|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Vergennes pass away?
(a) April, 1787.
(b) April, 1788.
(c) February, 1788.
(d) February, 1787.
2. When did Jefferson join Adams and Benjamin Franklin in France?
3. Which letters include less philosophical topics, such as whale-oil and tobacco contracts?
(a) The letters after 1801.
(b) The letters during 1801.
(c) The letters both before and after 1801.
(d) The letters before 1801.
4. Where was the Constitutional Convention of 1787 held?
5. How were Adams' negotiations with the Portuguese described in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What items did Adams and Jefferson focus on gaining admittance to French markets?
2. Which queen protected American vessels from the Barbary pirates, in Chapter 4?
3. Which years were the letters written that are included in Chapter 1?
4. What did the British do while Jefferson was trying to secure the commercial treaty, in Chapter 4?
5. What was the name of Jefferson's daughter that was sent to England to study with Abigail?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)