with the United States.
4. What group was Adams a member of when he helped in the reconciliation with Great Britain in 1776?
(a) The American Ambassadors.
(b) The American Delegation.
(c) The American Representatives.
(d) The American Commission.
5. Why was Jefferson's future job suspended in 1783?
(a) The job could not be funded.
(b) The War was ongoing.
(c) Jefferson was too far away.
(d) Peace was near.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of a letter did Adams write after meeting with the ambassador of Tripoli, in Chapter 4?
2. How many times did Jefferson mention Cosway in his letters to Abigail Adams?
3. Which type of effect did Adams think Shay's Rebellion would have on government?
4. In the Novanglus letters, what did Adams defend for the Bay Colony?
5. Where was Jefferson the governor?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)